Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I Got/am Getting FMA Tattoo On Me!
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1)
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Otoki Tomoe
QUOTE(Kyo_Umerio @ Mar 28 2005, 08:50 PM)
From the manga that i have read so far. theres not much different with scars story although a few of his kills differ and a few of his battles differ. also about his Scar... there was a very interesting Omake with scar a bit younger and the wound where the scar is scabbed over. and then someone pealed it off XD!!!
[snapback]141351[/snapback]

Ack! Where was that? =P
Umeko
QUOTE(Otoki Tomoe @ Mar 28 2005, 09:57 PM)
QUOTE(Kyo_Umerio @ Mar 28 2005, 08:50 PM)
From the manga that i have read so far. theres not much different with scars story although a few of his kills differ and a few of his battles differ. also about his Scar... there was a very interesting Omake with scar a bit younger and the wound where the scar is scabbed over. and then someone pealed it off XD!!!
[snapback]141351[/snapback]

Ack! Where was that? =P
[snapback]141356[/snapback]

DX, I believe.

And we haven't learned how Scar got his scar in the manga yet, but there have been hints that Kimbley had something to do with it. :D (At the very least, Kimbley has SOMETHING to do with Scar's past.)
Wolfwoodspromise
QUOTE(Umeko @ Mar 29 2005, 04:23 PM)
And we haven't learned how Scar got his scar in the manga yet, but there have been hints that Kimbley had something to do with it. biggrin.gif  (At the very least, Kimbley has SOMETHING to do with Scar's past.)
[snapback]141871[/snapback]

when did they say kimbley had anything to do with scar? i've read all 45 chapters and the only time we see kimbley is when the 5th lab blows up and we dont even see his face at all! he just gets all giddy from the sound of the explosion.
Umeko
QUOTE(Wolfwoodspromise @ Mar 29 2005, 08:05 PM)
when did they say kimbley had anything to do with scar? i've read all 45 chapters and the only time we see kimbley is when the 5th lab blows up and we dont even see his face at all! he just gets all giddy from the sound of the explosion.
[snapback]141978[/snapback]

I knew someone was going to ask this; it's pretty easy to miss, considering what else is going on at that point in the manga. (I should have just said where it was in the first place, jeez. >/) The only reason I remembered it is because 1) a few months ago a friend and I were trying to figure out how long Scar had had his arm and went back to his flashback to check, and 2) I reread the manga yesterday. XD

Anyway, it's in volume 4, chapter 16, pages 27 and 28 (or 160 and 161 if you're going by page numbers in the tankoubon). :D I'm pretty sure there was another time, too, but I can't remember when. :/ One of the more recent chapters, maybe?
Wolfwoodspromise
MAN i cant believe i forgot that part! i was thinking of the more recent ones with the return of scar to central hopefully in the upcoming chapters scars past will be revealed in full
Umeko
I agree, we need more Scar background info~~! Much luff for teh Scar-san. XD I'm so excited that he's back (and I make it painfully obvious).

IPB Image
Krauser
thanks aoisora i wanted a pic for a tattoo also but couldn't find one and nobody replied to my post. So thak you a lot.
Wolfwoodspromise
if you need any pics of scars tattoo i have plenty!
Unleashed_Chaos
QUOTE(Wolfwoodspromise @ Mar 29 2005, 06:05 PM)
QUOTE(Umeko @ Mar 29 2005, 04:23 PM)

And we haven't learned how Scar got his scar in the manga yet, but there have been hints that Kimbley had something to do with it. biggrin.gif  (At the very least, Kimbley has SOMETHING to do with Scar's past.)
[snapback]141871[/snapback]

[snapback]141978[/snapback]

I know what Kimbley has to do with Scar getting his scar. I would tell you but I dont wanna spoil anything. PM me if you wanna know I guess...

