Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What Would You Name Your Children?
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > Spam Central
Pages: 1, 2, 3
alchemistgirl zero
^^ I'm just curious...what would you name your children?

son ---> Shadowmaker
daughter ---> Starbringer

If they're twins, I'd name them Kex and Keckies! ^^
hitokiri
QUOTE(alchemistgirl zero @ Apr 19 2005, 08:39 PM)
^^ I'm just curious...what would you name your children?

son ---> Shadowmaker
daughter ---> Starbringer

If they're twins, I'd name them Kex and Keckies! ^^
[snapback]156573[/snapback]

please, for the sake of all that is right, NEVER HAVE KIDS!!!
Armorprincess
I love the name Alphonse it sounds so sophisticated. I would so name my son that, or mabey Inuasha...
mongooseboi
ed and winry. good game.
xrninja
hmm. i liked the names kyle, tyler, and ryan before, but at the moment it's kai, ken, and kira (i like K names, obviously). and i have japanese names for all of them too, if i happen to marry a japanese guy. kyle -> kai or kaito (my japanese teacher named her baby kaito), tyler -> tai, ryan -> rai or raito (deathnote!), kai -> ....kai, ken -> kenji (or kenshin. ahah.), kira -> akira or just kira. tongue.gif

i've decided that my first son will be named kai, and if i have a girl next, i'll name her kira. but if i have a son next, i'll name him kira anyway. it's an arguably unisex name. biggrin.gif;;

(this is coming from a person who will probably never have a boyfriend, much less children. happy.gif;; )
Carnal Malefactor
'Winry' is a terrible name. It sounds bad coming out, and it doesn't make any sense.

If I have a son, I'm definitely naming him Ramsus. I want lots of grandkids. biggrin.gif

If it's a daughter, she shall be Layla. I just like that name.
Quistis88
Hmm, interesting. I probably have an extensive list, and I tend to like names that I've heard/seen in games/anime that I find to be quite nice. I'll post my list again later.
edsgirl
I already have a son named Skylar, so if I have a girl next i'm going to name her Skye, Amaya, Aiyanna, or Rainbow!
xrninja
i love your son's name. biggrin.gif good thing your children don't have my last name. Rainbow Sun....shudder. laugh.gif

oh yeah, i like R names too. Ray, Roy, and Ryan. smile.gif
hitokiri
so far almost every name on this list would ensure that the kid gets his ass kicked or made fun of till he cried everyday.... naming your children after fictional characters is NOT a good idea... how would you like it if you had to introduce yourself as "Hi, I'm Mugen Jones...."? yeah that kid's never gonna get any ass....
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(xrninja @ Apr 20 2005, 01:11 AM)
i love your son's name. biggrin.gif good thing your children don't have my last name. Rainbow Sun....shudder. laugh.gif

oh yeah, i like R names too. Ray, Roy, and Ryan. smile.gif
[snapback]156638[/snapback]

Roman? huh.gif tongue.gif
edsgirl
Well, unfortunately my first name is Rain, so if I have a girl I though that would be kind of cute, but I would hate for her to be ridiculed in school! happy.gif
Slashrose1010
I would name my kids-

Male: Atticus *No, not because that crappy cloathing brand*, Markus Aurelius, Maximus Oedisius, Narcissist

Female: Madonna *no I don't like Madonna, just cool name*, Andria, Beatrice, Persephone, Miercoles, Kylie
hitokiri
QUOTE(Slashrose1010 @ Apr 19 2005, 09:15 PM)
Male: Atticus *No, not because that crappy cloathing brand*, Markus Aurelius, Maximus Oedisius, Narcissist

Female: Madonna *no I don't like Madonna, just cool name*, Andria, Beatrice, Persephone, Miercoles, Kylie
[snapback]156644[/snapback]

yet more names of people who would get their asses kicked on a daily basis...
Slashrose1010
@Hito: XD I know, I wouldn't really name them that, they just sound awesome. I love male Greek names tongue.gif
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Slashrose1010 @ Apr 20 2005, 01:19 AM)
@Hito: XD I know, I wouldn't really name them that, they just sound awesome. I love male Greek names tongue.gif
[snapback]156648[/snapback]

