Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Green Day!
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Music
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
BillieJoe143
I love Green day! Do u?

"If school is practice for the future, and practice makes perfect and no one is perfect, then why practice?" -Billie joe
Right behind ya Billie!
Ok in my opinion, Billie Joe iz the sexiest man alive! And thier music is awsome.....too bad he is married and has 2 kids.
phoenix dying
mad.gif THIS SHOULD BE IN THE MUSIC THREAD! mad.gif
Carnal Malefactor
They sucked 12 years ago, and they still suck now.
Slashrose1010
QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,Apr 16 2005, 09:16 PM)
They sucked 12 years ago, and they still suck now.

Awwww, but Bacon-chon, they suck even more now happy.gif

All joking aside, I like Green Day, but my previous statement is true. They are worse now then before. Good Riddance has to be one of my fave GD songs tongue.gif

Aren't there already Green Day threads? Or did they bite the dust? *is too lazy to search*
~.:Anime_Gal:.~
well i think Greenday is a good band *especially like thier song "Boviar Of Broken Dreams"* <-- please correct me if i get Boviar wrong
Carnal Malefactor
uh... "Boviar"?

I assume you mean "Boulevard", but that is one of the wackiest misspellings I've ever seen!
Slashrose1010
She is Australian, but claims to not be Aussie... So maybe it is a freakish mistake O.O
Chiyo
Green Day, do I like them...I suppose you could say that.

American Idiot is fine, but Nimrod is still by far my favourite album. But then I really like a couple of songs off Kerplunk. Slappy Hours was more of a trial run and Tre wasn't in the band at that point. Dookie really got them noticed and blah blah blah as most of you will have stopped reading.

I know most people say they suck (not aimed at you at all Bacon) but I've always loved them. I've used that quote about being perfect before for random reasons. I've even got my dad into them now, its only taken me what...10 years.

However, I'll never try to convince everyone else. Much like Nirvana you like them or you don't.
Fresh_Coffee
Compared to their old stuff Green day stinks. xD
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Fresh_Coffee @ Apr 17 2005, 05:15 PM)
[snapback]154572[/snapback]

Were you even born when their 'old stuff' was popular? huh.gif
Fresh_Coffee
QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,Apr 17 2005, 09:25 AM)
QUOTE(Fresh_Coffee @ Apr 17 2005, 05:15 PM)
[snapback]154572[/snapback]

Were you even born when their 'old stuff' was popular? huh.gif
[snapback]154578[/snapback]

No, I heard some of their old songs since I had an obessed friend of Green day who made me listen to it.
Zarpia
I like them, they sound better now for my taste, but still....i wich i could listen to the other trakcs (the stolen ones).
Foolio
they were ok awhile ago, but now whenever i see an American Idiot shirt i wanna stab the wearer. (funny they were a shirt that says that)
xrninja
frankly, i think they're overrated and overplayed (especially since they're considered a "local band" here).
Slashrose1010
Definitely over played but luckilly, I don't listen to the radio. Commercials and no good stations *shakes head*. I like their old stuff better. People should get into more indie bands ^^
Chiyo
Overplayed yes, but only American Idiot. Most of the people who listen to them now have no idea they have 9 albums out.
BillieJoe143
Ok wen ever i c someone and ask if they like Green Day, they say "oh yea i know them. boulevard of broken dreams, rite?" or "yea boulevard of broken dreams yea i like that song, but i hate Billie Joe" and then i ask, how bout ne of thier other cd's, people reply "Cd's? wut other cd's?" ya c? thats wut i hate, sure those 2 songs are overrated, but there are so many other albums, i love Green day for the old stuff and the new. And for those of u that say Green day sux,.......RIGHT BACK AT YA!.......and please, dont make fun of Billie, he iz just too sexy
Carnal Malefactor
...shut up...
love_me_destroyer
QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,Apr 18 2005, 07:53 AM)
...shut up...
[snapback]155275[/snapback]

'Nuff said.
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(love_me_destroyer @ Apr 18 2005, 03:09 PM)
QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,Apr 18 2005, 07:53 AM)
...shut up...
[snapback]155275[/snapback]

'Nuff said.
[snapback]155284[/snapback]

you too, pugsley.
GreedEnvyWrath
Green Day sucks ass compared with Judas F**KING Priest and Pantera these are real band not some faggot ass shit like green day
Carnal Malefactor
You're a Pantera fan... should've known...
love_me_destroyer
Look, here's my point: Green Day is a band aimed at making annoying suburbanite white kids feel like they're a bunch of bad-ass rebels because they listen to a song entitled "American Idiot". It's not even punk rock, and it never has been. So, in conclusion, Green Day is a bunch of posers.
Carnal Malefactor
I haven't heard Green Day being referred to as punk anything since the Dookie era...