Cant wait to see that tatoo lol
Umeko
QUOTE(Unleashed_Chaos @ Apr 4 2005, 01:48 PM)
I know what Kimbley has to do with Scar getting his scar. I would tell you but I dont wanna spoil anything. PM me if you wanna know I guess...

Cant wait to see that tatoo lol

[snapback]146722[/snapback]

Not in the manga, though. ;D
Unleashed_Chaos
Well I saw all 51 episodes so it would be from the anime not the manga lol
Kyo_Umerio
QUOTE(Unleashed_Chaos @ Apr 4 2005, 05:45 PM)
[snapback]146861[/snapback]

well this is th manga section... so where does anything from the Anime have any point here o.O;;; especially due too the differences
Chiyo
Scars tattoo is cool, but I'll stick with my tattoo of the alchemy symbol. Its not too big.
Unleashed_Chaos
QUOTE(Kyo_Umerio @ Apr 4 2005, 07:43 PM)

well this is th manga section... so where does anything from the Anime have any point here o.O;;; especially due too the differences
[snapback]146939[/snapback]

Actually the latest FMA episodes have been running together with the manga chapters so thats where tongue.gif
Latest? What latest? Is episode 51 in the manga somewhere? Or you talkin about the FMA on CN? Even up to that point, there are plenty of differences between the manga and the anime. The anime changed too many things from the manga.
Umeko
QUOTE(Unleashed_Chaos @ Apr 6 2005, 07:24 PM)
QUOTE(Kyo_Umerio @ Apr 4 2005, 07:43 PM)

[snapback]146939[/snapback]

Actually the latest FMA episodes have been running together with the manga chapters so thats where :P
[snapback]148037[/snapback]

I frankly don't understand what you're trying to say, but THE POINT IS that Arakawa-sensei has not revealed in the manga what Kimbley has to do with Scar's past, or how Scar got his scar, or pretty much anything about Scar's background. All that we know (beyond the obvious - he's from Ishbal, he wants to kill State Alchemists for revenge, etc.) is that he had an older brother who was responsible for giving him that arm and was allegedly killed by a State Alchemist. We're bound to find out more in the near future, but for now that's it.
I think it's the individual's decision to get a tattoo or not. If he/she wants one, let him/her get it. I thought about mine for ages and now I finally got it. I love it to death and I don't give a shit how it will look when I'm old. ;D That's far away, I'm only 19. You gotta live.

And if anyone wonders, I got this:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v610/Min...in/524c538a.jpg

Want to think I'm stupid? Go ahead. <3
zoom314
I'll pass on the tatoo, But since no one responds to Me in any post I've made here since I renabled My membership here after losing My old posts and settings(It must be the fact that I use a Non Anime icon, It had been set then deleted along with most of My account previously), It doesn't matter I guess. sad.gif On the Outside looking Inside as usual. sad.gif
Guest_alchemy_wizard_*
[FONT=Courier][SIZE=7][COLOR=red]I say go get a tattoo, a good website is www.fullmetalalchemist.info and go to alchemy, it shows many of the transmutation circles used in the show.

have fun laugh.gif
DarkBlade_Alchemist
If you ask me i think you should go for tatoo, i think its a great idea i might just steal it from you. You should get it if you want to cuz if when you get older if you think FMA is stupid or gay (i don't know how you could) then you can get that laser surgery to get it taken off easy breezy!!!!
lordentropy
QUOTE(DarkBlade_Alchemist @ Jul 20 2005, 01:59 PM)
If you ask me i think you should go for tatoo, i think its a great idea i might just steal it from you. You should get it if you want to cuz if when you get older if you think FMA is stupid or gay (i don't know how you could) then you can get that laser surgery to get it taken off easy breezy!!!!
[snapback]220285[/snapback]

Yeah, because you won't regret getting the tattoo 20 years from now; and while it may cost 100-200 bucks to get the tat from a good artist; usually more depending on size and detail, it could cost anywhere from $1500 to $8500 to get it removed (depending on size and number of colors) and takes about 6-10 treatments; not so easy breezy, and since it's cosmetic surgery, health insurance won't pay any part of the removal.

