Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cameo Appearances And Other Good Things You Noticed (excluding Thread Plotholes)
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1) > Original Japanese episodes (with sub)
Pages: 1, 2, 3
The RZA
in episode 23 when Winry is at the train station u can see Izumi and her husband lookin at a train schedule.
deekay
I know this is rather pointless and silly, but while watching FMA a 2nd time through i noticed a few details that i missed the first time around.

1) In Episode 6, State Qualifications Exam, the panel judging the practical test and doing the interviews composed of King Bradley and the 2 generals - Hakuro, Basque Gran (sitting). Mustang is their and there is one other person there standing who im not sure of his name (anyone know? Archer maybe?)

2) In Episode 8, Philosopher's Stone, after Ed leaves Mustang's office after handing back the silver clock and is walking down the stairs, you can see what looks like Barry the Chopper's refridgeration truck in the background briefly.

Anyone seen others?
Edo-mame
In episode 23 when Winry goes to Central to fix Edo's automail after what happened at the 5th laboratory, at the train station you can see Izumi sensei and Sig looking at the train scheduals. O_O she was already looking for Edo and Al?
NeoKakashi
QUOTE(deekay @ Apr 17 2005, 12:45 AM)
1) In Episode 6, State Qualifications Exam, the panel judging the practical test and doing the interviews composed of King Bradley and the 2 generals - Hakuro, Basque Gran (sitting).  Mustang is their and there is one other person there standing who im not sure of his name (anyone know? Archer maybe?)
[snapback]154480[/snapback]

Eh, they're supposed to be there, you know...

QUOTE(deekay @ Apr 17 2005, 12:45 AM)
2) In Episode 8, Philosopher's Stone, after Ed leaves Mustang's office after handing back the silver clock and is walking down the stairs, you can see what looks like Barry the Chopper's refridgeration truck in the background briefly.

You're right! I never saw that before!

Screenshot 1

Screenshot 2
konic vince
another one is that in episode 27 where Ed and Al's sensei find Ed and Al in the hotel, you know when Al busts through the door and says there's trouble, and Sig-san is standing right behind Al? When Ed sweat drops and runs off to the window, Izumi kicks Ed back in. I always thought that she punched him, but if you pause at the right time you can see her sandal foot o_O
hitokiri
ok now while i can't exactly remember the name of the thread, i know there is a thread just like this one.... which means, this is a dupe.
AA battery
QUOTE(Edo-mame @ Apr 17 2005, 01:40 AM)
In episode 23 when Winry goes to Central to fix Edo's automail after what happened at the 5th laboratory, at the train station you can see Izumi sensei and Sig looking at the train scheduals. O_O she was already looking for Edo and Al?
[snapback]154487[/snapback]

that... I didn't notice that when I first read the manga but I notice it right away for anime (cuz by that time I already learned who Izumi is) and then I flip back to that chapter of FMA and see that Izumi was really there! xD

another thing that I was unsure until I rewatch episode 3... at episode 42 (or 43?) Ed accidentally knocked Al into water because Al was the Stone and that's an alchemical reaction between the stone and an alchemist... I suddenly sseem to recognize that there was another time that Ed purposely knocked Al into water and believes that it was in episode 3 and checked right away... and yes, 11 yrs old Ed kicked Al into water to clear Al's head... OK that really sucks... *kicks BONES* (Arakawa-sensei didn't draw that scene in manga... why did you had to go add that into anime??? stupid.)
xfoxfirex
I saw that too!!
WhiteMike
I think i saw that too, but it doesnt really hit you until after
Greensky
I never noticed. That's awesome tongue.gif
Quistis88
Merged with "Hidden Characters" topic.
hitokiri
QUOTE(deekay @ Apr 17 2005, 03:45 AM)

you do realize that's the barry the chopper episode right? so, therefore.... its SUPPOSED to be there....
NeoKakashi
It's the same thing with Izumi being at the train station; she's supposed to be there, but you don't notice it unless you look.
xrninja
in episode 6, i noticed that gracia calls ed "edo-chan," which i completely missed the first few times i watched the episode. a very insignificant discovery, but cute nonetheless. tongue.gif
Edo-mame
Speaking of which, Al calls Edo nii-chan when he was really small and they both call their mom kaa-chan when they were really little too. But what I don't get is... the littler Slicer bro called his big bro ani-chan... isn't he a bit old to call his bro that? And for the hell of it, Edo has been refered to as Edward san, kun(actually when hes doing a Roy impression he calls himself that), sensei, sama, chan, chibi-san, and renkinjutsu-shi -san.
AA battery
o.o when was Edo referred as "sensei"? I do rememebr -sama somewhere tho...

