Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Weirdest Anime You've Watched
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Anime
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
animejunkie429800
im just wonderin', i no this post is idiotic, but my 6th sense is telling me to put i up anyhow... so, wat is the weerdest anime u ever watched??? mine is DBZ. i just hate it! it doesnt even make any friggin sense! i dont even understand just who the 'bad guys' r!!! i hate my friend 4 hooking me up w/ this one, i mean, its totally pointless, well, to me...
Misao
Haha! FLCL! (: So weird.
Ailuro
The Law of Ueki. I have no idea what is supposed to be going on in the anime. If anyone has seen this, please explain what it's about. >>
Zarpia
Happy lesson- 5 moms? i do like the anime but is a little weird
edsgirl
Magical Shopping Arcade Abenoboshi blink.gif It was just too weird for my tastes. FLCL was a very close second.
Zarpia
Magical Shopping Arcade Abenoboshi  It was just too weird for my tastes. FLCL was a very close second.

I haven't seen that one, just the comertials, but i think that the "chiken" think explains it
Envyfan
Serial Experiments Lain is ultra weird.
fullmetal_gradstudent
Weirdest anime I didn't like: Serial Experiments Lain
Weirdest anime I did like: FLCL
TB Samurai
Excel Saga. But it's weird in a good way. There's a singing dog in the ending credits, a girl who always dies, and a bunch of other really odd stuff. If you like comedy anime, you might like it.
mongooseboi
Elfen Lied. lots of blood
telepika
Do you mean weird as in random things happen that don't make sense or weird as in the farthest thing from real life?

Azumanga Daioh is pretty weird. And Le Portrait de Petit Cossette just made no sense at all.
DonnaDelDrago
QUOTE(Ailuro @ Apr 17 2005, 05:30 AM)
The Law of Ueki. I have no idea what is supposed to be going on in the anime. If anyone has seen this, please explain what it's about. >>
[snapback]154333[/snapback]

It's the same for me. It's just too fast... or too weird.
Dragons04
Cromartie High School is very weird but it was created by TV Tokyo celebrating its 40th anniversary
Ava_Michelle
QUOTE(Misao @ Apr 16 2005, 08:15 PM)
Haha! FLCL! (: So weird.
[snapback]154328[/snapback]

But so awesome! I'd have to second that motion though.
theredguy
Uhh.... Is totally spies an anime? If not then I say that Tenchi Muyo is pretty odd. Good, but verrrrry odd....
Full Blade Alchemist
QUOTE(edsgirl @ Apr 17 2005, 12:38 AM)
Magical Shopping Arcade Abenoboshi blink.gif It was just too weird for my tastes. FLCL was a very close second.
[snapback]154385[/snapback]

I totally agree but Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi is actually kind of good.
Celestial Shadow
FLCL was pretty weird...

But Gravitation still is stranger to me at times. But really Angel Sanctuary is possibly the weirdest anime I've seen. Incest between a boy- reincarnated from a female angel who started a war against God-and his sister, and his best friend (who is male XD) being his former lover in another life, who's the incarnation of the angel he used to be's sword. blink.gif
Fresh_Coffee
QUOTE(Celestial Fangirl @ Apr 18 2005, 04:33 PM)
FLCL was pretty weird...

But Gravitation still is stranger to me at times. But really Angel Sanctuary is possibly the weirdest anime I've seen. Incest between a boy- reincarnated from a female angel who started a war against God-and his sister, and his best friend (who is male XD) being his former lover in another life, who's the incarnation of the angel he used to be's sword.  blink.gif
[snapback]155683[/snapback]

@_@ HOLY CRUD. X/1999 weirdest thing I ever saw.
Celestial Shadow
The same girl who introduced me to Angel Sanctuary introduced me to X so yeah...
telepika
I just remembered to mention King of Bandits Jing OAV. I only saw the first episode, but it was weird and beyond all reason.
Otoki Tomoe
I don't know about you guys, but Perfect Blue made me grab my head and go "Ow." Just when I thought I had the movie figured out, the director yelled "Cut!" blink.gif

Puni Puni Poemi was pretty odd, too... there's a lot of random weirdness in that series.
animejunkie429800
QUOTE(telepika @ Apr 18 2005, 02:24 AM)
Do you mean weird as in random things happen that don't make sense or weird as in the farthest thing from real life?

