Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I Got/am Getting FMA Tattoo On Me!
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1)
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
manga obsession
i like that circle too
im not old enough to get a tattoo
and i prob never will
im dead scared of needles
but i congratulate you on your bravery
anotherdeadcow
I have an ouroboros, though probably not in the same place as anyone else... I got it done a while ago but i only have a picture from when it was first done. Maybe i will replace it with a newer photo if i have the opportunity.

Click to view attachment
Sweetdeath04
I have an ourobourous but it's not the FMA one. It's on my lower back. It's just a normal snake going nom nom nom on it's tail. If anyone has seen the X-Files it's a little bit like Scully's tattoo. No scales though, it's just got a little shading.

But my mate wants the symbol on the back of Ed's jacket on the inside of her wrist!
Ying Fa
QUOTE (anotherdeadcow @ Feb 7 2009, 07:52 PM) *
I have an ouroboros, though probably not in the same place as anyone else... I got it done a while ago but i only have a picture from when it was first done. Maybe i will replace it with a newer photo if i have the opportunity.

Click to view attachment

Wicked kewl man! Now i wish it were possible to get one on the tongue and the eye! XD
anotherdeadcow
Wicked kewl man! Now i wish it were possible to get one on the tongue and the eye! XD

The tongue is already a possibility, though the level of detail may leave something to be desired... As for the eye, one would have to settle for a contact lens...
Rasuto
Mh-mm, so just to let you guys know.

The symbol/array on Scar's arm is this --->

The symbol that was mostly tattoed on this topic is actually the array that was used to generate complete the Philosopher's Stone! ;-)
KoDKingVegeta
Heres mine, the one on the back of my neck was to be the blood symbol, but I got the wrong picture, (don't ask, I don't even no how I did it) So I have to have my tattoo artist fix it.

^---I only got the outline, which Im glad, now we can work with it, then fill it in.

Kursed
Hey....

Some awesome tatt's.... I was thinking about getting a small FMA symbol on the back of my neck but I've opted for a half sleeve. Work starts on the 5th of March, it'll have Ed, Al, Mustang and Lust. I'll let you know how it goes and post some pics. Not looking forward to getting the underarm section done, but I've got a few tatt's and so far they haven't been painful at all, just annoying type pain.

Kursed

Oh & something that was annoying me -
Avatar person that's chanting verses from the - "Necrololicon"
Do you mean the "Necronomicon....?" Fictional book of the dead?

lhionnan
@ anotherdeadcow

Respect!!!
Kursed
QUOTE (anotherdeadcow @ Feb 9 2009, 12:35 PM) *

The tongue is already a possibility, though the level of detail may leave something to be desired... As for the eye, one would have to settle for a contact lens...

Eye tattooing is possible as well, but symbols aren't quite possible yet. They just inject a coloured ink into your eye. Problem is for the pain involved... it will most likely fade and fade quick. Only one week till my tatt starts, will post once it's done, should have the outline completed on the 5th.

FYI
anotherdeadcow
Well... about the bottom of the foot tattoo... after a month it was clear that it wasn't healing. The tattoo was too thick and too solid, so the skin was too torn up. Instead of trying to heal, the skin there did what it does best and just reformed underneath and discarded the tattooed skin. What is left is some ink that was really deep, staggered and fleshy, looking strangely like a birthmark... So much so in fact that some people might actually believe it to be one if told so.

I guess in the end, it looks very much like it did in the show and the color and darkness is very close too so... who knows, I might just leave it like that instead of having it worked on more...
Magical Soul
That's an awesome tatoo.
Schmitz_7

<Moved a post here from Cosplay thread, and merged to the existing post>
Forgiven
Thats pretty cool looking. I was thinking on getting the Riza Hawkeye tattoo, the one on her back. But I'm not going to be a fan of FMA forever, but who knows. Maybe a smaller version of it on my ankle. tongue.gif

Here's a picture of it for those who don't read the Manga:

Cheya.
Schmitz_7
I may not be a fan forever ( I Hope I Am).

