Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I Got/am Getting FMA Tattoo On Me!
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1)
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
shibishibi
I NEEEEEEDD help, I'm seriously thinking of getting a tatoo of one of the transmutation circles or any kind of art that appears in the series, I think they look awesome specially the one that Ed was going to use to create the stone on laboratory 5(I can't remeber the episode right now;) well, if anyone knows about a website with transmutation C. pics please send them to me!!!!!!. by the way if anyone leaves in stockton send me your messenger screen name mine is dj_quiksilver2000@hotmail.com.

SHIBI SHIBI!!!!!!!1
Gashole
@shibishibi

How old are you? You may want to think about it carefully. It seems cool now, but later in your life you might think FMA is the stupidest/crappiest/etc. show and kick yourself on the head everyday for bearing that tattoo.
Ailuro
@Gashole
Agreed. Its not wise to get a tattoo on a whim. You could have deep regrets later on in life.
xrninja
@shibishibi

and when you get old, saggy, and wrinkly, the circle won't look like a circle anymore.
Gashole
@xrninja

Good point. I'd like to see those guys with tattoos all over their body 20 years from now.
Thievesvinegar
@shibishibi

wasnt there another person who did the tattoo in this forum?

I say go for it.
Gashole
@Thievesvinegar

^ The Voice of Evil. wink.gif

Meh, well. I'm not really altogether against tattoo. I'm thinking of getting a Bush's face on my arm.
Thievesvinegar
@Gashole

you're not good enough for it.

Seriously, tattoos are something i like and would like to get one just as i find a worthy one. I'm thinking about something in old eastern scripture (buddism, maybe) that is prayer for humanity, or somehting of the like.

i cannot stand piercings. I can tolerate them, but chirst....
Lady Battousai
@shibishibi

Ouch, whatever tatoo it's going to be it's your choice but everyone has already warn you so it's your choice to accept it or decline the offer.

unsure.gif anyway, talking about getting tatoos and piercing gives me the creeps.

Bye for now!
Oyako
@Fruit

What do you mean by Latin??? (no words?)

I'm guessing that all that there is bunch of old alchemy symbols.. . and symbology (heads up to Dan Brown readers) is not a maintstream thing. Don't know where to look for that... sorrys.
Fruit
hmmm well im sure theres a few words written in latin in the gaps or the big wavey circular part lol, but alas....neh

o well nm, thanks anyway
RoyxRiza BigFan
@Fruit

hey not bad..keep working on it @W@
shibishibi
People, PEoPLE!!!! what is wrong with you? I just wanted to get help on getting the pictures and now you are all lecturing me on why I should not get a tatoo, I'm 20 years old and I think I know darn well what I'm doing. Anyways I get what you are trying to say, but I'm not gonna get ED's OR AL's face tatooed (is it with 2 Ts or 2 Os) I want to get one that looks like a tribal or something like that, is not lke everybody watches FMA (although they should;). OH AND ABOUT THAT BUSH TATOO IN YOUR ARM LADY, MIGHT AS WELL GET HITLER'S IN THE OTHER ONE (just a thought...)Thanks for your help anyways and please
Bling_bling_Angel
QUOTE(shibishibi @ Nov 10 2004, 10:14 PM)
People, PEoPLE!!!! what is wrong with you? I just wanted to get help on getting the pictures and now you are all lecturing me on why I should not get a tatoo, I'm 20 years old and I think I know darn well what I'm doing. Anyways I get what you are trying to say, but I'm not gonna get ED's OR AL's face tatooed (is it with 2 Ts or 2 Os) I want to get one that looks like a tribal or something like that, is not lke everybody watches FMA (although they should;). OH AND ABOUT THAT BUSH TATOO IN YOUR ARM LADY, MIGHT AS WELL GET HITLER'S IN THE OTHER ONE (just a thought...)Thanks for your help anyways and please

Okay, okay, I apologize on behalf of everyone here... calm yourself... we juss don't like hearing people doing crazy things here that they'll later regret... Although, I believe almost all of us have, at some point or another... X3...