And they can't insure complete removal.

And below is a true story about a friend of mine, his tattoo, and a very nice woman we met in a club.

My friend got a tattoo on his upper neck, "all under heaven", from the movie Hero. We went to see that movie and he decided he needed a tattoo. So we look it up on the internet (what a bunch of nerds we are) and we took it to the shop and he got it burned into the lower part of his neck; the collar line. So where in this club and he's dancing with this girl; she goes behind him and sees that tattoo on his neck. They come back to get a drink and she asks about it. Being the geeks we are, he asked if she'd ever saw the movie "Hero". She makes a face and says "I didn't like it at all; what about it". He then has to explain to her that he got it because he thought it was a cool phrase, and a good idea; she laughs and say "Wow, I really like rum but I'm not about to get a tattoo of Captain Morgan on my (expletive deleted)."

In his defense, he still managed to get a date that next friday from her.

The characters did, in fact, look cool, and from that day onward, if anyone asks what it is he just says "all under heaven" and changes the subject.

So when you've got this transmutation circle on you and some girl, or guy, sees it and asks about it and you reply "It's from a Japanese Cartoon." and you procede to explain the concept of the show and he/she gives you a disgusted look and goes elseware; how would you feel?

But then again, she could dig it, fall in love with you, get married and have kids that like FMA as much as you two do...

I don't want to talk you out of doing something you've got your heart set on; I got really close to getting my fraternity letters (Chi Phi, if any of you are out there) branded on the left side of my chest, the same spot where we affix our badge on formal wear. I mostly chickened out because my folks threatened to cut me off.

Do whatever, just make sure you're ready for it.
HYDROGEN ALCHEMIST
QUOTE(Guest @ Jul 15 2005, 12:41 PM)
I think it's the individual's decision to get a tattoo or not. If he/she wants one, let him/her get it. I thought about mine for ages and now I finally got it. I love it to death and I don't give a shit how it will look when I'm old. ;D That's far away, I'm only 19. You gotta live.

And if anyone wonders, I got this:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v610/Min...in/524c538a.jpg

Want to think I'm stupid? Go ahead. <3
[snapback]214530[/snapback]

Have't been here for a while, but...
read this thread, and clicked the link, and...
Awww, MAN... EXTREMELY SWEET!
Smashing reproduction!
I'm really taken with the tragic mystique of the Homunculi, and that tattoo is the visual representation of it all.

You have my admiration, whom ever you are! I'm still on the fence, about getting it done. Oh well,... we'll see.

Grand to see it on someone else, though!

Ciao.
The Man Who Laughed
I have a shitty Star of David tatto over my right breast and I want to change that into a nice transmutational circle and get a better Star on the back of my neck.My Star was done while I was in college.I also have this on my arm
http://us.f2.yahoofs.com/users/42cb7bc5za5...fzxc4CBJoTj3TOZ
colia
@Fruit

There was a discussion months ago about the latin on Scar's tattoo. I
can offer some extra information and slightly different translation.

The full text on the arm is:

"dop la" (left)
"terra a ndan, Colia" (center)
"sic ca" (right)

Some pictures show it as "dop aa" but I think thats wrong. I went through
each picture of it in the first 25 episodes and found a place or two where
it was clearly "La". Some places its so blurry that its impossible to tell and
there are diagrams in books where it is "aa", but "La" makes phrase sense
where "aa" means nothing at all.

I could not find "dop" in latin, but I did find "dopo" in italian and
dopo used phrases like "dopo la guerra" (after the war). So "dop la"
could be translated as "after the".

"terra" is earth/land

"ndan" - I could not find except as a turkish word. A previous reply said
that "ndan" was adam (religious) in greek. I could not confirm that either
but if its that, it would fit with the rest of the translation's theme. I dont
think the turkishish/albanian meaning would fit with the latin at all.