But it still looks wicked awsome.

And every person who sees it compliments it on the street.

Even if i dont love FMA forever.

I made the decision knowing it was perminant, I love it. Dont think i ever wont.

QUOTE (Forgiven @ Mar 2 2009, 12:48 PM) *
Thats pretty cool looking. I was thinking on getting the Riza Hawkeye tattoo, the one on her back. But I'm not going to be a fan of FMA forever, but who knows. Maybe a smaller version of it on my ankle. tongue.gif

Cheya.

As for wanting a smaller one. Like i said above. You may not like fma forever but what does the actaul tattoo mean to you.

Yea i love mine and it looks cool but its important to me.

Equivelant exchange. It always reminds me of that. If im gonna do something the only thing im gonna get out of it is what amount of work i put into it. So i always work hardest at what im doing.

If it actaully means somethign to you... even if you dont liek FMA forever. What it means to you should.
Kursed
Okay,

Sorry it took a little while to post but I'm on a course & travelled up to Sydney for a tattoo exhibition so haven't had time to do a thing.

Here is my FMA tattoo. It is a half sleeve left arm, this is the view if you were standing directly beside me. I have colonel mustang at the rear, lust at the front and on the inside of my arm (which isn't done yet) will be a alchemy symbol. The outline took me about 4 hours and I'm booked in to have Ed and Al coloured on the 25th.

Now before anyone does the whole... you shouldn't have got the characters, please don't lecture me. I see people get dragons and koi's all the time and I see no difference between getting a fish on your arm and me getting FMA. It's difference, it's awesome and it has a story behind it. I'm also a little older than most of you guys so relax.

Let me know what you guys think. I also managed to get Riza's dog and a little cat for Al in there.

Kursed
edo little kid
Woooooooooow!!

It looks Wonderful

I love it
!!!!!

Master Jack Ryerson
I've been considering getting Al's blood seal on the back of my neck or on my forearm- like Ed has it when he bound Al's soul to the armor the first time- for some time now, and I believe I am going to do it. I'm not sure what color yet, black or red, but I think I will do it...

angrydinosawr
QUOTE (Forgiven @ Mar 2 2009, 01:48 PM) *

Cheya.

I was staring at that picture for awhile because I wanted to see if I could translate it. I could get a little, it was fun.
Dickens
Kursed your tattoo looks awesome! If I was getting a sleeve, I'd def get all my fave characters on it (i'd make it a proper crazy scene, with snow white passing an apple to Light from deathnote tongue.gif)

Is there any chance you can out up the pic of it with Mustang in, I'd love to see how it all turns out!
Edamame
I am completely fascinated by the deeper meaning behind Riza´s tattoo. I thought that at first it was going to be completely nonsensical Latin phrases with pointless symbols, but I must say that Arakawa has truly done her homework! I found an extremely entertaining and very well researched article online debunking the meaning and symbols that are utilized in Riza´s tattoo. Unfortunately, the article is written entirely in Spanish, but I would love to translate parts of it if people are interested. The phrase Igni Natura Renovatur Integra is the famous alchemical INRI meaning "Nature is renewed by fire." The Latin text at the top of the tattoo is from a contemporary poem by Flumen Viride which is entitled "Rites of the Four Element"; the poem is basically a greeting to fire. Arakawa never ceases to amaze me with all the detail she puts into her work. Needless to say, this tattoo is truly full of meaning.
Dickens
Which tattoo are you talking about, because I'm well intrigued now tongue.gif
angrydinosawr
QUOTE (Edamame @ Mar 16 2009, 04:01 PM) *
I am completely fascinated by the deeper meaning behind Riza´s tattoo. I thought that at first it was going to be completely nonsensical Latin phrases with pointless symbols, but I must say that Arakawa has truly done her homework! I found an extremely entertaining and very well researched article online debunking the meaning and symbols that are utilized in Riza´s tattoo. Unfortunately, the article is written entirely in Spanish, but I would love to translate parts of it if people are interested. The phrase Igni Natura Renovatur Integra is the famous alchemical INRI meaning "Nature is renewed by fire." The Latin text at the top of the tattoo is from a contemporary poem by Flumen Viride which is entitled "Rites of the Four Element"; the poem is basically a greeting to fire. Arakawa never ceases to amaze me with all the detail she puts into her work. Needless to say, this tattoo is truly full of meaning.

