Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Newtype May, More Movie Bits
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1) > FMA Conqueror of Shambala Movie
Pages: 1, 2
Sycia
News from Japan:

May Newtype articles touches on more in the Fullmetal Alchemist movie.

- Major spoilers -
Do not scroll down unless you've seen the whole series.

-

3 pages on movie info:
Also, please refer to translator's notes for more info.
*Very large images, about 230 each.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Translator's Notes:
-----------------------

Page 1*
- '3,000 ri to see big brother' is a minor title spoof from a famous old cartoon (Japan) '3,000 ri to see mother'. Ri = a Chinese / Japanese form of measurement and 1 ri is equivalent to 2.44 miles.

Page 2*
- The untranslated orange section at the left talks about the Fullmetal Alchemist attraction Universal Studios Japan. With some pictures on merchandise, and at the bottom, 3 screenshots of the short animated clip specially made for the attraction and shown no where else.

Page 3*
- The untranslated right is a little 'diary' on the director's 10-day trip to 4 European countries.

- Now excuse me while I faint from exhaustion... x_X

Sources
---------------
Newtype May 2005
Chiyo
I knew I was right about that damned coat biggrin.gif

Oh, I can't take the excitement anymore. Thank you so much Sycia for doing this (go rest).
Sycia
Now I can't help but also feel that little theory on Heiderich's brother was that body Ed bonked his way into the first time he came to our world...

Also, thinking of what Armstrong will do to Al if he sees him is amusing~
Chiyo
So many theories and questions...how come we haven't exploded out of excitement yet?

Oh and there is some more pics in Character Discussion. Not asking you to translate now understand, just informing you.
Sycia
x_X So many magazines, but so little energy...

Though don't worry, most of the magazines have similiar content~

*hint* Unless someone pays me, I think I can only do 1 per month X *dies*
Chiyo
Ah, no, don't die *fans* Its just this one has pics from the part of the film with Ed and Al as they were in this world with the Homonculus and the military. But no, you sleep. biggrin.gif
Sycia
Oh oh~! That~ Those are them screenshots from the special clip made for the USJ attraction (which I DO want to go, but I live in Tokyo, the attraction's all the way in Osaka)~

>_< I wonder if they'll ever release that trailer out on DVD or something (ANYTHING). I'll definitely get it...
Chiyo
Oh I see now, silly me, but thats what you get when you can't read Japanese laugh.gif
Guest_alchemist_*
OMG!!! i just cant wait for the movie!!! i can feel! its nearing!!!!
Wait a minute...
Ed meet a new person?
He look like Roy Mustang to me!
Ann
どうもありがとうございます!!! (<-- The absolute limit of my Japanese) I can't imagine how exhausting translating that all was. o.O

But that's sad about Hawkeye and Mustang. I really hope they haven't had a falling out! There had better be more to that little blurb than what is written. Hawkeye and Mustange are my favorite couple!

And wasn't there a reference to an alter-Hughes in the section about the Landlady? ("Who's that cool guy who's always with her?") At least there can be that! I really would like to see Hughes play a part just one more time... (even if it has to be an alter character who doesn't even have a daughter. T.T)

Anyway, I'd speculate some more, but it really doesn't do any good. May as well wait for the next Newtype.

Thanks again for the super translation Sycia! I don't know what I'd do without you.
Reluna
I'm a little less creeped out by Ed clothes Al now, which is good. But now I'm even more anxious for the movie!
cutewitch
!!!!
thanks for the translation! what a nice weekend candy!!!!
the directors are so skillful in creating suspense and manipulating info leaking bit by bit--it kills me XD
yannathedemonalchemist
thnaks for the info on the movie.....now i definitely can't wait to see it......cya all soon........
radda
wow...does anyone (besides you, Sycia. you take a nap.) know enough japanese to translate the universal studios thinggy? it sound cool...
ScarredSweetheart
And the reasons to watch this movie keep piling up.
Zarpia
Thank you sooooooo much Sycia y wich i was in japan, loky you.
Phyco girl
Thanks soooo much for the translation Sycia happy.gif

I'm REALLY excited for the movie! I'm going to learn Japanese. I wonder when the movie will come out in the US though. Does anyone know??? blink.gif (talking about when it comes out on video. Probably won't be in theatres in the US, right?)
Merc
Wow, so Roy is a PRIVATE?! That's worse than we all thought! XD That poor guy, he abandoned his rank, and now he and Riza are sepparated! NOOOOOOOO!!! Actually, it'll be interested to see exactly why he abandoned his rank and made sure he was posted in the north.

Thanks a million for the translation Syca!

~Merc
Kasumi
Roy is a corporal, not private. He's at least 3 ranks higher than a private... ^^;; *is trying her best to be positive but failing miserably*
Merc
No, read the article. It says, quote, "Mustang abandoned his rank and chose to be posted as a private at the national border."