Azumanga Daioh is pretty weird. And Le Portrait de Petit Cossette just made no sense at all.
[snapback]155171[/snapback]

actually, i think that Azumanga Daioh is a little wierd, but hey little kids do that... i think blink.gif
Senefen
FLCL I mean WTF was up with that!? And you have to admit as cool as Evangelion was the end was just strange - esp the movies.

Excel saga and puni puni poemi made a point of being weird, they did it on purpose.

X The movie was a bit strange.
Envy's lil' miniskirt
Weird anime huh?

FLCL-I had to watch it twice to figure out what the hell was going on.

Serial Experiments Lain-Very strange mindf#$&y kind of anime.

Excel Saga-nuff said

Boogiepop Phantom-I didn't finish this series so I can't say wether I liked it or not but it was weird. Reminded me somewhat of Lain.

Paranoia Agent-From the same director that did Perfect Blue, similar feel. I've just seen the first four episodes so far but I really like what I saw.

Neon Genesis Evangelion-I consider this a bit of a weird anime. Not as weird as the aforementioned but weird none the less.
loa
well, the wierdest ive seen is FLCL. its kinda... confusing... lol
foolmetal alchemist
Ninku is the weirdest anime ever! I had no idea what was going on. One episode left me confused for a day later.
Electra
Mahoromatic was... weird... o.o
Fresh_Coffee
QUOTE(Celestial Fangirl @ Apr 18 2005, 05:29 PM)
The same girl who introduced me to Angel Sanctuary introduced me to X so yeah...
[snapback]155715[/snapback]

Ok I don't think I understand the connection or anything. XP i'm confused.
Celestial Shadow
Well, that both are weird animes...
edsgirl
QUOTE(Envy's lil' miniskirt @ Apr 21 2005, 12:07 AM)
Weird anime huh?

FLCL-I had to watch it twice to figure out what the hell was going on.

Serial Experiments Lain-Very strange mindf#$&y kind of anime.

Excel Saga-nuff said

Boogiepop Phantom-I didn't finish this series so I can't say wether I liked it or not but it was weird. Reminded me somewhat of Lain.

Paranoia Agent-From the same director that did Perfect Blue, similar feel. I've just seen the first four episodes so far but I really like what I saw.

Neon Genesis Evangelion-I consider this a bit of a weird anime. Not as weird as the aforementioned but weird none the less.
[snapback]157525[/snapback]

I agree with everything on this list! I would just add Perfect Blue and Magical Shopping Arcade Abenoboshi to round out the weird list. Although, SEL has one of the best opening themes in my opinion.

QUOTE(celestial Fangirl @ Apr 18 2005, 07:33 PM)
But Gravitation still is stranger to me at times.

The only thing I find weird about Gravi, is Shuichi's costume changes and K shooting at people. But that's why I like Gravi so much! K is just off the hook with his weaponry!
hitokiri
i'm surprised nobody mentioned one of the strangest shows of all time... final fantasy unlimited, the conceptual artist must have been on something when he thought of the design behind it...
Celestial Shadow
I love K smile.gif But I find some of the relationships strange...and Shuichi could die for all I care sleep.gif
edsgirl
QUOTE(hitokiri @ Apr 21 2005, 07:37 PM)
i'm surprised nobody mentioned one of the strangest shows of all time... final fantasy unlimited, the conceptual artist must have been on something when he thought of the design behind it...
[snapback]158145[/snapback]

I totally forgot about that show. But it didn't have anything worth remembering. I actually don't even remember what it was about. Oh well.
Envy's lil' miniskirt
QUOTE(edsgirl @ Apr 21 2005, 05:33 PM)
I agree with everything on this list! I would just add Perfect Blue and Magical Shopping Arcade Abenoboshi to round out the weird list. Although, SEL has one of the best opening themes in my opinion.
[snapback]158139[/snapback]

My friend was going on and on about MSAA saying it was very much like FLCL. I really want to check it out, I only caught part of an episode when they were showing it on G4. Is it any good?

And I agree, the Lain song is a good opening.
Jellybean
Dragon Half. Awfully cute, but it kind of made my head hurt. I wish there were more episodes.
ALlover1
FLCL...definitely WEIRD huh.gif blink.gif
edsgirl
QUOTE(Envy's lil' miniskirt @ Apr 21 2005, 08:21 PM)
QUOTE(edsgirl @ Apr 21 2005, 05:33 PM)

[snapback]158139[/snapback]

My friend was going on and on about MSAA saying it was very much like FLCL. I really want to check it out, I only caught part of an episode when they were showing it on G4. Is it any good?

