Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Summaries For 45-48
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1) > Original Japanese episodes (with sub)
odoridan
Here we go. Finally, I found the summaries on the animesuki boards at this link. How can there be spoilers not be posted at the fm-a boards? happy.gif

It has spoilers up to Sept 11th, so be forewarned. But I strongly believe that anybody coming to this board is begging to be spoiled.

I copied and pasted it here for your convenience:

[Anime] Synopsis for Episodes 45 to 48 from Shounen Gangan
Episode 45 : That which corrupts the heart
To be broadcast on : 21 August 2004
Spoiler for Episode 45:
Hohemheim came to speak with Lyra to convinve her to stop her actions against Ed and gang.

However Lyra refuses to comply and the look of suspicion surfaces on her face while they were talking about the birth of the Philosopher's Stone 400 years ago and about the Gate.

Episode 46 : Human Transmutation
To be broadcast on : 28 August 2004
Spoiler for Episode 46:
Al visits Tucker to enquire about the methods to use the Philosopher's Stone.

Tucker who has not given up trying to regrow Nina, demands an equivalent trade for the information. It looks like Al who has become the Philosopher's Stone, might be forced to submit or something......

Episode 47 : Homunculus Sealed
To be broadcast on : 4 September 2004
Spoiler for Episode 47:
Ed tries to get to Al in a hurry, trying to cut his way past Wrath in a violent fight.

On the other hand, Alphonse is looking in terror upon the figure of Sloth who appeared before his eyes.

A split second before the shocked-into-inaction Alphonse could be taken away by Sloth, Ed appeared, clutching a bundle taken from Resembool...

Episode 48 : Farewell
To be broadcast on : 11 September 2004
Spoiler for Episode 48:
On the snowy mountains lines a formation of soldiers, Armstrong sets them off towards Central, declaring that they are to gain control of Central Headquarters.

Among the tension filled army, Winry appeared in front of Ed and gang.

However, this meeting was just another trap...

And don't thank me for this, thank the dude on the animesuki boards for this.
Omakase Shimasu
Dammit, the suspense is killing me~~ Farewell?? Wha?!? And the bundle!! Trishas bones?! Supsense~

Yeah, I asked for it, I know~ laugh.gif And thanks anyway, for giving us the link! tongue.gif
Haroken
Def. Trisha's bones.. No doubt.
Omakase Shimasu
Poor Ed... Digging up his mother's bones only to fight the Sin that look exactly like his mother. blink.gif Twisted.

And what's this about Winry and a Farewell-trap anyway?

....Greece...!! mad.gif
Virtue
Alphonse needs to learn to use his power and to just kill Dante, she is pissing me off now, lol.
Omakase Shimasu
No kidding... But I don't think Al could kill her... or is that would? Ed however-- no wait, I don't think he could/would either... Hohenheim, maybe? Hmmm, he would have if he could have, I guess...

Well, it's only 5/6 episodes, I think I can stand her just a bit longer. But she better not come out of the end alive. dry.gif
Kodachrome
QUOTE(Omakase Shimasu @ Aug 17 2004, 09:55 PM)
Poor Ed... Digging up his mother's bones only to fight the Sin that look exactly like his mother.  blink.gif Twisted.

And what's this about Winry and a Farewell-trap anyway?

....Greece...!!  mad.gif

Probably Envy disguised as Winry or something....
pwx
QUOTE(Kodachrome @ Aug 18 2004, 01:21 AM)

That's what I'm thinking

And why the hell would Al go to Tucker of all people?
wolfi1412
this anime and summary are killing me!! and the trap thing, yes, might be Envy *wanting to kill envy aura*
RolfKaese
I hope winry doesnt die ;_;
anyway,looks like the series is getting ready to final blow us up xD
*dontwanttheseriestoend*
hakai-kun
i'm gonna be kinda sad when the series ends. i love hagaren! >.< but there's always the manga, and the movie to look forward too XD
Kodachrome
QUOTE(pwx @ Aug 18 2004, 02:23 AM)
QUOTE(Kodachrome @ Aug 18 2004, 01:21 AM)

That's what I'm thinking

And why the hell would Al go to Tucker of all people?

Well, Al going to Tucker explains why the animators have let Tucker live so god damn long sleep.gif;;

And he's the "Life-Sewing" Alchemist. -_o
Omakase Shimasu

...but why would the episode be called Farewell, than..? Unless Envy dies, but that's a bit unlikely, right? Or he killed Winry, but that doesn't sound right either. Gah~!!

Hmmm, makes me wonder why Al would submit to Tucker anyway? He's got the Ultimate Power. Tucker's a flea compared to him. XD Buwaha!
RolfKaese
Farewell probably means that Ed kills off Sloth... so its like "Farewell, Mother... finally you can rest" or something..
Omakase Shimasu
Hmmm, that may be so, but than why would the episode before "Farewell" be called "Homunculus (??) Sealed"? OK, sealing someone for (hopefully) eternity might be called a farewell...

