Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I Got/am Getting FMA Tattoo On Me!
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1)
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Tombow
QUOTE (Technomancer @ Apr 28 2009, 03:44 PM) *
Hiya everyone. Here's my introduction I guess...

I came across (and trolled) this forum months ago, and have read a lot of good threads. I had to finally post though, because last night I got my first FMA tattoo (actually first tattoo period!!). A great artist named Jonathan Pitcher at 1st Amendment in Augusta, GA did it.

Without further delay....ta da...my first ink!
(it's fresh so it's still sort of swollen and shiny..sorry about that, I couldn't wait to share it with people who would actually know what it is lol)

@Technomancer - Welcome to our board!! biggrin.gif
Wow, near perfect circle!! Very impressive! ^^
fullmoon
@Kursed: Wow! It looks amazing! Such beautiful colors and i love how it's so vibrant. happy.gif

That's very brave of you =D, it must have hurt getting it done >_<.

I can't wait to see it completed! ^w^
TheLostAlchemist
way past cool tattoo!!! ^0^
(though the thing about tatoos are is that u dont know where the needles been, and just cause they cleaned it means nothing. the tattooist should always use a new needle on a new patient. i mean what if the last patient is sick or has some thing. and the other thing is the ink isnt good for your skin or u and its permeant so think about it. im just saying my own opinion though. if u want a tattoo get one im not stopping u! ^-^)
colendrum
hello everybody!!
i did this one recently .. i hope i can post it in this post Subject...
i mixed FMa tatoo and Cancerian Sign ^^

Tsugumi
One day I saw a boy with a ouroborus tatoo.
Kursed
Hey everyone...

Sleeve is STILLLLlllllll going... I've been slack and haven't taken any photo's but everyone is coloured, I've only the very inside of my arm left to go and I'm going with the famous pic of Winry with her spanner and the wink... Nearly opted for Armstrong posing. But I'm back tonight for another 3 hours then fly interstate for the boxing so early next week I'll post.

I'll take a picture and post it soon, been kinda tied up with a thousand other things. I'm actually flying to Japan in October to get a massive back tattoo by Sabado in Nagoya (I'm counting the days I'm sooo excited) I'm getting Shenron from Dragon Ball among other things.

The next most exciting thing is I'm running a tattoo competition down here in Melbourne Australia in October at Armageddon !!!
It's going to be all Anime / Movie / Comic / Sci-fi & Tele / Gaming tattoo's. It's called 'SuperInk Tattoo Competition.' I've gotta create a group on Facebook today to get started and Armageddon are gonna have some details on the site soon. I'ld love for everyone here to jump on and post pics of their Fullmetal Alchemist Tatt's !!! (if you're on Facebook - I'm 'Kursed STEWART' add me.) I'll add a link once it's done and up and running.

Finally in regards to the post about needles, tattooist use new needles for each person, very rarely are they sterilizing needles now. They sterilize all the other equipment due to blood splatter etc but there's no longer a need to worry about dirty needles unless you go to a dodgy tattoo parlor or get backyard tattooing. Last time I checked the needles were only $10 AUD or so, that was years ago, they are probably a little cheaper nowadays.

Loving the sleeve color is great !!!!
Edstrom
Just as some other person in this thread, I'm searching for a better view (and the text!) of Scar's brothers left arm in the manga. I've made up my mind and will most likely have it done.
I'm actually placing a bounty here - anyone who can help me find the stuff I need in any way will get 20$ from me, and that's money I'm happy to give away after many long hours of googling and searching thrugh artbooks and message boards...
Kursed
Hey guys,

Here you go....

Well this is the inside of my arm... Winry... outline and then color, excuse the blood in her mouth... You can see part of Lust now coloured, but I still don't have a decent pic of Ed and Al now that the colour is all done. Will most more soon, so you guys can get a better look. At this stage I have on more sitting in a week and then a touch up so that I can get Al to stand out a little more as it's a little dark around the Ed and Al image. Hope you guys like it. Winry is gonna have a pink back ground, as a night sky to link up with the green. ANDDD !!!!!! On Friday past I was the first ever heavily tattooed ring card girl for Pro Boxing fight in Sydney Australia (Shannan Taylor). !!!! I'll post a pic if I get a nice one of me doing Round One in the ring.... !!
P.s. I don't have tuck shop arms... my arm instantly swells up with bruising when I get tattooed so my arm is swollen heaps in these pics.1

YAY !!!
[size="4"][/size][font="Georgia"][/font]
FullMetal1982
Does anyone have any pictures of Scar that shows his tattoo in good detail? I'm having trouble finding any and I want to get his tattoo. I have seen the ones on here and have a good idea, but I want some pictures of him as well. Send them to Blackdragon6_6@yahoo.com if you do. Please and thank you.
FullMetalFist
I really do want an FMA tattoo, its just I am always buying anime dvds. It doesn't not leave a lot to spend on a tattoo. Of course I could get a little bit done every so often, I'm going to do it eventually.
Kursed
Hi,

Thought I would throw in another pic of my tatt.. this pic has great color, so much better than the pics taken on my phone and was taken so that you can see my cat tattooed on my arm.
Enjoy.

