Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gluttony, My Opinion On Him
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > FMA Character Discussions
dragonflame327
I started reading the manga over again and am currently on #6: The Right Hand of Destruction. Does anyone else agree that Gluttony's cute in a childish way?

I mean come on:

http://groups.msn.com/FullMetalAlchemist/c...to&PhotoID=3093

and

http://groups.msn.com/FullMetalAlchemist/c...to&PhotoID=3098

Gluttony: Lots of people going to die again?

Lust: Yeah. Alot will die.

Gluttony: Can I eat all of the dead people?

Lust: No, you may not.

And then two pages later: "Can I eat him?"

http://groups.msn.com/FullMetalAlchemist/c...to&PhotoID=3104

I mean, the text itself sounds a little...freaky, but combined with the pictures it's cute.

That...and I love the look Envy gives him in the second panel of the last link. XD
Kyo_Umerio
QUOTE(dragonflame327 @ Apr 19 2005, 08:18 PM)
I started reading the manga over again and am currently on #6: The Right Hand of Destruction. Does anyone else agree that Gluttony's cute in a childish way?

I mean come on:

http://groups.msn.com/FullMetalAlchemist/c...to&PhotoID=3093

and

http://groups.msn.com/FullMetalAlchemist/c...to&PhotoID=3098

Gluttony: Lots of people going to die again?

Lust: Yeah. Alot will die.

Gluttony: Can I eat all of the dead people?

Lust: No, you may not.

And then two pages later: "Can I eat him?"

http://groups.msn.com/FullMetalAlchemist/c...to&PhotoID=3104

I mean, the text itself sounds a little...freaky, but combined with the pictures it's cute.

That...and I love the look Envy gives him in the second panel of the last link. XD
[snapback]156733[/snapback]

he's got that slightly reatarded... Majin Buu thing going to him i guess...
mustangs_grl25
I laughed at that one in the last link.I can give that look most of the time.my nickname is envy because I look like her.the hair and everything just mae them shut up for once.and yeah he does have that child like apperance. tongue.gif
Ciella
Yeah, I an definately see that. As long as he's not eating anyways. [spoiler] I especially think it's cute when Lust dies and he's all sad about it [/spoiler] but yeah, cute unless he's in a psycho killing frensy. smile.gif
Kyo_Umerio
QUOTE(Ciella @ Apr 19 2005, 10:37 PM)
Yeah, I  an definately see that. As long as he's not eating anyways. [spoiler] I especially think it's cute when Lust dies and he's all sad about it [/spoiler] but yeah, cute unless he's in a psycho killing frensy. smile.gif
[snapback]156831[/snapback]

*nods* i felt bad for him... [spoiler] cause then he has no one to follow anymore... poor gluttony[/spoiler] i think its funny when he eats. its very entertaining.
Suzuran
Gluttony is AWESOME. I am his fangirl. I am a Gluttony fangirl. <3
AA battery
I do think Gluttony is the cutest sin xD *altho manga Envy is pretty cute too biggrin.gif wayyy better than anime Envy*
Umeko
Gluttony is totally my favorite homunculus. <3<3<3 So much love for him~~!! :D
Kyo_Umerio
QUOTE(Umeko @ Apr 20 2005, 08:23 AM)
Gluttony is totally my favorite homunculus. <3<3<3 So much love for him~~!! biggrin.gif
[snapback]156930[/snapback]

he''s my favorite after Greed cause greed is just kewl happy.gif
Kinbari-chan
my nickname is envy because I look like her

Envy's not a her...Envy's a HE just to clarify that for you mustangs_grl25.

Anyway I love gluttony...he made me laugh in the manga and I love him in the anime as well! He seems simple-minded and dumb sometimes, but I think that just addes to his character.
Senefen
O.o.... uh. Kinda like the Way Pooh beah is cute?
<- does not like Pooh bear.

he's got that slightly reatarded... Majin Buu thing going to him i guess...
I agree, though I wasnt that keen on Buu either. Dont get me wrong Gluttony is a good character, but that doesnt mean I have to like him.
foolmetal alchemist
Gluttony is the most hilarious homunculus!! He rocks!! laugh.gif
Kyo_Umerio
QUOTE(foolmetal alchemist @ Apr 21 2005, 02:04 PM)
Gluttony is the most hilarious homunculus!! He rocks!! laugh.gif
[snapback]157900[/snapback]

i dunno about that.. Greed is rather entertaining too happy.gif
foolmetal alchemist
Greed is cool too! But I like Gluttony's facial expression.
Kyo_Umerio
QUOTE(foolmetal alchemist @ Apr 21 2005, 06:26 PM)
Greed is cool too! But I like Gluttony's facial expression.
[snapback]158126[/snapback]

XD!!! my favorite one is simply him with his tongue hanging out the side of his mouth... soo cute happy.gif
AA battery
My fav is actually when he was biting Ed because he was worried about Lust... and then when he sits down and cries... aww sad.gif
Umeko
QUOTE(Kinbari-chan @ Apr 20 2005, 11:37 PM)

[snapback]157471[/snapback]

ACTUALLY, manga!Envy doesn't know if he's male or female. XD I'm dead serious.
Koneko_chan
I forgot. Who made Gluttony? (in the anime)
QUOTE(Koneko_chan @ Apr 22 2005, 05:45 PM)
I forgot. Who made Gluttony? (in the anime)
[snapback]158849[/snapback]

Why don't you ask in the anime board, after all this is the manga board. dry.gif
Kyo_Umerio
lol poor envy... he isn't sure if he is a guy or a girl.... well.. either way he appears to be ill-equiped XD!!!!
foolmetal alchemist
Yeah, both ways.
Kyo_Umerio
QUOTE(foolmetal alchemist @ Apr 22 2005, 09:31 PM)
Yeah, both ways.
[snapback]158968[/snapback]

yea i just said that... ~_~ so how many people has Gluttony actually eaten in the Manga?
Senefen
Ramdom civilions or "Real" people?
He ate quite a few in Lior.
Sensenic
QUOTE(Umeko @ Apr 23 2005, 01:21 AM)

[snapback]158827[/snapback]

Really? Where's that info from? Some Perfect Guide or such?

