Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I Got/am Getting FMA Tattoo On Me!
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1)
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
elemdai
I checked that site and they didn't have any symbols that I could match up with those in the tattoo. I plan on getting it about the size it is in the picture (at full resolution).
Freya-chan
if i were to get one id get an oborous (<-spelling) on my palm
CodenameElizabeth
The FMA series is BRILLIANTLY designed from a graphical perspective, and so many of the symbols would make great tattoos. (They don't look outwardly "anime" to anyone who really doesn't know the series.)

Last year at Connecticon, I saw within ONE day TWO people with FMA tattoos. One with a flamel on her upper arm, and anopther with a Orobouros on her chest-- in the same place as Sloth in the anime. A couple of Envy cosplayers at AWA had the thigh tattoos, and another friend of my from Boston just got this SWEET Ouroborous/Flamel hybrid design on his chest.

I have yet to see anyone with the State Military logo or Al's Blood Seal-- although I think both designs would make kick ass tats...

(I'm waiting to see if anyone gets Kimbley's transmutation circles tattooed on their palms.) laugh.gif
elemdai
actually... i think i like this one better than the transmutation circle... (it's photoshopped, haven't gotten it yet)
CowAlchemist
If I got an FMA-themed tattoo, I'd either get some sort of transmutation circle, or I'd get a tattoo of... I guess you'd call it Hiromu Arakawa's chibi version of Ed? (Or Ed's head)

^ My lame imitation doodle of what it looks like since I can't find a picture of it.
Edamame
Elemdai: I really like that design, and like you I would definetly choose it over the transmutation circle. Is that where you are going to place the tattoo? (Whose symbol is that by the way? It looks familiar, but I can't place who used it.) I still want to see somebody tattoo their body like Scar's brother or Al as the Philosopher's stone.
Tombow
@elemdai - I think that one goes better than the transmutation circle. ^^
I hear that transmutation circle is hard to make into a nice tattoo, partly because it's circular design it's hard to pick a place on the body that would fit well and look nice, and also it's hard to maintain that perfect circle.
I personally like Grand-arcanum design. I think it's a beautiful design, and that spreading design goes well on the back. biggrin.gif (BTW, I don't have any tattoo.. tongue.gif )
elemdai
I talked to the guy that does my tattoos, and he agreed to let me make the creation of my Grand Arcanum tattoo into something of a mini-documentary. They get free advertising and I get another piece to add to my portfolio.
Chibi_Girl29
where da hell did ya tatoo yerself =?! I want itttt !!!
OzmodiusNC
My avatar is the tattoo design I had in mind... with the kinji characters in my sig on either side....a back piece, between the shoulderblades as well...

I have 10 tattoos currently, but this will be my first anime based one.....

And, sorry for starting that duplicate thread, Tombow..... ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

Ozmo
Tombow
@OzmodiusNC - No problem!! biggrin.gif
Are you planning to have whole 何かを得るためには, 同等の代価が必要になる tattooed.??
Chiyo
I was thinking of getting something written next to my Flammel cross (in japanese text) but 1, I'm not sure what and 2, I don't know the text at all haha. Drat.

Any ideas? I'm only thinking one or two words really, not the biggest flammel cross after all.
OddiElric
AWESOM! I would love to do that!!!!
Tombow
QUOTE(Chiyo @ Sep 9 2007, 09:49 AM) *
I was thinking of getting something written next to my Flammel cross (in japanese text) but 1, I'm not sure what and 2, I don't know the text at all haha. Drat.

Any ideas? I'm only thinking one or two words really, not the biggest flammel cross after all.

@Chiyo - What kind of word would you like to put? For example, if you'd like
"equivelant exchange" that would be
If you'd like other words in Japanese/Chinese letters maybe we can help finding out. ^^
CodenameElizabeth
Chi-- I'm always wary of getting kanji tattoos since I cannot read Kanji myself, and I don't want to risk getting something stupid tattooed on myself because the artists draws it wrong or something. Be sure you have somoene you trust translate the kanji for you before you give the design to the artist.

I'll have to take a photo of the new tattoo when it finall heals. Just got it done last Thursday, and it's currently in that healing/flaking/itching phase that is uber-annoying.

Should be healed enough to photograph by the end of the month. My tattoo artist wants to get a photo of it for his portfolio. I'm sure he had NO idea what it was from when he was doing is... XD
OzmodiusNC
QUOTE(Tombow @ Sep 9 2007, 08:05 AM) *
@OzmodiusNC - No problem!! biggrin.gif
Are you planning to have whole 何かを得るためには, 同等の代価が必要になる tattooed.??

Yup...first 9 characters on one side of it, rest on other side, both vertically.
Chiyo
Liz - can't wait to see it, and as for the kanji I have Tombow to give me the right things and I can go back to the woman who did my Flammel cross (cheers for the concern all the same). And ya, my tattooist had no idea what it was either, so she took a pic too.
CodenameElizabeth
Yeah-- most tattoo artists can't read kanji so the possibility of them f**king it up are greater (I envy those guys on that Miami Ink show because they have Yoji Harada in their shop who speaks fluent Japanese...)