Envy: Hagane no ochibi-chan <--- I always thought Envy sounds so cute saying that xDD;;
NeoKakashi
Doesn't Envy call him "Hagane no Chibi-san?
Toby-Chan
QUOTE(Edo-mame @ Apr 21 2005, 10:28 PM)
Speaking of which, Al calls Edo nii-chan when he was really small and they both call their mom kaa-chan when they were really little too. But what I don't get is... the littler Slicer bro called his big bro ani-chan... isn't he a bit old to call his bro that? And for the hell of it, Edo has been refered to as Edward san, kun(actually when hes doing a Roy impression he calls himself that), sensei, sama, chan, chibi-san, and renkinjutsu-shi -san.
[snapback]158288[/snapback]

And "Dono" by Broche and Ross, at least at first. I believe Yoki calls him "Renkinjutsushi Dono". At least in the manga he does. I haven't seen that episode in the anime for a while.

QUOTE(NeoKakashi @ Apr 22 2005, 12:21 PM)
Doesn't Envy call him "Hagane no Chibi-san?
[snapback]158601[/snapback]

I do believe it's "Chibi-Chan" with Lust, and "Chibi-San" with Envy.
Edo-mame
Edo was called Edward-sensei/Elric-sensei by the detective guy in episode 10 when he was asked to help catch the Psiren in that one tourist city.
Jellybean
Here's another thing I didn't notice at first (or until after I read the manga, anyway.) Hiromu Arakawa's little cow with glasses shows up in the anime a few times. It's flying around in the background when Winry and Ed are yelling about milk in the hospital, and it's being abducted by aliens in the background when Scieska (sp?) is thinking that Juliet Douglas is an alien.
xrninja
oh yeah, i made an award with that alien scene some time ago for the fma character awards thread. hora hora: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v466/xrninja/award4.gif

the cow also shows up on the valentines day picture/card, on the carton of cream. biggrin.gif
Jellybean
Oh, so it is. How cute! biggrin.gif Thanks for pointing that out; I never would have noticed it.
deekay
Also in episode 11 - Gravel Earth 1, not really important, but in the scene with Lust and Magwar, she appears wearing an plain (ugly) dress and looks like may have done something to her hair (maybe not?) probably because she is still keeping a low profile, trying to fit in.

I know its pretty obvious but i didn't see it 1st time for some reason.
NeoKakashi
I never noticed that Scar stops wearing sunglasses after Armstrong knocks them off...

>_<
Toby-Chan
Maybe I missed something, but there was a time when Greed took off his pimp vest to transform, and then in the middle of the fight, they had to dash for it because they were under attack, so he had no time to grab it back from the floor again, but after a few scenes, there he is again, pimp vest and all.
kimichaninjapan
i didnt even notice that he took off his vest... now ill haf to watch it agian! wee!
lialiakicks
Stuff like that always happens when it comes to clothes... I forgot the episode number, but Hughes' investigation department found Scar's yellow jacket, then a few episodes later, Scar has his jacket back. What the heck? O_o (Heh, I believe it was between ep. 18-21. Not sure.)

