Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I Got/am Getting FMA Tattoo On Me!
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1)
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
anubism
I need any ideas on how to improve this image. it needs to be more realistic and less like a complex drawing. IM getting it tattooed and it seems to be overly complex so any suggestions of new creations would be greatly appreciated
bass153
@anubism - use the classic versin
souledge
@anubism - Doh thats exactly the same idea i had to get as another tat sad.gif where you getting it and any luck getting a cleaner version?
Galorfilinde
@anubism - I suggest you to study some transmutation circles before you just get one tattooed. All circles have a meaning. You can find lots of information here All transmutation circles used in FMA are on it. Be warned for SPOILERS if you haven't seen all episodes yet.

You should choose one which suits you. For example, if you have nothing with water, you shouldn't get a tattoo of a transmutation circle with elements that represent water. Also, I think transmutation circles are more symmetrical than the one you showed.

I don't know how old you are, and it's your own choice, but just think carefully about it. You'll have the tattoo for the rest of your life
Tombow
@Fruit - Nice to see your post again!! biggrin.gif

I must say those are awsomely impressive pics!!

However, the last two pics are a tad too big for the forum page, and as a result, they are strecthing the forum page sideways.
Could you kindly switch the last two pics from posting as images, to, posting links, like this way:
http://www.eve-radio-army.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/images/7.jpg
http://www.eve-radio-army.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/images/8.jpg
Or, swicth to posting by using attachment function??

Thanks!! biggrin.gif
macmarthy
@Fruit

Yeah, I took a look at that diagram, because i'm considering the same tatoo. I was pritty impressed but its kinda off according to episode 18 at around 22min 18 seconds they show the full arm. I alterd it a bit to fit that img more.

check it out on myspace.
www.myspace.com/macmarthy

After I get it complete i'll get some pictures up.
Fruit
@macmarthy

nice one \o/

i dont blame you for altering the pic mac, there's never been a 100% clear shot of the tatoo, even when there was, it was never the full thing so you sort of had to improvise as to what the upper arm part was like...which i did, im actually getting another one done, but its from another anime - on the left side of my arm, but its sort of....strikingly similar to the fma one
Tombow
QUOTE(Fruit @ Oct 8 2006, 04:44 PM) [snapback]456945[/snapback]
nice one \o/

is that better tom?...yus, yus it is!

i dont blame you for altering the pic mac, there's never been a 100% clear shot of the tatoo, even when there was, it was never the full thing so you sort of had to improvise as to what the upper arm part was like...which i did, im actually getting another one done, but its from another anime - on the left side of my arm, but its sort of....strikingly similar to the fma one
@Fruit - Yes, yes, thank you!! happy.gif
And, I'd love to see your next one that is strikingly similar to the FMA one!! biggrin.gif
Fruit
You shall ...you shall....i can show you sorta what it looks like now (its no where near as detailed as the fma one)

http://www.eve-radio-army.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/karas.jpg

But with the ink used in my other tatoo (and a combination of ink + the old tatoo gun), it looks pretty nifty
Tombow
^^I'll await your pic!! biggrin.gif

QUOTE(macmarthy @ Oct 2 2006, 02:39 AM) [snapback]454005[/snapback]
Yeah, I took a look at that diagram, because i'm considering the same tatoo. I was pritty impressed but its kinda off according to episode 18 at around 22min 18 seconds they show the full arm. I alterd it a bit to fit that img more.

check it out on myspace.
www.myspace.com/macmarthy

After I get it complete i'll get some pictures up.
@macmarthy - You can post the pic here, too, if you like. biggrin.gif
Fruit
Finally! - After nine hours of photoshopping the old tattoo...its done, it looks abit wierd on its own, but i assure you that on an arm, its pwnage tongue.gif

IPB Image
firenza_t
@Fruit

Mine's an upside down version of scar's tattoo.. but I like it.

Click to view attachment
http://img236.imageshack.us/img236/3043/cimg5821az2.jpg
random pouty face.. I was bored.

<Edited to change the posting of 1 oversize pic from Image posting to Attachment. 05/03/07 ~Tombow>
Tombow
@firenza_t - Welcome to the board!! biggrin.gif
Wow, that is an amazing work!! ohmy.gif
This is the first time I've seen the Scar's tatto done that way!!
Thanks for sharing that with us!!
Fruit
QUOTE(firenza_t @ Oct 24 2006, 11:30 AM) [snapback]464588[/snapback]
Mine's an upside down version of scar's tattoo.. but I like it.
Click to view attachment
http://img236.imageshack.us/img236/3043/cimg5821az2.jpg
random pouty face.. I was bored.

