Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Naruto on Toonami?
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Anime > Let's discuss your fav anime series here!
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Negi
I heard a rumor that Naruto is aired on...Toonami i think...or some other network in Japan. is that true and is it going to come on over here?

<This thread is a duplicate and will be merged to the other Naruto discussion thread later. Everyone please use the other Naruto discussion thread for your Naruto discussion. smile.gif ~ Board staff>
Full Blade Alchemist
Naruto is coming here!! (that sounds wierd) But I don't know when. *jumps* I love Naruto!!
Negi
thats awesome!! i've been hopin it might. this way, i dont have to buy the dvds. i have DVR so i can just set it up to record every episode.
Winry Elric
Yes, it's coming on Toonami in the fall^_^ Or something like that but it's definetly comig on cartoon network sometime^_^

Wait I was on a forum that says August.............I guess either summer or fall.
~.:Anime_Gal:.~
america has good anime on toonami, in australia they still have pokemon..... now that sucks!
Negi
well at least its coming over here. I'm happy now.
Zarpia
they don't have it in there already?
Blade Alchemist
BOOYA!!! NARUTO!!!!! On Toonami!! I hope it's good and not eidted so much it sucks.

CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mongooseboi
down with dubs up with subs.
Zarpia
down with dubs up with subs.

I agree with you Mongooseboi, after i watch FMA in Jpanese i felt in love with the jp voices with and stop liking the english dubs, but not Ed and Al voices.
sumflip
Oh man that's gunna suck...I can see it now...horrible voice acting....cutting out violence..no blood...cutting out scenes...they're going to butcher it.
pirate yoshi
I'd rather have Naruto airing on [adult swim]. It'll be butchered if it's on Toonami. Heck, it's already being butchered if it's being dubbed.
Negi
well like i said, i heard a rumor that it was coming on toonami. it might come on adult swim. you never know
Albel Nox
It's about freakin time. I've been waitin for Naruto on tv. I have all 6 of the released Naruto mangas in english.
BillieJoe143
OK PEOPLE! that is not good! Im happy with my fansubs! ITZ HORRIBLE! if it comes to toonami all the good stuff will b cut out!

1.NO SWEARS! *come on sad.gif we need swears*
2.no blood! *do u no how bloody DBZ was b4 it came out on toonami?*(blood is needed! there will be no "desert graveyard" or "desert coffin" sad.gif )
3........not much word about "come come paradise" *for those of u Jiraiya fans*

Naruto comin to toonami iz one of the worst things that could happen, my advice is keep it fansubbed online

* Naruto on [Adult Swim] would be ok......i guess*
Dragons04
Naruto will be on Toonami?! Go Japan *waving the large flag of Japan* pls import it to us, the Americans! *pointing to American fans waving the large flags of U.S.A.*
Zarpia
After reading all this posts, i really want to see Naruto now, can somebosy tell me what the anime is about?
BillieJoe143
ok Naruto iz about, this kid (naruto)that has a fox demon sealed in side of him (his source of red chakra) however many years ago one of the Hokage's sealed that fox demon (that was about to destroy the leaf village) in him. Naruto is hated (in a feared way) thorugh out the village and he doesent know why, the only reason he doesent know is because its a village law. he is not suposed to know that their is a huge, evil, bloodthirsty, balck hearted, nine-tailed fox demon in him. Well in the first ep he finds out, blah blah blah, he failed the Genin *first rank of ninja* exam, this big, not very important thing happens, he passes the exam and is put in a team. Team#7 with himself, Sasuke and Sakura. And the piont of the show is that he wants to become the greatest hokage ever and eat ramen while doing so.

But seriously, this is one of my top favorite animes. Thier fighting is increadible and the bad guys are so kool! (Orochimaru and Gaara, my favorites) of and there are lyke other stories in it too! Like Sasuke and Itachi!
xrninja
God forbid. naruto on toonami. i'm glad i'll be in college soon and won't have to deal with all the neighborhood brats running around in "leaf symbol" shirts while playing ninja. dry.gif
mei_tenshi
QUOTE(xrninja @ Apr 18 2005, 07:33 PM)
God forbid. naruto on toonami. i'm glad i'll be in college soon and won't have to deal with all the neighborhood brats running around in "leaf symbol" shirts while playing ninja. dry.gif
[snapback]155780[/snapback]

Don't worry, ninja--I'll join the neighborhood watch and keep the place clean for your return! biggrin.gif *bandishes "toy" shuriken*

