Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Episode 24 Discussion
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1) > English Dub episodes (on Adult Swim)
Pages: 1, 2
TheVileOne
Alright guys, episode 24 as we are fast approaching the season finale. Remember, this is the first of the last 2 episodes of the season. Though I believe that Adult Swim will be airing up to episode 26 before the break. Episode 26 would be the first episode of the subsequent season, so just FYI to keep track.

The last episode, Al came to the conclusion that his memories and soul are fake, and Edward manufactured them. In a fit of fear and anger he struck Ed and ran away. Now if you guys have been WATCHING and paying attention, you should obviously realize that Alphonse's conclusion is WRONG and that he is real. And if you are keen, you should already know by now from watching the show what it is Ed is afraid to tell Al. Though without giving anything away, that is revealed in this episode smile.gif .

This is another climactic episode, a lot of things will come to a head and be resolved.
fmaedfan
I cant wate till 11:30 so i can see it
KevLar
spoiler: humans die
anime freak- a- leak
QUOTE(fmaedfan @ Apr 23 2005, 12:34 PM)
I cant wate till 11:30 so i can see it
[snapback]159347[/snapback]

same here biggrin.gif
Hawkeyes counterpart
I'm counting down the minutes..... there goes another one biggrin.gif
Jen_Elric
yay! I can't wait to see this episode!
Come on, 11:30!
It's sad that Barry died so soon, they should had kept him alive like in the Manga. He was a riot, actually getting the hots for Liza. Only to get killed by Lust, serveral chapters later.
TheVileOne
I'm personally glad they didn't make him a "good guy" like they did in the manga. Sick freaks like him should not be good guys.
edog
QUOTE(TheVileOne @ Apr 23 2005, 11:37 AM)
Alright guys, episode 24 as we are fast approaching the season finale.  Remember, this is the first of the last 2 episodes of the season.  Though I believe that Adult Swim will be airing up to episode 26 before the break.  Episode 26 would be the first episode of the subsequent season, so just FYI to keep track.

The last episode, Al came to the conclusion that his memories and soul are fake, and Edward manufactured them.  In a fit of fear and anger he struck Ed and ran away.  Now if you guys have been WATCHING and paying attention, you should obviously realize that Alphonse's conclusion is WRONG and that he is real.  And if you are keen, you should already know by now from watching the show what it is Ed is afraid to tell Al.  Though without giving anything away, that is revealed in this episode smile.gif .

This is another climactic episode, a lot of things will come to a head and be resolved.
[snapback]159251[/snapback]

what do u mean theres 45 eps
TheVileOne
Um...no. There are 51 episodes slappy. And the season is about to end on Adult Swim. The next season will start later in the fall.
Sonic-Teal
Yay Barry dies, I am so happy. I hated that guy I just wanted tot ake a shot gun and blow off his blood seal. I could go on an entire rant saying why I hate people like Barry. Oh and this is a bit spoilerish and I dont know how to make that cool highlight to read spoiler thing so I am just gonna scroll down a bit.

*SPOILER*

Is that woman who hired that gy with the eltric back pack thingy Sloth?
AlphonseRules
This episode was ok, but it didn't really live up to what I've come to expect from an FMA episode. It kinda sucked how they spent all of last weeks episode building up the emotion between Alphonse and Edward, and then explain it all in about 5 seconds right in the middle of an action scene. Also, it seemed like they put to much into this episode(the evil military guys, Barry, the two brothers story) and it took a lot away from what was going on between Al and Ed.
On a positive note Al really kicked some ass in this episode. He may not have ripped anyone in half, but it was still satisfying altogether. Also, I always like when Al and Scar are together, maybe cause they are such an odd pair.
Azura Elric
WHAT!!! They're ending it at 26?! ;-; aw to h*** with reruns -.- *sniffs*
It's a shame that Barry did die really, cause he was really funny in the manga, and I have to agree that "Do you hate me?" part was kind of...eh i don't know if it was THAT effective.
TheVileOne
QUOTE(AlphonseRules @ Apr 24 2005, 05:51 AM)
This episode was ok, but it didn't really live up to what I've come to expect from an FMA episode.  It kinda sucked how they spent all of last weeks episode building up the emotion between Alphonse and Edward, and then explain it all in about 5 seconds right in the middle of an action scene.  Also, it seemed like they put to much into this episode(the evil military guys, Barry, the two brothers story) and it took a lot away from what was going on between Al and Ed.
On a positive note Al really kicked some ass in this episode.  He may not have ripped anyone in half, but it was still satisfying altogether.  Also, I always like when Al and Scar are together, maybe cause they are such an odd pair.
[snapback]159696[/snapback]

