Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What Type Of School Do You Attend?
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > Open Talk
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Heartless_Soldier
I was in a cathlic private school until 4th grade then i went public to high school.
~FMAgurl~
QUOTE(Mrs. Edward Elric @ Aug 13 2005, 03:21 PM) [snapback]250665[/snapback]

mad.gif just because some people go to public school doesnt mean that they wont be sucessful in life, the only reason that people go to private school is that their parents are rich.

That's not always the case. Even if parents can afford to send their child to a private school, it doesn't always mean they'll do it. My parents are most definately not rich, but they put my in a private Catholic school because they like the small, safe, secure enviroment. I think it's the rich and the paranoid parents that send their children to private school biggrin.gif

But I agree with you on everything else that you said. It all depends on how much effort you put into your work, not what kind of school you go to.

O, and it's private school all the way until college for me. Joy mellow.gif
Fayth Prophecy
I go to public school...but i deal with it.
the_lightning_alchemist10
public school so far. Let's see, thsi past week has been well, only 3 fights.

It all depends on how much effort you put into your work, not what kind of school you go to.

very true, but i think it also depends if on the teacher's methods. like if you understand exactly what they are syaing and they don't give you extra surprises on tests and quizzes.
Fayth Prophecy
I agree with lightning. It does depend on the teacher's methods.
Bling_bling_Angel
Does going to the university still count as school?

smile.gif?

*innocent*
Runningwind
I go to a public school.
siner
i go to a public school and it bigs but the school is poor i hate my school
the_lightning_alchemist10
i hate my school

don't most kids hate their schools? not colleges....middle and high schools.
Water Achemist
I go to a private school...[gasp] not everyone at my school is a brat...Just rich and spoiled.
ChocolateAlchemist
heh I go to a public school in CHICAGO

talk about gangs
Blitz
I go to a public school. I have to say, I hate it so much. The teachers are HORRIBLE and so are the classes they make us take. It wasn't even the school I wanted to go to. I wanted to go to the same school my brother went to but they didn't let me in...
Molecular Alchemist
QUOTE(Bling_bling_Angel @ Jan 16 2006, 09:17 PM) [snapback]339224[/snapback]

Does going to the university still count as school?

smile.gif?

*innocent*

*scratches head* I hope so, or else I'm not going to school every that that I think that I am.. wacko.gif hehe! I got to a University too! YAY GRADUATE SCHOOL!!! hmmm...I wonder if there are any other grad students here...and they just arn't as loud about it as me..... laugh.gif
Riza Mustang
public school... not bad.. but i just hate it when i have to work with people who aren't that 'capable' and willing to work... sometimes i wish i went to some private school otherwise everything's okay
Frazzie
I go to an academically sound public school. People there suck, though. ;D

I'd never be able to wear uniforms, because I've always liked clothes.

BC I R PREP~

LOL

NOT RLY. :)
heavensangel
public school
FMA-Freak
I have to go to a public school. Everyone there is rude, and always using rude language right in front of the teachers.
Petalchaser
i guess my school would count as a public school, but i go to a technical vocational high school... my major there is commercial art and graphic design.
Irenic Moons
PRIVATE IS DA SHIT!

Haha, yeah, not. I don't really fit in at my school (which, is basically, rich snobs/jocks/fakes/nerds). Lol, I guess it's hard to put a label on me. I get perfect grades like a prep, but I dress emo/punk.

...Which is part of the reason my parents kept me away from public schools...They think I'll like, stop caring about schoolwork and go do pot or something...(I wouldn't)
wolfy519
Just your normal public school smile.gif
shadows_on_the_hills
I go to a HUGE public school, my graduating class is gonna be like 1,000 (3,400 in the whole school).
It's filled with crackheads and preps, but somehow I manage.
The Ancient One
I attend a boarding school in Malvern, Pennsylvania. But right now I'm stuck at home with Mono (though I'm sure I could finish out my next few weeks fine, it's school policy to send me home). It's a nice little school. Food isn't overly amazing for the tuition I'm paying, but it's great as a get to meet kids from all over the world. And I have to tell you, aside from it being an all-male's school (which is it's most dominant downfall in every students eyes) it isn't that bad. You actually get a good bit of freedom during the day and the teachers are amazingly lax and friendly.
FullmetalMagician
Always private catholic...
sad.gif
Taskinst
i go to this public school for manget studies
it's supose to be like this "smart people" school
but i just feel just as dumb and stuipd as everyone else
Fullmetal19
I go to a Catholic private school I've been there for 8 years and i have 2 years left there
candymakeudandy
a public hs.
MasterKris
I attend a secondary school. It's pretty big and has the biggest media center and gym in our county.
LT Colonel Mustang
Hmm i attend a public school (Lynnwood Highschool) which really really really really sucks!!!!!!!!!! mad.gif
Roy-Riz-fan
I'm a public schooler.Private schools are just scary. sad.gif
Slashrose1010
QUOTE(Roy-Riz-fan @ Mar 18 2006, 11:57 PM) [snapback]365417[/snapback]