UGH. My tattoo is pissing me off today. It's flaking. and ITCHING!!
Gah. Can't wait thill this damn thing heals. Then, PHOTOS!

Okay-- Editing to add a pic.

heh heh heh. Manga FTW.
It's on my lower back (cropped out my back-flab for courtesy... lol...) and it's only about 6 inches high.
firenza_t
I posted a while back, when I first got my tattoo. But I realized that it wasn't a very good picture. Here's one about a year later, that shows the entire tattoo. As I mentioned before, its part of Scar's arm tattoo, but inverted. Enjoy.
natsu-hime
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b182/Nat...nculitattoo.jpg

homunculi temporary tattoo that i had back when i was in year 10 >.<
FanOfFullMetal
I will like to have a tattoo too biggrin.gif , I already found a nice one, I am trying to upload it but the image hosting site that I use is not working,I get this message ...i wanted to share it but I will have to upload it later on, I also have to resize the picture... sad.gif I get the url but I can't see the picture when I preview it here??? blink.gif

I have not yet ask for my parent's permission to do the tattoo...hope the'll agree!!! rolleyes.gif

ddpro
it's not finished but i've just got the second section done. Still a lot more detail to be put in around the A more text. and as you can see it's still healing. i had some good sources and pictures of this tattoo and my artist changed it around a little bit to customise it slightly too. what do you think so far lol
Berneri
ddpro, that's very nice! o_o
jaities
Got this 2 nights ago.
Guard
I've got Al's bloodseal. Got it almost a year ago. Going to get it touched up soon. Any ideas on how to make it not so red permant marker looking. So many people tried wiping off.
Arcanum
Hey, does anyone have images of the rest of the grand arcanum arrays? People have already posted the tattoo on Scar's right arm, but I am looking for images of the other tattoos that Scar's brother had before he died. Specifically the legs. I think the legs may just be the same as he arms, but I want to be sure. The right arm was easy to find, but the left was a little more difficult(the left is the arm of creation as opposed to the right arm of destruction or someting like that). Anyways, any help here would be awesome. Thank you.
ManOfTin
I'm actually looking for the other arm that Scar's Brother has! I figure since Scar has the destruction arm, I'd love to have the creation arm. If anyone can find any good pics...send them my way please.
augustine
Contemplating FMA ink.

Probably get ed's flammel symbol in red with a transmutation circle as a background on inner arm. Will post pics if I have enough disposable income to go through with it.

Mad props to dudes who have scar's tattoo. That's full on.
-JM-
Here is mine. biggrin.gif

Sorry about the bad picture quality!

kfc21
this is mine done 2 day only 100 sat at 3 i go get started on scars arm
Greensky
Sorry if this isn't the right board to post this in...

I just got this tat tonight. I chose not to do it in red.

EnVy7
i like ur tatoo of the homunculus
Greensky
Thanks. It's all healed up now too cool.gif
Amac
does anyone have a good quality picture of the Ouroboros Tattoo? I have an appointment to get it on my leg just like Envy has and i wanted a better quality picture than what i have right now
emoney
Right arm not finished

Left arm
Nights
Woah, emoney! That's pretty sweet but
...eat a cheesburger!! laugh.gif
theblackrose
QUOTE(Fruit @ Nov 17 2004, 11:25 AM) *
Well terra is latin for earth as i said, but im sure it means other things as well....it isn't japanese, or anything i know of....is there no official website where i can contact somone and ferken ask em lol
It's Latin for "Earth on the seventh day". The translation is out there, you just gotta know where to look.
I have the Oroboros on my right arm, and the human transmutation circle on my left. Getting the 6-point Philosopher array on Thursday, and a few more later on. I'll post pics of the side-by-side later
AndroidLust
QUOTE(TheRedDuke @ May 26 2007, 03:29 PM) *
Here are some pics, they're not the best quality, but you should get the idea...

http://www.dinkinc.net/scar_tattoo_01.jpg
Click to view attachment
This is before I had the final section finished.