I don't hate dubs just because they're dubs, but I'm glad I got to see Naruto fansubs before it got licensed. I realy can't imagine the voices in any other way than in the original VAs.
Albel Nox
i've seen on ebay, those metal leaf symbol bearing headbands.
Chibi-Usa
Hey if DBZ was on toonami and it had blood it ought to be the same with naruto, right?( If not I'll just read the manga)
Dragons04
DBZ is not on Toonami anyomore, it was DBGT there, along with RK (Rurouni Kenshin), Zatch Bell
StateAlchemistElric
Finally, it's about time. I'vebeen waiting forever for it to come to america. I heard rumors over the past almost year, but no conformation on the issue, but it's finally coming! Yay!
Dragons04
mark my words: First Japan, then U.S.A.!
TheVileOne
Here's the easiest way to sum up Naruto:

The Japanese anime answer to Harry Potter.
Dragons04
what about Zatch Bell, Anime Insider says that Zatch Bell is Japanese answer to Harry Potter
Chibi-Usa
Eww!Nah that ain't no kinda way true...
Dragons04
Zatch Bell have same genres as Harry Potter
telepika
What does Naruto have to do with Harry Potter? I see no relation whatsoever.

And Naruto's a very good anime. Okay, so it's way too drawn out and it takes five episodes for a fight to end, BUT Naruto has some very interesting plot themes - a demon sealed within a boy who now has to endure unbearable loneliness due to his fate and I dare not say anymore in order to not ruin it for anyone. And Naruto, the main character, is down right charismatic. Or maybe I'm just easily amused... blink.gif

Anyway, enjoy Naruto and I hope Viz doesn't mess it up too much. biggrin.gif I saw the Cartoon Network promo and was bothered by the unnecessary emphasis on Naruto being the class clown and learning ninjutsu at school... They're at school for only the first ep. blink.gif And no violence?!! How can there be Naruto without violence!!! Oh poor Naruto...
Mustang's Apprentice
I can't download the Naruto anime because of my computer(damn you,dial-up!!! ) , but I'm currently up to Chapter 260 of the manga.

I'm so psyched about the anime getting licensed, and the clips on Cartoon Network didn't make it sound half-bad.
foolmetal alchemist
Even though the dubs could kill Naruto, it might still be nice to have it on TV.
QUOTE(foolmetal alchemist @ Jun 3 2005, 07:34 PM)
Even though the dubs could kill Naruto, it might still be nice to have it on TV.
[snapback]184906[/snapback]

Is Naruto coming to cartoon network? If so when?
~.:Anime_Gal:.~
u guys r so lucky!!!
not a lot of good anime is on CartoonNetwork in Australia....

i wish it could!!!
animejunkie429800
i heard they're probably going to call it ninja boy.... EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW* smacks the table w/ her hand* unsure.gif;; sorry. and i also heard that they're going to have the voice of Naruto be Ash Ketchems' voice EEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWW *even more groosed out*

(i meant in America)
foolmetal alchemist
QUOTE(Guest @ Jun 4 2005, 09:33 AM)
QUOTE(foolmetal alchemist @ Jun 3 2005, 07:34 PM)
[snapback]184906[/snapback]

Is Naruto coming to cartoon network? If so when?
[snapback]185164[/snapback]

It should come out sometime this summer or early this fall.
Karo
If Naruto comes out in the summer on Toonami, then I won't download it. If it comes out in the Fall, then I might download it. I'm just happy I can watch it on tv! cool.gif
BakaOnna
the only problem i have with it is all the little bratty kids that'll act like this:

bratty kid: OMG! i just saw episode 5 of naruto! it was so good! what episode are you on?
fansub watcher: uh, 137 (or what ep is out. i don't really follow the anime anymore)
bratty kid: what? stupid, only 5 episodes are shown

>.< and they'll think they know everything about the show and whatnot.
rolleyes.gif

other than that, i don't care. i'm not really into the anime anymore since the last episode i saw was 133 and 134, skipping all the episodes in between since 93. the manga is better.
Dreakon
Yes, I guarentee most of the sub fans wont like the dub voices. No matter how good they are I know there will still be purists that don't like them. Of course they could suck too, what do I know? As for editing, yeah, it's gonna happen. On Toonami there's no way around it. Hopefully they aren't too harsh though.