Are you sure it's not just male Greeks that you love? laugh.gif
the ironflame alchemist
hito you are 100% right people in my skool get would get beat up or picked on everyday if they had a name like those
Ailuro
I like the names Michael, Ashley, Daniel, Tyler, and Katherine. So my children may be any of those. smile.gif
xrninja
QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,Apr 19 2005, 05:13 PM)
QUOTE(xrninja @ Apr 20 2005, 01:11 AM)
i love your son's name. biggrin.gif good thing your oh yeah, i like R names too. Ray, Roy, and Ryan. smile.gif
[snapback]156638[/snapback]

Roman? huh.gif tongue.gif
[snapback]156640[/snapback]

roman too. tongue.gif i don't think i'd name my kid roman though, doesn't seem to fit with an asian child. for me, it sort of evokes the thought of muscley men in togas with spears.

oh yeah, i like the name jin too, partially because my friend's name is jin and samurai champloo jin is incredibly awesome. unless i marry someone with the last name lin, though. jin lin, ugh. my friend's name is jin-ping lim and for fun we like to call him "jin pin lin" (or in my case, "jinnifer"). rolleyes.gif
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(the ironflame alchemist @ Apr 20 2005, 01:21 AM)
hito you are 100% right people in my skool get would get beat up or picked on everyday if they had a name like those
[snapback]156650[/snapback]

Aren't you black? Black people are infamous for giving their kids esoteric names, like Adalius and Erasmus.
hitokiri
QUOTE(Ailuro @ Apr 19 2005, 09:22 PM)
I like the names Michael, Ashley, Daniel, Tyler, and Katherine. So my children may be any of those. smile.gif
[snapback]156652[/snapback]

see these names wouldn't get you beat up.... well tyler would get his ass handed to him, but the rest are safe.
edsgirl
Oh no that's nothing, i went to an all black high school. I knew girls named, Y-nakki, Maylasia( actually spelled Malayshea)Quantinita, Tishira, and more I cant remember how to spell.
Slashrose1010
^Ugh, I can't stand bland, ordinary names. Where is the originality? I hate Anthony dry.gif If your name is Markus Aurelius I am sure you could kick someone's ass tongue.gif

What about some Greaser names? Soda Pop, Ponyboy, Dalley etc tongue.gif those are original XD
Quistis88
Let's see if my lists pass the test. Granted, I probably won't use most of them to name my offspring, but I added them just because I like the name:

Female Names:
Garnet
Andromeda
Constance
Celestia
Gracia
ChloŽ
Larissa
Alexandria
Alyssa
Ellyn
Kara
Lilia
Charissa
Lorelei
Valeraine

Male Names:
Karlton
Vincent
Dante
Roy
Wilhelm
Richard
Galen
James
Sylver
Phillip
Kevin
Kennyth
Spenser
Edward
the ironflame alchemist
QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,Apr 19 2005, 09:23 PM)

Aren't you black? Black people are infamous for giving their kids esoteric names, like Adalius and Erasmus.
[snapback]156655[/snapback]

yea im black but if i ever seen someone with names this extreme i would personally beat them up i have a normal name my first name is Shawn.
usually its black females who give those dum ass names that make people point fingers at all black people
hitokiri
well i don't really know about girls but here goes....

Male Names:
Karlton - unless you're carlton banks.... ASS KICKED
Vincent - OK
Dante - ASS KICKED
Roy - OK, but too 50s-ish
Wilhelm - ASS KICKED
Richard - OK
Galen - ASS KICKED
James - OK
Sylver - ASS KICKED, people will actually come to your house to kick this guys ass...
Phillip - OK
Kevin - OK
Kennyth - personally i hate all people named any variation of ken but... OK
Spenser - ASS KICKED
Edward - OK
Quistis88
So, 8/14 are relatively all right? biggrin.gif At least I hit the majority.
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(the ironflame alchemist @ Apr 20 2005, 01:34 AM)

yea im black but if i ever seen someone with names this extreme i would personally beat them up i have a normal name my first name is Shawn.
usually its black females who give those dum ass names that make people point fingers at all black people
[snapback]156672[/snapback]

Heh. I actually like some of those esoteric names. Like 'Thelonious', for example.