~Merc
Electrastar
QUOTE(Merc @ Apr 10 2005, 12:47 PM)
Wow, so Roy is a PRIVATE?! That's worse than we all thought! XD That poor guy, he abandoned his rank, and now he and Riza are sepparated! NOOOOOOOO!!! Actually, it'll be interested to see exactly why he abandoned his rank and made sure he was posted in the north.

~Merc
[snapback]150017[/snapback]

Gahh...I know, I felt the same way when I first read the article a couple of hours ago. But taking time to let the news sink in, him abandonning his rank makes more sense to me. He did evreything he could in the begining to gain power, because before the end of the series, political power also belongned to the militalry...wich isn't the case anymore. So in a way, he has no more reason to be a high class officer and he wants to do more good, he's better off doing missions where he can....It's a fresh start for him and I think it's good....But I was sad to hear that he got seperated from Riza...I mean, the last episode where she's by his bedside and when they we're shopping together was so cute, I was like : "Finally, they'll get together" I hope they can endure a long distance relationship

And I am still kinda against the whole Al-lookalike-Ed...I don't know, his individuality isn't the same anymore now that he has long hair, gloves and his brother's old coat....Dammit, can't wait to see that movie.
Merc
I think, like the article suggests, that Roy's trying to attone for everything he's ever done in the milatary. As a private he has no power at all, but he's also able to get onto those front lines and interract with those who need help. It's interesting that he decided not to stay an alchemist though. That was something I hadn't expected.

~Merc
Kasumi
QUOTE(Merc @ Apr 10 2005, 04:09 PM)
No, read the article. It says, quote, "Mustang abandoned his rank and chose to be posted as a private at the national border."

~Merc
[snapback]150032[/snapback]

Yes, I know, but Roy's insignia is one star one stripe, whereas a Private's insignia has no stripes. That's why Roy's a corporal.

EDIT: Although for some strange reason, the article says "itto hei" which is Private 1st class. The insignia and his rank don't match. huh.gif Weird...
cutewitch
just read from another site about the degradation of roy: he chose to be degraded out of regret and sorrow--he's still bothered by his past and the death of meaz and "ed" ( he did not see the door of truth and thus in their world, ed had disappeared~~) and many many other killings he had conducted~~ hence he applied to be "down-graded" and went to the border as a private 8_8

QUOTE(Electrastar @ Apr 10 2005, 12:19 PM)
QUOTE(Merc @ Apr 10 2005, 12:47 PM)

~Merc
[snapback]150017[/snapback]

Gahh...I know, I felt the same way when I first read the article a couple of hours ago. But taking time to let the news sink in, him abandonning his rank makes more sense to me. He did evreything he could in the begining to gain power, because before the end of the series, political power also belongned to the militalry...wich isn't the case anymore. So in a way, he has no more reason to be a high class officer and he wants to do more good, he's better off doing missions where he can....It's a fresh start for him and I think it's good....But I was sad to hear that he got seperated from Riza...I mean, the last episode where she's by his bedside and when they we're shopping together was so cute, I was like : "Finally, they'll get together" I hope they can endure a long distance relationship

And I am still kinda against the whole Al-lookalike-Ed...I don't know, his individuality isn't the same anymore now that he has long hair, gloves and his brother's old coat....Dammit, can't wait to see that movie.
[snapback]150040[/snapback]

Edo-mame
The new info seems a bit depressing...(but thanx for the hard work Sycia!) and I'm kinda worried about Hohenheim... "going missing". If Envy got to him... whos gonna fix Edo's arm now laugh.gif ??(I think the director is hinting at something... he/she laughs when talking about Envy and Hohenheim...)

Roy... is such a sad character now... abandoning his rank and alchemist title to be a "normal" soldier to atone for sins. I hope something good comes out of this. And also... I'm kinda suspicious of why Riza is still at central as a private. Isn't her reason for being in the military to protect Roy and help him achieve his goals? Whats her reason now for staying in the military?

Finally, I hope they don't go and change Al into someone who he's not. It's starting to bother me more and more that he's become so much like Edo. (but what sneaky people the producers are, they noticed that Edo left his coat behind during the last couple episodes and now they've found a way to bring it back)
lialiakicks
I LUV YOU SYCIA!!!!!! (Oh, and try to get some sleep... DON"T DIE!!! WE NEED YOU & LUV YOU!!!)

*cough* Erm, anyways...

The whole "frig the military" and Roy thing is kinda sad. I mean, he worked so hard to become Furher, and then he decided it wasn't worth it and became a Private... ;___; I duuno; I just find it sad. As long as he's happy, I'm happy. happy.gif I just hope Riza and Roy will be able to have a couple of scenes together in the movie!!! >_<

Oh, and the "Who's that cool guy following Gracia" BETTER be referring to Hughes!!! @_@ I wanna see Hughes again! (Even if it is an alter-Hughes) I need his good 'ol luv to lift up the mood! happy.gif Yay for Hughes! Hughes is LUV!!!

