Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: On The Movie-the Ed-lookalike Is Really Al!
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1) > FMA Conqueror of Shambala Movie
NeoKakashi
Look Here

Here

And here!

*Note* The third one even says "Aru" in Japanese, right about the Ed-lookalike. It's pretty much confirmed. ....I hope this hadn't already been posted tongue.gif

Thanks to Free FMA for the scans.
damnedifyoudo
Yeah I just read about this on another forum. I was pretty shocked because I didn't realize that was Al dressed up as Ed in the trailer. Al cosplaying Ed? Weird. blink.gif

Can we say Fullmetal Alchemist spinoff with Al as the lead?? haha j/k rolleyes.gif
Jellybean
Yay, pretty pictures! Thanks for posting them!

Al's hair looks funny, but he's still such a cutie. It'll be interesting to see Al as a human in the movie. It was kind of hard to connect with him as a character when he was in the armor, because of the lack of facial expressions.
Quistis88
Converted all pictures to links. Please link to large pictures instead of putting image tags.
ScarredSweetheart
Thanks for putting them up. The first one looks like Ed and Al are bonding, so maybe Ed goes back to his world at the end. Grrrr. I MUST SEE THIS MOVIE!
Do you think Al's personality might be different from the show? Since he grew up in a human body and without his brother. He doesn't seem like the sweet Al I knew in the armor. ohmy.gif
Edo-mame
Wow, upon seeing those scans I was happy and disappointed at the same time. That first scan of Edo and Al is really cool and the art of the new Al is too but he doesn't look like the same Al. The concept art of him reminds me of Edo what with that smile he has and the way he stands with his hands in his pockets. I liked Al more when he was himself and I don't mean the armor body(cuter than now). I hope his personality didn't change or anything.
Keiosu
Al looks so weird when he is in Ed's clothes, but I must admit that Al looks really cute. It kinda seems like Al has replaced Ed in that world. Like Edo-mame, I hope his personality didn't change too much.
Senefen
^^ Al is so cute. *glomps to death* Their personalities are too different for Al to become another Ed. I think he'll do just fine.
You forget a lot Al was generaly the braver one when they were kids, during Izumi's training and such, Ed freaked out but Al was always calm, he has a strength you dont see much because he's shadowned by Ed but Al is strong in every sense in his own right. He's different to Ed - Al doesnt really lead but he's every bit as smart as Ed (he finished more on the state test than Ed did), hes brave and hes tall (ok he's average) biggrin.gif. And so kawaii.
Syn
QUOTE(Keiosu @ Apr 10 2005, 01:44 AM)
Al looks so weird when he is in Ed's clothes, but I must admit that Al looks really cute. It kinda seems like Al has replaced Ed in that world. Like Edo-mame, I hope his personality didn't change too much.
[snapback]149802[/snapback]

Grr. That summarizes exactly what bothers me about those pics. ): Al replacing Ed in that world. If he just kept his own identity and didn't take the appearance which made Ed unique, it'd all be fine. *grumble* No replacing Ed!
Edo-mame
QUOTE(Syn @ Apr 11 2005, 09:44 PM)
Grr. That summarizes exactly what bothers me about those pics. ): Al replacing Ed in that world. If he just kept his own identity and didn't take the appearance which made Ed unique, it'd all be fine. *grumble* No replacing Ed!
[snapback]150954[/snapback]

No replacing Al either! It really seems like thats what happening to Edo at "our" world though... and that one magazine scan of Edo and Heiderich being all brotherly(hes got Heiderich in some kind of nuggy-headlock) doesn't ease my worrying one bit. If he "finds paradise" there and forgets about going back and settles for Heiderich as a brother I'm gonna cry sad.gif
Syn
Pff, no way they'd end the movie having Ed just give up and settle down with his new fake-brother. (: That'd be completely uncharacteristic of him. I thought I read a bit in some scan or another about Al Heiderich not being entirely comfortable being treated like Ed's brother, as well, though I can't remember exactly where I picked up on that. Might have been one of those interviews they translated on this site, come to think of it.
DonnaDelDrago
I'm not really afraid that Al's personality changed much. I think dressing up like Ed is just a very effective way to find out how people react - He has lost his memories of the journies and all the people they met. This way he can find out if someone he meets knew Ed and if that person might know something.
Saturn Stars
I have to admit that I was a bit freaked out at first... but It is really just brotherly love.