OnTopic EDIT: Well, do I have to say anything? Just look at my av and sig. He's so innocent, so cute... aww...
kyb
QUOTE(Sensenic @ Apr 23 2005, 03:33 PM)
QUOTE(Umeko @ Apr 23 2005, 01:21 AM)

[snapback]158827[/snapback]

OnTopic EDIT: Well, do I have to say anything? Just look at my av and sig. He's so innocent, so cute... aww...
[snapback]159345[/snapback]

I cannot agree more except for the cute part thats just a bit freaky
Umeko
QUOTE(Sensenic @ Apr 23 2005, 04:33 PM)

It's from Hagaren Kenkyuusho DX, the manga fanbook. There are sections where the characters (and Arakawa-sensei) answer questions sent in by fans. And the first question in Envy's question file is:

Q: Envy wa otoko deshou ka, onna deshou ka? Oshiete kudasai. ["Is Envy a man or a woman? Please tell me."]
Envy: Saa nee. [Roughly, "Dunno."]

And so loosely tie this back into the original topic, here's the last question in the section, which was actually answered by Gluttony:

Q: Envy wa itsumo anna kakkou o shiteiru kedo, samukunain desuka? ["Envy is always in that costume, but doesn't he get cold?"]
Gluttony: Aa miete jitsu wa taishibou ga ooin janai no ka naa. ["Ahh, it looks like that, but maybe he has a lot of body fat."]
Envy: ......a? ["......Ah?" (He looks really evil/angry here.)]

(And thank you Cynthia/CSakuraS for clearing up some confusion with Gluttony's answer. -_-;;)
Kyo_Umerio
QUOTE(Umeko @ Apr 23 2005, 07:30 PM)
QUOTE(Sensenic @ Apr 23 2005, 04:33 PM)

It's from Hagaren Kenkyuusho DX, the manga fanbook. There are sections where the characters (and Arakawa-sensei) answer questions sent in by fans. And the first question in Envy's question file is:

Q: Envy wa otoko deshou ka, onna deshou ka? Oshiete kudasai. ["Is Envy a man or a woman? Please tell me."]
Envy: Saa nee. [Roughly, "Dunno."]

And so loosely tie this back into the original topic, here's the last question in the section, which was actually answered by Gluttony:

Q: Envy wa itsumo anna kakkou o shiteiru kedo, samukunain desuka? ["Envy is always in that costume, but doesn't he get cold?"]
Gluttony: Aa miete jitsu wa taishibou ga ooin janai no ka naa. ["Ahh, it looks like that, but maybe he has a lot of body fat."]
Envy: ......a? ["......Ah?" (He looks really evil/angry here.)]

(And thank you Cynthia/CSakuraS for clearing up some confusion with Gluttony's answer. sleep.gif;;)
[snapback]159556[/snapback]

XD!!!!! Envy hides all his fat in his hair XD!!! where as gluttony.... doesn't... lmfao
foolmetal alchemist
I thought they said something like that in the manga too. Wasn't it when Envy first showed up in Lior?
AA battery
hahah xD I love Gluttony's answer! *watches Gluttony's cuteness meter goes up*
Tobu Ishi
Gluttony is creepy as heck. This is largely because he speaks like a demented little child, despite having the appearance of a squat and deformed man. He has his sympathetic moments, and I suppose there's no accounting for other people's taste (no pun intended), but I really don't see where you're getting "cute" out of a slavering dead-eyed creature who devours humans alive.

(Then again, Envy has a huge fangirl base drooling over his scrawny palm-tree looks despite the fact that those same fangirls often weep copiously over Hughes being dead, so I guess logic isn't a big factor in deciding who to get all atwitter over.)
AA battery
someone is feeling a bit overly sarcastic at the moment eh? xD

anime/manga fandom is somewhere where we can throw away our logic and have fun~
Tobu Ishi
*shrugs* Just stating my opinion on Gluttony. Is this the wrong thread for that? I'm not meaning to start a fight, just trying to get a varied opinon in there.

If there was no sarcasm in this world, it would be a bland place. happy.gif I didn't mean anything by that, it's just an interesting dichotomy that I noticed.
|FullMetal|
Gluttony's okay...I think I like either Greed, Sloth, or Rage (the little boy, I forgot his name)
Chagan
Most of the time yes, cute.

http://www.readmanga.com/view.php?currtitl...chap=037&img=33 <-- Times like this, just plain badass.
Kyo_Umerio
QUOTE(Chagan @ Apr 30 2005, 07:17 PM)
Most of the time yes, cute.

http://www.readmanga.com/view.php?currtitl...chap=037&img=33  <-- Times like this, just plain badass.
[snapback]163986[/snapback]

thats cute in a sadistic way
foolmetal alchemist
That chapter really creeped me out.
~.:Anime_Gal:.~
Gluttony's cool, even tho he eats people...

ゥすと。。。 ゥすと わ どこ? <-- i think is stuffed up...
«°~Gluttony™~°»
My thoughts on Gluttony is this

«°~Gluttony™~°» Can I eat you all
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.