Kursed
kkg22104
@ Kursed: That's a pretty cool tattoo! You've got a cute cat too biggrin.gif :3
Lajita
WOAH.

That is a fricken' sweet tatoo! :O
layniebug
dude that is awesome...i want the same one in a different spot but am currently **ahem** underage dry.gif
Kursed
HEY EVERYONE !!!

Great news... !!!! My tattoo competition is kicking off !!! Unfortunelty it's in Melbourne Australia in October but I would LOVEEEE!!!! If everyone here with a FMA tattoo posts a pic of their art onto my Facebook Event....

It's called SuperInk Tattoo Comp. There's a section for Anime Tattoo's however I obviously can't go entering my tattoo. Hopefully by October I'll have a huge Dragon Ball tattoo & possibly a Ranma or Keroro one...

I hope this link works. Post, add me as a friend !!!

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/event.p...8090&ref=mf

OR... check out www.armageddonexpo.com and go to special events and find the tattoo comp. It's gonna be great.. I hope I can find some FMA fans down here in Australia. I ran into the very first person who knew what my tattoo was yesterday.. His kids watch it... =(
Technomancer
QUOTE (Tombow @ Apr 29 2009, 01:23 AM) *
@Technomancer - Welcome to our board!! biggrin.gif
Wow, near perfect circle!! Very impressive! ^^

@Tombow: The circle is actually perfect...it's the small of my back that is curved lol. rolleyes.gif

Thank you for the welcome! Maybe I'll actually have time to get on here and chat sometime between work and school!

@Kursed: OMG, everytime I look at your tat I am more and more impressed. The artist is amazing and your a real trooper to sit through so much color and shading. Amazing tattoo.
crazyanimefan
Holy crap, Kursed, that takes guts and a rather high tolerance for pain. I'm pretty sure it'll look amazing! I'm imagining fans taking pictures at Cons and VAs flipping out over it's awesomeness. happy.gif One question: how much did it cost? With all the color and detail, it sounds like it'd be really expensive.
Kursed
QUOTE (crazyanimefan @ Jun 11 2009, 01:11 PM) *
Holy crap, Kursed, that takes guts and a rather high tolerance for pain. I'm pretty sure it'll look amazing! I'm imagining fans taking pictures at Cons and VAs flipping out over it's awesomeness. happy.gif One question: how much did it cost? With all the color and detail, it sounds like it'd be really expensive.

[color="#FF00FF"][/color]Hello.... It's now finished so I'll try get some pics up today or early next week. The outline took 8 hours, & I had a further 7 sittings that were booked in for 3 hours but were probably around 2 hours each. So we'll go with about 30 hours all up. My tattooist charges $100 AUD a hour which is actually quite cheap for the prices some places are charging at the moment... I didn't actually make note of exactly how much it cost over the last couple of months but she'ld give me a bit of a discount so I probably paid $2 K or something like that.

Colour and detail doesn't make a difference in price, it's purely a charge by the hour business, unless you are getting something small, then other factors start playing a part in it.

I'm booked in with a Japanese Tattooist called Sabado in Japan in October. I'm expecting to pay twice as much per hour and I'm doing 10 hour sittings.
hand-made-city
Everyone's tattoos look great! I desperately want to see someone get Riza's tattoo!!! I considered it for a while... but then I realized it would take a lot of work...... and I prefer to design my own tattoos! Hoping to get my first one done this summer!
Kursed
Hey everyone... I'm so sorry i've been slack in getting pics of my tatt up but got a new camera so hoping I can put the full sleeve circle into a panorama style image. So will give it a go tonight.

OT: Bestest news is I'm buying a new motorbike, A honda CBR250RR. down sizing from my R6, but am looking at getting it FMA style... yep all new paint job with Al on one side and Ed on the other. Looking pretty damn mean. Going in for a quote tomorrow. Will let you know how it goes. ETA: It's all done!!! See the pics of my FMA Bike here. biggrin.gif
Reindeer Age
HEY EVERYONE !!!

