Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Questiong After Seeing Ep44
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1) > Original Japanese episodes (with sub)
Pages: 1, 2
sfz
Meda if you cant post it in spanish I can try to traslate I speak spanish!

Renacimiento means renchantment

I hope Ross dosen't die. Remember back on the 5th laboratory she was the only one that could stop Ed in that uncontrolable trasmutation touching the red water. Also alongside Izumi, they both tend to look them (ed & al) as their own children.

Also didn't you guys noticed that Dante's legs are not rotten but the torso it is??
I'm glad that Dante is using Lyla's body she seem like a cool character in the beggining so I'm glad in that part.

I never thought that Lust was killed, after all she is a homunculus they don't seem to die very easily. Unlike Greed that he vomited the red stones I think that grants the Homunculus a fast recovering body.
QUOTE(sfz @ Aug 18 2004, 03:07 AM)
Also didn't you guys noticed that Dante's legs are not rotten but the torso it is??
I'm glad that Dante is using Lyla's body she seem like a cool character in the beggining so I'm glad in that part.

hm..when did it show her legs? o.@ because it looks like she is wearing black stockings on her legs, the only visible parts of her body are her hands and head from what i can see
Omakase Shimasu
Remember back on the 5th laboratory she was the only one that could stop Ed in that uncontrolable trasmutation touching the red water.

The only reason Armstrong didn't go was because he would meet the same fate as Ed. Now that wouldn't be much of a rescue, would it? tongue.gif And Brosh... well, I bet he could've if only the writers' had let him.

I think its unfair Ross gets to have so much screen time compared to Brosh. In the manga they equaled. I liked that much better... dry.gif I mean.. just look at what they made Brosh wear in ep 44, dammit.
RolfKaese
He looks like King Bradley in the manga after he arrived in dublith ^^
Meda
PEQUEÑO OFFTOPIC

Bien, entonces postearé en español la próxima vez, si no molesta, claro.
Omakase Shimasu
QUOTE(RolfKaese @ Aug 18 2004, 12:28 PM)
He looks like King Bradley in the manga after he arrived in dublith ^^

Sorry to say, but that doesn't seem like a compliment to me, even if it is the Fuhrer! laugh.gif
sfz
QUOTE(Guest @ Aug 18 2004, 04:25 AM)
QUOTE(sfz @ Aug 18 2004, 03:07 AM)

hm..when did it show her legs? o.@ because it looks like she is wearing black stockings on her legs, the only visible parts of her body are her hands and head from what i can see

here is the part that i'm talking about. you can see that her legs aren't yet fully rotten

IPB Image
Omakase Shimasu
Is her skirt really this short?? blink.gif Never noticed up 'till now. And the way she's standing... seems wrong.

Those "icicles" still look more like icicles to me instead of spikes of light.
TrueAlchemist
Omakase Shimasu
You are right.
I think animators made another mistake.
Her skirt should be longer.
I think
Vael
Yeah, I severely doubt Hohenheim actually alchemises light. Mainly because... well... light isn't a matter. And alchemy is the "science" (I use this term loosely) of changing one matter to another form of matter.

Of course, in FMA it is a bit different, but matter still must be used.

If he IS actually able to use light, just because of the philosopher's stone, or some sort of "enlightenment", I am going to be disappointed and just go throw myself into a polluted river. -.-;;
Meda
Espero que podais traducirlo. Allá voy:

La luz para los alquimistas era el gran componente del universo. Era el factor más importante, lo que lo transformaba todo, y el hecho de que hohenheim sea el administrador de la luz es un dato muy significativo. Al menos eso creo que leí en algun website.

Pero yo creo que los cristales de hielo los creó al condensar el aire con alquimia.

Respecto a lo de Dante, igual usa medias o leotardos, a saber.
sfz
QUOTE(Meda @ Aug 19 2004, 12:53 AM)
Espero que podais traducirlo. Allá voy:

La luz para los alquimistas era el gran componente del universo. Era el factor más importante, lo que lo transformaba todo, y el hecho de que hohenheim sea el administrador de la luz es un dato muy significativo. Al menos eso creo que leí en algun website.

Pero yo creo que los cristales de hielo los creó al condensar el aire con alquimia.

Respecto a lo de Dante, igual usa medias o leotardos, a saber.

translated

For alchemists the light is the greatest component in the universe. The most important fact, that trasmutes everything, and that Hohenheim might be the administrator of light is very important. At least that was what I've read on some website

But i think that the crystals of ice were created when he condensed the air with alchemy.

----my reply-------

i think that Meda has some good info here. I dont think the autor would give their father "Hohenheim of Light" for no reason, also the air condensed never ocurred to me...
QUOTE(Vael @ Aug 18 2004, 11:35 PM)
Yeah, I severely doubt Hohenheim actually alchemises light. Mainly because... well... light isn't a matter. And alchemy is the "science" (I use this term loosely) of changing one matter to another form of matter.