....now im jealous sad.gif

if i had breasts i would probably steal your idea...

I got my tattoo done!...but i sat on my web cam and broke it, soooooo...tat's pending sad.gif
Fruit
Managed to take a crappy pic whilst the webcam was alive, i'll get clearer ones...its really hard to take a pic without snapping your arm off...

IPB Image
firenza_t
@Fruit

that looks really good!
Greensky
<Merged "Getting A Tattoo!" thread here. 01/20//07 ~Tombow>

So I'm getting a tattoo soon and I want it to be something related to Fullmetal Alchemist. I am leaning more towards the Oroborus (Oroboros?) symbol with the dragon eating his own tail, representing eternity and the never ending cycle of things.

Does anyone know where to find some good pictures of the symbols and possibly some alchemical circle pictures as well? I may end up doing something like that.

I browsed the site here but didn't find much...

EDIT: I found a fairly good site, Here

But if anyone knows of any others, please let me know, because the images are very small and I can't use them for the actual tattoo.
Chiyo
Look on FMA wallpapers for larger versions. I got the Flamel cross as a tattoo and that had to be fairly large because of the detailing (and there isn't all that much)
The New Fullmetal Alchemist
Many people prefer to get Ed's flamel as a tatoo... One friend of mine is actually seriously looking into it... kind of a shock for me... even more so when I found out she already has two... blink.gif

But the oroborous... that'd be pretty cool! But I guess it really all boils down to what part of your body you get it on... if you did an actual circle, it'd probably have to be on your back or maybe even your calf... either a flat or a smoothly-curved surface... likewise, if you did it on your shoulder it could turn out weird... I'd like to get a small tatoo one day, but I hate needles! laugh.gif
Tian Ai
Yeah first just think carefully..it's like getting a screenname that says "Naruto123" or something, you'll think it's awesome while you like Naruto but maybe in a year when you're into Bleach or whatever you'll think it's stupid XD

Hmm...I've been trying to find a site that has pictures of the transmutation circles, but no luck yet. =/ There used to be a site that had them, but it shut down when I tried recently. ><

Or you could check eBay on the FMA merchandise for ideas, I wear a necklace with something like the circle Ed uses for general alchemy, except with a red serpent's cross in the middle XD
travisbmoore
QUOTE(shibishibi @ Nov 9 2004, 04:46 PM) [snapback]33860[/snapback]
I NEEEEEEDD help, I'm seriously thinking of getting a tatoo of one of the transmutation circles or any kind of art that appears in the series, I think they look awesome specially the one that Ed was going to use to create the stone on laboratory 5(I can't remeber the episode right now;) well, if anyone knows about a website with transmutation C. pics please send them to me!!!!!!. by the way if anyone leaves in stockton send me your messenger screen name mine is dj_quiksilver2000@hotmail.com.

SHIBI SHIBI!!!!!!!1

Basically it is a six sided star made of two over lapping triangles and in a circle perfectly geometric in design with Latin writing and cool war hammer 40,000 symbols.
Tombow
Moved dozens of posts from Transmutation Circles On Fma, All Related Information Goes Here, (except Tattoo Discussions) thread.
This must be a very popular discussion topic!! biggrin.gif
Alchemical
I have two - Ed's flamel, which is more or less in a transmutation circle (the one that was used in the Greed vs Ed battle), and Roy's transmutation circle. Both are one my upper arms, with Roy's on my left and Ed's on the right. Of course, it was done illegally for me. laugh.gif Quite funny, actually....

Anyways, I THINKING about getting the Ouroborus tattoo. I just have to decide where. Of course, there's the classic neck/hand/and thigh places, but I'm still in school (and no tattoos... ><' and my job doesn't allow them, either...) so hand and neck are out. And I'm not fond of anything I want to show off being o my thigh.

So, any suggestions? (I'll post pics if everyone wants to see them. That is, whenever I get my crappy camera to work...)
Chiyo
My Flamel cross is on my thigh and high enough to still wear shorts and it not be seen, maybe that might be a good place? But if you want it on display you might just get stuck. Or perhaps the base of your spine?
Amethyst Sunset
How about the shoulder - like Pride!Ed in Bluebird's Illusion? Of course, that'll mean no sleeveless tops for a while...

