Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I Got/am Getting FMA Tattoo On Me!
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1)
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Carmencita
Oh my effing gosh people! Doesn't it hurt to get a tattoo!? I'd be scared as hell!
Chiyo
Yes, it hurts, but it is bearable and everyone has different levels of pain they can cope with. Also with a tattoo, where you are getting it done makes a great deal of difference as to how much you can feel it. I have the Flamel cross on my thigh and barely felt a thing because the muscle is thicker, but somewhere like an ankle is against bone and needle reaches nerve endings easier.
xHearter
Well, my mom would kill me If I got a tattoo, but I wanna get a humunculi symbol on my hand. if I were a sin, i'd be greed.
xMinty
I want to get a humunculous symbol on my cheek or forehead n die my hair black and wear purple contacts and stop going out in the sunlight and become!!!!:

A HUMUNCULOUS!!

idk what sin I would be um hm what do you think xHearter?
(she's my sister she knows me!! O.<)
Banana_ExtremisT
got mine done a week and a half ago still healing doesnt look very good yet

heres some pics i took 24 hours after i got it done

ScarMySoul
@ Banana ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif That looks so amazing!!!
Banana_ExtremisT
QUOTE (ScarMySoul @ Jun 30 2010, 06:21 AM) *
@ Banana ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif That looks so amazing!!!

i just found this pic on google printed it at this digital photo place and the tattoo artist did the rest

ScarMySoul
@ Banana Well the artist made it look good... Nice choice of where to place it as well.. tongue.gif

I wanted to get the dark mark from Harry Potter on my arm like where your FMA tattoo is... but I think i"m going to settle with finishing my LOTR tattoos on my wrist happy.gif
Banana_ExtremisT
i come 2 canada 2 get a medical check up i got the tattoo done in winnipeg its a very a small city theres really nothing here, but they have good hospitals when comes 2 cancer (i had it)

anyways i used the design i showed u and i went the best tattoo parlor here its called soul survivors they do walk-ins on saturdays otherwise it would of taken a month 2 get a spot

the guy told me it would be $200 dollars CAD but he only charged me $160 CAD ,i think the price depends on the mood of the tattoo artist , think he liked me so he gave me a discount.
ScarMySoul
QUOTE (Banana_ExtremisT @ Jun 30 2010, 02:28 PM) *
i come 2 canada 2 get a medical check up i got the tattoo done in winnipeg its a very a small city theres really nothing here, but they have good hospitals when comes 2 cancer (i had it)

anyways i used the design i showed u and i went the best tattoo parlor here its called soul survivors they do walk-ins on saturdays otherwise it would of taken a month 2 get a spot

the guy told me it would be $200 dollars CAD but he only charged me $160 CAD ,i think the price depends on the mood of the tattoo artist , think he liked me so he gave me a discount.

Awesome! My tattoos cost me about $80 US! Glad you don't have cancer anymore! ohmy.gif
Banana_ExtremisT
QUOTE (ScarMySoul @ Jun 30 2010, 07:05 PM) *
QUOTE (Banana_ExtremisT @ Jun 30 2010, 02:28 PM) *

Awesome! My tattoos cost me about $80 US! Glad you don't have cancer anymore! ohmy.gif

thanks man!
xHearter
QUOTE (xMinty @ Jun 21 2010, 05:57 PM) *
I want to get a humunculous symbol on my cheek or forehead n die my hair black and wear purple contacts and stop going out in the sunlight and become!!!!:

A HUMUNCULOUS!!

idk what sin I would be um hm what do you think xHearter?
(she's my sister she knows me!! O.<)

um, i think either sloth, or pride.

QUOTE (Banana_ExtremisT @ Jun 29 2010, 11:17 PM) *
got mine done a week and a half ago still healing doesnt look very good yet

heres some pics i took 24 hours after i got it done

WOW! I envy yew!! >.<
change of sin. xD Envy mode.
that looks great!
crimson carnival
First I want to say hello, I just signed up because I wanted to look at those awesome tattoos you got (I only read page 4 so far but Kursed's Tattoo was the most amazing for me *_* respect!)
I know that I'm still very young but when I'm 16 I want to get Riza's Tattoo no matter what ^^ Why? Not only because I love FMA but also because I think it's really amazing, I already read all of angelalgena's research about the tattoo (which can be found under her image of Riza's full tattoo: http://angelalegna.deviantart.com/gallery/...path=/#/dvwhm5) and now I just can't wait to get it. Another point is that I'm also a fire zodiac and my zodiac (aries) is very important for me and my whole life (doesn't believe in horoscopes, though).
A Pierrot's Aria
A very warm welcome to the forum, Crimson Carnival (awesome username!) Why not introduce yourself to everyone? smile.gif

