Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I Got/am Getting FMA Tattoo On Me!
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1)
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Le Monkey
@Fruit

i still cant see any of the immages!!

They sound so cool
Fruit
lol, if u can't see em, somethings up with your end.....i posted them again....three posts up, probably on the third page by the time i make this post
Zio
If I ever decide to get a tattoo, I wouldn't get something complicated like a Transmutation Circle. Nah, I would get an Urburous Tattoo on my left hand like Greed. That would be cool. Until I get old. Then it would look messed up.

Don't get a tattoo just because you like an anime now. After all, it's painful to get it on your skin, painful to get it off your skin, and it can help the police identify you if you commit a crime.
hitokiri
theres a transmuation circle page somewhere... i think theres a link to one in one of the threads in the jp section. but one general piece of advice, pick a place you can cover if you have to.
Riza Babe
QUOTE(Thievesvinegar @ Nov 9 2004, 06:23 PM)
wasnt there another person who did the tattoo in this forum?

I say go for it.

Well yeah that guy who err did something nasty to his arm and you don't wanna know ph34r.gif ph34r.gif
hitokiri
QUOTE(Riza Babe @ Dec 8 2004, 08:31 PM)
QUOTE(Thievesvinegar @ Nov 9 2004, 06:23 PM)
wasnt there another person who did the tattoo in this forum?

I say go for it.

Well yeah that guy who err did something nasty to his arm and you don't wanna know ph34r.gif ph34r.gif

damnit why'd you bring it up then?! now i want to know, and get pics if possible. w
Carnal Malefactor
File this under: "decisions you'll come to regret very quickly"
OsirianAlchemy
QUOTE(xrninja @ Nov 9 2004, 06:18 PM)
and when you get old, saggy, and wrinkly, the circle won't look like a circle anymore.

*shivers* And hope you didnt put it anywere provocative laugh.gif blink.gif
ecc101
there's an old saying about tats...

no names, no faces.... stick to that, you should be ok. Tribal was cool when i was 20. still is, it's just not "in" anymore. i almost got a bio-hazard" symbol on my calf, that was long, long ago. i never did get one.

if/when you DO go get one, don't be cheap. find the best artist you can. they aren't cheap, but going to an artist that has a clean (i STRESS that one) studio, one that can afford advertising and (this one is big) has been in a few mags will assure you they no what they are doing and are LICENSED to do what they do..

that being said, i think it's a cool idea. and when people ask you, be cryptic. say it's a "mystical diagram" lol....
DarkWater Alchemist
I say that's it's fine to get a tattoo when you've well overthought it all. And, some of the signs as the orobouros and Ed's jacket sign have a meaning... I don't want a tattoo, but if I would, I would go for the cross with the snake. smile.gif
_alchemist
whatever you do, do not get a tatoo on your stomach. when you're old and wrinkly, it will look like shit, seriously. my aunt got a tatoo when she was 18 on her stomach and now it looks like....well...basically it looks like she has had some severe skin damage near that area, lol. you should get a tatoo near your collar bone, because there is less skin there and it's not that prone to wrinkling. [like the one Sensei Izumi has! i'm actually considering getting the serpent cross tattooed on my collar bone].
Foolio
i would recomend the one thats in Scar's room (not so much a circle as a design)

edit- here we go
bdogthehog
Just frickin go for the tat,,, and here is a link to a site that has a lot of them, plus its a pretty good site as well.

http://www.fullmetalalchemist.info/alchemy.html

peace
inneRdemonS
i was thinking the same thing, but there soo many, they all look mad cool. But heres the problem, when you get old, whats it gonna look like? blink.gif It can go From hot to not... but id say, get one with out teh snake on the cross. Id say, go for something from teh 1st, or 2nd esp. that one seems to be the most decorate one of all. and if you want, you can put it on your back, and like int eh sceen when Al and Ed are making it, make is seem like they are putting it on your back, as if you back was the ground, and they were in that sceen.... if you get what im saying, it would come out illative
Daveman!
I still kinda what Scar's tatoo, that'd be pimp biggrin.gif
Maes-Hughes
I dont think you know what you are doing if you want to get a tattoo you should read more about tattoos and get opinions from other people
hidden_death
i really don't think the tatoo thing is a good idea
Crystal Alchemist
Bah, if you really want a tattoo, go ahead!
When u get old I'm sure that will have many cheap ways of removing it.
And a Bush's tattoo? OMG...
Stained_Wings
ii don't like the idea of a tattoo of ANYTHING anime. cuz one of these days you'll grow out of it or just be too busy to do much of anything anime-related. if you really wanna get a tattoo, though, get a henna tattoo. those come off after a few weeks/months, don't they?
Hikari no Hohenheim
I support the tatoo, btw. Do it! Is cool, really cool. I bear 8 tatoos biggrin.gif
[Edward]
Like ^^(the guy above[or girl])