I'm rather squeamish - you'll never get me near one of those needles. XD Instead, I own a flamel necklace. My friend is lucky - she has Roy's transmutation circle on her necklace.
Alchemical
QUOTE(Chiyo @ May 3 2007, 09:51 AM) [snapback]538655[/snapback]
My Flamel cross is on my thigh and high enough to still wear shorts and it not be seen, maybe that might be a good place? But if you want it on display you might just get stuck. Or perhaps the base of your spine?

QUOTE(Amethyst Sunset @ May 3 2007, 10:32 AM) [snapback]538669[/snapback]
How about the shoulder - like Pride!Ed in Bluebird's Illusion? Of course, that'll mean no sleeveless tops for a while...

I'm rather squeamish - you'll never get me near one of those needles. XD Instead, I own a flamel necklace. My friend is lucky - she has Roy's transmutation circle on her necklace.

Thank you both! I really like the spine idea. I think I'll go with that. I would get it on my shoulder, but I already have Ed and Roy's on my shoulders, well, near them, anyways.
AlphonseISlove
AWW! Thats sweet! cool.gif
Chiisana
Won't get tattoo, but if I ever want one. I did like to have Ed's flamel cross yes tongue.gif I meant, duuh it's way so much cooler! xD

Anyone who have the homunculus tattoo then?

@firenza_t ; Woa your tattoo looks so damn cool o.o
stormkeeper
Since I already have a tattoo on my breast I got this one on my foot:

TheRedDuke
Here are some pics, they're not the best quality, but you should get the idea...

http://www.dinkinc.net/scar_tattoo_01.jpg
Click to view attachment
This is before I had the final section finished.

http://www.dinkinc.net/scar_tattoo_02.jpg
Click to view attachment
Walking across campus

http://www.dinkinc.net/scar_tattoo_03.jpg
Click to view attachment
Someone else took this one, but I think it turned out pretty cool
Amalthea
When I'm old enough, I'm thinking of getting an Ouroborus tattoo on the highest part of my back right below my neck. You wouldn't see it if my hair is long and loose. tongue.gif However, I probably won't ever end up getting a tattoo, but they are fun to think/talk about.

Man, so many devoted FMA fans here! It's cool how you guys all got tattoos. Question: Did you bring in pictures of what you wanted to the shop and told the person exactly how you wanted it? I hear too many stories of the tattoo person messing up. sad.gif
V-mental alchemist
cool scar tatoo! i would so want that but i'd be too scared and my family probaby would let me. An orobus one would be cool too!
TheRedDuke
Amalthea, yes I took a whole pile of photos with me the first time. But what I really ended up doing was taking the original symbol that Scar's tattoo is actually based off of and drawing it in Illustrator exactly to the scale I wanted it so it fit on me correctly. I also did a lot of research about where is good too go. The place I went is probably a little on the more expensive side, but I definitely felt paying a little extra was worth it for the higher quality. If you do ever get a tattoo of any kind, never go to the cheapest place.

So anyway, it's not actually Scar's tattoo, but it is based on the same initial design. But I didn't get this design just because it looks cool, (which it frickin' does, don't get me wrong) but because of its original meaning and its meaning to me. That's how you get a tattoo you'll love in 50 years... don't get something just that looks cool. Get something that has real personal meaning to you and you'll always love it.

V-mental alchemist and Amalthea, thanks!

Wow this forum has a real time spell checker. Nice.
AudioAlchemist
hey, good luck for the tatto man. is going to look good on yah smile.gif
Tombow
Merged "Scar's Tatto" thread with 4 pages of "getting Scar's tattoo on me" discussions here. These posts start on page 9 of this thread. smile.gif
Menelvir
This is weird. My friend got me a pendant with the snake/cross design, and I told her I wasn't going to wear it, because I was a closet fangirl. He pointed out that avid fangirls would have it tattoed already. I remember thinking, surely no one would be that crazy.

And yet I'm seeing FMA tattoo pictures here before my very eyes... I'm just amazed. Me, I wouldn't want to risk the pain to get something I don't think I'll be proud to have in maybe 50 years.