...but then again, he was one of my favorite jazz men.
edsgirl
QUOTE(hitokiri @ Apr 19 2005, 08:35 PM)
Sylver - ASS KICKED, people will actually come to your house to kick this guys ass...

I'm actually still laughing at that one. tongue.gif Future metrosexual for sure.
Quistis88
QUOTE(edsgirl @ Apr 19 2005, 07:40 PM)
I'm actually still laughing at that one.  tongue.gif Future metrosexual for sure.

Definitely. laugh.gif Saw it somewhere once and I couldn't resist putting it down. Never going to use it though, as it just looks funny, even to me.
Slashrose1010
Guy name: Amelda XD How about Alastor? lol

I hate the following names: Anthony, Harry, Michael, Pat, Matthew, Michelle, Maria, Olga, Brittany, Anne *Sorry Cafe sad.gif But it isn't original at all XD*, William, Joseph, Racheal... that is all for now.
hitokiri
QUOTE(Slashrose1010 @ Apr 19 2005, 09:41 PM)
Guy name: Amelda XD How about Alastor? lol

I hate the following names: Anthony, Harry, Michael, Pat, Matthew, Michelle, Maria, Olga, Brittany, Anne *Sorry Cafe sad.gif But it isn't original at all XD*, William, Joseph, Racheal... that is all for now.
[snapback]156687[/snapback]

ok let me explain something to you....

original = good for you

but.....

original = gets your child a daily beatdown
Ailuro
QUOTE(hitokiri @ Apr 19 2005, 05:24 PM)
QUOTE(Ailuro @ Apr 19 2005, 09:22 PM)
[snapback]156652[/snapback]

see these names wouldn't get you beat up.... well tyler would get his ass handed to him, but the rest are safe.
[snapback]156657[/snapback]

Why Tyler?

QUOTE(Quistis88 @ Apr 19 2005, 05:27 PM)
Let's see if my lists pass the test.† Granted, I probably won't use most of them to name my offspring, but I added them just because I like the name:

Female Names:
Garnet
Andromeda
Constance
Celestia
Gracia
ChloŽ
Larissa
Alexandria
Alyssa
Ellyn
Kara
Lilia
Charissa
Lorelei
Valeraine
[snapback]156661[/snapback]

Haha, I just liked seeing my name in there. tongue.gif
the ironflame alchemist
QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,Apr 19 2005, 09:38 PM)
QUOTE(the ironflame alchemist @ Apr 20 2005, 01:34 AM)

[snapback]156672[/snapback]

Heh. I actually like some of those esoteric names. Like 'Thelonious', for example.

...but then again, he was one of my favorite jazz men.
[snapback]156680[/snapback]

its not like i dislike all of those names, i do like some of them but most are names that will get your child beat up at school for sure

yea, umm... every single person that i have seen named tyler has been gay or been picked on
Slashrose1010
@hara-kiri: Teme. Have you forgotten your angry asian roots already? My kids will be able to kick ass with asian fists of fury. Seriously, self-defense classes. Why not? Someone pick on you the n whoop them. Besides, name doesn't matter. I knew people with odd names and they were OK. That is just something they show you on TV.
Carnal Malefactor
Giving your kids 'safe' names is cowardice. You need to give your kid a name that you want him or her to live up to.
Quistis88
QUOTE(Slashrose1010 @ Apr 19 2005, 07:49 PM)
Someone pick on you the n whoop them.

You'll be hearing from your children's teachers. If they get kicked out of schools for their violent ways or something, they'll never get proper education. biggrin.gif
Slashrose1010
Self defense doesn't nessessarilly involve injuring the other person, love. You can simply restrain/strangle hold or something.
Quistis88
You never know when the kids will get carried away.
hitokiri
QUOTE(Ailuro @ Apr 19 2005, 09:48 PM)
Why Tyler?
[snapback]156698[/snapback]

because tyler is a pussy name...