Exactly! I found it funny that it said "salve spiritus ignis" which means "hello spirit of the fire". I'm only in Latin one so I could only translate some of it.
Tombow
QUOTE (Dickens @ Mar 16 2009, 06:28 PM) *
Which tattoo are you talking about, because I'm well intrigued now tongue.gif

@Dickens - It's about Riza's tattoo on her back. In FMA manga, Riza has a tattoo on her back that's done by her father who is also Roy's alchemy teacher, and essentially the tattoo contains the essence of Riza's father's whole lifetime study of fire Alchemy, or along that line. Many FMA manga fans, including yours truly, have been fascinated by that tattoo ever since it appeared in FMA manga. A very nice pic of it was posted by Forgiven on the last page. ^^
Dickens
Cool thanks for that

I need to get into the manga, and that does look awesome
Pixie
I was just browsing google and I found this forum.
I figured to post pics of my FMA tattoos that I have.

The pic was taken when I first got them done.
I've had them for about 6 months already I just have yet
to take a new picture
Dickens
hey pixie, welcome to the fourm smile.gif

very cool tatts
Egidio
~ I Just Love Fma, Just posting a pick of my tat. ~

Pixie
QUOTE (Dickens @ Mar 20 2009, 10:32 AM) *
hey pixie, welcome to the fourm smile.gif

very cool tatts

Thanks smile.gif
Doomsday_Child
Hey guys I just joined today and i saw all your FMA tattoos. I Got my oroboris tat about 6 months ago and soon im gonna get a touch up to make it darker and more solid. I really love scars Terra circle but its too a bit too much for me lol. I got the oroboris because it had real alchemic significance and I believe what it represents as all things live, die and constantly recycle overtime. I loved the FMA version of the oroboris not only because im an anime fan but the design was the most ideal to me. tongue.gif
Metastasis
Tattoos are awesome; I've got 3 myself. I don't think I could get an FMA tattoo, though. I love the series, and I'm proud of my interest in anime and manga, but it isn't a big enough part of my life for me to get it tattooed. My wife would call me retarded.
Greensky
Haha. Ya but it's not just for the Fullmetal series. That's just a small part of it. People get the serpents cross and ouroboros symbol because they like the meaning behind the symbols too!
ssj4sith
I'm seriously thinking about getting the Ouroboros tattoo, but I do have a few concerns. I really want this Tattoo and have been thinking about it on and off for almost 3 years now. the only thing that is keeping me from getting it is I don't know exactly where I want it, and I have a very low tolerance for pain, so I'm afraid I wont be able to endure the pain. Also I was wondering why almost everyone in this thread with an ouroboros has it done in black. Why not have it done in red like in the anime? Is it because color fades or something?

Anyway I give props to those with Scar's arm tattoo and greed's hand ouroboros. I could never do that tho cause I like to cosplay and those tattoos tend to limit your cosplay options tongue.gif
Dickens
i could be wrong on this because ive not got colour tattoos but i think colour costs more...

ive got quite a low pain tolerence but got a tattoo in my ribs, half an hour of endurance and i have something that i love and that i'll have for the rest of my life. its not too bad the pain either, and all tattooists ive been too take a break if you tell them your too uncomfortable.

