Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Forum Heros
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > Spam Central
alchemist x
This is a thread where you say who on THIS forum you look up to, and why.
Like... Umm...

Quis: Smarts
Hitokiri: Wit

Or something like that.
Carnal Malefactor
Wait, is this anything like the Planeteers? huh.gif
alchemist x
I don't think so...
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(alchemist x @ Apr 15 2005, 01:50 AM)
I don't think so...
[snapback]152931[/snapback]

Are you even old enough to know what the Planeteers are?
Slashrose1010
@Bacon:.... not to sound stupid but do you mean those environmentalist with rings to control nature and combine to create Captain Planet? XD
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Slashrose1010 @ Apr 15 2005, 02:25 AM)
@Bacon:.... not to sound stupid but do you mean those environmentalist with rings to control nature and combine to create Captain Planet? XD
[snapback]152987[/snapback]

Yah... a septet of ethnic stereotypes who summoned an albino with a green mullet to fight alongside Greenpeace...

What the hell were they smoking when they came up with that one?
Envy's lil' miniskirt
QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,Apr 14 2005, 07:28 PM)
Yah... a septet of ethnic stereotypes who summoned an albino with a green mullet to fight alongside Greenpeace...

[snapback]152991[/snapback]

Do you really have to ask?
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Envy's lil' miniskirt @ Apr 15 2005, 02:29 AM)
QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,Apr 14 2005, 07:28 PM)

Do you really have to ask?
[snapback]152993[/snapback]

It was probably laced, though...
Slashrose1010
XD lol, Making CP references are fun tongue.gif and yes... Captain Planet is so oddly drawn/colored. His powers over nature are only rivaled by Storm though tongue.gif Don't mess with him or he might decide to tornado your ass tongue.gif
hitokiri
QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,Apr 14 2005, 10:28 PM)

well you have to remember also this is the same generation of morons that came up with the most pointless fake holiday of all time, arbor day
MustEd4ever
Sorry to be a party pooper, but I am gonna STICK ON SUBJECT *ahem*

My hero on this forum site would probably be Ailuro because she is smart, and uhmm...(do I sound suck-up-ish?) nice to me...
Thievesvinegar
Why don't we just find a gold goat to idolize and worship.
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Thievesvinegar @ Apr 15 2005, 03:50 AM)
[snapback]153045[/snapback]

I already have one of those.
edsgirl
Not to be a complete ass, but why would you idolize someone from a forum? There are real role models out there, stop sucking up biggrin.gif
Celestial Shadow
You sound Bacon-y blink.gif

You can idolize someone on a forum as a person, you don't have to be a cop or something to be an idol to someone. Just a regular person with qualities someone admires sleep.gif
mei_tenshi
This whole idolizing someone, especially someone from a forum, feels kind of weird to me. I mean, there are people whom I think I would enjoy their company in real life, but to idolize them? I don't think so.
Ailuro
Oh dear, I'm someone's idol? *blinkblink*
I'm not someone you should idolize. I'm lazy, I procrastinate, I'm sarcastic to others, I was a lot meaner in the early forum days, I show off sometimes, I sneak snacks before meals, I cheat on homework, etc.

Geez, I made myself look bad. tongue.gif
phoenix dying
QUOTE(Ailuro @ Apr 15 2005, 11:47 PM)
I'm not someone you should idolize. I'm lazy, I procrastinate, I'm sarcastic to others, I was a lot meaner in the early forum days, I show off sometimes, I sneak snacks before meals, I cheat on homework, etc.

[snapback]153677[/snapback]

We all understand...
Ailuro
QUOTE(phoenix alchemist @ Apr 15 2005, 07:48 PM)
QUOTE(Ailuro @ Apr 15 2005, 11:47 PM)

[snapback]153677[/snapback]

We all understand...
[snapback]153679[/snapback]

Understand what.. exactly?
Celestial Shadow
That you're weird and we all do the same thing? >_> Well at least I do.
Slashrose1010
@Aily: lol, wow, you are pretty similar to me tongue.gif You are my new Washingtonian Idol tongue.gif
Quistis88
QUOTE(alchemist x @ Apr 14 2005, 07:45 PM)
This is a thread where you say who on THIS forum you look up to, and why.
Like... Umm...