QUOTE(Slashrose1010 @ Apr 19 2005, 09:49 PM)
@hara-kiri: Teme. Have you forgotten your angry asian roots already? My kids will be able to kick ass with asian fists of fury. Seriously, self-defense classes. Why not? Someone pick on you the n whoop them. Besides, name doesn't matter. I knew people with odd names and they were OK. That is just something they show you on TV.
[snapback]156700[/snapback]

you can't beat up more than 3 people at once unless you have a level of martial arts training that a person thats not at least 20 can attain... and yes kids beat up kids with weird names... especially kids with the fruity ass names you came up with... hell they were so fruity, i would even have to find that kid and kick his ass....
Slashrose1010
Bah, Ancient Greek names are far from fruity. Modern names suck to your ass-mar *sorry Kara, still didn't read the book XD*. What is this? Blood and Cryps? I don't know about where you live Hito, but round these parts we may have wiggers but they are all p*ssies. Unless you are either ghetto or a wasp you shouldn't get mugged because something as trivial as your name. Besides, won't my kids have any friends biggrin.gif lol, I was actually planning to tell the people I met in high shcool my name was something Japanese, but the damn role call ruined it -___-; I love original names and if my kids are conformists then they shall be disowned and fed to the wolves.
edsgirl
QUOTE(hitokiri @ Apr 19 2005, 08:55 PM)
QUOTE(Ailuro @ Apr 19 2005, 09:48 PM)
Why Tyler?
[snapback]156698[/snapback]

because tyler is a pussy name...

QUOTE(Slashrose1010 @ Apr 19 2005, 09:49 PM)
[snapback]156700[/snapback]

you can't beat up more than 3 people at once unless you have a level of martial arts training that a person thats not at least 20 can attain... and yes kids beat up kids with weird names... especially kids with the fruity ass names you came up with... hell they were so fruity, i would even have to find that kid and kick his ass....
[snapback]156705[/snapback]

It does ring some truth, I got jumped a couple of times because of my dumbass name, but it wasn't because they thought it was weird. They thought it was pretty and they thought I thought I was all that. So they decided I should be pummeled for it. Go figure. It probably didn't help that I called them all bishes and flipped them off, but I felt tough that day. sad.gif
Quistis88
QUOTE(Slashrose1010 @ Apr 19 2005, 08:00 PM)
I don't know about where you live Hito, but round these parts we may have wiggers but they are all p*ssies. Unless you are either ghetto or a wasp you shouldn't get mugged because something as trivial as your name.

How do you know you won't be moving from where you are? If you plan to stay in a place full off pansies for the rest of your life, then . . . well, I have nothing to say.
Ailuro
What's your name, Edsgirl?

Heh, I've been teased because of my name before. It's not uncommon to be picked on because of something that trivial. Children can be cruel. happy.gif
Quistis88
I never got picked on for my names (the Chinese and English). Heck, the government doesn't even know my English name. I'm registered under my Chinese name, apparently.
edsgirl
My english name is Rainy Twohearts, my Indian name is even more fu**ed up.
Slashrose1010
@Connie: lol, you call being civilized panies biggrin.gif Wow, never expected that to come out of your mouth. So you would jump someone just because their name is strange... So basically you are like a racist but against names? I didn't know we had nomial superiority complexes in these forums. *tsk tsk*
Ailuro
QUOTE(edsgirl @ Apr 19 2005, 06:07 PM)
[snapback]156721[/snapback]

That's such an awesome name. XD

Much better than mine. Most can't even pronounce it.
Quistis88
QUOTE(Slashrose1010 @ Apr 19 2005, 08:07 PM)
@Connie: lol, you call being civilized panies biggrin.gif Wow, never expected that to come out of your mouth. So you would jump someone just because their name is strange... So basically you are like a racist but against names? I didn't know we had nomial superiority complexes in these forums. *tsk tsk*

No, I did not say that civilized people are pansies. biggrin.gif I quite like civilized people. I just assumed the people you mentioned were pansies because of the way you described them ("we may have wiggers but they are all p*ssies"). I'd never jump someone if they had a strange name. I don't waste my time doing that sort of thing.
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Ailuro @ Apr 20 2005, 02:09 AM)
QUOTE(edsgirl @ Apr 19 2005, 06:07 PM)
[snapback]156721[/snapback]

That's such an awesome name. XD

Much better than mine. Most can't even pronounce it.
[snapback]156723[/snapback]

See, Rainy? What did I tell you? biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.