Wonder if it's Envy who does the sealing (again)?
RolfKaese
would be quite interesting to know... well since this weekend there is fma 45, i look forward to it even more now >:D
Omakase Shimasu
This weekend?! Seriously, no kidding me?!
Chibi Viki
i promised myself not to look at spoilers anymore since it spoiled my viewing pleasure but... what the heck...

anyway, about ep 48... looks like the military is starting a coup d'etat if armstrong plans to take over Central. hmmm... interesting... then it is possible that Roy could really be the president by the end of the series...

nah, i don't think anything bad will happen to winry, just doesn't make any sense if the homonculi just suddenly killed her or even go after her when they should be going after Ed and Al.
Omakase Shimasu
laugh.gif Fuhrer Roy. The name alone is a clear indication he won't ever be able to achieve Presidentship. tongue.gif Besides he still has to contend with General Halcrow, Hakuro, whatever his name is... Maybe in the Movie? Fuhrer Roy Mustang, ruler of the World, creator of the mini-skirt rule, hell yeah!
Chibi Viki
in a coup d'etat, they could easily overthrow any high ranking official as well as instantly place to power any leader of their desire... it's basically to overthrow the old government if i'm not mistaken...
Omakase Shimasu
Un, good point. Still... Roy as the Fuhrer...? laugh.gif Guess as long as Hawkeye's there to rein him in when needed, it won't be too bad. Ed won't be pleased, though~

Unless... Ed coup d'etat's the Empire himself and becomes Fuhrer when noone's watching! XD Buwahaha~ "First order of business. Roy. Kneel before me and lick my boots~"

...did I just say Empire...?
TrueAlchemist
Chibi Viki,
Your idea about coup d'etat can be applied if Roy has some friends and more men who are loyal to Roy. Roy will not be able to become Fuhrer by coup d'etat.

I also like to see Roy as the top dog, and make all the female personal to wear mini skirt.
Zed
Well, the coup no doubt stems from them knowing Bradley is a Homonculus. However, I would imagine Pride would fight back if he was found out. Roy vs Pride perhaps? That would be nice to see.
Chibi Viki
QUOTE(TrueAlchemist @ Aug 18 2004, 10:42 PM)
Chibi Viki,
Your idea about coup d'etat can be applied if Roy has some friends and more men who are loyal to Roy. Roy will not be able to become Fuhrer by coup d'etat.

I also like to see Roy as the top dog, and make all the female personal to wear mini skirt.

well, he's got Armstrong with him, and he alone is a powerful military influence... plus the military of East HQ, he's awfully close with that old general... well, then there's the issue of bradley being a homonculous, if he's exposed that is... well, we really can't tell how this is going to happen until we se ep 48 or so... (I based the coup d'etat theory on the ep 48 summary since Armstrong had declared to take over Central)
pwx
It's possible. I mean we don't know how many of the normal men support Roy (Just the major characters) and we don't know who supports the characters that support Roy.

Plus Roy is an alchemist along with Armstrong. That gives them a lot of power and influence on top of all that. They're leaders that aren't easily going to fall

And then there's the recent incidents that have been happening (like what happens in Lior) that have probably left the military shaken.

The whole idea is very plausible
Chibi Viki
finally, someone who agrees with me... so happy T_T
Actually the only thing that will seem to work for them to depose Bradley is to reveal he is a Homunculus, a non-human i.e. monster.

Think about it, all throughout the series, no matter what issues the military had, the Fuhrer had never had to deal with dissension (meaning everybody pretty much accepts his decisions and methods).

However when the soldiers overhear that their leader might be something else, they seemed disturbed. (Of course one must wonder.... does everybody in the world suddenly know what a Homunculus is then in episode 43???)
Zechin
I wonder though
what couldve happened to the first philosipher's stone unless they destroyed it because everyone was fighting over it or something.
Or maybe someone in hiding has it and is in higher power then hohenheim and dante.
Just what im thinking huh.gif
Virtue
They probably will not be able to over-throw Bradley. Remember he has the all seeing eye(LotRs anyone?)and would probably see it coming. How do you think he got to the top so fast?

I just cant wait to see the final brawl between Ed, Al and the Homunculous. I want to see them dead for all of the chaos and pain they have caused >__<
pwx
QUOTE(Virtue @ Aug 20 2004, 06:28 AM)
They probably will not be able to over-throw Bradley.  Remember he has the all seeing eye(LotRs anyone?)and would probably see it coming.  How do you think he got to the top so fast?

Well he's probably aware of Roy's ambition to be Fuhrer and probably knows that he is going to go against him.