Oh, and one more thing...

AHHHHHHH!!!! I WANNA WATCH THE MOVIE SO BAD NOW!!! BONZAAAAAIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!

... kay, I'm done now. happy.gif
Saturn Stars
I know alot of Japanese but have a hard time reading it. So I thankyou for translating this and I hope to god that you can rest now! Your wonderful *Huggles*
Zarpia
Yeah Sycia, you're the best, hope you can get some sleep too.
Merc
Thanks for more of the info cutewitch. Roy's starting to act like Kenshin though, and for those of you who saw the (Kenshin) movie, that's not a good sign. x_x;

~Merc
Jellybean
Thank you so much, Sycia! We all really appreciate your hard work! biggrin.gif

I kind of like the whole twist with Roy giving up his rank. It's really romantic.(As if Roy weren't angsty and sexy enough already, eh?) I'm really sad for Riza, though. Her whole purpose in life was to support Roy on his way to becoming Fuhrer, and now that can't happen anymore and they've apparently had some sort of falling out. It's tragic! What is poor Riza doing with herself now that she can't pursue her original goals? sad.gif

They have to have Hughes in the movie. He was such a great character, and he got even more popular after he died. It would be so great if they had an alternate Hughes in Munich. Aww, he and Gracia could be falling in love all over again. wub.gif

Wow, their advertising is really well managed. I'm dying of excitement here! And every little detail they release makes me want to see the movie more!
miss_neko
^ how is roy giving up his rank romanic? lol n.n
AA battery
OMG SYCIA, THANKS SO MUCH~~!!! *getting an Alphonse E. complex now w <3 <3 <3*
Yukina_Raven
Thanks a million times to you, Sycia! happy.gif

Man, just when I thought I couldn't get any more excited for this movie... these scans pop up! Sad to hear Riza will no longer be working under Roy. :-( But they did hint at their relationship so we'll see what, if anything, happends.

Also... I'm still wondering about what Paku Romi said in that interview awhile back.. Something about Al getting a 'lovey-dovey scene' or something? Now we have to wonder which Al and with whom?
Jellybean
QUOTE(miss_neko @ Apr 10 2005, 05:11 PM)
^ how  is roy giving up his rank romanic? lol n.n
[snapback]150134[/snapback]

I meant in a dramatic way, not a lovey-dovey way. The whole "atonement" thing reeks of melodrama, and I think it suits Roy pretty well. happy.gif
Merc
I'm really sad for Riza, though. Her whole purpose in life was to support Roy on his way to becoming Fuhrer, and now that can't happen anymore and they've apparently had some sort of falling out.

Oh come on now, Riza's not THAT one-dimensional. Her career aspiration was helping Roy reach the top, I highly doubt that was her "whole purpose in life." I understand what you're saying, but still, I don't think Riza's so stupid as to not have planned (or at least prepared) herself for something like this to happen.

~Merc
Electrastar
QUOTE(Jellybean @ Apr 10 2005, 03:03 PM)
They have to have Hughes in the movie.  He was such a great character, and he got even more popular after he died.  It would be so great if they had an alternate Hughes in Munich.  Aww, he and Gracia could be falling in love all over again.  wub.gif

[snapback]150127[/snapback]

According to an article in Newtype USA, Keji Fujiwara (the voice of Hughes) was informed by the director of the movie that his character will make an apperance so yup, we'll get to see Hughes in the movie laugh.gif
Zarpia
According to an article in Newtype USA, Keji Fujiwara (the voice of Hughes) was informed by the director of the movie that his character will make an apperance so yup, we'll get to see Hughes in the movie 

Yey, i was waiting for that to be true
Merc
I'm sure that'll warp Ed's mind. That boy is gonna need some serious therapy when this movie ends.

~Merc
I wait every month just to see your translation, good work!
Jellybean
QUOTE(Merc @ Apr 10 2005, 05:51 PM)
I'm really sad for Riza, though. Her whole purpose in life was to support Roy on his way to becoming Fuhrer, and now that can't happen anymore and they've apparently had some sort of falling out.

Oh come on now, Riza's not THAT one-dimensional. Her career aspiration was helping Roy reach the top, I highly doubt that was her "whole purpose in life." I understand what you're saying, but still, I don't think Riza's so stupid as to not have planned (or at least prepared) herself for something like this to happen.

~Merc
[snapback]150177[/snapback]

Good point, Riza's probably the most stable character, so I'm sure she didn't crawl into a ditch and die or anything. laugh.gif Still, she must have had to go through quite a transition. Maybe that's why she looks even more badass than usual on the postcards.