"sic ca" - I believe that this is an abbreviation of the latin phrase "sic circa"
meaning something like "thus around". It doesn't have to specifically be
associated with a year (as in the modern usage).

"colia" - I think this is a latinization of the greek "Kolia" which
means "the voice of God". The word has roots back to hebrew. This meaning
fits well with the concept of the philosopher's stone and the tattoo's origination
in ishbal. The Ishbal religion doesn't like alchemy because it tampers with the
god's perfect creation of the world. That would make the stone itself to them
something like the voice of god at the creation.

So I would roughly translate it as: "after the land around belonging to adam, the voice of god".

Or a non literal translation might be: "out of the garden of eden, the voice of god
from the creation".

I know latin words, but I dont know the grammer or phrase construction so
its probably off but close. The other thing that I can't figure out is how (or if)
the three groups are arranged into one phrase. The two sets of words to the
sides are phrase fragments, but its not clear how they fit with whats in the
center. "Colia" is obviously last but everything else could be in a few different
arrangements.

The other thing to consider is that the arrangement of the phrase might be
influenced by Japanese phrase construction. This is a three-way translation
from Japanese language thought into written Latin and then into english.
That would mean that the translation from latin might not flow very well as
an english phrase.
Lawl
QUOTE(Fruit @ Dec 3 2004, 07:25 AM)
lol, if u can't see em, somethings up with your end.....i posted them again....three posts up, probably on the third page by the time i make this post
[snapback]46987[/snapback]

I can't see the pictures either. sad.gif
Pamster
@Fruit

I'd like to see them too but they are coming up as red x's. I bet that hurt like hell getting it done though. You're brave. smile.gif
seventh_sky
@Fruit

I admire your bravery and dedication, but I'd like to see those pictures too.
Art of Misconception
To Hydrogen Alchemist: Oh my god. That's awesome! I would be tempted to get a pemanent tatoo now =D.

And to the guest: Please stop spamming by putting graphic words in people's threads. That's inappropriate and has nothing to do with the topic.
Fullmetal Fugazi
QUOTE(DarkBlade_Alchemist @ Jul 20 2005, 02:59 PM)
[right][snapback]220285[/snapback][/right]

I dont think you will think of FMA as corny or gay when you get older. Its a great story and great stories never get corny. Just dont get the tatoo too big. Keep the circle about an inch and a half to two inches and you'll be good, any bigger you will run the risk of it becoming tacky
Ed-Elric
i dont like tatoos but it is your Decision so here (note this is not my picture it is from a diffrent website)
Xx_TFA_xX
Well, actually, I don't think that transmutation circle would make a good tattoo.
Btw, many ppl wouldn't know what it is when they see it
Tombow
Yeah, but the "owner" of tattoo knows what it is and like it, and that's the most important part, I guess.
I wouldn't know because I don't have any.
Some of the circles have nice design, though. happy.gif
knottyldp
yeah, im not getting the tattoo to impress people, i'm getting it because i like the design more then anything else, i mean dont get me wrong i like fma but thats not the reason im getting it altho i am a little undecided as to whether or not to have it done as a tattoo becuase we all know, perfect circles by free hand are hard to come by ( just realised i may not have said this but i DO intend to get this as a tattoo)

i stole this pic from another foum and i hope the guy doesnt mind but he recently had scar's tattoo on his arm and i think its a great piece of ink to have on you

IPB Image
Tombow
Oh my, the whole Scar's arm reprica!! Wow!!
I think that one came out really nice.
As I said, as a design, some of the transmutation circles, and some other alchemic symbols, are quite beautiful, and fascinating to look at.

@knottyldp - I think you are right about getting the perfect circle by free hand.
(Not that I know anything about tattoo. laugh.gif )
BlueMark
I have a modified Scar tattoo on my right arm. Kind of like knottyldp's but except where the elbow to the shoulder i have a different design. Something i did, a custom trans. circle actually. Best 6hrs ive spent in the chair.

