Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 3rd Comic Cd Collection
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > FMA Music > Drama CD, FMA Radio, etc.
Sycia
*Mumbles* My first post was eaten.

News from Japan

Square Enix plans a 3rd 'comic CD collection' to be released on May 31st. Title has not been revealed. Basically drama CDs, but unlike the free drama CDs that come with some monthly GANGAN editions, comic CD collections are sold separately. Scenarios are original, written by Arakawa Hiromu (manga artist).

The first 2 comic CD collections can be seen here.

#1 - 鋼の錬金術師 砂礫の大地 (Fullmetal Alchemist - Land of Deserts)
Based on the original novel / story that was never included in the manga, but later included into the anime TV series, it focuses on the Elric & Tringham brothers. Since this drama CD was made before the anime, the voice cast was completely different (with the exception of the Tringham brothers).

#2 - 鋼の錬金術師 偽りの光、真実の影 (Fullmetal Alchemist - Light of Lies, Shadow of Truth)
Original story featured no where else.

Sources:
Square Enix
AA battery
square-enix just feels this need to suck money off hagaren fans, doesn't it? but yay, this one is much cooler... cuz it's written by arakawa hiromu! <3
Merc
Cool! I wonder how they'll turn out. smile.gif

~Merc
Sycia
Personally I think these CDs are more worth the money than the games... :P
hagane_no_tokage
*neeeeds*
poodoggy
apologies if im quite slow and a lil dumb. but what does it mean by 3rd cd? issit the continuation of FMA where envy turns into a dragon?? or issit something else?? btw is the last episode, episode 51??
Defade
QUOTE(poodoggy @ Apr 18 2005, 06:27 PM)
apologies if im quite slow and a lil dumb. but what does it mean by 3rd cd? issit the continuation of FMA where envy turns into a dragon?? or issit something else?? btw is the last episode, episode 51??
[snapback]155185[/snapback]

The only continuation of FMA episode 51 is the movie thats coming out this July in Japan, though I'm not so sure what a comic CD is, but I think it's like a cartoon without the images.
Sycia
Erm, these drama CDs have original stories that, if anything, are more closely connected to the manga rather than the anime series.

Drama CD = an audio anime episode on CD? Well... you can think of it that way. No visuals.
I think I know about the second CD. Now, I don't know what it's about (can't speak Japanese), but definately not the Tringham brothers. It's about going to this country that it's believed to have the philosopher's stone... 'Elerando' (sp) was it? =_= don't may attention to me please.
Sycia
That drama CD wasn't from the Comic CD Collection, but just a free CD that came from GANGAN~
Senefen
It's about going to this country that it's believed to have the philosopher's stone... 'Elerando'
Wasnt that the lost city of gold, Eldarado or something... there was disney movie...
Looking at the manga it could be something about Xerxes (but I doubt it will be)
anime dude
You know that would be like so cool if on the CD thingy that they could put like an AMV er something. THAT WOULD BE SO F**KING ASOME biggrin.gif!!! but the only time i have ever seen someone do that is on the linkin park CDs so itll probably just have the music from the thrid season of full metal alchemist er something dry.gif
hagane_no_tokage
got misself the second comic CD yesterday. XD yay! i can't wait to listen to it. i also found a different GanGan drama...not the ten-something no...whatever it was...with that Anje girl, this is a different one, kiri no ogutaare. anybody know anything about it? i'd never heard of it... they only had the second half, and i don't have a CD player with me, so i haven't been able to listen to it...but it was news to me... s'got ed and al and roy and hawkeye and armstrong and winry (yay winry's drama debut!) and two new characters named monika and brandon in it... O_o anybody know anything?
Sycia
Yeah, that's one of the 2 CDs given away free with GANGAN some time back~ Kiri no Oguta-re (Misty Oguta-re <-- refers to a village). The first set to be given away before the 'ten-blah blah'

It's a short story on the Elric brothers and Winry inserted into the time of the manga / anime while they were headed to Rush Valley.

Ed, Al, Roy, Armstrong, Winry and Hawkeye are in it. And you actually get to know Roy CAN swim.

P.S: Brandon is voiced by Miki Shinichirou. : )
nightangelofunderworld
Ok i'm slightly confused. Will a comic CD be about the episodes that we will have already watched or is it episodes that aren't going to be on tv?
nightangelofunderworld
sry to double post but will there even be comic Cd's in english? and is episode 51 the last epi that will ever be made? I don't really know much cuz i've just became an FMA fan a few weeks (3) ago.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.