Of course, in FMA it is a bit different, but matter still must be used.

If he IS actually able to use light, just because of the philosopher's stone, or some sort of "enlightenment", I am going to be disappointed and just go throw myself into a polluted river. -.-;;

Actually, in physics, light exists as both particles (basis of matter) and energy waves. However I do agree that Hohenheim does not alchemise light.

To control light would mean a very high energy requirement, greater than cooling down the temperature of the surroundings to freeze water moisture into ice which is what I believe the spikes and golems are.

Not to mention that light does not appear as light blue nor are crystalline-looking (pale blue with light blue outlines). Plus the fact that if he can so-call control light, he would shoot frickin laser beams all around to vaporise everything instead of using spikes, golems and needles.
Hohenheim of Light might be a mistranslation. At Animesuki, Yebyosh thinks it is more appropriate as "the Splendid Hohenheim" since the kanji for light also means "splendid, glory, splendid object".

Also "Light" in Eastern cultures can also be used to reflect the aura of enlightenment like what Buddha exudes. It is not the light of physics.
Haroken
If he did control light I think that'd be badass.
TrueAlchemist
Guest, I think you have a good idea about Hoenheim.
I think Hoehnheim as "the Splendid Hohenheim" is much more suited Hoenheim than Hoenheim of the light. The Hikari means light, but as guest said, its main purpose is to make Hoenheim as superior being among Alchemists society.

As Haroken said, it should be boring if he controls light.
Vael
I was going by what I learned in Chemistry. I haven't taken physics. Never will. I'm too incompetent with math.
TrueAlchemist
Phsics is not bad.
It is not roket science.

Vael, if you are in highschool, Algebra based Physics might be easier if you are good with basic math(mostly algebra) than Chemistry, but for AP Physics, which is calculus based physics, is not so fun because of level of math. A person has to take Calculus before taking AP physics. Sometimes, it really drives people into madness.
laugh.gif
Vael
I hate math, with a severe and singular passion. Unfortunately, here in America, there is no such thing as easy physics. I'm not good with ANY math, except statistics, which my school won't let me take because they're nazis.
TrueAlchemist
Hmm, are you in Highschool?
I am also in U.S.

Hmm, Statistics is not bad, but you should try out higher level math class, because in college, they will force you to take some calculus classes. Some classes requires some math class before you register.
X
QUOTE(Blahblah @ Aug 18 2004, 12:41 AM)
Oh, and Shou Tucker being upside down, doesnt mean he sees everything upside down, some wierdo scientists did a study, where they gave all of the participants pairs of glasses with special lenses, which made everything appear to them as upside down, but after a week or two, their brains adjusted and inverted the image when they wore the glasses as right-side up, but when they took the glasses off after their brain had gotten used to them, the image they saw was upside down again XD   but their brains went back to normal after about a day

that's the coolest piece of information i've ever heard!
Omakase Shimasu
QUOTE(Haroken @ Aug 19 2004, 01:28 AM)
If he did control light I think that'd be badass.

Ditto. cool.gif He'd be almighty. He can beat the stuffings out of Bradley and take upposition as Fuhrer. Than he'd have to try and convince Ed to join ala Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker. -______-;; Enough of this~

And I guess Tucker's just a filler-character. One horrific filler character but nonetheless one. I mean what's the point of him still being alive anyway? blink.gif More angst because of him trying to revive Nina?

Vael I understand completely. sad.gif I don't even know the table of 7. And that's no yoke here.
Yes if only the governments worked like this. "I have killed your leader you elected democratically, i am therefor your new leader!"
Vael
The college I'm going to requires you to take only one math class, OF YOUR CHOICE. No calculus for me. I'm going to be taking Intro to Logic.

ANYWAY, back on topic. I hated Tucker, period. But I hope he's not randomly gone; that would be odd. Though, as Omakase said, he wasn't THAT integral to the storyline, but still. It would be odd if they didn't say if he died or what.

Edit: ANd, Guest, what in the HELL makes you think that the FUHRER was elected DEMOCRATICALLY? He's the leader of both the military and the country, and the military is pretty damn corrupt. Not to mention Fuhrer translates to "Supreme Leader"...
Haroken
Totalitarianism no doubt. Well, if yo ucount the Homunculi its an Oligarchy.

XD
pwx
Splendid or Light, well does it really make a difference?

Hoenheim's alchemy is clearly on some other level than the alchemy of others. I must have rewatched that scene 50 times and everytime I watch it he becomes even more brilliant.. He could always still be something divine or he could be just a damn good alchemist. Either way it's the same to me.
Omakase Shimasu
QUOTE(Haroken @ Aug 19 2004, 09:41 PM)
Totalitarianism no doubt. Well, if yo ucount the Homunculi its an Oligarchy.