That's really kind of the point. Al's attitude was kind of like, "Oh that's it? Of course I don't hate you bro." And like I said, it should've been pretty obvious that that's what Ed was afraid about, his guilt and self-torture over what happened to his younger brother has been a recurring element over the course of the series.

Anyway, with Ed and Al, brothers fight, and they resolve it pretty easily and things go back to normal, just like they did at the end of this episode.
AlphonseRules
QUOTE(TheVileOne @ Apr 23 2005, 02:37 PM)
And if you are keen, you should already know by now from watching the show what it is Ed is afraid to tell Al.  Though without giving anything away, that is revealed in this episode smile.gif .
[snapback]159251[/snapback]

Did you know what Ed was going to ask Al the first time you saw the series? Just curious.
TheVileOne
I won't say I knew with 100% certainty. But I just started watching all those episodes at once, before that issue came up. So everything that happened was fresh in my mind. But the feeling I kept getting from Ed was his guilt over what happened to Al. There are moments, when Ed just roughs it out and says, "This pain, its nothing compared to his." And then when you see those moments where Al is in pain or he has to do things to pretend he is wearing armor (when they were eating dinner with the Tuckers). So when Al goes to Ed and tells him he doesn't feel like he can remember anything anymore, Ed feels responsible for that, and in turn he's afraid, afraid that maybe his only living relative, his best friend, and the person he loves and cares about more than anyone else might resent him. In that sense it was an easy conclusion or guess to surmise.
AlphonseRules
QUOTE(TheVileOne @ Apr 24 2005, 02:06 AM)
That's really kind of the point.  Al's attitude was kind of like, "Oh that's it? Of course I don't hate you bro."  And like I said, it should've been pretty obvious that that's what Ed was afraid about, his guilt and self-torture over what happened to his younger brother has been a recurring element over the course of the series. 

Anyway, with Ed and Al, brothers fight, and they resolve it pretty easily and things go back to normal, just like they did at the end of this episode.
[snapback]159717[/snapback]

I realize that Al thought that Ed should have never had a question like that, but I was expecting the whole episode to be building up to the question but it just seemed like a side note to everything else in the episode.
I also thought that it was strange how at the begining of the episode when Al and Scar are together, Scar says something like "If you and your brother hate each other, that will make things a lot easier for me." Like he still intends to kill Ed. Then at the end of the episode they are talking like they are friends or something.
TheVileOne
That was just Scar being Scar. Plus, at the time he said that, Al had apparently broken ties with Ed, and at the end, the ties were rectified.

Ok, here's a better way to put it:

There's a reason that Scar isn't really trying to kill Ed anymore.
_alchemist
YES! they're ending at Ep 26 which means that we can at least we will be able to see the NEW OPENING: UNDO and the new ending: MOTHERLAND! but then, no more FMA 'till autumn? damn!
TheVileOne
Hate to break it to you alchemist, but the only opening we will be seeing for Fullmetal Alchemist through the entire run on Adult Swim is READY STEADY GO by L~Arc. And the endings are shortened as well. The READY STEADY GO thing is old news though.

Don't worry though. They will still show reruns, and the DVD's are still going to be released over the summer. So maybe you want to go back and watch some episodes to see if you missed anything and possibly build up your FMA DVD collection smile.gif .

