Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Movie :: ! Mystery Solved? !
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1) > FMA Conqueror of Shambala Movie
MSqre
After watching FMA millions of times (Including trailers) , I suddenly realised or have deduced that Elric koudai will be together at the end of the movie.

-The hint is in the trailer removed from the official haganeno movie site :
"The day of the two's promise, the world will move."

If the trailer says this, it's means that the promise made by both the brothers will be fulfilled. You can't say that the promise will not be fulfilled, if not why BONES studio put this statement in the trailer?

-Another hint is in the last part of episode 51:
Aru: "We will meet again, Onisan."
Edo: " We will meet again, Aru."

Deduction: Promise made by both was to meet together.

So this means they will definately meet in the movie!!! smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

Besides, BONES cant possibly upset a few million fans, can they? tongue.gif

*Note: Dont kill me if they don't meet up in the movie*
Zarpia
Why can we just waith for the movie?

and MSqre, glad you have a conclution
Chiyo
I suppose there is that pic of them together, that may hint something. rolleyes.gif
Kaskas
I really think they wont meet for long, something will happen, like in the end of the anime, something will ruin all.
Syn
Oh yeah, I'm positive they'll be reunited. If the movie just ended as it began, with the two of them still apart and little else accomplished, it would kind of defeat the point of the whole movie and it wouldn't be satisfying at all. (: There's no way Ed would completely give in and decide to just stick it out in the alternate world for the rest of his life. There wouldn't need to be a movie for that, after all. The whole "cliffhanger" of the show was that they're apart now and want to be reunited, meaning the movie needs to resolve that.

I do agree with Kaskas, though; FMA isn't the type of show to settle for your typical happy ending. Something will need to go wrong, although it may not separate Ed and Al again. That's pretty difficult to speculate on since we really don't know all that much about the movie yet. They might have a happier ending, whereas some other significant characters may not, to balance it out. (:

.. Sure, we *could* just wait for the movie, but that's still well over three months away, and who knows when there'll be an available fansub? (: Might as well talk the subject to death now while we wait. ŽD
Kamaqt99
It seemed to me that they left the last episode kind of open-ended so that they could make the movie to reunite the brothers. I also agree with Syn that it would defeat the point if they still remained apart after the movie... unless someone gets greedy and want's to drag the show on for longer. I'm sure we all would apreciate some closure.
Edo-mame
QUOTE(Syn @ Apr 18 2005, 04:28 PM)
I do agree with Kaskas, though; FMA isn't the type of show to settle for your typical happy ending. Something will need to go wrong, although it may not separate Ed and Al again. That's pretty difficult to speculate on since we really don't know all that much about the movie yet. They might have a happier ending, whereas some other significant characters may not, to balance it out. (:

[snapback]155586[/snapback]

Now, I'm worried about Roy... hes fighting in the front lines and being such an important supporting character, they could off him to make a less-than-happy ending... But for some wishful thinking, in FMA they are always going on about how people achieve things through endurance and effort. The brothers have obviously spent a lot of time and effort to get back to each other(or at least they should have) and like Al, I believe that their hard work will pay off in the end. Same for Roy, for most of his years in the military hes been working hard to be fuhrer(though he looks lazy most of the time) and now that he for some reason swtiched to be in the front lines there must be something he will gain from all of it. And he did lose somehting in the end so its only fair that toukakoukan give something back tongue.gif
Syn
Hah, yeah, I've had some Roy-concerns since I read the most recent magazine scans. It seems rather uncharacteristic of him.. But on the bright side it means he'll probably have a fairly sizeable role in the movie, so hopefully he'll work things out somehow. I always did want him to be Fuhrer.. He seems like the perfect candidate.
Otoki Tomoe
I'm assuming that all reading this thread have seen the series through and through, but just in case: SPOILERS AHEAD.

Roy is probably feeling very guilty right about now. What I mean is, he probably shoulders the blame for a lot of things--for the deaths, pain, and disappearances of those closest to him (Hughes, Al, and Edward specifically). So essentially, he's lost his best friend and a son (or little brother if you prefer). As much as he picked on Ed, he did care greatly for the boy (obviously, else he wouldn't have given Ed so many chances, or so much freedom to continue his path, or protected him so fiercely).

It's interesting that he demoted himself after killing the Fuhrer. It's no secret that footsoldiers stare death in the face every day during a war, so for him to take that rank makes me believe that he wants to die. He did almost commit suicide a couple of times in the series. Considering the general mood of the series, a sad ending for Roy wouldn't surprise me in the movie. But I hope he gets at least a semi-happy ending because damn... I totally depressed myself by writing that. >.<

And the Elric brothers have to get back together! They must! If they don't find each other again, fangirls all around the globe will show up at BONES' studio with torches and swords in hand.
terroja
I never found the series to have a very sad ending. I always believed that their reunion was inevitable.
Electrastar
QUOTE(Otoki Tomoe @ Apr 19 2005, 08:24 AM)
I'm assuming that all reading this thread have seen the series through and through, but just in case: SPOILERS AHEAD.