XD

Totalitariari-blah-blah?

Are you "masturbating" here or is this a actual word?? tongue.gif

pwx you're avatar's plain cool cool.gif

- - - - - - - - - - - -

For anyone who doesn't know, I mean "masturbating" as in making words up without knowing the meaning. "Masturbating words into my sentences without knowing the meaning."
TrueAlchemist
Haha
smile.gif
Vael
Dirty Omakase... yes, it is a real word
Prinz_Zoisit
dirty omakase... you make me hot!!^^^^ laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
wolfi1412
Here's a link that might clear up some stuff, a thread in animesuki..

I've spent quite a time reading the posts, Envy's creator is still 'unknown' but not Dante, Dante created Greed. Gluttony was scared because well, he has a mental of a child, and then those 'icycles' almost pierced him, then so he's scared..

Envy's location, not in Rezeembool becoz, IF:
Ed: impossible, he was able to use alchemy
Al: the philosopher's stone, impossible again
Roy: no, able to use alchemy..
Winry: she have the 'skills'
Hohemheim: obviously, not..
Armstrong: no, he was able to use alchemy
Riza: could be, but she 'saluted' Ed in the end..
Havoc and gang: guess no.. obvious
Pinako: when u guys said that she knows about hughes, it's probably because she did heard it somewhere, if she was Envy, she would not stop Ed to go out from their hiding place...

so.. is it clear?? Envy is still unknown until we check out the rest of the episodes..
and about Greed's punishment, well in the manga he was boiled in some kind of thing, I guess the manga followed the bible more than the anime..

Roze's baby: some ppl in Animesuki said that it's probably for the new Greed.
Hohemheim: for your information, he did saw the Gate, he did perform a human transmutation, the possible homunculus is Envy.

phew... wat a long post
rsF
Totalitariari-blah-blah?

Are you "masturbating" here or is this a actual word?? tongue.gif

pwx you're avatar's plain cool cool.gif

- - - - - - - - - - - -

For anyone who doesn't know, I mean "masturbating" as in making words up without knowing the meaning. "Masturbating words into my sentences without knowing the meaning."

O.o

We'll discuss this on Aim later. -.-
Vael
Since when has masturbating ever meant THAT? O.o
TrueAlchemist
Thanks for the link, wolfi1412
It reminds of Resercher guy's thread.
Omakase Shimasu
QUOTE(Vael @ Aug 21 2004, 12:12 AM)
Since when has masturbating ever meant THAT? O.o

Don't you guys ever read internet bumper stickers? <___< And you call yourselves American...

But I guess I shouldn't talk "dirty" anymore, considering the new rules and all. ^___^;;
TrueAlchemist
Internet bumper stickers??
sfz
How can Pinako know about Hughes if she has been in Rizenbul all this time??

Hughes didn't have a chance for tell anyone about what he discovered except for the homunculi and as soon they found out he was killed by them. To me that is a solid base that Pinako might be Envy, alos Envy dosen't need to stay in that form he might change into another character with out us knowing it.

About Rose child being the next Greed that would be wierd, but also makes sense that the Homunculi have a hidden agenda besides wanting to be human. Maybe they need the seven to open up the Gate and release everything. That reminds me of the new intro it's starts with a city behind that to me looks like Central with a dark background maybe that's the gate already opened also as the image goes down looks to me like a gate (a modern one).
Omakase Shimasu
QUOTE(sfz @ Aug 21 2004, 03:20 PM)

Hughes didn't have a chance for tell anyone about what he discovered except for the homunculi and as soon they found out he was killed by them. To me that is a solid base that Pinako might be Envy, alos Envy dosen't need to stay in that form he might change into another character with out us knowing it.

...maybe Roy told her when Ed was asleep...? I don't think so, but... where would the real Pinako be than? (hope she doesn't die! I kinda like the old hag -- it would be a bit meaningless to kill her off too)

Internet bumper stickers??

Try searching for "bumper stickers" on google.
pwx
QUOTE(sfz @ Aug 21 2004, 03:20 PM)

I have a hard time believing Envy is Pinako.

The main arguement people seem to have is that Pinako knew too much of Hughes. I don't see how this is the case though. All she says is that she heard of him and that he knew a lot. How does this constitute as knowing too much of Hughes?

Winry probably explained why she came back home and why Scheska was with her to Pinako. I mean she wouldn't come back after all this time and leave her grandma in the dark about what she's been up to. It doesn't show that part in the anime because it's a waste of time and really doesn't help move the story along.

Hell at the beginning of Episode 43 Pinako and Winry are talking to eachother. Pinako says "What? you said you were going to Rush Valley for some sort of training" and then "And all that time you were n central?" This indicates that the were possibly relaying the events of what's been happening. Plus we don't know what kind of general chit-chat they may have been in when the focus switches to other characters.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.