Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What's On The Menu...
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > Spam Central
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28
Tombow
QUOTE(creationX @ Nov 14 2006, 08:50 PM) [snapback]473543[/snapback]
i haved crepes befor i dont know about Indian crepes though iv had french ones though theye were very good
@creationX - The main difference is that French crepe is made with flour, whereas Indian dosei is usually made with lentils and rice mix (I think). Both crepe and dosa are delicious, but I can't make dosei myself. (Crepe is easy. Anyone can make it, IMO. biggrin.gif )

Roast beef sandwich, tater tots, and mixed veggies.
Le Monkey
QUOTE(Tombow @ Nov 15 2006, 03:39 AM) [snapback]473590[/snapback]
Roast beef sandwich, tater tots, and mixed veggies.

What are "Tater tots"?
Like small potatoe products? Oo
Amol
QUOTE(Tombow @ Nov 15 2006, 12:41 AM) [snapback]473453[/snapback]
QUOTE(creationX @ Nov 14 2006, 10:53 AM) [snapback]473419[/snapback]
^ what is a DOSA if i might ask
@creationX - Dosa is an Indian crepe (paper thin pancake.) Just like crepe it can be filled with other stuff, or eaten as is. (My friend used to make some, and they were yammm!! )
I like masala dosa, that's stuffed with potato!! biggrin.gif

Left over of some forgotten origin, reheated. (I think it's veggie Rotini in Marinara sauce.) biggrin.gif

As Tombow has explained that dosa is Indian crepe , he very correct.
It is served with sambar ( a type of curry ) and chutney ( an indian scauce ).

Tombow , where do you stay and how do you know so much about the food ....
I mean masala dosa and ...... !
Amol
QUOTE(Tombow @ Nov 15 2006, 12:41 AM) [snapback]473453[/snapback]
QUOTE(creationX @ Nov 14 2006, 10:53 AM) [snapback]473419[/snapback]
^ what is a DOSA if i might ask
@creationX - Dosa is an Indian crepe (paper thin pancake.) Just like crepe it can be filled with other stuff, or eaten as is. (My friend used to make some, and they were yammm!! )
I like masala dosa, that's stuffed with potato!! biggrin.gif

Left over of some forgotten origin, reheated. (I think it's veggie Rotini in Marinara sauce.) biggrin.gif

As Tombow has explained that dosa is Indian crepe , he very correct.
It is served with sambar ( a type of curry ) and chutney ( an indian scauce ).

Do you know of other indian cuisines too ?
Le Monkey
QUOTE(Amol @ Nov 15 2006, 01:44 PM) [snapback]473700[/snapback]

www.wikipedia.com
tongue.gif

Also I belive eating a wide variety of foods over the years of being alive would help this, XD
creations alchemist
amol you double posted
OHHHHHHHHHHh
lol
jk
im in 2nd period again...
todays breakfast was lost energy drink and twix
happy.gif
Le Monkey
QUOTE(creationX @ Nov 15 2006, 02:28 PM) [snapback]473711[/snapback]
amol you double posted
OHHHHHHHHHHh
lol
jk
im in 2nd period again...
todays breakfast was lost energy drink and twix
happy.gif

It looks like a simple forum/net/pc glitch that lagged and re sent the "Add Reply" form twice.

Wow, breakfast was healthy wasnt it? ohmy.gif [/sarcasm]
Amol
I cant understand how that has happened ? huh.gif

When i first posted , it showed some error and than i had to post again and this is what happens.
I dont know if we can delete a post or not... but i dint know i just double posted. sad.gif
Le Monkey
QUOTE(Amol @ Nov 15 2006, 05:24 PM) [snapback]473747[/snapback]
I cant understand how that has happened ? huh.gif

When i first posted , it showed some error and than i had to post again and this is what happens.
I dont know if we can delete a post or not... but i dint know i just double posted. sad.gif

Dont worry about it, ^^
It happens
Tombow
QUOTE(Amol @ Nov 15 2006, 09:44 AM) [snapback]473700[/snapback]
@Amol - I had a succession of house mates who were from various parts of India, and they (and their friends and fimailies who visit them) were all good at cooking Indian dishes, so I had a fortune of them cooking a wide variety of Southern Indian home dishes (both sides), as well as North-Western Indian dishes, and me sampling all these yammy stuff!! They are so good!! Much better than what's being served at Indian restaurants, IMO!! Oh, and I'm in the U.S. biggrin.gif

QUOTE(Le Monkey @ Nov 15 2006, 09:16 AM) [snapback]473693[/snapback]
What are "Tater tots"?
Tator tots are widely available frozen processed potato product in the U.S., and if you imagine hashed potato made into bite size pellets, that's about it. laugh.gif They are pre-cooked and come frozen, and you can microwave few minutes, and ready to eat!! Good stuff!! biggrin.gif

Hot dog, and an apple.
Zarpia
zomg! a really delicious coffee tongue.gif
Le Monkey
QUOTE(Tombow @ Nov 15 2006, 10:03 PM) [snapback]473802[/snapback]
QUOTE(Le Monkey @ Nov 15 2006, 09:16 AM) [snapback]473693[/snapback]
What are "Tater tots"?
Tator tots are widely available frozen processed potato product in the U.S., and if you imagine hashed potato made into bite size pellets, that's about it. laugh.gif They are pre-cooked and come frozen, and you can microwave few minutes, and ready to eat!! Good stuff!! biggrin.gif

laugh.gif

Funderful
Cadbury! ^^
-Dances-
Amol
QUOTE(Tombow @ Nov 16 2006, 03:33 AM) [snapback]473802[/snapback]
QUOTE(Amol @ Nov 15 2006, 09:44 AM) [snapback]473700[/snapback]
@Amol - I had a succession of house mates who were from various parts of India, and they (and their friends and fimailies who visit them) were all good at cooking Indian dishes, so I had a fortune of them cooking a wide variety of Southern Indian home dishes (both sides), as well as North-Western Indian dishes, and me sampling all these yammy stuff!! They are so good!! Much better than what's being served at Indian restaurants, IMO!! Oh, and I'm in the U.S. biggrin.gif