And it took me FOREVER to realize that Izumi-sensei and Sig-san where at the train station in that one episode... >_< Gah, I need to pay more attention!
Lemming_Transmuter
There was one episode--#13, I believe--Where Ed first meets Fuhrer Bradley, and behind him is Sloth. Ed kind of looks at her as if he's seen her before, then shakes it off.
Jellybean
Yeah, I feel dumb about this, but I didn't notice the resemblance between the Fuhrer's secretary (Sloth) and Ed and Al's mom until Winry actually said it. Thus, Ed's weird reaction to her didn't make sense the first time around. I thought it was something about the Fuhrer. Also, that part where Al said he heard their mother's voice and Ed was pretending not to think anything of it.
Edo-mame
Has anyone ever noticed, Izumi sensei is the only one with a Japanese name? Everybody else has English/European names... Why only her??

Also, Al and Catherine Armstrong share the same voice actor(Kugimiya Rie), as do Edo and Armstrong's mother(Paku Romi). I only noticed when I found a list of all the seiyuus for the characters and rewatched the episode (37 I think) to hear and she does sound a bit like Edo.
AA battery
QUOTE(Edo-mame @ Apr 26 2005, 12:03 AM)
Has anyone ever noticed, Izumi sensei is the only one with a Japanese name? Everybody else has English/European names... Why only her??

Also, Al and Catherine Armstrong share the same voice actor(Kugimiya Rie), as do Edo and Armstrong's mother(Paku Romi). I only noticed when I found a list of all the seiyuus for the characters and rewatched the episode (37 I think) to hear and she does sound a bit like Edo.
[snapback]161004[/snapback]

ah, that i noticed the second time watching it (on the same day) biggrin.gif cuz I was like... "wait, why are those two VA's names on there since Ed and Al weren't... *then pauses and reads katakana* AH! O____O zomg *rewatches AGAIN* " xDD
lialiakicks
Say WHAT?! NANI?! O_O Dude, I did NOT know that! That's awesome...

*rewatches ep. 37* LOL!!! happy.gif
deekay
In ep 32, Dante of the Deep, when we first see Dante she is looking at a book and then closes it and on the page is a symbol, does this have any significance - I can't say what the symbol is?
Edo-mame
You're talking about the "flamel" right? The cross with the serpent, wings and crown that Edo, Al and Izumi-sensei wears. The only time I've seen it have any significance is when it was used in a transmutation circle to make the Hom- I shoudn't say anymore.
MomoLuv
QUOTE(Edo-mame @ Apr 28 2005, 09:22 AM)
You're talking about the "flamel" right? The cross with the serpent, wings and crown that Edo, Al and Izumi-sensei wears. The only time I've seen it have any significance is when it was used in a transmutation circle to make the Hom- I shoudn't say anymore.
[snapback]162035[/snapback]

When Edo/Al first meets Dante, remember there was that symbol on the wall? And Dante said something about it being given to (great) alchemist who have earned it.
MasterKris
One of them will be Nicolas Flamel.

For the Sloth one, I thought is went like this...
(kinda embarassing...) wacko.gif

When the part where Al runs off and a flashback shows, I thought Ed was first showing the kitty to Trisha saying he wanted to keep it. After I saw Ed mysteriosly looking at Sloth, well....................................................I thought...............she was the woman who rejected the kitty. I thought Ed went around town asking people to take care of the kitty, and Sloth being one of them. And Ed remembering her so mysteriosly looking at her.............................................
..............................SO EMBARASSED!!!!!!!
Well, this kinda helped me to figure out quickly that Sloth was Trisha. When someone said Homonculus are born by failure Human Transmution, I quickly figured that Trisha was Sloth and why Ed looked at ther was because she looked like Trisha..................................................................
Jellybean
Hmm, I'm pretty sure the picture in Dante's book is the same picture that was carved into the wall of the fifth laboratory in the manga.
Le Monkey
*Looking*
Yes i think so...
*Ponders*
lialiakicks
Uh, well, in the first opening Envy's eyes are blue-green for some weird reason... O_O;;;

Aren't Envy's eyes purple...? WTH?
kimichaninjapan
this didnt happen in the actually tv show, but if you notice in the 2nd ending theme, when it shows Winry, theres a shelf where she has gotten all her alchemy gifts from ed and al.
WishfulThinking
In episode 6, I believe, when Ed first enters Tucker's library and starts reading a book, his eyes are moving the wrong way. I'm pretty sure the books written in English, but his eyes are moving from right to left. Unless he's reading backwards, his eyes should be moving from left to right. Interesting...
Edo-mame
Well, he does speak Japanese so... laugh.gif