When i had my rib one done, i was watching iron man tongue.gif took my mind off any pain i was feeling. its just a case of going where you feel comfortable.
Metastasis
My first tattoo hurt like a b*tch at first... It was done with a gun I built using a CD player motor, an inkpen, a toothbrush, an eraser, a guitar string cut at a sharp angle for a needle, and 100mph tape to hold the thing together. The ink was professional; none of that "melt a disposable razor with a paper bag over it and use the tar for ink" prison ink for me; my artist just said he worked better with a homemade gun. However, as great as it turned out, it still itches to this day when I scratch at it or something rubs against it too hard. It has been 3 years.
Color does fade more than black ink, but only because the fading is more noticable. It is usually more expensive as well, like Dickens said.
Doomsday_Child
QUOTE (Greensky @ Mar 24 2009, 10:12 AM) *
Haha. Ya but it's not just for the Fullmetal series. That's just a small part of it. People get the serpents cross and ouroboros symbol because they like the meaning behind the symbols too!

lol thats why i got my oroboris tongue.gif
oneltrchardonnay
QUOTE (Edamame @ Mar 16 2009, 10:01 PM) *
I found an extremely entertaining and very well researched article online debunking the meaning and symbols that are utilized in Riza´s tattoo. Unfortunately, the article is written entirely in Spanish, but I would love to translate parts of it if people are interested.

I'm planning on getting that tattoo myself - could you please link me to that page so I can read more about it before I commit to having it done?
Greensky
QUOTE (Doomsday_Child @ Mar 31 2009, 10:07 PM) *
lol thats why i got my oroboris tongue.gif

Me too wink.gif
Kursed
Hey. sorry i've been slack, Ed, Al and Mustang are now coloured in so I'll post some pics asap. Al was only done last night so I won't post him until the colour has settled. I've got another three sittings in May before the whole sleeve is done. I've a empty patch still on the inside of my arm and am debating over Winry (her holding the spanner and winking) a symbol or Armstrong giving a nice pose... so many decisions. Anyway once done I'm getting Keroro, Giroro and Tamama (from Keroro) on my forearm, and eventually the dragon from Dragon Ball on my ribs and up my back. Sticking with a Anime theme.

biggrin.gif
Ok... here are Ed and Mustang coloured. Pic of Ed was taken whilst fresh so colour is a little off and it's a little Shiny, Mustang has the opposite effect happening. Will post pic of Al coloured soon. Looks so much better now that Al is coloured as Ed doesn't look so dark with a light background.
Enjoy.
Kursed
Kyelinn
Ouch! That had to of HURT! It's really hard to see the pic of Ed colored in as it's so itty bitty! Mustang's looks awesome!!
Tombow
@Kursed - Wow. I must say that this is the first time I've seen anyone with actual FMA characters as tattoo designs!! ohmy.gif
Thank you so much for sharing those pics!! ^^
Edamame
Kursed, that is one heck of a cool tattoo! The colours look gorgeous and so vivid! Whoever didt the design for your tattoo has some true talent, because both Mustand and Edward look wonderful. I can not wait to see Al after the coloured ink has finally settled. Would it be possible for you to post another picture of finished Ed, because the picture is showing up so tiny on my monitor. May I ask how much that heart? I am really tempted to get a tattoo, but have heard so many varied things regarding the level of "pain." If I were to get one, I would have it on my lower ankle or on my lower back. Very cool tattoo! Thanks so much for sharing.
Kursed
Yeah it was strange that the picture of Ed came out sooo small. But here is Ed and Al coloured. I took the picture yesterday. The whole upper arm will be completely coloured and pretty bright so it's a long way off yet and will only get better and better.

The designs are just pics taken from the FMA Art books so no actual character has been drawn up any differently. I thought it best not to go drawing it myself and ruining it, not to mention I was lucky and found the exact pics that fit perfectly. I took in the images I wanted as well as the background I wanted and my tattooist, (Trinity from Side Show tattoo's, Ascot Vale VIC Australia) did the designing and ink. She'll also be doing my next few tatt's. the actual pic of Ed and Al is the exact same size as that in the FMA hard cover art book (if anyone out there has it)

I'll probably end up entering into some tattoo comp's when done as it's rare to find tattoo's (sleeves) that aren't the Japanese Koi's or dragon's etc so it'll def be different. I've also been to Supanova (Vic Magnolia was there) and people have been taking photo's left right and centre, so I won't be surprised if when finished it starts popping up here and there.

