Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Any Parts In A Game That Miff You Off?
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Game
Pages: 1, 2
Black Rose
Right I'll go first in FF7 Tifa has a slap fight with Scarlett and I'm thinking for hells sake Tifa your a fist fighter if you going to hit her just hit her!!
I mean Aeris yes I would understand coz she doesn't use her fists but Tifa?
Quistis88
The part in FFX where Tidus is introduced up until the point where he no longer appears on screen, and no one talks about him.
edsgirl
The plot or lack thereof in FFX. I agree with Quistis, WTF? I love Yuna's character, but they failed to develop any of the other charecters with the exception of Auron. The plot just didn't make too much sense. blink.gif <--------- My expression after the game was over.
mongooseboi
the laughing scene between tidus and yuna. i dont even know if they are human after listening them "attempt" to relieve stress through sounding as retarded as they could possibly be.
hitokiri
hmmm... what game part pissed me off the most? the entire conceptual idea behind the crapfest that is a boy and his blob for nes... even as a child i wanted to stab whatever assclown came up with that idea
Quistis88
QUOTE(hitokiri @ Apr 18 2005, 11:41 PM)
hmmm... what game part pissed me off the most? the entire conceptual idea behind the crapfest that is a boy and his blob for nes... even as a child i wanted to stab whatever assclown came up with that idea

A Boy and His Blob? laugh.gif Oh, no, I'm not sure what you are referring to. Dragon Quest, perhaps? I kid.

That game was created by David Crane, apparently. I hope he's dead.
mongooseboi
hitokiri totally lost me.
Quistis88
QUOTE(mongooseboi @ Apr 18 2005, 11:49 PM)

He's talking about the game "A Boy and His Blob" for NES. I remember that one of my friends used to have a copy when he still had his NES. Apparently, the game was only good for . . . not very long.
hitokiri
QUOTE(mongooseboi @ Apr 19 2005, 01:49 AM)
[snapback]155920[/snapback]

its a stupid game where a small boy finds an alien blob and they fight crime together or some crap like that.... while he feeds the blob jellybeans... dry.gif
Quistis88
QUOTE(hitokiri @ Apr 18 2005, 11:52 PM)
its a stupid game where a small boy finds an alien blob and they fight crime together or some crap like that.... while he feeds the blob jellybeans...   dry.gif

That description reminds me of that Digimon PS1 game that my brother bought. It was so boring. The Digimon follows you around and you feed it meat, which you can get from a garden. What the heck? You can't grow meat in a garden . . .
mongooseboi
QUOTE(hitokiri @ Apr 18 2005, 10:52 PM)
QUOTE(mongooseboi @ Apr 19 2005, 01:49 AM)
[snapback]155920[/snapback]

its a stupid game where a small boy finds an alien blob and they fight crime together or some crap like that.... while he feeds the blob jellybeans... dry.gif
[snapback]155925[/snapback]

haha why would you even want to play a game like that??
hitokiri
QUOTE(mongooseboi @ Apr 19 2005, 01:55 AM)
[snapback]155928[/snapback]

from that statement i can see that you aren't old enough to remember the old days of nes, half of the titles were insane concepts...

That description reminds me of that Digimon PS1 game that my brother bought. It was so boring. The Digimon follows you around and you feed it meat, which you can get from a garden. What the heck? You can't grow meat in a garden . . .

don't knock my dream of a bratwurst bush......laugh.gif
mongooseboi
nope the oldest machine i have, and actually the only one i have, is the snes
definingmind
QUOTE(hitokiri @ Apr 18 2005, 11:00 PM)
QUOTE(mongooseboi @ Apr 19 2005, 01:55 AM)
[snapback]155928[/snapback]

from that statement i can see that you aren't old enough to remember the old days of nes, half of the titles were insane concepts...
[snapback]155933[/snapback]

Indeed they were. laugh.gif Remember Snake, Rattle and Roll?
Quistis88
QUOTE(hitokiri @ Apr 19 2005, 12:00 AM)
don't knock my dream of a bratwurst bush......laugh.gif

laugh.gif Well, if your dream ever comes true, I'll pay you to ship some to me. I want to know how they taste.