Roy is probably feeling very guilty right about now. What I mean is, he probably shoulders the blame for a lot of things--for the deaths, pain, and disappearances of those closest to him (Hughes, Al, and Edward specifically). So essentially, he's lost his best friend and a son (or little brother if you prefer). As much as he picked on Ed, he did care greatly for the boy (obviously, else he wouldn't have given Ed so many chances, or so much freedom to continue his path, or protected him so fiercely).

It's interesting that he demoted himself after killing the Fuhrer. It's no secret that footsoldiers stare death in the face every day during a war, so for him to take that rank makes me believe that he wants to die. He did almost commit suicide a couple of times in the series. Considering the general mood of the series, a sad ending for Roy wouldn't surprise me in the movie. But I hope he gets at least a semi-happy ending because damn... I totally depressed myself by writing that. >.<

And the Elric brothers have to get back together! They must! If they don't find each other again, fangirls all around the globe will show up at BONES' studio with torches and swords in hand.
[snapback]156137[/snapback]

I don't think Roy will have a sad ending. I don't think he wants to die either. There's just no point for him to have so much power in the military anymore since most of it has been transfered to the politicians. It's weird to see, but as a soldier, he can do much more good than if he had just remained a Colonel. I understand why he's sad about losing his best friend, but I just don't understand why he would blame himself for the dissaperance of Edward. It wasn't his fault. He must think that he shouldn't have let him go the last time they met....But still, Roy also deserves to find some happiness in the movie, some sort of attonment and closure. I just love his sense of humor in the anime so I don't want him to turn into an angsty dark and depressed character, the world of anime has enough of those already.

As for the Elrics, I am still a fan that speculates that they will not find each other again. The theme of the movie is relationship and love, so I'm guessing that Ed and Al will have to learn to live appart from each other and have a deeper bond even because of that. I wouldn't be surprised if they made a second movie, but yeah, some sort of closure would be nice.
WishfulThinking
I'm almost positive that they'll meet again, but yeah, something bad has to happen. Um...not sure if this is a *spoiler* but...

In the trailer, we see Al in his armor again...maybe he sacrifices his body to bring Ed back to his world and get's stuck in that state? That would really stink...their entire journey would be a waste.... dry.gif
AA battery
As much as I love angst... I still want the Elric brothers to reunite (cliche, but they have to ;_;... ) really, if they are not reuniting in the movie... hell, I don't see a point in having the movie then. (I rather see Al stuck in armor then both of them being separated)
Edo-mame
QUOTE(Electrastar @ Apr 21 2005, 07:31 AM)
As for the Elrics, I am still a fan that speculates that they will not find each other again. The theme of the movie is relationship and love, so I'm guessing that Ed and Al will have to learn to live appart from each other and have a deeper bond even because of that. I wouldn't be surprised if they made a second movie, but yeah, some sort of closure would be nice.
[snapback]157707[/snapback]

While they may have a deeper bond from being separated, that would prove useless if they don't ever reunite. Not to mention that their bond before the end was greater than when they were kids so it doesn't help much to deepen their bond if Al forgot everything. And usually if you are separated from someone for that long, it is less likely that you will remember them as well and they might become less important to you. Al was a 10 year old (mind and body) when the anime ended and he only remembers the childhood they shared, and like Edo said before, as time goes by you forget some stuff to make room for new memories. That might happen to Al since he doesn't have much memory of Edo after what happened. I don't really want to see another depressing ending for FMA after watching the anime so I really hope that everything turns out well and not just for the Elric brothers but everybody else as well.
Hagane no Renzy
Ofcourse, for those fans who will kill themselves to reunite the brothers, there is GREAT hope in a certain picture posted up showing the brothers conversing with eachother on the grass in the 'movie trailer' thread. wink.gif (Along with many other magazine pics)
Red Shadow
I just wonder what happened with Roy and Riza. She didn't follow him, and that kinda bugs me. Don't get me wrong, she's one of my favorite characters, but she promised to follow him. Maybe Roy purposely left her behind?
Defade
I have got some endings in my mind right now...
1:They reunite and live in Amestris( plz let that happen!)
2: They reunite and live in Munich( well...don't)
3:They both die. ( nonononononononononono)
4: Al sacrifices to bring Ed back to Amestris ( never, no)
5: Ed dies somehow while trying to get back to Amestris( no..don't...never..or I will kill you BONES)
6: Roy sacrifices in order to bring Ed back( erm...still no)
7: Roy lives on and gets married with Riza while the two brothers reunite again in Amestris! ( perfect!)
8: They live on and never reunite ( die, BONES)
Really, if BONES chose ANY of the bad endings, something ike this will happen:
News Reporter: Good evening, welcome to BNN news. Today, the BONES company at Japan was found on fire. The source was unknown. But some said that they spotted a bunch of teenagers carrying some signs, swords, torches, guns and lots of other destroying equipments last night near the BONES company. The firemen found metal signs that said "FUCK U BONES" " JUST DIE" "BRING THEM BACK" etc. It's still a mystery of why those suspects would set it on fire.
Also, the BONES's computer got a SX-7592 virus attack too, source still unknown, police officers are trying desperately to search.
Fullmetal Fangirl
Nice, Defade ^^