Quis: Smarts
Hitokiri: Wit

Or something like that.

Wow, someone thinks I'm smart. Thank you. biggrin.gif

QUOTE(mei_tenshi @ Apr 15 2005, 05:38 PM)
This whole idolizing someone, especially someone from a forum, feels kind of weird to me. I mean, there are people whom I think I would enjoy their company in real life, but to idolize them? I don't think so.

I agree. Sure, there are tons of people who I look up to and greatly respect (you all know who you are), but I don't think I'd go as far as to idolize someone or anyone at all, for that matter.

QUOTE(Ailuro @ Apr 15 2005, 09:47 PM)

Haha, you do make yourself look bad. laugh.gif But I'd probably describe myself in relatively the same way, too, except for a few of the above-mentioned things, and that I'm meaner now than I was before here at the forums. biggrin.gif
Elderberry
QUOTE(Deshi-san)
Wow, I just realized that all of those apply to me as well, except for the being mean on forums part- I'm actually a lot snappier now that I've been at this forum a while and the n00b-tachi are just pouring in...tongue.gif||

I don't really idolize anyone, but I do look up to tokage-san and Quistis-sama...tokage-san for her wonderful translations and Quistis-sama for her intelligence and responsibility...and both of them for gorgeous singing voices~ happy.gif
hagane_no_tokage
awww, i feel so loved! <33 don't sell yourself short, EKE, you've got a lovely set of pipes yourself. and i've been terribly slacking in my translations of late... roy's gonna kill me, i said i would have his CD translated like a month ago... _ ah, serves him right for making hawkeye wait for all that paperwork all the time, right? XD

i'd have to agree that i look up to quis as well... even tho she's one of very few people i'm actually like not way shorter than...! she keeps this place nice and neat, and she's hella fun to hang out with. XD i also have to put in a vote for the wonderful tobu ishi, for all the fabulous writing she has contributed to the forums. and she's hella fun to hang out with too! <4!!!
hitokiri
w... someone looks up to me...laugh.gif

but i'm gonna have to go with edsgirl and bacon on this one.... idols are pointless, even more so when they come from a forum.

understand that, in the end, you are alone. when you wake up in the morning, who brushes your teeth? when you look in the mirror, who do you see? who is the one that must live with all your actions? you...

so, therefore, you must idolize yourself... but not to the point of narcism or megalomania... remember other people don't matter unless you say they do.

well that enough of my fortune cookie, oprah-esque self help crap for now...
Le Monkey
I dont see the point of this either....

I look up to some members for adfvice or guidance.. but outher than that..
No..

Its a little scary really that someone idolises someone elce they only know through the internet...
Prinz_Zoisit
QUOTE(Thievesvinegar @ Apr 15 2005, 04:50 AM)

yah, goatism rules^^;;;;;;;;
Zarpia
I really don't idolize anyone, but i do like my f.f, and other from this forum, like, hitokiri...i like the mean tinks he sais, Quis...she is really patien, and funny, bacon...is is ok, and others.
Dragons04
I did look up to Black Rose for her caring and knows how to make me laugh
ἀρχή
QUOTE(Prinz_Zoisit @ Apr 22 2005, 03:09 AM)
QUOTE(Thievesvinegar @ Apr 15 2005, 04:50 AM)

yah, goatism rules^^;;;;;;;;
[snapback]158359[/snapback]