Great news... !!!! My tattoo competition is kicking off !!! Unfortunelty it's in Melbourne Australia in October but I would LOVEEEE!!!! If everyone here with a FMA tattoo posts a pic of their art onto my Facebook Event....

It's called SuperInk Tattoo Comp. There's a section for Anime Tattoo's however I obviously can't go entering my tattoo. Hopefully by October I'll have a huge Dragon Ball tattoo & possibly a Ranma or Keroro one...

I hope this link works. Post, add me as a friend !!!

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/event.p...8090&ref=mf

OR... check out www.armageddonexpo.com and go to special events and find the tattoo comp. It's gonna be great.. I hope I can find some FMA fans down here in Australia. I ran into the very first person who knew what my tattoo was yesterday.. His kids watch it... =(

@Kursed: Hah! That's awesome! I'd love to go to it and see the amazing stuff there! I don't live too far from the city so I'll see if me and a couple of friends can make it. : )
Tombow
QUOTE (Kursed @ Aug 14 2009, 12:05 AM) *
HI EVERYONE !!!!! I know once again I've been lazy lazy lazy... BUT !!! I do now have some cool pics. My FMA motorcycle is complete and on the road so I thought I'ld attach some pics, as well as my finished tattoo. Believe it or not I only just had the final touches done last night.

Tatt picks are on their way......

Hi Kursed, welcome back!! I moved your awesome FMA bike pics to Show off your FMA case, wheels, etc. here!! thread. Can't wait to see more of your amazing tatt pics. biggrin.gif
BloodRed Alchemist
Once I'm 18 I'm definitely getting an FMA tattoo. I wanna get the Flamel and Oroborus. Also the Homunculi but Sloth, Wrath and Pride have two versions, so I'll have to decide if I want the manga version sin group, the anime version or a mix of both. happy.gif
Skorpious
~ Need Help Finding A Particular Fma Image. ~

Before I begin, I assume this is the correct forum to post an off-topic question such as this - (I hope tongue.gif )

Getting to the point, I am searching for any clear, detailed images of the tattoo displayed on Scar's older brother's left arm. I have searched numerous threads, sites, ect, but I have yet to fine an image that is clear/accurate enough to use.

I appreciate any help regarding this topic, and would like to thank those who post helpful comments in advance.
Tombow
Hi Skorpious, welcome to our board! We had another member who was also looking for that particular pic, and I believe he was also needing that one for his tattoo. Unfortunately, I don't think we were able to find one for him. We can only see a brief view of that arm tattoo in anime, and the clear and detailed pics of that tattoo are very hard to find, as you know. sad.gif
But, I hope this time someone can help you. ^^

And BTW, Open Chat is actually not the place for this type of post. XD
Hence.. in a short while, I'll move this one to I'm getting FMA Tattoo thread, where other similar "pic request because I want that as my FMA tattoo..." are posted. There are some amazing FMA tattoo pics posted there also. You might be interested in checking them out. smile.gif

ETA: Oct. 24. Merged thread.
Velocifero
Hey guys, just thought I'd share mine. I did a crapload of research before getting this and looked at numerous pictures of the manga and the anime to get it as accurate as possible. Scar's tat:

What a lot of people don't realize is that it will be different than what you see in the anime and manga on real skin. The anatomy of a certain character in a picture is going to differ from your own and you have to prepare for that. Also, skin twists when you move and can distort the image so you have to decide what position of your arm you want the image to be based on. I choose probably the most common arm position, just naturally hanging standing up. When Scar moves his arm, the animator makes it so you see what he wants you to see, which is mainly the three rows of "arrows" near the wrist as well as the lettering, no matter the position of his arm. This isn't true on real skin, so pick what arm position you want the tat to show off the most.
edo little kid
Woow that is wonderful!!
you have great tattoo
I always like scar tattoo <3
Broken Chouchou
Wow, Velocifero! That's awesome! That's pretty brave, too, IMO. A full sleeve tattoo. You won't have any room for anything else on that arm, or you'll mess up the whole concept. It looks really good though, I have to say smile.gif
Forsaken Love
velocifero! thats a freakin awesome tatoo! it looks brilliant, you're so brave to have it done though, bet it hurt XD
Kale Mustang
Pretty cool tattoo, Velocifero.

While at AX this past summer, I saw some guy with Scar's 'destruction' tattoo as well. The ink was a bit faded, as I'm probably assuming the guy got it a while back, but it looked really good. The tattoo was also on his right arm, as opposed to your left arm.

Good luck with yours, as it looks awesome.
Broken Chouchou
QUOTE (Kale Mustang @ Oct 12 2009, 04:20 PM) *
The tattoo was also on his right arm, as opposed to your left arm.