And don't act like you're such an authority on punk rock yourself, pugsley. You've probably never even heard Big Black, The Birthday Party or The Stooges.
love_me_destroyer
QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,Apr 18 2005, 08:54 AM)
And don't act like you're such an authority on punk rock yourself, pugsley.
[snapback]155311[/snapback]

You're right, I'm not. But I know enough to tell that bands like Green Day and Adema are a bunch of posers.
GreedEnvyWrath
QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,Apr 18 2005, 11:45 AM)
[snapback]155307[/snapback]

hell yeah i am pantera is the 2nd best band in the world the 1ts is judas priest im a real metal head no rap nuttin pure metal megadeth,the OLD metallica not theyre new stuff,pantera judas priest kiss BLS stuff like that and only that
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(GreedEnvyWrath @ Apr 18 2005, 04:02 PM)
QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,Apr 18 2005, 11:45 AM)
[snapback]155307[/snapback]

hell yeah i am pantera is the 2nd best band in the world the 1ts is judas priest im a real metal head no rap nuttin pure metal megadeth,the OLD metallica not theyre new stuff,pantera judas priest kiss BLS stuff like that and only that
[snapback]155315[/snapback]

...you'll grow out of it...
GreedEnvyWrath
BULLSHIT i will always be a MetalHead if u dont like it srew u ok who cares what u think NO ONE im not ganna turn into some dumb wigger PANTERA ALL THE WAY
Carnal Malefactor
Yah, I was like that when I was 14, too. Young and stupid.
GreedEnvyWrath
QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,Apr 18 2005, 12:10 PM)
[snapback]155323[/snapback]

well guess what......... u ok i might be stupid but i dont care ass long as Judas Priest is here
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(GreedEnvyWrath @ Apr 18 2005, 04:16 PM)
QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,Apr 18 2005, 12:10 PM)
[snapback]155323[/snapback]

well guess what......... u ok i might be stupid but i dont care ass long as Judas Priest is here
[snapback]155325[/snapback]

Nigga please. You probably just found out that Judas Priest exists 2 months ago.

Do you even own British Steel or Stained Class?
love_me_destroyer
QUOTE(GreedEnvyWrath @ Apr 18 2005, 09:10 AM)
BULLSHIT i will always be a MetalHead if u dont like it srew u ok who cares what u think NO ONE im not ganna turn into some dumb wigger PANTERA ALL THE WAY
[snapback]155322[/snapback]

Okay, first of all: You need to calm the hell down!. And second:Just because you're not some stupid headbanger doesn't make you a "wigger".
GreedEnvyWrath
no but i own the boxset METALOGY ,Screaming for vengance , living after midnight ,and angel of retrabution and im not a stupid nigger
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(GreedEnvyWrath @ Apr 18 2005, 04:20 PM)
no but i own the boxset METALOGY ,Screaming for vengance , living after midnight ,and angel of retrabution and im not a stupid nigger
[snapback]155328[/snapback]

you might want to tone down the racist shit, or you'll be banned in a heartbeat.

And I doubt Rob Halford would want a bigoted little dipshit like you for a fan anyway.
love_me_destroyer
QUOTE(GreedEnvyWrath @ Apr 18 2005, 09:20 AM)
and im not a stupid nigger

Wow, you're a racist, hateful bastard as well. Did you learn that word at your dad's KKK meeting?
GreedEnvyWrath
What my sister is half black and ANGEL OF retrabution is THE BEST CD by Judas Priest
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(GreedEnvyWrath @ Apr 18 2005, 04:25 PM)
What  my sister is half black and ANGEL OF retrabution  is THE BEST CD by Judas Priest
[snapback]155333[/snapback]

Wouldn't that make you half black, too?