Yeah, it actually sounds cool... as for the pattern, try goin 2 the Manga downloads in this website... every Manga chapters starts with Ed' Serpent Cross...

Take care on what ever it is you decide to do with this plan of yours...
Fruit
Thanks smile.gif, the majority of its done, its rather...hard to get the last bit, there is what looks like a few shards of random lines on his shoulder, but i can't get a good enough pic to re-draw them. But this is what i'v redone so far, almost there.....and tomorrow im getting a mask for this made by my tatoo-ist, so hopefully i'll have the first few bands done
AoiSora
@Fruit
May I help? This is only the 6 point array. I can scan the 8 point one if you want that one instead. Also if you want to get it in a higher res, I can scan it again and e-mail it to you. Just PM me you email address and perfered res (it is at 200 but I think photobucket compressed it again)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/Aoi...c/scararray.jpg

and in case you can't read it...

the loops

dop sie,
aa ca

in the middle

TERRA
A
Ndan,
colia

with the capitals and commas just like that.. but fancy font

forget it.. (i can't get the spacing right so...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/Aoi...array-close.jpg
Queen of the dammed
@Fruit

Whoa.... Show us the tatto when it's done!!! biggrin.gif
Fruit
My god lol....thats F**king awesome....where did u find it?, to late now, the tatoo-ist is drawing it up, so im gonna have my one on my left arm, and after christmas, i'll have your one on my back....cause its quite abit different from the one in the actual pic i'v got from scar, where he's stroking the chimera...dog...elle thingy.

At least u'v done me a huge favour and now i can tell him what to write inside it.

TERRA
A
Ndan
Colia

now that is Colia right?, and not Colta...and do we have a literaly translation for it?

but if u wanna email over the high rest one, and any others u'v got lol....if there big send em to gungygussit@gmail.com

if there smaller than 1mb total, send em to thee_fruit@hotmail.com

Thanks bud, i owe u one lol

*EDIT*

Hmmm, been comparing the two arrays, my one, your one, and the one from the cartoon pic.....and there all different lol, obviously my one is closer to the cartoon as i'v salvaged mine from it....but ur one is "l33t" and im gonna get it on my back and all but if u look the 3 spikes like devil tales, arch in below the wavey band with the writing, but on your one, they dont arch in....more outwards.

And the wavey band is upside down to that of the pic...odd, i guess they couldn't draw it the same everytime
AoiSora
@Fruit

Sorry to hear that is to late for your arm, But now for your back, hmm?? You must be a really big scar fan to get it tatooed on you!

And I got the scan from the Materials collection book. But like I said, I have the 8 point array too if you want it. And yes, it think it would be pretty hard to make that look the same in every frame! It is a complex design!
Fruit
I was abit pissed at first when i saw the one u showed me earlier lol.....but im not now, when i realised there both good but different. I love your one and i love mine, if i had the one u showed on my arm it'd probably cost about 600 pounds lol, dunno where ur from.....but he only wanted 150 for my one....dunno about yours yet

lol, u could do me a huge favour and scan your entire book lol.....make it into pdf and i'll give u...love?

post that 8 pointed array in here to, i bet it looks well cool.....btw, do we have any sort of conversion of what the text is inside the pentagram, my mate said its part latin....but not all?
AoiSora
@Fruit

As requested the 8point array:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/Aoi...rray-8point.jpg

oh btw I emailed you the bigger ones.

And er.. i don't think I will be scanning the whole book. 128 pages to scan is not my idea of a fun time! even if it is Hagaren! but you can order one if you like

http://www.animaxis.com/en/shop/product.as...sku=127772%2D00
Fruit
ah bugger it....i looked on ebay, and otaku.com.....its about a total of 50 dollars, and im in england and i can't find it anywhere lol....so i'll just give up and rely on donations of pages lol
Rakuyou
@Fruit

I'm thinking of the same thing to!
When are you planning on doing it? Had been cool to see it live first.
Fruit
YEY FOR ME!

i love it....here it is, i'll take the pics now before it starts scabbing and weeping lol