If you want custom designs let me know, i can draw it out, and send it to you
knottyldp
thats not my arm by the way, you post seems to imply you think it is
BlueMark
my bad, missed the part about taking it.
Tombow
And, I'm not the one getting tattoo. laugh.gif
But, thanks for the nice offer!! smile.gif
niagra flame
QUOTE(Gashole @ Nov 9 2004, 05:37 PM) [snapback]33865[/snapback]

How old are you? You may want to think about it carefully. It seems cool now, but later in your life you might think FMA is the stupidest/crappiest/etc. show and kick yourself on the head everyday for bearing that tattoo.

i agree 10 years from now you may think fma is stupid and youll still have the tatoo but its your choice wink.gif
Dark_Ninja_Alchemist
Hey, To Each Is Own. << I hope thats how to say that. I've heard it used in kinda the same situation.

Anyways...
[/quote]
Alchemy is not a dead science... I am 21 yrs old and go to Tram College, a college for the Esteric Arts (Alchemy.) Alchemy does use circles, big ones, small ones, any kind. You can transmute thing from broken down structures(matter) using spiritual energy. I'll check back in in a week to answer any questions. P.S. My Alchemist "code name" was given to me because of a lightning Alchemical reaction. They replaced my bones with metal ones.
[/quote]

Yeah I'de like to hear more about Tram College. Sounds REALLY COOL!!!
oxide7
I know this is an old topic and such, but i figured i'd point out the fact the scar also has writing on the INSIDE of his forearm. Its in the manga.

THat might help explain the words and such...
rusty_lock
good luck with the whole tattoo thing:) , it shows you are pretty bloody devoted to thins thing, i hope you dont regret this.
Cheater
From Wikipedia:

The Latin words on Scar's arm are:

dopo la terra sic ca a ndan, colia
The exact ordering of the words can be disputed. Some animation and even some books incorrectly show the second word as "aa" rather than "la". Of the words, "colia" is probably the greek "Kolia" latinized and means "voice of god" which may be a religious allusion to the Philosopher's Stone. The word "ndan" may or may not be the biblical Adam. The word "ca" is a Latin abbreviation of "Circa" The phrase may not seem correct when translated into English because it was translated into Latin from Japanese.
varanus
1stly a picture of bush on ur arm? bush was the one thats gonna start world war 3... and btw that wouuld be cool having a transmutation circle on ur arm but im not sure where a picture of 1 is
kenderoth
If i was going to get a tatto i'd et the humunculis symbol.
Aleesha Elric
wasnt there another person who did the tattoo in this forum?

Was gonna be me. I decided on a transmutation circle around my belly button, so that might be an idea for ya
Bahamut Zero
i think i'll have a tattoo with some of this stuff sooner or later. I've always been kind of an exoteric guy wink.gif
vashwstarwind
I already got a piece of Scars tattoo tattooed on my left arm just like him. I actually got 2 FMA tattoos.
sweety_pie
You wanted a picture of a transmutation circle tatoo? Here's a pic I found on a website.

http://www.bmezine.com/tattoo/A60518/high/bmepb274110.jpg
Ninth Alchemist
QUOTE(shibishibi @ Nov 10 2004, 05:46 AM) [snapback]33860[/snapback]

I NEEEEEEDD help, I'm seriously thinking of getting a tatoo of one of the transmutation circles or any kind of art that appears in the series, I think they look awesome specially the one that Ed was going to use to create the stone on laboratory 5(I can't remeber the episode right now;) well, if anyone knows about a website with transmutation C. pics please send them to me!!!!!!. by the way if anyone leaves in stockton send me your messenger screen name mine is dj_quiksilver2000@hotmail.com.

SHIBI SHIBI!!!!!!!1

I'm not for tatoos myself (not just because of age) but ithink that if you do get a tatoo, you should get it on the backe of you neck. To me that seems cooler somehow.
But since were talking about it where is the post for the inner goings of alchemy?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.