Definately looks like a good anime. Watched like 2 eps subbed but since I hate subs I am glad I will get to see the dub this fall. Lookin' good. wink.gif
FMA JPD
I've never seen Naruto, But I've heard many good things about it. Can't wait until toonami shows it
andres higuera
I despise toonami,they would screw the whole thing up no blood ?Ok
not bleeding is not following the law of physics,toonami will ruin thw show and
i agree,there would be no cussing,lemme guess?It will be owned by 4kids?
I despise 4 kids!!!I don't like toonami,the robot guy keeps saying that the
action shows toonami airs are so cool. dry.gif he says that it it the world's best action shows ever (so called action is nothing compared to adultswim anime)
though at least it's something.Adultswim would have done much better .Go adult swim!!!
though i am still thinking if i should watch it then again.
sorry if i caused you guys any trouble or interrupted you sad.gif
Naruto is going to be cool anyway
i sound so immature dry.gif

i did not mean to be rude biggrin.gif do not get angry at me
edsgirl
QUOTE(andres higuera @ Jun 9 2005, 03:50 PM)
I despise toonami,they would screw the whole thing up no blood ?Ok
not bleeding is not following the law of physics,toonami will ruin thw show and
i agree,there would be no cussing,lemme guess?It will be owned by 4kids?
I despise 4 kids!!!I don't like toonami,the robot guy keeps saying that the
action shows toonami airs are so cool. dry.gif he says that it it the world's best action shows ever (so called action is nothing compared to adultswim anime)
though at least it's something.Adultswim would have done much better .Go adult swim!!!
though i am still thinking if i should watch  it then again.
sorry if i caused you guys any trouble or interrupted you sad.gif
Naruto is going to be cool anyway
i sound so immature dry.gif

i did not mean to be rude biggrin.gif do not get angry at me
[snapback]188342[/snapback]

No problem, but you need to get your facts straight before you go on a rant. For one 4-Kids isn't doing Naruto, ShoPro is. Secondly if it's going to bother you to see it edited then just buy the damn DVD's when they come out. It's not going to bother me because i'm not going to watch it anyway. If you watch the subs, then keep watching em and stop all the B******g!
BakaOnna
and for some reason, i highly doubt ALL THOSE NARUTO FAN SITES will drop subs. they may, but search on google or any search engine for naruto fansites or naruto downloads and you find a good number of them. the manga is licenses and it still continues, but then again, its manga. but still, i think at least one of the hundred sites out there would still have the episodes. the only problem is if the fansubbers stop but there's like, what, a number of naruto fansubbers out there.
Ryuji1314
I've got all the naruto eps. so far, english subtitles, and they're good, but the Toonami dubbed version is okay, I didn't really like it...
edsgirl
And where did you see it dubbed? I've only seen one preview for the show, and it's not due to air until late summer/early fall.
Askari_0
This is why NARUTO! on toonami is going to suck
*Takes a deep breath*
1 Blood is extremely heavy in the Japanese versions and all of that is going to edited out.
2 with no blood there will be no more desert funeral or desert coffin no more Zazuba getting stabbed with many many sharp objects. and many of the really cool attacks wont give blood shed like they would in reality
3 [spoiler] and no blood on the sword with witch the 3rd is impaled [/spoiler]
4 no more cursing
5 no nore harem no jutsu (Mass Sexy Technique)
6 no more flirting paradise
7 no bloody noses afer harem no justsu
8 really whacked up names of techniques (Beloved Sharingan)
9 really messed up names of characters (Uchiha Sauske, Uzamaki Naruto, and other characters with really weird names (Beloved Kakashi)
10 Probably no more giant shrunken sticking out of Inari's back in first episode
11 no more coughing up blood
12 CARTOON NETWORK/ TOONAMI SUCK!!!!!! THEY ARE GOING TO KILL NARUTO!
Kagebu
QUOTE(Askari_0 @ Jun 11 2005, 10:51 AM)
This is why NARUTO! on toonami is going to suck
*Takes a deep breath*
1 Blood is extremely heavy in the Japanese versions and all of that is going to edited out.
2 with no blood there will be no more desert funeral or desert coffin no more Zazuba getting stabbed with many many sharp objects. and many of the really cool attacks wont give blood shed like they would in reality
3 [spoiler]  and no blood on the sword with witch the 3rd is impaled [/spoiler]
4 no more cursing
5 no nore harem no jutsu (Mass Sexy Technique)
6 no more flirting paradise
7 no bloody noses afer harem no justsu
8 really whacked up names of techniques (Beloved Sharingan)
9 really messed up names of characters (Uchiha Sauske, Uzamaki Naruto, and other characters with really weird names (Beloved Kakashi)
10 Probably no more giant shrunken sticking out of Inari's back in first episode
11 no more coughing up blood
12 CARTOON NETWORK/ TOONAMI SUCK!!!!!! THEY ARE GOING TO KILL NARUTO!
[snapback]189720[/snapback]

This is why you also need to get your facts straight. The following is a list of facts released in press releases and Anime Insider or other such magazine information (the latter wich have been confirmed by other sources, because sometimes anime magazines tend to release rumors as facts). This is all we know of Naruto's licensing (everything below was originally posted by whosasking and faucon on the Adult Swim message boards):

1. The series has been licensed to Viz Media. It was originally licensed to ShoPro Entertainment, but it merged with Viz Communications recently to form the combined Viz Media. As separate entities, the two companies cooperated in such series as InuYasha and, most recently, Zatch Bell.