a breakdown of the symbols used for the transmutation circles, they have their one meanings; you just have to figure out what they are.. Most of them are directly traced back to the astronomy related symbols. Their was several different articles i read that mentioned that some of these symbols were those of the planets in our solar systems. (wish i could explain better, and had the link)

About the tattoos, whoever is thinking about getting one. IT is YOUR Body. DO what you want with it. But later if you don't like it... you get to live with the concequences. That's my advice. I also say go for it.
Wolfwoodspromise
yea i support the tattoo idea as well! i in fact plan on getting scars tattoo and many more. i love art and tattoo's are great great form of art and i'll be getting more in the future as well! and i dont think i'll ever get tired of them due to my undying love of art, the day i stop loving art is the day my soul dies and that will never happen! plus i work out so after i get the tattoo i will do a Scar cosplay! it will be so awesome! biggrin.gif

does anyone have a full sized pic of scars tattoo? i really need pics cause i want to actually get that tattoo tattooed on my arm full sized but i need a full pic can somebody help me out? and once i have the tattoo i'll post pics here to show it off! biggrin.gif

<Merging "Scar's Tatto" thread with 4 pages of posts of "getting Scar's Tattoo" discussions to "I got/am getting FMA Tatto on me" thread. Also, merged the double posting as a result of the thread merge. 06/04/07 ~Tombow>

Kyo_Umerio
actually you would need multiple pics because it goes all around his arm, so it would require at least 4 pics to get it exact, or a pic of it spread out like an atlas would be
Wolfwoodspromise
thats why i said pics i know i need more than one so does anyone have them?
AoiSora
These are from the Material Collection book. It is Scar's Array. On his arm it might be different from shot to shot just because of the difficultly of animating it.

6 point array:
Click to view attachment
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/Aoi...c/scararray.jpg

8 point array:
Click to view attachment
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/Aoi...rray-8point.jpg

I believe it is the 6 point array that is on his arm, but not 100% sure. You are a bigger fan than I, to get that really tatooed on your arm! You are the second person too. I remember posting this before for someone. Good luck and remember to show pictures when you are done!

<Added Attachments. 06/04/07 ~Tombow>
Kyo_Umerio
o.o i cant remember.... the top part is the part on the wrist right???
AoiSora
more like his forarm

See the cove of the DVD 5 and you can see more clearly
Wolfwoodspromise
OH THANK YOU THANK YOU! I WILL POST PICS OF MY ARM ONCE I GET THIS TATOO! but first i have to make sure i have enough money this things gunna cost me some major $$$ but where i work its about to get really busy and that means more hours! damn 50th it will kill me. biggrin.gif

AoiSora does the Material Collection book have any pics actually showing off his tattoo in full? or are they any pics that show it off really good? the DvD 5 pic is far to small to make a correct tattoo!

so far thats the only image i got of his arm

<Merged double posts. 06/04/07 ~Tombow>
AoiSora
This is the only one that shows his arm, don't know how helpful it is though...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/Aoi...n_misc/scar.jpg

And good luck with your tatoo! Just don't going blowing out people's brains with your new arm... or else we know it was you! laugh.gif...unless they were evil people! then it is ok!
Wolfwoodspromise
yea the pic helps alot more so i can draw it out my self. the only thing that bugs me which array is the one that is on his arm? and i will only blow peoples brains in the name of god if they sin in anyway i see fit biggrin.gif so you swear in front of me you better start running! oh but you might not be fast enough! laugh.gif
Steel Alchemist
They are a reminder of his brother
Wolfwoodspromise
yea we kinda know that, he's say its a gift from my brother! AoiSora do you know which array is on his upper arm/bicep is it the six or the eight? this tatoo must be as great as possible! it's gunna remain on body the rest of my life! biggrin.gif
AoiSora
I think the 6 point is closer to what is on his arm. The 8 point should be the final one that makes the stone.