In Tucker's profile that Roy shows Edo as they are driven to his house, it says some stuff about him and for some reason it mentions something about sciences in Britain... unless there is a Britain in FMA world BONES must have just copied and pasted some crap. In Edo's letter that he left to Roy after he left the hospital( Eps. 24) only the first couple sentences makes sense and actually has something to do with what hes requesting. The rest is some mumbo jumbo about science museums and interestingly enough, there is another mention of Britain(are they hinting at something ?!). One more happy.gif, in the document that is given to Edo along with his state alchemist's title, at first Fullmetal is spelled right but in the very next screen change, the document says "Fullmetall". Yes, I love to look at the letters and crap in FMA and pick out stupid stuff tongue.gif
lialiakicks
I've noticed that too... If they cut and pasted something in the letters/notes, they should have put a paragraph of Alchemy stuff that actually makes sense... >_<
Kamaqt99
Just speculation but I believe I saw King Bradley make a cameo appearance in episode 1. Ed and Al are in a room talking about Roze's belated boyfriend's grave; they look out the window where Roze once stood alone now Cornelo and King Bradley stand with her. Ed looks a little shocked and King Bradley looks up at them.
Azura Elric
QUOTE(Kamaqt99 @ May 20 2005, 04:24 PM)
Just speculation but I believe I saw King Bradley make a cameo appearance in episode 1. Ed and Al are in a room talking about Roze's belated boyfriend's grave; they look out the window where Roze once stood alone now Cornelo and King Bradley stand with her. Ed looks a little shocked and King Bradley looks up at them.
[snapback]175992[/snapback]

...uh I think that's Cray...
Kamaqt99
No really!! If you can do it go back and look! Doesn't that guy look like him? I know I'm whacky but I haven't reached crazy yet.
Edo-mame
No, I'm sorry I think you are crazy laugh.gif Remember Bradley has an eye patch...
Kamaqt99
QUOTE(Edo-mame @ May 20 2005, 09:33 PM)
No, I'm sorry I think you are crazy laugh.gif  Remember Bradley has an eye patch...
[snapback]176499[/snapback]

But you don't really see his whole face: it's partially in shadow. Of course my mind could just be playing tricks with my eyes sad.gif . Who do you suppose it could be? I mean, if the villiage of Lior had nothing to do with the State, then why would the leader, Cornelo, be there with someone in full army uniform? wink.gif I made the supposition because Cornelo was in cahoots with the Homunculi.
Edo-mame
QUOTE(Kamaqt99 @ May 23 2005, 11:30 AM)
QUOTE(Edo-mame @ May 20 2005, 09:33 PM)
No, I'm sorry I think you are crazy laugh.gif  Remember Bradley has an eye patch...
[snapback]176499[/snapback]

But you don't really see his whole face: it's partially in shadow. Of course my mind could just be playing tricks with my eyes sad.gif . Who do you suppose it could be? I mean, if the villiage of Lior had nothing to do with the State, then why would the leader, Cornelo, be there with someone in full army uniform? wink.gif I made the supposition because Cornelo was in cahoots with the Homunculi.
[snapback]177999[/snapback]

Yes but still, it's most likely Conero's right hand man Cray. And there was no one in the military uniform there... the military didn't step foot in Lior unitl the rebellion. Whats more is that why would Bradely be there? He is the leader of Amestris and probably has work to do in Central. And sometime soon after the Lior incident, the brass convinced him to flee Central because of Scar. How could he possibly be in Lior when he was in Central? Lust was in Lior at the time so I don't think he needed to be there either, his objective is to control the military side of Dante's plans.
In episode 13, when Edo poped his head into the office, before going to see Roy. You see Fuery cover Black Hayate's mouth, when Riza is talking to Edo, and Black Hayate is waving his paws up and down with a O_O expression.

Idk, maybe that was noticible, but not for me, my sister pointed it out.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.