And Riza's tattoo is a heck of a tattoo...it's very awesome and if you're getting it all on your back you're a braver soul than I. laugh.gif
EdokunEdo
I only wish i had the guts, but when im able to i wanna get a ouroborus where envy has his/hers and a elric symbol on my shoulder
FullMetalFist
I want Scar's tat, but it would coast a boat load, and I am not sold that I actually want any tattoo.
Jewbat
Okay, so I'll be honest, so far I'm reading through the entire thread (currently at page 12) and I'm looking at the pictures of the tattoo that Scar has on his right arm.

I'm confused, because I'm seeing two distinctly different tattoos. I know this is because the one on his arm in the 2003 anime is the Grand Arcanum, which has no part in the manga/2009 anime. Does anyone have a picture that could be used to tattoo the design from his arm from the MANGA/2009 ANIME by any chance?

Also, a thought occured to me as well. Has anyone thought about getting the Flame Alchemy tattoo that is on Riza's back? Where would I go about seeing a good version of that? In addition, does anyone have the second tattoo Scar gets? The reconstruction tattoo? That one looks great too!
Tombow
@Jewbat - Welcome to our board! ^^ I'm in no way an FMA tattoo expert, and I'm not quite sure the difference you're talking about... but, since no one seems to be responding to your post....
here are some pics from manga

And, this (click for large size image) drawing is by ulTrawaZer on Deviantart, and I got it from this post.

As for Riza's tattoo, this one is really nice and clean vector of "restored" version where burned part is supplemented, and if you're interested, this one is interesting reading on Riza's tattoo.

I know we have some members who've done nice research on Scar's Tattoos, and I hope some of them will come around and can help you sometime. smile.gif
Jewbat
QUOTE (Tombow @ May 7 2011, 07:46 PM) *
@Jewbat - ...I'm in no way an FMA tattoo expert, and I'm not quite sure the difference you're talking about... but, since no one seems to be responding to your post....

...I know we have some members who've done nice research on Scar's Tattoos, and I hope some of them will come around and can help you sometime. smile.gif

Thank you! I'm most likely not going to get a tattoo anytime soon, however I am arching any and all pictures and information I can find for the day I decide to get one. Just in case. Thanks again!
nightydayo
thank you for the riza's tattoo vector, tombow! i was searching for the clean version of it smile.gif
jewbat - here's the vector version of scar's tattoos, hope it helps;

and it's so nice to see other people getting fma tattoos! here's the photo of mine (flame array), i got it done a few years ago so it really needs a refresh ORZ now i tink about getting al's bloody seal done too!
Tombow
^ Glad I could help, and thank you so much for the vector of Scar's tattoo, nightydayo!
Your tattoo looks very nice! biggrin.gif
Moe Jonesy
Good morning,

I'm trying to find a good design layout for scars tattoo.

NOT the reconstruction arm, I've found plenty of that in this thread, but that's not the one I'm looking for.

I attached a copy of the most accurate tattoo i've seen so far online, and trust me I've been looking for hours. Most have the tattoo with the transmutation circle around it. Every manga image, or anime scene I've seen of scars tattoo, none have that circle, so I want to maintain the accuracy as much as possible. either way i dont like how it looks with the circle

I already have the Ororobus on my back, I love it, now I want scars right arm of destruction tattoo.

if anyone has a really clear either picture, or layout of scars tattoo that is accurate I will love you forever, and i will mail you something nifty from Japan before I leave.

Thank you in advance

not my tattoo, but it's pretty much exactly what I want. i just need either an extended arm so it's clear for me to show to the tattoo artist, or one laid on on paper.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Tombow
Welcome to our board, Moe Jonesy!
About Scar's tattoo: nightydayo has kindly posted a nice render of Scar's tattoo above.