Really? I would think public ones are typically more scary, but really, a school is a school. My catholic school experience wasn't much different from my current public education.

I attend a public high school right now.
FullmetalMagician
QUOTE(Roy-Riz-fan @ Mar 19 2006, 03:57 PM) [snapback]365417[/snapback]

You think so? Well, I think Public Schools are scary...

ooo... welcome to the forums Roy-Riz-fan!!!
Emi-chan
QUOTE(FullmetalMagician @ Mar 19 2006, 09:09 PM) [snapback]365543[/snapback]

Well, I think Public Schools are scary...

Well, I think Tamara Girls High School in NSW, Australia is scary. I read an article a while back about it, and it freaked me out.
Note: You don't have to read it.

[spoiler]This story contains references to gang rape, so I've put it under spoiler tags.[/spoiler]

Alright here goes...

[spoiler] Tamara Girls High School is was one of the richest most prestigeous highschools in Australia. On one school camp, a 15-year-old student attending the school was gang raped by her boyfriend and his buddies. She then told the supervising teacher of the camp, and they told her to keep quiet about it. She didn't listen, and rang her parents, telling them to come pick her up. When they got there, however, the teachers told them the "truth": She had consented to sex with her boyfriend, and so her parents wouldn't be ashamed, she made up a story of rape. Her parents believed the teachers, and went home angry at their daughter's "lying".

A few weeks later, everyone knew of the girl's attempt to cover up doing it with her boyfreind, and she had to leave the school the harrassment was so bad. And then the turning point occured. One of the guys who had raped her confessed to the police. Her parents soon found out the real "truth" as well. Needless to say her parents were P*SSED. They sued the school, and turned it into a HUGE scandal, and that school is now very less popular.

Sure...public school people maybe "scary" But Private Schools aren't that great either. [/spoiler]

I attend a public high school! I love my school. People are nice there, not violent and crazy, like some people believe. Also, to the person who basically said "people from private schools are smarter and more successful than people from public schools" my school got the 3rd highest HSC score in the state of NSW. That beat all of the private schools. The two above us were Selective Schools (schools for super-smart ppl) What does this prove? People from private schools are NOT NECESSARILY smarter than ppl from public schools.

Le Monkey
I go to a Public College.
I was offered a place at a really good Private school with partial scolership, but my mum couldnt afford to send me so I went to the local comp.
But now Im in colegge it seems allot easyer as im taking what I want to take, ^^ (IT& Business)
HybridAlchemist
Public School called Bebee...Filled with crack pots, Idiots, Dumb ass teachers, and peepo who dont have a clue
haiku
public school for me
Ailuro
QUOTE(Slashrose1010 @ Mar 18 2006, 08:59 PM) [snapback]365420[/snapback]

QUOTE(Roy-Riz-fan @ Mar 18 2006, 11:57 PM) [snapback]365417[/snapback]

Really? I would think public ones are typically more scary, but really, a school is a school. My catholic school experience wasn't much different from my current public education.

I attend a public high school right now.

Mm.. same.
*~vachi~*
Private school... smile.gif
Did I already post in here? unsure.gif ph34r.gif

Hope not... laugh.gif
FullmetalMagician
QUOTE(Emi-chan @ Mar 19 2006, 10:48 PM) [snapback]365553[/snapback]

QUOTE(FullmetalMagician @ Mar 19 2006, 09:09 PM) [snapback]365543[/snapback]

Well, I think Public Schools are scary...

Well, I think Tamara Girls High School in NSW, Australia is scary. I read an article a while back about it, and it freaked me out.
Note: You don't have to read it.

[spoiler]This story contains references to gang rape, so I've put it under spoiler tags.[/spoiler]

Alright here goes...