I know this thread is supposed to talk about parts in games, but another game that really annoyed me was Centipede/Millipede. I had it on GB. Surprisingly, it was an addicting game . . . for the first two hours. Now I cannot stand it.
Black Rose
I think the oldest system I have is a Mega Drive
I hated the end to MGS2. Well... not hated, but grossly dissappointed. I had high hopes for MGS2 after beating MGS. But MGS3 more than made up for it smile.gif

Tekken5 ending sequences sucked ass. I was dissappointed with all the corny humor in that game. Usually Law and Paul's are supposed to corny, along with Panda/Kuma but everyone's was corny. That miffed me off.
alchemistgirl zero
The ending of Kingdom Hearts. The ending to Legacy of Kain: Defiance. The fact that the Nightmare Before Christmas game isn't out yet. >.<**
Slashrose1010
Yes, the end of KH was pretty cheesey... but what part of that game wasn't? It still OK story I guess and the gameplay is fun... Though I know a lot of people don't like button-mashing. Anywho, another dissappointing... and kinda miffed up mission was the last story mission in GTA:SA... That mission was far too easy and Tenpenny deserved worse.
alchemistgirl zero
QUOTE(Slashrose1010 @ Apr 20 2005, 01:28 PM)
Yes, the end of KH was pretty cheesey... but what part of that game wasn't? It still OK story I guess and the gameplay is fun... Though I know a lot of people don't like button-mashing. Anywho, another dissappointing... and kinda miffed up mission was the last story mission in GTA:SA... That mission was far too easy and Tenpenny deserved worse.
[snapback]157130[/snapback]

What's embarassing about a game like kingdom hearts is the fact that you get your ass handed to you by DISNEY CHARACTERS!!! I got smacked around by Captain Hook, who can't even kill a 10-year-old fairy boy! XO Do you know what that does to your self esteem as a gamer? -.-;;;
Slashrose1010
lol, one of the most mortigying thing in that game is how bloody easy Sephiroth is once yuo try a few times and figure out his fighting patterns. Also, Ansem is just a tanned up, yellow eyed, uglier knock-off of the awesome Sephiroth -____- I am glad he got incinerated by a stupid light that was emitted from a giant cathedral door.
alchemistgirl zero
Actually, I don't think Ansem died. He just got "purified" or some crap that made him good. dry.gif
Black Rose
The ending to Legacy of Kain: Defiance.

I've just got to agree, it builds the game up and your really looking forward to the end, but I bet that ending was an idea a guy came up with in his 5 min coffee break dry.gif

Actually, I don't think Ansem died. He just got "purified" or some crap that made him good.

Yeah I think Kingdom hearts was aimed at catching a younger audiences attention so they wouldn't have something really bad happen to him
Slashrose1010
I am pretty darn surer he didn't die rolleyes.gif I said he was incinerated... which he was by Kingdom Heart's light... I have read speculation that he might be the bandaged guy in KH2 (this was awhile ago). But I don't think he would be purified -___-; what good is a converted master boss from bad to good? That would be the lamest thing to happen in video game history.
Black Rose
^ True but there are some of my friends who have played games where that has happened
Hatred, thy name is Bacon!
Final Fantasy VIII, in its entirety.

Worst storyline, worst characters, worst idea for a 'twist' [so they couldn't remember anything because of summon monsters? WHU?], that absolutely idiotic trip into outer space, the female lead who couldn't keep from getting kidnapped by EVERYONE, the she-male with the eyepatch, the stupid end part where you could only travel along the coasts. Everything about this game was absolutely retarded. It's like they took all the ideas that were rejected from all other FF games for being too stupid, slapped them together, and made a game out of it that they knew would sell because of the name and the pretty graphics.
Black Rose
^ hey I like ff8 so what if they trying out some new ideas!!!! you never know unless you try new things out!!! I notice it's normally people don't like ff8-ffx2 and those are the ones where square becomes more experimental, and I like the storyline as well maybe its not action,action,action all the time like on all the other games before it, it's a little bit more subtle but it's a new idea (yyyaaahhh go new ideas!!!) and I love new ideas which I think that's why I enjoyed ff8-ffx2 more because they are different and it's a nice change (though I enjoyed ff7 alot).
I know this post will be targeted, jumped and attacked but I don't care as this is my opinion and I want to voice it out, uuuummmm type it out!!! laugh.gif
alchemistgirl zero
"Purifying" a bad guy is often common in kid aimed games. It's bizzare.
AlphonseRules
Getting lost for seemingly hours at a time in Turok.
Black Rose
"Purifying" a bad guy is often common in kid aimed games. It's bizzare.