and it seems that it is the array minus the circle. So you can really go either way, just have the circle cleaned out, and then it depends how complicated you want to get.
HYDROGEN ALCHEMIST
QUOTE(Wolfwoodspromise @ Mar 19 2005, 10:28 AM)
yea i support the tattoo idea as well! i in fact plan on getting scars tattoo and many more. i love art and tattoo's are great great form of art and i'll be getting more in the future as well! and i dont think i'll ever get tired of them due to my undying love of art, the day i stop loving art is the day my soul dies and that will never happen! plus i work out so after i get the tattoo i will do a Scar cosplay! it will be so awesome! biggrin.gif
[snapback]136015[/snapback]

Wolfwoodspromise,

When you get SCAR'S TATTOO, and you're in your COSPLAY garb,....
How'bout posting a PIC on the site,... so we could see the handiwork. I, for one, would really like to see it.

But hey,... NO PREASURE.
Only if you feel like it.

Regardless,.. good luck with the TATTOO!... AND the COSPLAY! smile.gif
darknite
QUOTE(Wolfwoodspromise @ Mar 19 2005, 07:50 AM)
does anyone have a full sized pic of scars tattoo? i really need pics cause i want to actually get that tattoo tattooed on my arm full sized but i need a full pic can somebody help me out? and once i have the tattoo i'll post pics here to show it off! biggrin.gif
[snapback]136010[/snapback]

best of luck with the tattoo thing...maybe when im 18 ill get one like that....but maybe ill do it on my back instead of my arm, though that is one MASSIVE tattoo, lol
Kyo_Umerio
i've already decided on what tattoo i'm getting... i wish i could get it on my hand, but that wouldn't be a good idea for work purposes
AoiSora
I was re-reading the manga and came across this picture:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/Aoi...sc/scar-arm.jpg

I hope it helps!
Subarashi
Have fun and get it, besides when your old I don't think you'll really care all that much if it sags or not. uruboros looks too much like any other tribal tattoos out there. Here's a link to a page that has a lot of alchemic designs.

http://www.fullmetalalchemist.info/alchemy.html

Just don't choose the human transmutation circle, I think you'd need your whole back for that one!
Guest_joker_*
QUOTE(Wolfwoodspromise @ Mar 19 2005, 06:50 AM)
[snapback]136010[/snapback]

Senefen
Wow thats commitment!
If I got one I'd get Ed or Al's symbol on the inside of my wrist.
I dont have any pics I'm afraid, but best of luck! should look really cool!
Wolfwoodspromise
WOW you are awesome AoiSora you are awesome! but theres something that bugs me the pictures of the arrays and the manga pic look quite different although after looking at the tattoo it resembles 6 more so yet its still different but i think i'll go with the more complicated of the two and if i'm crazy enough i'll put the 8 point array on my left arm for even more power! biggrin.gif

but the the forearm part of tattoo remains the same in all three variants of the tattoo. and AoiSora can you translate the latin on them or can you direct me to somebody who can! and if you live in california i'll get you in to disneyland free! biggrin.gif i also plan to get the Elrics cross at somepoint in time but i dunno were i'll put it! but before that i'm gunna put some kanji on shoulders

QUOTE(HYDROGEN ALCHEMIST @ Mar 19 2005, 08:27 PM)
QUOTE(Wolfwoodspromise @ Mar 19 2005, 10:28 AM)
[snapback]136015[/snapback]

Wolfwoodspromise,

When you get , and you're in your COSPLAY garb,....
How'bout posting a PIC on the site,... so we could see the handiwork. I, for one, would really like to see it.

But hey,... NO PREASURE.
Only if you feel like it.