[spoiler] Tamara Girls High School is was one of the richest most prestigeous highschools in Australia. On one school camp, a 15-year-old student attending the school was gang raped by her boyfriend and his buddies. She then told the supervising teacher of the camp, and they told her to keep quiet about it. She didn't listen, and rang her parents, telling them to come pick her up. When they got there, however, the teachers told them the "truth": She had consented to sex with her boyfriend, and so her parents wouldn't be ashamed, she made up a story of rape. Her parents believed the teachers, and went home angry at their daughter's "lying".

A few weeks later, everyone knew of the girl's attempt to cover up doing it with her boyfreind, and she had to leave the school the harrassment was so bad. And then the turning point occured. One of the guys who had raped her confessed to the police. Her parents soon found out the real "truth" as well. Needless to say her parents were P*SSED. They sued the school, and turned it into a HUGE scandal, and that school is now very less popular.

Sure...public school people maybe "scary" But Private Schools aren't that great either. [/spoiler]

I attend a public high school! I love my school. People are nice there, not violent and crazy, like some people believe. Also, to the person who basically said "people from private schools are smarter and more successful than people from public schools" my school got the 3rd highest HSC score in the state of NSW. That beat all of the private schools. The two above us were Selective Schools (schools for super-smart ppl) What does this prove? People from private schools are NOT NECESSARILY smarter than ppl from public schools.

HOLY CRAP!!!
That's seriously scary...
Well have you heard about St. Scholastica's college, in Glebe? Well, my friend's frined *which is now my friend* told me that there's some Yr. 12s that are bullying Yr. 7s there, and I thought my school is so cool! I'm in year 8 right now... O.o
Anyway, whereabouts is yer school? I haven't been in other places, just in the City, Chatswood, Flemington and yeh...
I was thinking of going to anothe school with boys, but your story just scares me...
Now I have doubts on going to a different school... T-T
Have to agree with you, people going to private schools are not always smarter, just luckier, it still depends on the person if he/she studies well, or slacks alot, and bludge alot... *I do that!*
Emi-chan
Coed schools aren't that scary. happy.gif
Chiyo-chan
would it make sense if i said that i used to go to a public school(Kindergarden-3rd grade), then to a private/catholic school(also 3rd-5thgrd)
and then back to a public school(6th- whatever grd)? rolleyes.gif
Maria Elric
I'm in a Vocational School.I am in the Graphic Design class of 2007. Next year, i graduate. (THANK GOD!!!!) No offense, i can't stand the "DRAMA" in the freakin school. I have friend in the school though.
Vash_the_Gunslinger
I went to a private school for K-8. Then a public high school for 9-12. Now I attend a public college. At my private school we didn't have to wear certain clothes etc. Basically we were a public school with the exception that we called ourselves private.
22-250
I'm currently going to a public school and I HATE it. It's too friggen' big. And everyone's an asshole.

I wouldn't mind following my friend and going to a smaller all boys private school, but whatever.
phoenix dying
state college happy.gif
Miyuki-chan
I attend in a private school but my mom planned that I'm going on home schooling next school year but I didn't agree w/ the plan though....coz home schooling is sooo boring and I don't get to be with my friends only me alone....that's why I stayed in private tongue.gif
Lysander
I have been in the same all-girls privtae school ever since I was in kindergarden. It's sad really. mellow.gif
Miyuki-chan
QUOTE(Hollow Souled Alchemist @ Aug 19 2006, 07:15 AM) [snapback]434490[/snapback]

I have been in the same all-girls privtae school ever since I was in kindergarden. It's sad really. mellow.gif

and why is it sad? huh.gif
Lysander
My friends and I have never actually talked to a boy we don't know. So bluntly, we don't know how to talk to boys and practically terrified of them.mellow.gif
ed_drink_your_milk
i went to a charter school most of my life, but now I'm in normal public school.

the charter school was great, but really different. we called all the teachers by their first names and we didn't get grades. the problem was that the switch from 8th to highschool (the charter school went up to 8th) was hard. also,it was an environmental school, so we got to do tracker school and spend lots of time outside and we had a really long recess( laugh.gif ), but the classes were so small that there weren't enough people to be friends with blink.gif , then came the public school! ok, I'll shut up now.
Molecular Alchemist
QUOTE(phoenix dying @ Aug 18 2006, 11:17 PM) [snapback]434418[/snapback]

state college happy.gif

*thumbs up*

private college for me, though i'm in a graduate program, not UG happy.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.