Plus, the movie comes out in Japan in a couple of months. And the action figures are finally trickling out around the US. Very exciting time to be an FMA fan right now.
CursedAnubis
Hmm, my speculation on the reason Scar doesn't really want to kill Ed anymore would be because he might have developed a sort of bond with Al; Maybe Scar can see that Al's suffered enough and doesn't want him to suffer more. After all, they're both younger brothers and spent some "compatable" time together laugh.gif Man it warms my heart to see Scar battling on the same side as the Elric brothers

Anyway, great episode, I loved seeing Al do some heavy duty butt kicking on those troops. Also, we got to see a slightly different part of Scar that didn't really show before, and also fixed the little quarrel between Ed and Al.
It kinda sucked how they spent all of last weeks episode building up the emotion between Alphonse and Edward, and then explain it all in about 5 seconds right in the middle of an action scene

Actually I kinda prefer it that way, in middle of a battle instead of a long awkward drawn out conversation. Granted, a little more dialog about it would have been more satisfying, but you get what you get right?

Are Izumi and Sig going to show up in the 26th episode? If not then I guess we'll have to wait till like fall =/... But it will definately worth the wait ^^
AlphonseRules
I did like how Al responded to Ed's question while smashing Barry's face in. Sweet. biggrin.gif
ymsg
I coulda died when Ed said, "I'm scared, Winry." I was like, oh you poor thing. Which in turn really made me mad at Al again. The "I don't care about him" in refrence to Ed didn't help either. But I loved it when to two reunited; it was so great.

"I wouldn't blame you if you did, Al, but I have to know.. do you hate me for everything I've done to you?" <-- or something along those lines. And I gained my respect for Al back slightly when he said that he could never, ever hate him.

For once we get a happy ending episode! lol
Luckyalchemy27
This was a great episode. My favorite line was at the end when Scar tells Al that he thinks his tears were human. I never thought Scar was that deep...
QUOTE(CursedAnubis @ Apr 24 2005, 01:36 AM)
Are Izumi and Sig going to show up in the 26th episode? If not then I guess we'll have to wait till like fall =/... But it will definately worth the wait ^^
[snapback]159789[/snapback]

[spoiler] don't think this is much of a spoiler but... Yes you'll see them in the end and i little in the middle [/spoiler]
Kirara
I thought this episode was okay. The resolution scene between Ed and Al was handled much better in the manga. I didn't like how it was so rushed during a battle scene in the anime.

I also have to say although I love Jerry Jewel as Barry, anime Barry can also not live up to his manga counterpart. I love Manga Barry

Although I will say I did enjoy all the Scar/Al scenes. biggrin.gif
Hawkeyes counterpart
I felt so sorry for the Ishbalan people, they were under attack again!!! I mean can't they get a break for once!!! I was really mad at those military guys mad.gif mad.gif !! But I was happy at the end when Barry the Chopper died tongue.gif *yeah*. Anyway, I liked the episode and I'm glad everything was resolved biggrin.gif
Mustang's Apprentice
I liked this episode, cause it had good fight scenes, Ed's question revealed, and some good Scar moments in it.

It's all leading up to Ep:25 smile.gif
Tse'yak
So......I hope this isnt the last time we see Scar. Hes just a sweet character.
If it is the last time we'll see him, then at least he wasnt killed by the Humonculi.

Seriously though, I'd rather have Scar chasing after Edward then have Lust and the rest of the gang chasing him.

It probally isnt Scars last episode though. They still havent explained how or why he got those tatoos on his arm, or what they mean, unless those were explained in the one episode I missed (I think its the one where Ed and Al find Marco and Brigider General whats-his-name was killed).
I'm sorry to see Barry go so soon, he is a very interesting character.

But, then agian, it didn't show his anchor point actually being destroyed.