Anyway here it is. Thanks for all your comments. I'm really loving it at the moment and as for the pain, I'm lucky in that I really enjoy the tattoo 'pain' there's only the occasional little area that stings but otherwise I'll happily sit there and enjoy it.

Dickens
i think it looks awesome! Can't wait to see it when its complete!
black~hayate
It looks WOW!
And it was so...umm... brave of you, makin' a FMA tatoo!
I mean, I love FMA alot, too, but I don't have the courage to let someone make me a tatoo that will be on my skin for my entire life.
You (and your tatoos) are great =3
Kursed
QUOTE (black~hayate @ Apr 22 2009, 12:58 AM) *
It looks WOW!
And it was so...umm... brave of you, makin' a FMA tatoo!
I mean, I love FMA alot, too, but I don't have the courage to let someone make me a tatoo that will be on my skin for my entire life.
You (and your tatoos) are great =3

Thanks. I have a little Black Hayate up above Mustang so I'll make sure I post him once coloured.
Dickens
Yes yes yes you must. I have a feeling half the forums waiting for updates on your sleeve!
Makika
Wow, that is fantastic ohmy.gif
very nice skills on your tatoos, really gratz!

Awesome tatoos! I'll never have that courage..
I love FMA, really love, but i'll never have this courage, never.

You have to Show your tatoos for the cow and make she give for u 3 wishes for each tatoo! shiushiushsi
black~hayate
QUOTE (Kursed @ Apr 21 2009, 11:56 PM) *
Thanks. I have a little Black Hayate up above Mustang so I'll make sure I post him once coloured.

Wow, rly? I'm looking forward to see it, it sure looks great ^_________^
Technomancer
Hiya everyone. Here's my introduction I guess...

I came across (and trolled) this forum months ago, and have read a lot of good threads. I had to finally post though, because last night I got my first FMA tattoo (actually first tattoo period!!). A great artist named Jonathan Pitcher at 1st Amendment in Augusta, GA did it.

Without further delay....ta da...my first ink!
(it's fresh so it's still sort of swollen and shiny..sorry about that, I couldn't wait to share it with people who would actually know what it is lol)

QUOTE (Kursed @ Apr 20 2009, 07:54 PM) *
Yeah it was strange that the picture of Ed came out sooo small. But here is Ed and Al coloured. I took the picture yesterday. The whole upper arm will be completely coloured and pretty bright so it's a long way off yet and will only get better and better.

The designs are just pics taken from the FMA Art books so no actual character has been drawn up any differently. I thought it best not to go drawing it myself and ruining it, not to mention I was lucky and found the exact pics that fit perfectly. I took in the images I wanted as well as the background I wanted and my tattooist, (Trinity from Side Show tattoo's, Ascot Vale VIC Australia) did the designing and ink. She'll also be doing my next few tatt's. the actual pic of Ed and Al is the exact same size as that in the FMA hard cover art book (if anyone out there has it)

I'll probably end up entering into some tattoo comp's when done as it's rare to find tattoo's (sleeves) that aren't the Japanese Koi's or dragon's etc so it'll def be different. I've also been to Supanova (Vic Magnolia was there) and people have been taking photo's left right and centre, so I won't be surprised if when finished it starts popping up here and there.

Anyway here it is. Thanks for all your comments. I'm really loving it at the moment and as for the pain, I'm lucky in that I really enjoy the tattoo 'pain' there's only the occasional little area that stings but otherwise I'll happily sit there and enjoy it.

I have to say Kursed....WOW. Those are beautiful. I'm sure you'll do well in any tattoo competition you enter them in. happy.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.