And I agree, the Lain song is a good opening.
[snapback]158188[/snapback]

If you like FLCL then you will probably like MSAA too. I liked it even though it was totally insane.
Fresh_Coffee
Along of people have mentioned FLCL what's so odd about it? I haven't seen it...
Envy's lil' miniskirt
QUOTE(Fresh_Coffee @ Apr 22 2005, 12:35 PM)
Along of people have mentioned FLCL what's so odd about it? I haven't seen it...
[snapback]158607[/snapback]

You just have to see it. It must be experienced, words cannot discribe it.
Dragons04
I did watch FLCL at Adult Swim, it's corny, Gravit? yeah K tries to shoot Shiuchi into loving Yuki, corny?
fullmetal_gradstudent
QUOTE(Fresh_Coffee @ Apr 22 2005, 02:35 PM)
[snapback]158607[/snapback]

The main character has to prevent a giant iron from smoothing out his town by cooperating with a robot that sprouted out of his head...at least, I think that's what happened. You can't be too sure when it comes to FLCL.
Azura Elric
Milk-Chan and FLCL...and that Magical Shoppe thing on G4....they are really disturbing and wrong -.-
Kitty Cat
I reakon that Chobits, Mermaid Meloday (???) Pichi Pichi Pich and Full Metal Panic... I didnt even get the basic idea what Chobits was about...
GaaraFreak
Cat Soup, anyone? Most definately out there...
animejunkie429800
QUOTE(Kitty Cat @ Apr 23 2005, 03:41 AM)
I reakon that Chobits, Mermaid Meloday (???) Pichi Pichi Pich and Full Metal Panic... I didnt even get the basic idea what Chobits was about...
[snapback]159081[/snapback]

dude... Chobits is about this guy named Hideki from the country and he went to Tokyo to earn his scholarship. he soon finds out that everybody in the city has a Persooncon( is this how u spell it??? *looks confused*) well, there these robots that have animal ears and they have human characteristics.

BTW, u have to read or watch the anime/manga to understand Full Metal Panic... PS its one of my favorite shows, and NO! its not weird tongue.gif

to everybody else out there, FLCL is a wierd anime... i just read about it in the new issue of Anime Insider. Did u know that the pillows sing all the themes in the series?
Fresh_Coffee
QUOTE(Kitty Cat @ Apr 23 2005, 02:41 AM)

How are Chobits and Full metal Panic weird?

ph34r.gif FLCL, where can I get it? I live in Canada , FLCL never came here.
Electrastar
QUOTE(Fresh_Coffee @ Apr 23 2005, 10:42 AM)
QUOTE(Kitty Cat @ Apr 23 2005, 02:41 AM)

How are Chobits and Full metal Panic weird?

ph34r.gif FLCL, where can I get it? I live in Canada , FLCL never came here.
[snapback]159211[/snapback]

Huh, yeah it did. I watched it and I live in Canada. Anyway, the weirdest anime I ever saw was Lain.....Maybe it's because I was too young, but there are alot of things for that series I didn't understand...I even came up with a slogan for this series: Watching Lain hurts the brain....

Also, I thought that Boogiepop Phantom was a weird one as well. blink.gif
Lihanou
Alien nine. God that was weird.....

Second; Earth Defender Mao-chan.

Funny enough, they're both about little girls catching aliens. Only alien nine wasn't fluffy but scary sometimes. REALLY scary.....
animejunkie429800
wat the hell is alien 9??? blink.gif
Lihanou
Okay, here's the story;

Yuri is not happy with her new school-job; together with Kumi and Kasumi from the other classes, she has to catch aliens. Yes, aliens.

Once in a while (say, three days a week) an alien-spaceship lands on the school grounds. The alien-team (also known as alien party) has to catch the aliens within the ship with the help of the symbiotic alien helmets that survive by eating the waste material produced from its host body (yuck!). But unlike Kumi and Kasumi, Yuri is scared to death.

But Ms. Hisakawa (who is responsible for the girls) seems to be holding something back about those aliens. How come she knows so much about them? And why are three sixth graders the ones who have the fight the aliens?

The girls act really weird, and most of the time, you're looking at the screen with a dumb look on your face, having no clue whatsoever.
So this is definitly a spot worth in the ranking.

IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.