Let me re-post here ^^: (Click on the thumbnail, then click again on "+" for full-size view)

Does this help? Or, are you looking for something-else? unsure.gif Let us know if this helps. ^^
Moe Jonesy
Tombow, thanks for the greeting, it looks great, thank you.
Tombow
Glad that one helps, Moe Jonesy. Post the pic of yours when/if you get the Scar's tattoo, and share it with us, please! biggrin.gif
TheDrummerWithTheAutoMail
Well I have a couple ideas for the kind of FMA tattoo I wanna get. But the one I want to get is Roy's transmutation circle on my right hand from his battle with Lust. (Tried to keep it from spoiling anything, although I'm pretty sure everyone knows what happens at the end) so if anyone has some sort of reference for me that'd be amazing.
Jewbat
Is there anyone who has a high resolution picture of this circle:

A Pierrot's Aria
@TheDrummerWithTheAutoMail Do you literally just want clear a picture of the transmutation circle on Roy's glove to tattoo on your hand, or do you actually want to make it look like it's carved into your hand? ohmy.gif

@Jewbat You mean a vector like this one? (Although that one seems to have two pentagons included that aren't in the pic you posted...) Or are you looking for a higher resolution of the pic you posted? ohmy.gif
TheDrummerWithTheAutoMail
Well what i wanted was one that looked like it was carved into my hand.
Jewbat
QUOTE (A Pierrot's Aria @ Jul 27 2011, 02:39 PM) *
@TheDrummerWithTheAutoMail Do you literally just want clear a picture of the transmutation circle on Roy's glove to tattoo on your hand, or do you actually want to make it look like it's carved into your hand? ohmy.gif

@Jewbat You mean a vector like this one? (Although that one seems to have two pentagons included that aren't in the pic you posted...) Or are you looking for a higher resolution of the pic you posted? ohmy.gif

That's rather close, but what I am looking for is a clear vector of that so I might either put it into games or artwork, so a vector of that exact transmutation circle would be perfect. Thank you for anything you find!
dtecnique
What's happening everyone... Here's a picture of my latest tattoo... Looking into getting the full on scar tattoo next..

Click to view attachment

QUOTE (Moe Jonesy @ Jul 14 2011, 06:01 PM) *
Good morning,

I'm trying to find a good design layout for scars tattoo.

NOT the reconstruction arm, I've found plenty of that in this thread, but that's not the one I'm looking for.

What about this one??

Click to view attachment
Tombow
Welcome to our board, dtecnique!

Nice Ouroboros tattoo you got there! Thanks for sharing the pic! biggrin.gif
dtecnique
Thank you Tombow

ETA:

Does anyone know what the following stands for?

Cah
Bue
Aer
V
Snon
glus
hu
ma
Merlyn LeRoy
I managed to find these links that talk about Scar's tattoo, part of which come back to fullmetal-alchemist.com forums…

Boiling down speculation from the above two links…

"Terra A Ndan Colia" could be "Land and reign sky" (literally, Terra=land A=and Ndan=reign Colia=sky)

However, it looks more like the surrounding "dop la" and "sic ca" are part of it.

"dop la" may mean "after the" ("dop" is questionable, but dopo is "after" in Italian)
"sic ca" may be "sic circa", sic=thus, circa=around (in English, usually meaning "around <date>")
"colia" may be "kolia" = "voice of god"

So putting them in the mix, you have:
"dopo la terra sic circa a ndan, kolia"
or "After the land in the time of Adam, the voice of God"
with "After the land in the time of Adam" probably meaning the afterlife.

Not much about the other phrase, but putting that together in the same pattern:
"cah bue aer hu ma v snon, glus"

cah=?battle bue=?arch aer=sky v=versus, rest is unknown unless "hu ma" is "human"
KelticWolf
I am looking for Scar's arm tattoo from Brotherhood. There are two different lay outs posted. which one is it? The one above has less repetitive, so I personally think it looks better, but I am looking for the EXACT version of Scar's Arm from Brotherhood. My problem is everybody seems to have a different version of Scar's tattoo. Thanks

Also if anybody could identify where these versions comes from, that would be sweet.

Also if an Admin could delete my old thread that would be great :3 Thank you.
Appbit
Can any1 help me find the words used on the transmutation circle al uses to bring Ed back to life on the last episode of the original series? Please help
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.