I was going to make a comment about that too. Like, why get it on your left arm instead of your right?

... then I noticed he was standing in front of a mirror xD
Kale Mustang
QUOTE (Broken Chouchou @ Oct 13 2009, 06:10 AM) *
QUOTE (Kale Mustang @ Oct 12 2009, 04:20 PM) *
The tattoo was also on his right arm, as opposed to your left arm.

I was going to make a comment about that too. Like, why get it on your left arm instead of your right?

... then I noticed he was standing in front of a mirror xD

Funny...I just realized that too now... pfft...

I need more sleep...
Enlistment
Here's what I plan to get if/when I get a tattoo

The zodiac symbols are mine on top (Sagittarius), my Mum and Dad in the middle (Gemini and Taurus), and my little brother and sister at the bottom (Virgo, my brothers been flipped both to give the tat some symmetry, and because hes a bit backwards xD). The latin is, going clockwise from the left, "Dissolve and Rebuild" "Equivalent Exchange" and "Life Balance".

What do you think?

EDIT: Modified the positioning of the middle zodiacs after a friend noted that my dad was on top T_T stupid friends and their forced mental imagery
Skorpious
@Velocifero - The images were deleted, which is a bummer, as I was interested in seeing how your tattoo turned out. Mainly because (like you) I have Scar's tattoo on my arm, but have yet to complete a slight detail. Maybe you can help me with it? tongue.gif

Basically, all I have to do is finish the Latin letters going across the band of the mid-section of the tattoo. However, despite searching repeatedly I could not find the text that goes on the bottom half of the band. (opposite of Terra, A, Ndan, ect, I'm sure you know what I'm talking about) As of now, the lower-band is incomplete - I could clearly make of the words "AER" and "V", and had them included, but couldn't find clear images of the rest of the text. Hopefully you can help me out with this problem of mine? These letters and the small band connecting the "wings" of the upper portion of the tattoo are all I need to finally finish my tattoo.

On a somewhat related note, I am also currently looking for any clear images of the creation arm tattoo as well, so any responses would be immensely appreciated.
Velocifero
QUOTE (edo little kid @ Oct 12 2009, 01:02 AM) *
Woow that is wonderful!!
you have great tattoo
I always like scar tattoo <3

QUOTE (Broken Chouchou @ Oct 12 2009, 10:55 AM) *
Wow, Velocifero! That's awesome! That's pretty brave, too, IMO. A full sleeve tattoo. You won't have any room for anything else on that arm, or you'll mess up the whole concept. It looks really good though, I have to say smile.gif

QUOTE (Forsaken Love @ Oct 12 2009, 12:47 PM) *
velocifero! thats a freakin awesome tatoo! it looks brilliant, you're so brave to have it done though, bet it hurt XD

QUOTE (Kale Mustang @ Oct 12 2009, 03:20 PM) *
Pretty cool tattoo, Velocifero.

While at AX this past summer, I saw some guy with Scar's 'destruction' tattoo as well. The ink was a bit faded, as I'm probably assuming the guy got it a while back, but it looked really good. The tattoo was also on his right arm, as opposed to your left arm.

Good luck with yours, as it looks awesome.

Hey thanks guys! It did hurt of course. The most painful part being the top band that goes around the arm. The whole tat took 8 hours to complete and I did it on one sitting. No offense to others who tried getting this same tat, but I've seen some crappy ones. It's like they didn't even do any research or bring in any pictures to the artist. I brought it at least 5 good images of the tat for the artist to work off of.

@Skorpious -The images aren't deleted, photobucket just pwnd my account because I went over their 10 gig monthly limit. It should be back tomorrow. This forum's defunct attachment system locks up my session so I can't use that. In my research, I've never seen a "AER" or "V" so I'm not sure what you're referring to. Down the middle mine says "TERRA A Ndan, colia' and across the top it says "dop la TERRA sic, ca". You can see the whole image on a large scale in the anime in episode 22, when theyre in lab 5. Though the "la" part says "aa" in the anime, most agree that it's a typo/gibberish since it isn't a real word. La, however, is. The creation arm from what I could tell looks very similar to the destruction arm. Almost the same pattern, but the anime never shows it in detail.