Regardless,.. good luck with the TATTOO!... AND the COSPLAY! smile.gif
[snapback]136326[/snapback]

OH YEA i will post it up! only bad thing is that i work and disneyland and there real strict about tattoo's so i'll be wearing long sleeves all the time even in summer which will really suck but its a pain i must endure for the love and pursuit of art! laugh.gif

<Merged double posts. 06/04/07 ~Tombow>
Kyo_Umerio
theres a Tattoo from FMA i wanna get too. it would be really kewl to get on my hand, but that might not be good if i want a job in the future happy.gif;;; lol so i guess it'll go on my shoulder
AoiSora
QUOTE(Guest @ Dec 2 2004, 10:19 PM)
the meaning of is (already read the others partialy right)

Terra: Land
A: and
Ndan: Reign
Colia: Sky

Land and reign sky

since its not a complete sentence you could change ti to go like

Land and the reign of the sky
The reing of sky and land

and there r other meanings they could also be greek words which terra is the same thing in greek but not Ndan and Colia

Ndan is the religious word for Adam from the garden in greek colia is The End

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but this isn't right.

Terra is ok, but "a" in Latin means "from" (a place or time) or "away from" (a place) or "since" (a time) or "by" (as in "cursed by those men" not "cursed by swearing a lot" or "stood by those men") (as well as a few other uses), "caelum" (plural caela) means sky, and "regnare" (verb) or "regnum" (noun) means reign. So: "Terra et regnum caeli" (Land and reign of sky) or "Regnum caeli et terrae" (Reign of sky and land). Also, if this really was Latin, you couldn't just rearrange the words, even if it wasn't a complete sentence. The word always indicates what part of speech it is. Thus, "terra" would have to be the subject of the sentence, and colia could be either a plural subject, a plural direct object, a singular subject, or the object of "a", depending on what the word actually is (hard to tell since it doesn't seem to be a real Latin word).

Terra = Earth/God/Life
A = ?
Ndan = reign/destruction/doom/birth/life
Colia = man/walker/beast/person

Same deal down here: god=deus, reign=regnare, destruction=exitium, doom=fatum or damnare, birth=partus, life=vita, man=homo or vir, walker=ambulator or incessor, beast=bestia or belua, person=homo or persona.

"Colia" and "Ndan" aren't Latin words as far as I know.

This may be Greek, though I don't really know any Greek so I can't help there.

Also, the smaller words aren't Latin either, at least I don't recognize them and I can't find anything similar in my dictionary. I do know, though, that "aa" is a Hawaiian term for a certain kind of lava, and "ca" is short for "circa" from the Latin word for "around" commonly used for dates, as in "So-and-so was born ca. 1860"

I really wish I could have been of more help. sad.gif But all I can tell you here is what it ISN'T and that arm isn't Latin.
[snapback]46253[/snapback]

This is from that old Scar Tatoo form. So... That is all I can help you with. Sorry about that.

Oh and give you a close up of it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/Aoi...array-close.jpg
Wolfwoodspromise
THANKS AGAIN! didnt hiromu arakawa ever mention what the writing on the tattoo means or a perfect translation?
AoiSora
Not that I have seen. It might be one of those cases that it just looked good. It happens all the time, that is why you see so much bad english in manga. But then again, nothing in Hagaren has just been there to look good. There has always been a reason. So she probably has one, we just don't know it yet. Maybe when she does the back story of Scar in the manga some explanation will be given.
Kyo_Umerio
hopefully, do you think they will put his back story into a Gaiden? and yea i bet the words mean something very vital to the series, but if you think about it i bet they mean something about destruction and recreation since the array is used else where in the series *coughs* wont mention spoilers.
Wolfwoodspromise
i would love see to a FMA graphic novel entirely devoted to scar's backstory where we learn everthing about him!
Kyo_Umerio
maybe not an ENTIRE! manga, but maybe 1/4 or so lol
Otoki Tomoe
I think AoiSora is absolutely right. So far, Hagaren has been very accurate (to the extent of my knowledge, anyway) and nothing Arakawa-sensei has done so far has been without meaning. I wonder if she's an alchemist herself?

Oh, do we know anything about Scarís scar and his past in the manga? Iíve seen the anime, but I wonder if his story in the manga will be any different, and if so, how different?

Also: good luck with that tattoo. Thatís seriously going to look awesome! I canít wait for the pics. happy.gif
Kyo_Umerio
From the manga that i have read so far. theres not much different with scars story although a few of his kills differ and a few of his battles differ. also about his Scar... there was a very interesting Omake with scar a bit younger and the wound where the scar is scabbed over. and then someone pealed it off XD!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.