IPB Image
[img]http://www.mrblades.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/image2.jpg[/img]

i say it again, yey for me
RoyxRiza BigFan
@Fruit
WOAH! good one there! the rest of your life its gonna be there! >W<..gotta work on those muscles to get the scar badssness ke ke ke
xXAlphonseXx
@Fruit

... lol... Is taht marker or Tattoo? lol
Fruit
LOL, that would be a tatoo....if ur gonna be the next person to say "wow, u'v got that there forever" u can goto hell right now lol, i love it....im contemplating getting the same on my other arm lol, and yes to.....the girl above lol, i gotta get some fat arse muscles in my arms, and i might have surgery on my face....have them put a big X scar in....(j/k)

*edit*

btw, i found out from a mate what the last part of the wording means, we know the;

Terra = Earth/God/Life
A = ?
Ndan = reign/destruction/doom/birth/life
Colia = man/walker/beast/person

So im guessing it means, something like - God dooms man, or beast.....probably something to do with the symbolism of alchemy i guess lol, theres no god damn literal translation....is there actually a fma official site?
Raziel
@Fruit

Which language should this be? Its not latin nor german nor japanese nor russish and it doesnt look like greek either
Fruit
Well terra is latin for earth as i said, but im sure it means other things as well....it isn't japanese, or anything i know of....is there no official website where i can contact somone and ferken ask em lol
Sheco
I got an uroboros tattoo in the chest I kinda mixed the anime's uroboros with the manga's uroboros, sketched it and got it done, it's not perfect, but I like it.

IPB Image
Rakuyou
QUOTE(Sheco @ Nov 17 2004, 09:57 PM)
I got an uroboros tattoo in the chest I kinda mixed the anime's uroboros with the manga's uroboros, sketched it and got it done, it's not perfect, but I like it.

IPB Image

Ahhh I was at the tatoo shop yesterday and showed them the orobus as well!
They charged 200$ for it tho, so I couldn't afford it. Later, if I get to another cheaper shop I'll prolly get it for around 100$ then I'll go for it.
Guest_Fruit
@Rakuyou

200$......thats pretty damn expensive, concidering mine was roughly 200 dollars....and it takes up my entire arm lol, and took 2 and a half hours......where on ur chestis that?, i bet it hurt, when he moved the needle round to the underside of my arm on the thin skin it absolutly killed...
Sheco
Its on the left side of the chest, around the heart area.

It was only a little painfull when it reached the wings.. I thought it was piercing my bone (it wasnt even near the bone, its like 1 inch below), by the way... I only paid like 40 dollars for it. (I'm mexican I guess mexican tattoos are cheaper) it is like an inch and a half long and 2 inches tall.

I was thinking about getting a little flamel on top of it, but there's not enough space and it will definietively reach the bone. (I'm quite skinny)

Just yesterday I read that the chest is one of the most painful areas to get a tattoo on, but I have a nice pain resistance.
Spartan-Church
@Fruit

Nice idea for a tattoo. Scar's tattoo is pretty awesome, Especially since Scar is one of my favorite guys from FMA. Nice choice. Latin? Sorry pal, I don't know anything in Latin.
Fruit
lol......does that mean im ur new favourite guy, ineed a ferken email address of the artist that designed it or something lol, so i can get some sort of pic of the rest that moves up his arm, what most people dont notice is that it reaches the top of his shoulder....i must have it all
Rakuyou
@Fruit

Isn't it suppose to go all-around the arm btw?
Fruit
yeah....but, some bits do and some bits dont, the windy band does....but it would have cost 4x as much for something somones never gonna see....cause its under the arm, thats a weak point...so its not often exposed for view or attack lol
Sheco
@Fruit

Dont understimate the hidden side of the arm, it's not that hidden.. I actually have a 3 inch long scar there (near the wrist, actually) (I had an operation because of an accident) and believe me.. people notice.
Sheco
the 8 point array provided by aioSora is pretty cool, I'm thinking about getting the upper area as an anklet, and the array in the back.