Lets see...if any of the following happen, i will kill myself:

1. Al dies (poor, poor kiddo)
2. Ed dies (well duh!)
3. Roy dies (**** you BONES if you even DARE touch him!!)
4. Riza dies (nuuuuu! please dont! please please please!)
5. there is no Royai fluff (like...THERE HAS TO BE!!)
6. Ed and Al dont see each other at all during the movie (its called surprise endings..)
7. Amestris blows up (<< randomness)
8. Munich blows up (how does Munich blow up...somebody tell me)
9. Envy comes through the gate to kill teh people! T3h Ph34r!
10. Roy or Riza sacrifice each other for one another (you know id LUV to see that, but that means one of thems dead...)
11. Same thing only to Ed and Al (nuuuuuuuu!)

12. ARCHER COMES BACK SOMEHOW! (b-b-b-but!! he shot Roy!!)

like...stupid bones *kicks bones*

If the following happen, i will scream in excitment:

1. They reunite (ed and al, no duh)
2. Roy and Riza get married! Hurray!!
3. Envy dies (he needs to y'know...)
4. the white haired man dies (also hurray)
5. Winry and Ed find each other and theres some smut (i always liked anime smut)
6. Cant forget Royai smut too...LOL
7. Roy becomes Fuhrer! (yaaar! Fuhrer Mustang!)
8. Riza becomes his assistant (weee! they can be together again!)

9. EVERYONE LIVES HAPPY~~~~!

im on such a high...
Edo-mame
Well, considering how this movie was made just to reunite the brothers (so BONES planned their separating from the start... how cruel sad.gif ) I think that they WILL meet up eventually, it's just that the end conclusion will either send us home crying and disappointed, or crying and happy because of how beautiful that movie was(if you watched it in theatres). Remembering Roy's quote "nothing is perfect because the world is not perfect, but thats why it's beautiful" I don't think it will be a perfect ending, and maybe not even be a happy one but I'm sure it will tie things up and hopefully, we will get get closure.
Defade
I dun want a sad ending.......there are enough sadness in FMA to add another one to it.....but one thing is for sure, we can see Ed crazy about his height..in a special trailer when the director got interviewed:
So, can you read out a line or two that casts a strong impression?
Director: *flips through book* Hmm....where is it....
Director: *flips through the same book* Ah! Found it, WHO'RE YOU CALLING SHORT????
Director: I am here, because I am supposed to be. ( I don't quiet remember if this one is exact words, I'm just too freaked out with the short one) That's all.
Christallie Kalric
Ed and Al MUST reunite!!!!! if they don't there is no point doing the movie... Roy and Riza might be married 'cause at the end of the movie they seemed close to each other. i think winry would have a state when ed comes back( pls don't kill me ed/winry fans... i wanna ed to be mine, i say mine and mine only. muhahaha...sorry). ed will come back to Ametris. Ed will go and kill Dante.
Oinchinjey
Im sure there will be someone die in the movie,
but i dont hope for the Elric brother.

The new picture where Ed reunited with Al, i wonder
if it really Al and how they gonna go back to Amestris, that
is still a mystery ^^
MasterKris
8. Munich blows up (how does Munich blow up...somebody tell me)

This cannot work because Bones was trying to make the movie setting realistic. Of course in World War 1, Munich never blew up.
World War one may have influence on the movie, (since it is that time period).

Ed said he might go back to his world by rockets, right? Well, if that WAS true, HE WOULD BE 58 YEARS OLD WHEN THE FIRST SATELLITE IS LAUNCHED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You know, Cold War, Soviet Union's sputnik event. Poor Ed, but! Since this is NOT true, LETS CELEBRATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! laugh.gif
(but poor poor Ed thinks this is the right theory.)
Fullmetal Fangirl
@MasterKris

Helluuuu?! I was only KIDDING....sheesh...some PEOPLE!

Anyways...Why is Ed so tall?!...seriously now...hes too tall...TALLER THAN ME! *eek!* maybe taller then his friend Al Headieriky or whatever his name is...scary!

and about Al...hes in teh desert *looks around * in...a desert...dude, pic a better place to EXPLORE next time!!

and to Roy...you so stuuuuupid! you not a state renkinjutsushi and you now a private! sorry, im typing fast. and plus....wait...no thats all...

RIza! stupid stupid STUPID! *wacks on the head* go follow him! you said you would! chase him! hes getting away! *is talking about Roy by the way*
OMNI Enforcer
Yea its kinda obvious there gona meet. I kinda like our worlds Al better though, he looks cooler. I say screw the other Al lol, just jk. I hope he meets more than just Al, im sure all the others in Amestris are missing him to.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.