2. The television rights to at least 50 of the episodes have been sold to Cartoon Network, and they have announced that they intend to show it on the Toonami block in order to best reach the show's target audience of older kids (the 10-and-up crowd). It is currently scheduled to air in September.

3. On a related note, Toonami is currently undergoing a minor restructuring in order to accommodate more mature programming. Because cable networks are wary of attracting the attention of Congress, who is still debating the possibility of extending the oversight power of the FCC to cable networks (an article in June 3rd's USA Today rekindled my personal concerns over this), CN is addressing the issue very carefully. The intention is for the last hour of Toonami, the 10PM-11PM slot, to contain programming that could potentially cross into the TV-PG rating (this is because the FCC allows more mature content past 10PM, so even if the FCC gains cable oversight, CN is safe). This would allow for the airing of more mature content that would allow better preservation of anime that would air in this slot (as cuts are a constant concern of anime fans). With the prospect of the remastered Dragon Ball Z airing in this slot with a TV-PG rating, there is a possibility that Naruto will also be made to fit the more-liberal TV-PG rating rather than its norm: the tight TV-Y7 rating.

4. Dubbing of the series will take place in California, at Studiopolis in Los Angeles (the same studio that dubbed Zatch Bell). This is promising because most people would agree that California talent is the highest quality in anime dubs. It has been confirmed that Steven Jay Blum (recognized for many roles familiar to [as] and Toonami fans) will play the role of Kakashi. It is also confirmed that the voice of the main character has been cast; however, little is known of the actor/actress other than that he/she is believed to be relatively new to the business. Vic Mignogna (Ed Elric, Fullmetal Alchemist) is also interested in the series but, to date, no role has been confirmed for him.

5. Viz will take responsibility for the editing of content, rather than CN. Depending on CN's input, the fineness of the editing, and the rating targer, things may or may not be altered. If the series is edited with a TV-PG rating in mind (as is hoped), the editing will be reduced to an acceptable minimum. We currently have no hard facts concerning the editing, but can make educated guesses about the nature of the content should a TV-PG rating be targeted:

a.) The display of blood will be allowed so long as it is not flowing or spurting (it is believed that a sensitive scene concerning a self-stab of the hand will remain in place). This would allow almost all depictions of violence to be portrayed as is.
b.) The "Sexy no Jutsu" technique and any depictions of an indecent nature will be tastefully obscured. As such a move is already made in the Naruto videogames, most see this as a small and acceptable sacrifice. Note that this is different from voyeurism and other near-indecent activities--these should remain as is.
c.) Subtle depictions of possible homosexual relationships between characters will remain in place, as will the gender of any cross-dressed characters.
d.) Issues of drinking remain unclear. It is unknown whether or not the TV-PG rating allows for the depiction of accidental underage drunkenness, as underage drunkenness in itself would be a morally-sensitive issue.

6. Viz assures us that they will release completely uncut versions of the episodes on DVD, complete with the original voice tracks.

7. This is currently only conjecture, but one backed by strong corroborating facts. Taking a page from Rurouni Kenshin, the unique Japanese terminologies employed in techniques, titles, and so on will remain intact, as will the character names. This conjecture is supported by the move by Viz Comics to adjust the text of the Naruto manga to support such an unaltered transition.
foolmetal alchemist
Woah, that was a long, but very impressive, explanation. It sounds very true also.
BakaOnna
QUOTE(Kagebu @ Jun 12 2005, 04:20 PM)
c.) Subtle depictions of possible homosexual relationships between characters will remain in place, as will the gender of any cross-dressed characters.

would that mean that they will keep the kiss scene in episode 2? for some reason, i doubt they will. dry.gif
the_lightning_alchemist10
Well, I read the summery the CN website gave and it sounds all about "friendship" and such. *sigh* I'm afriad it might, I reapeat MIGHT, end up like One Peice. I really,really, REALLY hope not.
PS the site also said it's supposed to air 9/10 on Toonami.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.