Anyway, does anyone know what that array means? I wouldnt get a tattoo without knowing its meaning (I did a lot of research about the uroboros and Its cool)
Fruit
its an alchemy array lol......gotta be something demonic, related to the will or wrath of god. Involved with a hint of creation/destruction, perhaps even some abominations. I dont think you can really pinpoint each array to a meaning, if u could this one would just be something that a japanese person drew
hagane_no_tokage
mad.gif i've checked several search engines, but i can't find any good images of the circles... does anyone have a few or know where i can find some good images to do some body art? onegai shimaaaasu!!!
Senefen
@Fruit

Terra most often means Earth(not the planet) or land especialy in the most recent latin eg. Terra Nulius ment "empty land", it was one of Australia's unoffical names along with New Holland back before it became Australia. But I'm by no means a latin expert ^^, I'm just saying what I learnt in History class.

Terra = Earth/God/Life
A = ?

Reminds me of the 3 parts of alchemy Creation (God - Ishvara was the creator god), Destruction, and knowledge (man and the gate)
Fruit
Hmmmm you could be right.....thats it, im sick and tired of this, time to travel to japan and kidnappe the fma artists. They'll know, and they'll spill the beans or perish by my arm.
Cloud28
i was planning to draw that on my arm, but failed ... sad.gif
Fruit
lol u failed....with did u end up drawing a barbie or something...
Le Monkey
@Fruit

i cant see the pictures!!
from what i can see it will be cool.
can u email them to me @ lemonkey1988@hotmail.com please!!!

That is such a kick ass idea, nice one!!
Weirdo
@Fruit

the meaning of is (already read the others partialy right)

Terra: Land
A: and
Ndan: Reign
Colia: Sky

Land and reign sky

since its not a complete sentence you could change ti to go like

Land and the reign of the sky
The reing of sky and land

and there r other meanings they could also be greek words which terra is the same thing in greek but not Ndan and Colia

Ndan is the religious word for Adam from the garden in greek colia is The End
dragonflame327
@Fruit

I think it's Reign of Land and Sky. Why? Philospher's Stone controls all with it's power and promise of power.
Fruit
Sorry about that lol, you should now be able to see them.

I was clearing my ftp of crap and i must have removed em accidentally.

I'll post em again here anyway.

IPB Image
IPB Image
the meaning of is (already read the others partialy right)

Terra: Land
A: and
Ndan: Reign
Colia: Sky

Land and reign sky

since its not a complete sentence you could change ti to go like

Land and the reign of the sky
The reing of sky and land

and there r other meanings they could also be greek words which terra is the same thing in greek but not Ndan and Colia

Ndan is the religious word for Adam from the garden in greek colia is The End

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but this isn't right.

Terra is ok, but "a" in Latin means "from" (a place or time) or "away from" (a place) or "since" (a time) or "by" (as in "cursed by those men" not "cursed by swearing a lot" or "stood by those men") (as well as a few other uses), "caelum" (plural caela) means sky, and "regnare" (verb) or "regnum" (noun) means reign. So: "Terra et regnum caeli" (Land and reign of sky) or "Regnum caeli et terrae" (Reign of sky and land). Also, if this really was Latin, you couldn't just rearrange the words, even if it wasn't a complete sentence. The word always indicates what part of speech it is. Thus, "terra" would have to be the subject of the sentence, and colia could be either a plural subject, a plural direct object, a singular subject, or the object of "a", depending on what the word actually is (hard to tell since it doesn't seem to be a real Latin word).

Terra = Earth/God/Life
A = ?

Same deal down here: god=deus, reign=regnare, destruction=exitium, doom=fatum or damnare, birth=partus, life=vita, man=homo or vir, walker=ambulator or incessor, beast=bestia or belua, person=homo or persona.

"Colia" and "Ndan" aren't Latin words as far as I know.

This may be Greek, though I don't really know any Greek so I can't help there.

Also, the smaller words aren't Latin either, at least I don't recognize them and I can't find anything similar in my dictionary. I do know, though, that "aa" is a Hawaiian term for a certain kind of lava, and "ca" is short for "circa" from the Latin word for "around" commonly used for dates, as in "So-and-so was born ca. 1860"

I really wish I could have been of more help. sad.gif But all I can tell you here is what it ISN'T and that arm isn't Latin.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.