I think that the homonculus pride killed the Fuhrer and took his place,. (Rather than the Fuhrer always being a homonculus)

But I don't think he's going to be able to stop it. if it did happen that way.
Chibi Viki
if bradley already knew that Roy was about to go against him, he should've assassinated him beforehand and not let him pass through so easily. He could have also easily taken away his title, etc. etc.

besides, the real ruler isn't Bradley... it's Dante. Bradley is only following her orders. somehow, i don't think that the position really mattered as long as they got what they wanted....
EpYoN
QUOTE(Chibi Viki @ Aug 20 2004, 06:13 PM)
if bradley already knew that Roy was about to go against him, he should've assassinated him beforehand and not let him pass through so easily. He could have also easily taken away his title, etc. etc.

besides, the real ruler isn't Bradley... it's Dante. Bradley is only following her orders. somehow, i don't think that the position really mattered as long as they got what they wanted....

Sorry, Im a guest, but Ill register later.

I seriously doubt that. Especially when a homonculus(I think Lust) had said that Mustang was an important canidate to become an ingredient for the Philosophers stone and they werent going to get rid of him yet. It seems alchemists made better ingredients from that comment. Oh well.
QUOTE(EpYoN @ Aug 20 2004, 07:00 PM)
Sorry, Im a guest, but Ill register later.

I seriously doubt that. Especially when a homonculus(I think Lust) had said that Mustang was an important canidate to become an ingredient for the Philosophers stone and they werent going to get rid of him yet. It seems alchemists made better ingredients from that comment. Oh well.

Which episode did Lust say all that about Roy? Last I checked, the topic of this thread is "Summaries for 45-48" under the "Full Metal Alchemist Anime" section. I certainly don't recall any Roy being a Human Sacrifice in the anime at all.
Omakase Shimasu
huh.gif Really? I thought I saw/heard Lust saying that too... Oh well, manga and anime are hard to keep seperated. tongue.gif At least for me.

They said the same thing about Dr. Marcoh didn't they? I guess since Alchemists can use Alchemy it will make the philospher's Stone that much more powerful. Seems a bit stupid to me, but... yeah.
TrueAlchemist
You are right.

Is Dr. Marcoh killed or disappeared??
Omakase Shimasu
Ummm, I think the last of what you see of Dr. Marcoh is being... killed by Lust? In his hotel room... She wanted the documentation of the Philospher's Stone's research. Or she didn't kill him... That wouldn't make any sense (killing him) because he was a worthy sacrifice too...
pwx
QUOTE(Chibi Viki @ Aug 20 2004, 06:13 PM)

Not necessarily

While Homonculus are following Dante's will, it's clear they aren't mindless drones. They can pretty much do what they please as long as it does not interfere with the orders. The sins seem to take on their attitude from their respective name. Pride (Bradley) follows orders but I feel like he's got his own way of doing things and handling the military. He's given an objective and he does it in his own way (This is what I think anyway)

I mean, he kills Martel but yet he doesn't kill Alphonse? Even though he probably knows how to kill him? Why didn't he kill Al too? There was danger of him knowing that he was a homonculus (Al probably even saw it) So why? I think he's playing his own game on the side of Dante's plans.

Plus how would Bradley dispose of Roy? Roy already has numerous people pushing him to the top. If something suddenly happened to him the red flags would start flying and sooner or later his cover as Fuhrer would be blown

That or I think Pride feels a bond with Roy. Roy has a lot of pride and I think Bradley can relate to his ambitions. Homonculus do have emotions and I think Pride is letting Roy live. I don't know it's hard to explain but do you get what I mean?
TrueAlchemist
Omakase Shimasu

I think there is no such thing as sacrifice in anime.
The term, sacrifice became meaning less at this point.

In original story line (manga version), they made red stone by using Alchemist's lives. It is not discovered yet, but I believe they use Alchemists' lives to make Red stone.

But, in anime, they just pump up red stone with any human lives.

I think Marco got killed, and I wonder what happen to the maid who got caught by Gluttony. She was about to be eaten. Do you think that girl is eaten by Gluttony?
Omakase Shimasu
QUOTE(TrueAlchemist @ Aug 21 2004, 02:27 AM)
Omakase Shimasu

I think there is no such thing as sacrifice in anime.
The term, sacrifice became meaning less at this point.

In original story line (manga version), they made red stone by using Alchemist's lives.  It is not discovered yet, but I believe they use Alchemists' lives to make Red stone.

But, in anime, they just pump up red stone with any human lives.

I think Marco got killed, and I wonder what happen to the maid who got caught by Gluttony. She was about to be eaten.  Do you think that girl is eaten by Gluttony?

Oh, well than Marcoh's not so special. Lust probably killed him than after they aqcuiered the information they needed. And I guess the maid was killed too because they only wanted Marcoh's info. And they're evil. ^__^;; OK, maybe not Lust because she's "good" in the anime, or something. <__<

But if they only use Alchemists to create the Red Stone... why the prison? Were those prisoners all Alchemists, than? Or do you mean the Ultimate (Complete) Philosopher Stone?

...I guess this is getting a bit off-topic...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.