Oh ... thats the reason.
I'm north indian myself but we have stayed in south india for 10 years , so my mom has learned to cook the dishes made there too. we have wide variety if food here . laugh.gif
You can finish trying them all. biggrin.gif
Tombow
^^ Yeah, home cooked Indian foods are awsome!! You're so lucky your mom can cook wide variety of those dishes!! biggrin.gif

Veggie Rotini and Italian sausage with marinara sauce.
creations alchemist
what is it with indian food?
Amol
QUOTE(Tombow @ Nov 16 2006, 08:16 AM) [snapback]474039[/snapback]
^^ Yeah, home cooked Indian foods are awsome!! You're so lucky your mom can cook wide variety of those dishes!! biggrin.gif

POP CORN !

I think indian food tastes good only in india , i mean , i dont think you can get all required spices in all parts of the world to make such food. There are so many spices and herbs used in making the food here.
Tombow
QUOTE(Amol @ Nov 16 2006, 04:45 AM) [snapback]474142[/snapback]
I think indian food tastes good only in india , i mean , i dont think you can get all required spices in all parts of the world to make such food. There are so many spices and herbs used in making the food here.
^^ Not in all parts of the world, but you can get fairly good variety of spices needed for making Indian dishes if you are in New York/New Jersey area in the U.S., or in certain part in Boston, L.A., Chicago, Seattle, and some other places in the U.S., or in London, Tokyo, Paris, blah blah blah. You might be pleasantly surprised. biggrin.gif (Then again, of course, taste is a very subjective thing, so getting the ingredients is only part of it, I guess.... smile.gif )

Ramen noodles for late night snack!! tongue.gif
Amol
QUOTE(Tombow @ Nov 16 2006, 03:38 PM) [snapback]474167[/snapback]
QUOTE(Amol @ Nov 16 2006, 04:45 AM) [snapback]474142[/snapback]
^^ Not in all parts of the world, but you can get fairly good variety of spices needed for making Indian dishes if you are in New York/New Jersey area in the U.S., or in certain part in Boston, L.A., Chicago, Seattle, and some other places in the U.S., or in London, Tokyo, Paris, blah blah blah. You might be pleasantly surprised. biggrin.gif (Then again, of course, taste is a very subjective thing, so getting the ingredients is only part of it, I guess.... smile.gif )

Oh , i never knew that you could get all the herbs and spices every where...
anyway , i think what you say is right , but some spices are exclusive to india.
But they are not not used in many dishes.
Its good to see that indian food is becoming popular.

Right now i might just have Tomato soup
Le Monkey
QUOTE(creationX @ Nov 16 2006, 03:16 AM) [snapback]474069[/snapback]
what is it with indian food?

what is with posts like that?

I just had Cumin Rice, ^^
Zarpia
Coffee like always and some sweets that i shouldn't ate
Tombow
Roast beef on Rye bread, a pickle, and chips.
Amol
salad (healthy choice)
Le Monkey
Tea tea and yet more tea..
I wub.gif my tea, ^^
creations alchemist
this morning i had a warm Mr.pib extra, a slurpy from sonic and more beef jerky!
Quistis88
I am having beef, rice, and Chinese okra for lunch. smile.gif Although there's really nothing weird about it, I don't think very many people outside of the Chinese culture have really had okra. I don't think they even use it that much in Chinese restaurants in the west.
Tombow
^^ My friend makes out of the world Gumbo with okra!! It's sooooo good!! biggrin.gif

Chunky chicken noodle soup.
Synth Alchemist
Chicken instant soup laugh.gif
Beef in a caoba table
Spaghetti a la bollognese
Sherbet of lemon
Cesar Salad tongue.gif
MasterKris
Cheese sticks, carrots, and pears with milk.
*~vachi~*
...Paella and...yogurt! *yogurt = drink*
MasterKris
SUSHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Amol
Just having coffee right now.
Tombow
Chicken and rice soup.
Amol
ceasar salad
Lysander
Soda! and cow's tongue...
MasterKris
Rice, eggs, salmon, dried salted seaweed, kimchi, etc.
Le Monkey
Chilli!
Mmmm, it was good! biggrin.gif
Tombow
Corn dog, and baked beans
esrz22
Tacos. Went out to a Mexican resturant tonight. Up next is Ice Cream.
Zarpia
Doritos!
Amol
Casata slice
creations alchemist
um laffy taffy and turkey
Chiyo
Bacon sarnie with HP Sauce...magic
Tombow
Pancakes, sausage links, and scrambled eggs.
creations alchemist
i just had chinese so i guess thats whats on da menu
Edward Elric_is_Love
Steamed Broccoli with Mayonnaise.
I'm not kidding, It makes the stuff soooo much more tolerable!
It's de.li.cious!!!
Amol
Noodles
Tombow
Manwich. And mac and cheese.
Molecular Alchemist
^^ Mac and cheese?!?! NOOOOOO!!!! but....hurray for the manwich happy.gif You know, the first time that I got the can of manwhich, i didnt know that you had to add meat to it...yeah...i found that out after i opened the can and found a liquid with the texture of tomato paste XD But i do like the manwich

I had General Tso's chicken, some chocolate covered cherries...and now i had a corner of my sister's pizza (couldnt resist...it was sausage....) tongue.gif
Amol
tomato soup !
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.