Considering the fact that everything is a goat, yes goatism rules smile.gif
Haldir of Lorien
List or members I idolize
1.Legolas of Mirkwood(because it's fun to pick on her!)
2.Hagane no Rekinjutsushi{ed}(Because we all three[Legolas,and I with her]live in the same town and she is my friend)
3.Fresh Coffee(Starts all the best topics)
Fresh_Coffee
QUOTE(Haldir of Lorien @ Apr 22 2005, 06:03 PM)
List or members I idolize
1.Legolas of Mirkwood(because it's fun to pick on her!)
2.Hagane no Rekinjutsushi{ed}(Because we all three[Legolas,and I with her]live in the same town and she is my friend)
3.Fresh Coffee(Starts all the best topics)
[snapback]158910[/snapback]

uh? I do? why thank you xD

I have to say though having an "idol" on the internet is kinda of creepy. Though I also have a so called "idol" but I mostly because I decided one day out of nowhere that she would be. XP Quissy XP Though I look up to her but for now she's my so called "idol".
ἀρχή
I idolize myself and I suggest you all idolize me as well for if you do not, I cannot guarantee your safety when I become World Dictator.
hitokiri
QUOTE(arche @ Apr 22 2005, 10:56 PM)
I idolize myself and I suggest you all idolize me as well for if you do not, I cannot guarantee your safety when I become World Dictator.
[snapback]158947[/snapback]

now, how's a brain in the vat gonna take over any world other than the imaginary one that he made up? but if you made it up that just means, you already control it; but just don't know it yet, so therefore what we do is irrelevant....
ἀρχή
QUOTE(hitokiri @ Apr 22 2005, 09:58 PM)
QUOTE(arche @ Apr 22 2005, 10:56 PM)
[snapback]158947[/snapback]

now, how's a brain in the vat gonna take over any world other than the imaginary one that he made up? but if you made it up that just means, you already control it; but just don't know it yet, so therefore what we do is irrelevant....
[snapback]158949[/snapback]

I still don't have full control over the super computer programs that produce the phenomena of "other people". As a result, I cannot change your behavior yet to allow me to control you in my virtual world. It's not an issue of getting to the original code, but rather the fact that all of your programs are written so damned poorly. There's thousands of lines of code, which just muddle up my ability to alter your behavior so I can truly control the world. That mad scientist didn't know anything about programming mad.gif

Perhaps I should try to get admin rights and just start hitting the delete key laugh.gif
Bling_bling_Angel
I idolize these three people here:

Quistis88

Hitokiri

Arche

happy.gif
StateAlchemistElric
MEEEEE lol I like myself lol
alchemist of the blue sky
I idolize
Le Monkey
Black Rose
and the rest of my forum family on Chibi-dom!!!!!! laugh.gif
wub.gif happy.gif
Kit
I idolize ALL of my family, but the one I really look up to is MustEd4ever. I love my big sis! (No offense to the rest of my forum family. I love all of them too) biggrin.gif
Haroken
I dont idolize her but Ailuro is an awesome person and a good contributing member of the boards

biggrin.gif
Mustang's Apprentice
Hmmmmm.....

zarpia:Coolness
Riza Babe:Coolness
Jen Elric&Anime Gal:Cause they are my only family.....
Zarpia
QUOTE(Mustang's Apprentice @ May 12 2005, 02:51 PM)
Hmmmmm.....

zarpia:Coolness
Riza Babe:Coolness
Jen Elric&Anime Gal:Cause they are my only family.....
[snapback]171488[/snapback]

I didn't know that someone liked me biggrin.gif , thanks.
EniviD EiraM
I should say it's :

Tombow -- for he always have the initiative to close down my topics smile.gif .. just kidding !
--- he's doing a great job in the forum and he's responsible enough .. he deserves the position !

Forsaken Love -- if not for her, maybe, I didn't learn how to find new friends here and she's the
first person who left a comment to me .. smile.gif

Mhacy -- my beloved Filipina pal smile.gif love her so so much ! XD
Chiyo
Wow, we are reviving an old thread aren't we, hasn't been posted on for nearly 5 whole years. As such most of the people mentioned in this topic aren't actually around anymore, just to clarify for others.

Maybe this thread can be closed, depends if other people are inclined to post.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.