-------------

ETA: Oct. 24
woohoo! pictures are back, screw you photobucket!
crimsonlightningalchemist
This is my FMA tattoo. It's the crest with my State Alchemist name 'Crimson Lightning'.
Kinada
Hey there, i'm thinking about possibly getting scars tattoo as well and I definitely agree with you that when getting a complicated intricate tattoo such as this definitely takes some studying to make sure your actually getting the real thing. So I was just wondering what the words TERRA A Ndan, colia' and dop la TERRA sic meant? I haven't really tried looking for a translation but I figured since you have the tat you probably know, thanks!
Grazeland
~Transmutation Circle Pic Request ~

Can anyone find this picture http://www.dreamwidth.org/userpic/71311/40133 in a bigger size?
I plan on getting it as a tattoo.
im leaning more towards the flamel written in blood than the normal one.

thanks everyone!
Hyperthia
I think there is already a thread about tattoos. I dunno where, but it's somewhere in the fanworks section.
Regardless, I'll go look to see if I can find anything bigger for you smile.gif
Grazeland
QUOTE (Hyperthia @ Nov 22 2009, 05:41 PM) *
I think there is already a thread about tattoos. I dunno where, but it's somewhere in the fanworks section.
Regardless, I'll go look to see if I can find anything bigger for you smile.gif

thanks alot bro! :3
Tombow
@Grazeland - Welcome to our board!

And thank you, Hyperthia!! ^^

Hyperthia is correct, and we have I got/plan to get FMA Tatt thread. I will be adding this to that thread shortly.
Meantime, you may be interested in checking out the above mentioned I got/plan to get FMA Tatt thread, and Transmutation Circle thread. biggrin.gif

Meantime, if anyone has info/pic on the posted request, please feel free to add posts on this thread. smile.gif

ETA: Thread merged. smile.gif

------------------------------------

QUOTE (crimsonlightningalchemist @ Nov 9 2009, 07:06 AM) *
This is my FMA tattoo. It's the crest with my State Alchemist name 'Crimson Lightning'.

@crimsonlightningalchemist - Wow, I have not seen that "Amestris crest" done in that location before! Nicely done! smile.gif

@Enlistment - How is your tatt plan going? Please post the pic when/if you get one. ^^

@Kinada - I think we have the whole translation posted somewhere... I will go look around. Meantime, hope others can help you. smile.gif

Also, to all new/recently joined posters.. Welcome to our board!! biggrin.gif
Hyperthia
Heh... This was the best I could do for now. Hope it's slightly helpful smile.gif
I'm putting it up as an attachment. *hopes it works*
Grazeland
thanks, that is better!
im still on the lookout for a higher detail one if i can find it so the ink will be stellar.

soooo still on the lookout! ty for everyone whos helpin.

ETA: Nov. 24, 2009
i just found out that the blood flamel is on the *produced by* picture on the season 1 part 2 intro.

ETA: Dec. 16, 2009
well i should be getting it over xmas break so if anyone has found a better detailed pic, ILL USE IT! thanks for helpin me out guys, plz leave thew thread up too so i can use it when i get my tatt done. THANKS EVERYONE! ill post pics when its finished.
crimsonlightningalchemist
QUOTE (Tombow @ Nov 22 2009, 05:13 PM) *
@crimsonlightningalchemist - Wow, I have not seen that "Amestris crest" done in that location before! Nicely done! smile.gif

....Also, to all new/recently joined posters.. Welcome to our board!! biggrin.gif

Thanks! I'm in love with it!
Velocifero
QUOTE (Kinada @ Nov 17 2009, 08:28 PM) *
Hey there, i'm thinking about possibly getting scars tattoo as well and I definitely agree with you that when getting a complicated intricate tattoo such as this definitely takes some studying to make sure your actually getting the real thing. So I was just wondering what the words TERRA A Ndan, colia' and dop la TERRA sic meant? I haven't really tried looking for a translation but I figured since you have the tat you probably know, thanks!

As far as I know from my reading, "dop la terra sic, ca" means "In the end, everything must return." While "Terra a ndan, colia" means "Life, in death, contributes." They both pretty much mean the same thing, the whole equivalent exchange philosophy aka no pain no gain, hard word equals success, gotta spend a little to get a little, nothing worth having comes easy. The sayings are potentially endless, but you get the idea.
Disasterpiece
who has the Riza tattoo
Grazeland
just got it 12/26/09

Tombow
@Grazeland - Cool tattoo! That came out very nice, IMO! ^^

BTW, I merged your the other thread here. smile.gif
Grazeland
Thanks alot guys! biggrin.gif Here's another pic after its been cleaned up a bit. I plan on getting the band Social Distortion's Skelly on my left leg the same size as this one then i'm going to try and chill out on the tatts cause I wanted more as soon as they were done with this one. laugh.gifClick to view attachment

PS thanks for merging the thread! SPECIAL THANKS TO: Hyperthia! The enlarged pic really helped me out a lot, THANK YOU!
shanryelric
wow, awesome!! I want to make the Riza one. too bad I cannot. ; A ; I want it, I really do.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.