But still... Got to love those pictures! The tattoos look great! I especially like the Scar one. Just curious though... What does it mean to you?
~Kurenai~
I want to get an ororaburos (sp?) tat, but i'd probrably get it in a place thats inconspicuous..hey! maybe I'll have mine like Wrath on the bottom of my foot! ^^;
elemdai
My own variation on the oroborus
Amethyst Sunset
Wow, nice Scar tattoo there. =D And nice Ouroboros tattoos as well...looks like it's just as popular as Ed's Flamel.

Since I may plan to cosplay as anime!Sloth in the future, I might get an Ouroboros tattoo as well...although a temporary one. XD Like I said before, needles make me squeamish. XDDDDDD
angels_gal
I would love to get one. I would love the ouroborous tattoo. but i'm really rather AFRAID of needles. somehow I feel like ED. LOL.
~Kurenai~
^Do it for ED! ^__^
ehxhfdl14
I would love to get one. I would love the ouroborous tattoo. but i'm really rather AFRAID of needles. somehow I feel like ED. LOL.

I know, I'd like to get one too, but now I'm afraid of needles. I didn't before, but after the newbie nurse poked my arm with the IV needle about 13,15 times because she could not get it in the vein properly(the IV needles not exactly thin, either), left it in for a week and got my hand and wrist swelled up-had to reinsert it in my other arm, but it was a repeat of the first incident, so the experienced nurses couldn't stand looking at the abuse anymore and located my vein for her-, injected my body with foreign fluids via needle without warning during night when I was sleeping, I think it rather traumatized me for life. So yes, I'm afraid of needles- but I still think about getting a tattoo- maybe^-^.
elemdai
For those of you that are afraid of getting a tattoo because of a previous fear of needles, these are two completely different sensations. Depending on the area of your body, it can be so painless that you can fall asleep. I previously got a dragon tattooed on my right bicep and barely felt that at all. The oroborus I posted above was much more painful. Either way, the feeling isn't comparable to an IV, which is one large needle in (preferably) one location. This is a series of very shallow pokes that are moving so rapidly that it feels more like dragging a blade across your skin than a needle. Don't know if that made things better or worse for you guys, but I thought I'd throw it out there.
stormkeeper
elemdai is completely right, it's not so much a poking sensation as it is a slicing sensation. I personally would prefer to get poked with a needle than get sliced by one again but I'm sure I'll end up with more tattoos.
elemdai
I would have to agree. I would much prefer the poke, but for me it is a very hurt-so-good sensation. I'll be getting at least 2 more in the near future.
Sendeshi
Lucky! smile.gif

If I got an FMA tattoo, I'd go the whole hog and get Scar's arm tongue.gif
ehxhfdl14
For those of you that are afraid of getting a tattoo because of a previous fear of needles, these are two completely different sensations. Depending on the area of your body, it can be so painless that you can fall asleep. I previously got a dragon tattooed on my right bicep and barely felt that at all. The oroborus I posted above was much more painful. Either way, the feeling isn't comparable to an IV, which is one large needle in (preferably) one location. This is a series of very shallow pokes that are moving so rapidly that it feels more like dragging a blade across your skin than a needle. Don't know if that made things better or worse for you guys, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

Actually, it's more like a fear of sharp, pointy objects in general^-^;;; It's more a 'That thing's coming near me' than 'This is gonna hurt me' thing. Basically, it's not that I fear the pain(I don't really mind it actually), it's that I fear the needle itself, probably because I associate bad memories with it subconsciously. So it's just that the needle triggers something. Unlike the other people, though, I'd rather get sliced...maybe I'm just weird ㅡ_ㅡ;;
elemdai
Just for kicks, I thought I'd show you the transmutation circle that I'm going to have put between my shoulder blades. I know it was from the floor of the room where Ed was questioned during his examinations, but I was wondering if anyone knew what it meant or was used for... I'm getting it anyhoo, it just looks cool tongue.gif
Edamame
Elemdai: I rather think that would make for a nice tattoo. I rather like the design. I am not sure if the design has any signifigance, but there are "abstract" chemical symbols on it. (I just don't know what they stand for. You might want to check out the Alchemy Database online, which gives you a detailed description of alchemical symbols dating from Ancient Greece to the early Twentieth Century) Exactly how large are you planning on having the tattoo artist make the tattoo? I can't visit this thread often, because it makes me want to have a tattoo. The problem is that I am never pleased with any of the designs I draw.. rolleyes.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.