Is Barry really gone? (if he is tell, so as not to keep me in suspense)
The Thunder Alchemist
Oops that geust is me biggrin.gif

And to all the ppl who think that Ed's question got answered too quickly: I think this was trying to show how unrational Ed's fear was, and that the bond between him and Al is very, very strong
As it seemed, Scar partifically destoryed Barry's anchor point, while the explosion seemed to finished. If Barry's not dead from that, he'll be a in semi-vegative stage.
But the manga had Barry escape death and end up back in military custody, though he became the military's lacky. Doing the errands, resisting the urge to kill, and trying to get it on with Liza(Who turned him one when she shot his head off without hestation.). But Barry die died for real at the hands of Lust.
Martel
QUOTE(Kirara @ Apr 24 2005, 08:59 AM)
I thought this episode was okay. The resolution scene between Ed and Al was handled much better in the manga. I didn't like how it was so rushed during a battle scene in the anime.

I also have to say although I love Jerry Jewel as Barry, anime Barry can also not live up to his manga counterpart. I love Manga Barry

Although I will say I did enjoy all the Scar/Al scenes.  biggrin.gif
[snapback]159878[/snapback]

Oh man the Manga Barry is hilarious! I love him in the manga! I agree that the Scar/Al scenes were very amusing. I wonder if Scar regrets making the promise to Ed that he wouldn't harm Al. Well I don't exactly LIKE Scar but I have a strong respect for him. He is a man of his word! Yeah!
CursedAnubis
They still havent explained how or why he got those tatoos on his arm, or what they mean, unless those were explained in the one episode I missed (I think its the one where Ed and Al find Marco and Brigider General whats-his-name was killed).

If that's all you missed, you weren't paying attention when Scar said his brother put the tatoos on his arm. Also, if you had been watching carefully, you might have noticed that the Red room in the laboratory had the same designs on the wall as Scar's arm.

Terra
A
Ndan
Colia

Or something to that effect
TheVileOne
QUOTE(The Thunder Alchemist @ Apr 24 2005, 06:21 PM)
Oops that geust is me  biggrin.gif

And to all the ppl who think that Ed's question got answered too quickly: I think this was trying to show how unrational Ed's fear was, and that the bond between him and Al is very, very strong
[snapback]159949[/snapback]

You nailed it perfectly right there Thunder Alchemist.
Karo
Still I think Ed's question was a little dumb.
I mean why was he so scared.
kyb
well ed thought it was his fault since he is the one who suggested to bring back thier mom so ed would of thought somewhere al would be hating ed for losing his body and attatched in to that body.sorry its a bunch of fragments
Martel
I feel so bad of Ed! I mean he's been holding this guilt inside for years and he was too afraid to ask Al if he hated him for puting Al in the armor. I did like the whole "big reveal" in the manga but I have to admit I liked Al's sudden burst of strength to kick that dudes ass. GO AL!
ymsg
God, I felt so bad for Edward. He sounded so scared; "Do you hate me?" Broke my heart, lol. I don't blame him in the least for being scared; he put his brother's soul in a suit of armour and destroyed his body. Al's been walking around with horrible thoughts of what's real and what's not, and Edward feels so guilty for that. I can't blame him at all for being afraid of that.
QUOTE(Tse'yak @ Apr 24 2005, 11:05 AM)
So......I hope this isnt the last time we see Scar. Hes just a sweet character.
If it is the last time we'll see him, then at least he wasnt killed by the Humonculi.

Seriously though, I'd rather have Scar chasing after Edward then have Lust and the rest of the gang chasing him.

It probally isnt Scars last episode though. They still havent explained how or why he got those tatoos on his arm, or what they mean, unless those were explained in the one episode I missed (I think its the one where Ed and Al find Marco and Brigider General whats-his-name was killed).
[snapback]159928[/snapback]

Nope...he isn't gone yet. As for Barry, he's dead. tongue.gif
TheVileOne
Scar will DEFINITELY be coming back. We have NOT seen the last of Scar.