true, true but they wouldn't kill the baddies while the kids are watching
alchemistgirl zero
Another good example of "purifying" the bad guy would be the Sailor Moon dub/anime.
I find the manga to be very violent for some reason. O_o; They killed like everybody at the end and you get to see thier bodies turn to dust! blink.gif
Another annoying game ---> Kya: Dark Lineage
Good game. STUPID ANNOYING @!U@#(@*#!@ PUZZLES!!! I've been stuck on one puzzle for a year!
Black Rose
^ hehehehe soz your on your own there!!!
Blaze_01
I'm REALLY starting to get p!$$ed at this one section of Ghost in the Shell: SAC for PS2. I've just gotten Maj. Kusanagi into the residential building, and I'm having no luck at all trying to get past the area where you need to get her up onto this platform that's way up high (it's just past the elevator that takes you up to where I am currently stuck. Please, if anyone has gotten past this, please help.
Masamune
Universe mode in SO3. The enemies have double stats or something! Their AGL is so high, they parry my attacks two thirds of the time! I cant level up without getting Cliff or Nel killed at least once! Its just.... so... Arrrggh!!! mad.gif
shogunskey
the part of this game.......you know what astroboy games suck
Celestial Shadow
Hmm...The last battle of Xenosaga dry.gif I spent like 30 minutes beating one guy, only to be forced into the next, then a cutscene, then another battle where the final boss uses an attack that kills all of my characters at the same time. *Still hasn't finished this game* Oh, and a ton of parts in FFX, but especially the last battles. I ended up using a cheatcode because I just couldn't stand them anymore. And it took an hour even WITH the cheatcode!
Ronaldo Rodregez
The Legendary E.T. for Atari 2600.

And every LoZ water based temple.
Packy
The part in alot of Capcom games (Resident Evil, Dino Crisis...) where you find a door that you know that leads to a room of no importance, but they have to run all around the place looking for a key or whatnot... In Dino Crisis 3 they have you hunt all over the ship looking for a power control room place so you can activate one, head back about 5+ rooms, and then you realize what hides behind the door is a friggin' boss fight >_<
Carnal Malefactor
That ridiculous final escape scene in Dark Corners of the Earth. A lot of that game's parts pissed me off, but that section is just infuriating because you have to time things absolutely flawlessly to avoid being crushed by rocks just as you see daylight. mad.gif
kojirou
Part of a game? The chocobo run in FFX. Took me almost a week to pass. Why does it have to be that difficult?

I also despise the part where you have to dodge lightning.
22-250
When playing online, I hate trash talkers. And little kids. Although I'm mostly speaking from experience from Socom II.
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(22-250 @ Jul 9 2006, 09:59 PM) [snapback]420256[/snapback]

When playing online, I hate trash talkers. And little kids. Although I'm mostly speaking from experience from Socom II.

That's why I never play online anymore. I play video games to avoid human interaction, not seeking a bastardized version thereof.
kojirou
QUOTE(Void @ Jul 9 2006, 09:38 PM) [snapback]420309[/snapback]

That's why I never play online anymore. I play video games to avoid human interaction, not seeking a bastardized version thereof.

I've had some experiences with those kind of people in RF online and Ragnarok online. Pain in the a**.
They scam. They kill steal. They loot. They use bugs. They are the ones that shouldn't be playing online.
ScarMySoul
In the game Samurai Champloo Sidetracked, I play as Jin and at the point I am right now, he's fighting a woman assassin, and she kills you just about two seconds of starting the fight with her. What tickes me off is that when she knocks you on your ass, you don't get up for like 10 seconds at least and she takes the time to hit you while your down.

I just can't win lol
Dova
QUOTE(kojirou @ Jul 10 2006, 09:56 AM) [snapback]420390[/snapback]

QUOTE(Void @ Jul 9 2006, 09:38 PM) [snapback]420309[/snapback]

I've had some experiences with those kind of people in RF online and Ragnarok online. Pain in the a**.
They scam. They kill steal. They loot. They use bugs. They are the ones that shouldn't be playing online.

Bugs... Yeah...

Action Macros are the worst. They screw up the server and the macro user claims all the goods while they sleep, but Online is more adequate for my taste, because there are still some good people out there.
HalfAsian Alchemist
One of the boss fights in Legend of Dragoon, the one where you fight an "orc-ish" creature when you sneak back into the prison, couldn't beat it for a long time.

Also, since I'm currently playing Ace Combat 04, when you're dogfighting, and you lose track of where the ground is, really sucks when you have a high score and crater.
The Alchemist of Eternity
return to champions scouting ahead to kill the shamans it was toooo hard

i gave up
Blaze_01
The part in Ace Combat 5 when Chopper dies. I really enjoyed his funny radio chatter, and I lit into the guys that shot him down with a vengeance.
ScarMySoul
All throughout the Prince of Persia TTT game, if you don't time something just right, you die like a bajillion times. Good thing they usually start you back off where you were instead of at the beging and such.

sleep.gif damn game lol
Blaze_01
I hate games that start you back at the beginning if you die, and you have to try and collect all the items and such all over again.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.