I agree that he is trying to see how people react, he wants to gather information on his brother... I jsut wish the coat was blue or something so I could differenciate between the two brothers lol
Edo-mame
I'm sure everybody was shocked and or creeped out upon seeing the new Al but most people either thought it was a joke, or wasn't sure of confirming it or not. When I went to the movie site when it was advertsing the postcards you'd get from the 2nd phase advance ticket sale and saw the one with Al I just sat there mouth wide open. Now that you guys mention it, it does seem like Al is trying to see how people react to his new get up(down to even how he executes transmutations blink.gif ) so he can find out more about his brother and what happened for 4 years(good old goofy Al). But to grow his hair out so long just to do that(high maintenance, especially for a young boy), he really does love his brother lol.
AA battery
About the blue coat thing... ok, that's fandom >.> ignore that...

That red coat... Al didn't make it... It's what Ed left in the hagaren world (confirmed on one of those magazine scans I read) so... wearing that red coat, imo, is kinda similar to what Ed did with his silver watch (the 3 Oct 1910 thing)... as a reminder...

Ed said that he wants to remind himself of what he has done so he scratched the date they burned down their home on the watch...

Al, in similar case, puts on Ed's coat and searches for him, reminding himself that he can't forget and give up on his only family.

Still need to check where Ed left that coat tho... I believe that it's in Resembool ^^ (remember how he was always in black near the last few episodes? It should be in Resembool cuz he dyed his hair black there to disguise himself and Al... I don't really remember if he actually even left it in Central, before he went to Lior... gotta look for that after my finals biggrin.gif)
kiwifruit
it's kind of obvious that it's Al, not only is his hair completely different, his eyes are a different colour too. he has a different alchemy circle on his glove.

this takes place 2 years after the series ended so it's not surprising that he's grown up quite some to look like his brother. and ed now looks like his father a lot as you can see from the pictures.

blink.gif
Edo-mame
QUOTE(kiwifruit @ Apr 14 2005, 09:13 AM)
this takes place 2 years after the series ended so it's not surprising that he's grown up quite some to look like his brother. and ed now looks like his father a lot as you can see from the pictures.

blink.gif
[snapback]152488[/snapback]

wft Edo looks like Hohenheim, a lot?! I don't think so...(not yet at least) he looks a bit more mature and less happy but thats about it (thank god). Also, I don't think Al looks that much like Edo, the resemblance is there but theres just something about Al's face that makes him look different. However, when he is clapping his hands with that grin it looks vvery much like Edo.
Syn
Heh, when I first saw that pic of Al with Ed's coat (on the japanese FMA site, actually) I thought it *was* Ed.. but drawn differently, perhaps to reflect having grown up and matured a bit. The two definitely look different, especially after having seen future-Ed and future-Al side by side to compare, and neither look that much like Hohenheim from the features, but the hair's the same. They look a lot more like each other, than either resembles their father, if that makes sense. (:

Still need to check where Ed left that coat tho... I believe that it's in Resembool ^^ (remember how he was always in black near the last few episodes? It should be in Resembool cuz he dyed his hair black there to disguise himself and Al... I don't really remember if he actually even left it in Central, before he went to Lior... gotta look for that after my finals)

Yeah, do check up on that if you have time.. I was wondering that myself, but I'm too lazy to sift through all the eps again, plus I've got school work as well. (: I think you're right about him having left it in Resembool (is that the correct spelling? It's different everywhere, so I never know what to write..), unless he took it along in a suitcase or something. But I don't recall him having taken the suitcase at that point.

I'm still really hoping Al loses (uh, ditches, not misplaces) the coat soon, though. It's unique to Ed! I'll just console myself by assuming that when Ed returns he'll take it back. ŽD
Ashirii-Chan
I saw that on the main page. I had been really confused when I saw the trailer, and when it was announced that was Aru I was like "Ohh....That makes sense now!" xD
AA battery
"Resembool" should be the correct spelling... cuz I got a poster that says "Resembool" on there *let's hope that poster is offical cuz I dunno lol*
TheVileOne
Ok, but who is the guy fighting the emperor of Shambala in the 2 trailers? Who appeared to have automail and the handclapping alchemist powers? Was that Ed back in his trademark garb? Agh, so confused!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.