And no, AoR is garbage. If you were familiar with JP's old material, you'd understand why.
GreedEnvyWrath
QUOTE(love_me_destroyer @ Apr 18 2005, 12:25 PM)

Wow, you're a racist, hateful bastard as well. Did you learn that word at your dad's KKK meeting?
[snapback]155332[/snapback]

my dads Puerto Rican u assshaft
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(GreedEnvyWrath @ Apr 18 2005, 04:27 PM)
QUOTE(love_me_destroyer @ Apr 18 2005, 12:25 PM)

[snapback]155332[/snapback]

[snapback]155335[/snapback]

Are we supposed to be impressed? You're still a bigoted little shit.
love_me_destroyer
QUOTE(GreedEnvyWrath @ Apr 18 2005, 09:27 AM)
[snapback]155335[/snapback]

Okay, I might have gone too far with that one comment. But the fact stands that you're being racist and generally stupid. I would reccommend stepping down before it gets really nasty.
GreedEnvyWrath
oh no what are u ganna do ban me no ur not a mod so what then and im not trying to impress u every thing i said is true and i would do anything to meet rob halford and rob would ba happy to now that he has me as a fan and have u ever met pantera
Carnal Malefactor
Okay, first of all, USE SOME F*CKING PUNCTUATION FOR ONCE! YOUR POSTS ARE IMPOSSIBLE TO READ!

Second of all, you do know that Rob is gay, right?

And why would I want to meet a band I don't even like? Pantera is poseur shit.
love_me_destroyer
QUOTE(GreedEnvyWrath @ Apr 18 2005, 09:38 AM)
oh no what are u ganna do ban me no ur not a mod so what then and im not trying to impress u every thing i said is true and i would do anything to meet rob halford  and rob would ba happy to now that he has me as a fan and have u ever  met pantera
[snapback]155347[/snapback]

Oh, Jesus...I can't even understand the post. Wanna know why? Your faliure to punctuate has made you look like a moron, and has made you impossible to comprehend. Learn the English language, learn to keep your cool, and then you can come back.
GreedEnvyWrath
QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,Apr 18 2005, 12:44 PM)
Okay, first of all, USE SOME F*CKING PUNCTUATION FOR ONCE! YOUR POSTS ARE IMPOSSIBLE TO READ!

Second of all, you do know that Rob is gay, right?

And why would I want to meet a band I don't even like? Pantera is poseur shit.
[snapback]155351[/snapback]

oh no what are u ganna do ban me no ur not a mod so what then? and im not trying to impress u every thing i said is true and i would do anything to meet rob halford and rob would be happy to now that he has me as a fan. and have u ever met pantera?
there is that better
and yes i did now rob is gay and if ur now so much in music then what kind of music do u like\?
love_me_destroyer
oh no what are you ganna do, ban me? no, you're not a mod, so what then? And im not trying to impress you, every thing i said is true, and i would do anything to meet Rob Halford, and Rob would be happy to now that he has me as a fan. and have you ever met pantera?
there, is that better?

[snapback]155354[/snapback]

As to your question: No, it's not much better. (I could only fix so much...)
GreedEnvyWrath
I met Vinie Paul last night at a BLS consert.And what kind of music do you listen to? Is that better?
P.S. ........you
love_me_destroyer
QUOTE(GreedEnvyWrath @ Apr 18 2005, 10:04 AM)
And what kind of music do you listen to? Is that better?

[snapback]155362[/snapback]

Punk rock, Ska punk, rock punk, punk punk,generic punk, old punk, new punk, red punk, blue punk. Almost anything with "punk" attatched to it.
GreedEnvyWrath
I hate punk rockers I bet you're a skater too?Well I guess you are my nemesis mad.gif
Carnal Malefactor
What does it matter? I can list all the cds I own for you to gaze at, but I'm not about to get into a contest with some idiot 14-year-old to see who's more 'metal'. You're gonna get yourself banned with that kind of language, and I'm just gonna laugh.
GreedEnvyWrath
QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,Apr 18 2005, 01:20 PM)
What does it matter? I can list all the cds I own for you to gaze at, but I'm not about to get into a contest with some idiot 14-year-old to see who's more 'metal'. You're gonna get yourself banned with that kind of language, and I'm just gonna laugh.
[snapback]155365[/snapback]

What lang.?Its a pic and you now im more metal!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.