In case you guys have forgotten, Scar is #1 on the Military's Most Wanted List.
AlphonseRules
QUOTE(ymsg @ Apr 24 2005, 06:03 PM)
God, I felt so bad for Edward. He sounded so scared; "Do you hate me?" Broke my heart, lol. I don't blame him in the least for being scared; he put his brother's soul in a suit of armour and destroyed his body. Al's been walking around with horrible thoughts of what's real and what's not, and Edward feels so guilty for that. I can't blame him at all for being afraid of that.
[snapback]160117[/snapback]

Plus in the last episode Al pretty much did hate Ed, so that would make him even more afraid of the answer.
ymsg
Yeah I know! That was just ugh!! lol. "I don't care about him" that sucked.
Martel
QUOTE(ymsg @ Apr 24 2005, 04:03 PM)
[snapback]160117[/snapback]

I know! I was almost crying cause Ed sounded so sad. It depressed me greatly lol. But then Al was like "I could never hate you!" and gets the sudden confidence.

Speaking of that did anyone else think that the fight scene with Al and Scar against the renegade military guys at the entrance to the sewer was really awsome? It's like I've seen Al fight before but he's really really good! I mean for being a suit of armor he's a very good fighter. I can see why Ed has never been able to beat him!
CursedAnubis
Here are some screenies I took of this episode
When I rewatched the episode, I noticed that Scar was abosorbing lightning, pretty cool biggrin.gif Wow, Al can really kick butt, huh?

As you might be able to tell from the shots I took, I found the battles to be more visually intersting then the talking portions rolleyes.gif
QUOTE(_alchemist @ Apr 24 2005, 12:12 AM)
YES! they're ending at Ep 26 which means that we can at least we will be able to see the NEW OPENING: UNDO and the new ending: MOTHERLAND! but then, no more FMA 'till autumn? damn!
[snapback]159770[/snapback]

it's all right, i've already watched all the subbed episodes anyway. so they are going to stick with Ready Steady Go for the entire series?!! that's just bullshit! mad.gif I really wanted to see Rewrite.
_alchemist
Hate to break it to you alchemist, but the only opening we will be seeing for Fullmetal Alchemist through the entire run on Adult Swim is READY STEADY GO by L~Arc. And the endings are shortened as well. The READY STEADY GO thing is old news though.

Don't worry though. They will still show reruns, and the DVD's are still going to be released over the summer. So maybe you want to go back and watch some episodes to see if you missed anything and possibly build up your FMA DVD collection  .

Plus, the movie comes out in Japan in a couple of months. And the action figures are finally trickling out around the US. Very exciting time to be an FMA fan right now.

what?! no UNDO? no REWRITE?!?!?!? ugh....

as for the remaining episodes, it doesn't really bother me that they're holding it off 'till the Fall Season since i've already seen all the episodes [subbed of course].

but what the heck? no changes in the openings!? dry.gif that just sucks balls.
jarjar111
Ya alot happened in this episode.. blink.gif So will Scar be coming back later in the show? How messed up as in gore and all of that will it get later in the show? Have they tooken out any of the episodes from its Japanese counterpart?

Thanks again guys, you guys are great! smile.gif cool.gif
jarjar111
LOL^^
TheVileOne
QUOTE(_alchemist @ Apr 25 2005, 12:47 AM)
what?! no UNDO? no REWRITE?!?!?!? ugh....

as for the remaining episodes, it doesn't really bother me that they're holding it off 'till the Fall Season since i've already seen all the episodes [subbed of course].

but what the heck? no changes in the openings!?  dry.gif that just sucks balls.
[snapback]160240[/snapback]

All the original openings or on the DVD's. I say its better than nothing because some shows on Adult Swim don't even have their openings at all.

QUOTE(jarjar111)
Ya alot happened in this episode..  So will Scar be coming back later in the show? How messed up as in gore and all of that will it get later in the show? Have they tooken out any of the episodes from its Japanese counterpart?

Thanks again guys, you guys are great! 

No. They are going to air all 51 episodes. They aren't taking any out.

And as I said earlier, WE HAVE NOT SEEN THE LAST OF SCAR. Scar is numero uno on the military's hit list, the military is not going to let him go away that easily. Finding him is a top priority.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.