Aw hell, I just realized that the girl in the screencaps from the trailer really looks like Roze without the pink hair streaks, given the shape of the hair and the skin tone. *pukes* I hope I'm wrong.
Fullmetal Fangirl
WOW....wait, whats with Riza?!

Dummy, go back! Go back, Roys in the other direction!

Grrr, thats sad, cmon, how are you suposed to protect someone when they're not even there...

im thinking that in the movie, well this is what i think, she'll probably go back to...where ever Roy is since she mosses him so much or something, and cant really do much without him there by her...wow, i should write a fanfic on that or somthing....

btw, Sycia, ive found another lot of magazine scans. i think there from Animedia, and they seriously need translations!!!

PLEASE! not like im forcin ya, but please? can ya?
anime_manga_fan
WHOOT! I thought it was Al but I wasn't 100% sure. I put the third Magazine scan as a Desktop. Its cool! biggrin.gif

Is it out already in Japanese stands? blink.gif

Edit: 103 days... 103 days... 103 days... *goes on*
QUOTE(Merc @ Apr 10 2005, 02:43 PM)
Thanks for more of the info cutewitch. Roy's starting to act like Kenshin though, and for those of you who saw the (Kenshin) movie, that's not a good sign. x_x;

~Merc
[snapback]150105[/snapback]

I gotta agree,, 100% pure kenshin.i hope roy and riza are reunited.

hmmmm maybe they seperated for a good reson.
Fullmetal Fangirl
^ double post.

sorry Sycia, I was on a high, don translate them if ya dont want/need to. Its kinda hard to translate, exausting...

Um...but still, I think that Roys kinda starting to act like Kenshin a bit, yeah...but in what way, Im not quite sure. I think Riza is A BIT, going away to Central, away from Roy, shooting/killing what ever gets in her way...no no, thats stupid. ok, jk.

but still, in what way?
MasterKris
MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! laugh.gif

Seriously, I don't think Al dressed up as Ed isn't that much of deal. I think it's cute how he is trying to find Ed as he dresses up as Ed.

ROY & RIZA IS IN THE MOVIE!!!!!!!!! biggrin.gif
Roy is now a PRIVATE??!! Oh well, but Riza still being in the military...did she went above a rank? Or is she still the same??

ALL QUESTIONS WILL BE ANSWERED IN THE MOVIE!
says someone
Kirara
Aw hell, I just realized that the girl in the screencaps from the trailer really looks like Roze without the pink hair streaks, given the shape of the hair and the skin tone. *pukes* I hope I'm wrong.

I agree with you I really think it is Rose. But I am fine with this at first I wasn't so sure about her character but by the end of the series I did like her.

I also think there is more to Riza and Roy's seperation than we think. Maybe Riza knew that Roy had to atone on his own. I am sure they will get back together in the end.

Finally I figured Al H.'s rocket research was being funded by the Thule society. Alphonse H. reason's for studying Rocket research are pure but the people who are funding him are obviously corrupt. Sort of like the Philosopher Stone. Ed and Al's reasons for finding it were innocent and pure but the intentions of others weren't.

Oh and also am I the only one who is loving Al dressing up as Ed. It makes me feel all warm inside because Al doesn't want to lose what he has of Ed. I also think that the flashbacks we will see in the movie will be Ed memories of Al which will be sparked by Alphonse H.

The only thing is this movie is coming out in July but we won't be able to see fansubs of it till it comes out on DVD (I am guessing the winter). I think I will die before then. sad.gif
Fresh_Coffee
QUOTE(Ann @ Apr 10 2005, 07:40 AM)
どうもありがとうございます!!! (<-- The absolute limit of my Japanese) I can't imagine how exhausting translating that all was. o.O

But that's sad about Hawkeye and Mustang. I really hope they haven't had a falling out! There had better be more to that little blurb than what is written. Hawkeye and Mustange are my favorite couple!

[snapback]149857[/snapback]

XD I also think it's sad but they probably still in contact. Is it me or does Ed kinda look like Kenshin on the last page? With the hair and all @_@.
KevLar
Syciawub.gif
Thanks for the translation and the scans.
Panzer Dragoon
OMG!!! Al's dressed up like Ed! Plus he's in the movie! I'm so excited now. I bet the people that has met Ed would be like, "Wow, you've grown taller".

The pic of Al in the desert is my new desktop. You can notice he has the same muscles Ed has. *Drools*

Hmmm, Armstrong might meet up with Al. Here's what I think will happen:

*Armstrong notices the red coat and thinks it is Ed*

Armstrong: *With tears while hugging "Ed"* ED!!! YOU'RE BACK!!! *Sees it is Al* unsure.gif Um, uh. *Rips off shirt and runs off*

Al: blink.gif Hm, h-he was nice, sorta.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.