http://www.dinkinc.net/scar_tattoo_02.jpg
Click to view attachment
Walking across campus

http://www.dinkinc.net/scar_tattoo_03.jpg
Click to view attachment
Someone else took this one, but I think it turned out pretty cool

those are really sick.
fma has a pretty good collection of tatoo ideas that have appealing designs, regardless if someone knows what it means or not.
too bad ima tattoo-phobe. D:
flame_alchemist_lover
I'm a total Bod Mod enthusiast, so it was only natural that I show my love for FMA on my body. I drew this out myself and I dearly love it (it was my first tattoo).The color looks a little weird in the picture because my tattoo was healing at the time and I've since had it touched up. My camera won't transfer any files off of it, but I hope to have a better picture of it up soon
Begolas
heyy all!! what a cool tatoos !! i am thinking of getting one myself. i am 20 now and i think i know what i want. i would like the human trasmutation circle ( the one all the anime's start whith) but the 3 symbols in the middle i am gonna chace those to my zodiac and the 2 others to the zodiac's of my mom and dad ( they passed away not that long ago) and the 6 symbols around the main thing i am gonna leaf blank and fill them in when something big happens in my life zo it would be like a "tale of my life" tatoo. what do you all think of that ?
xXdark_angel_nekoXx
wow i am so envious of you people cause i am sacred of needles. and i only had enough courage to pirece my ears once. so ya no tattos for me. lol sleep.gif
omnipotent_grab
Just got my ouroboros yesterday for $30.
Yeminie
I got this last night...

crazyanimefan
Those are awesome, but I would never have the guts to get a tattoo, like ever. Major props, especially to those who get Scar's arm. That's hardcore.
Ruinous
I am thinking of getting one of these two circles tattooed on my upper arm, right preferred. I actually have meaning for getting this tattoo other than being a big fan of the show. FMA really solidified my interest in Chemistry and physical sciences and alchemy through out history was the very first science. Thats the explanation my question is which one should I get, does anyone have better pictures etc. just alittle feed back is all that is necessary. By the way I am a white male age 19 my arms are not huge like american chopper but I do have some muscle. Also I want it in color, does anyone have an idea of the price, at this point Ill pay just about anything in time. Possibly 2"x2" or 3"x3".
Tombow
^ @Ruinous - I guess the one on the right is more "well-known" because of the first FMA anime series, and it's a beautiful design, but I really like the circle design on the left.
(Tho, I don't have any tattoos on me, and I know very little about costs for tattoos. biggrin.gif )

QUOTE (flame_alchemist_lover @ Nov 16 2008, 10:01 PM) *
I'm a total Bod Mod enthusiast, so it was only natural that I show my love for FMA on my body. I drew this out myself and I dearly love it (it was my first tattoo).The color looks a little weird in the picture because my tattoo was healing at the time and I've since had it touched up. My camera won't transfer any files off of it, but I hope to have a better picture of it up soon
@flame_alchemist_lover - That's a nice FMA tatoo!! biggrin.gif
I moved your "My FMA Tattoo" thread to existing "I got FMA tattoo on me!!" thread where you can find pics of other beautiful FMA tattoos done on our members. smile.gif
lhionnan
RED OUROBOROS

Me too! Me too!
Iíve the secound red ouroboros here (flame_alchemist_lover's tattoo is so beautiful), but my is on the right place (original-place) tongue.gif !!!
Ruinous
Yea both of the pictures I posted I like, and I will get the ouroboros since it historically the symbol for the circle of life but thats something for another day. I figured I could buy aftermarket car parts or get a tattoo, and since I wanted a tattoo for more time than I have owned my car I think the choice is obvious.
elemdai
QUOTE (omnipotent_grab @ Dec 10 2008, 10:27 PM) *

Aww, man, no fair! Mine is the same size and I had to pay $100. Then again, the shop minimum was $50 and I had mine modified. Nevermind... I guess it's fair... I changed the 6 pointed star to 6 arrowheads and added some celtic-styled scales to the middle of the serpent itself.

The second one is FMA inspired, but not taken from any particular part of the anime/manga.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Ying Fa
QUOTE (elemdai @ Jan 16 2009, 01:00 AM) *
QUOTE (omnipotent_grab @ Dec 10 2008, 10:27 PM) *

Aww, man, no fair! Mine is the same size and I had to pay $100. Then again, the shop minimum was $50 and I had mine modified. Nevermind... I guess it's fair... I changed the 6 pointed star to 6 arrowheads and added some celtic-styled scales to the middle of the serpent itself.

The second one is FMA inspired, but not taken from any particular part of the anime/manga.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

I also had to pay 100 for mine, but i got it in red, and colour costs more. It looks amazing, and i might post a pic later. ^^

QUOTE (Ruinous @ Jan 11 2009, 11:49 PM) *
I am thinking of getting one of these two circles tattooed on my upper arm, right preferred. I actually have meaning for getting this tattoo other than being a big fan of the show. FMA really solidified my interest in Chemistry and physical sciences and alchemy through out history was the very first science. Thats the explanation my question is which one should I get, does anyone have better pictures etc. just alittle feed back is all that is necessary. By the way I am a white male age 19 my arms are not huge like american chopper but I do have some muscle. Also I want it in color, does anyone have an idea of the price, at this point Ill pay just about anything in time. Possibly 2"x2" or 3"x3".

I would say maybe a little more than 100 because of the fine details, and you might have to get it bigger than you think because of the small details as well.

I have several pics of the second, the human transmutation.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.