Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Final Fantasy 10 Haters Unite
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Game
Pages: 1, 2
Sith lord Revan 64
For everyone that hates 10 express your hate 10 fans are really high or blind
not to see how crappy this game is.
Blade Alchemist
I hated FF10 also. It was annoying running into an enemy every 30 seconds and sthe final boss was sooo easy the only way to lose was if your system exploded or the pwer went out. dry.gif
The airship battle was harder than the final boss. It really sucked!!
Carnal Malefactor
Most of the characters sucked, but the story was solid, and the gameplay was the best of any FF game to date.
Slashrose1010
I liked FFX though some of the characters I didn't like *cough Rikku cough*. I didn't like Kihmari much either. Wakka is a block head and Tidus can be pretty whiney. Auron was the sh*t though and Lulu was cool. Yuna was OK, but she sucked in FFX2 which sucked in general. I agree with Bacon on the gameplay and story. Though, I hated the damn spheregrid and the dress spheres in FFX2 was even worse. I don't know why people don't like Seymour laugh.gif I like him. What a perv tongue.gif *pokes Bacon* Aherm, the maps were pretty good, I like Zanarkand a lot. Also, the opening FMV (Otherworld) was awesome ^^

Btw, Sith, that is Zidane from FF9 correct? I hated that game ol, no offense but I think FFX is better tongue.gif Also, Sith is from Star Wars, right? Which I don't like and feel is overrated.
Quistis88
I hate FFX Guess which one I voted?

QUOTE(Slashrose1010 @ Apr 7 2005, 04:35 PM)
I liked FFX though some of the characters I didn't like *cough Rikku cough*. I didn't like Kihmari much either. Wakka is a block head and Tidus can be pretty whiney.

A majority of the playable characters had bad personalities.

Auron was the sh*t though and Lulu was cool. Yuna was OK, but she sucked in FFX2 which sucked in general.

Auron and Lulu were the only people I liked. And FFX-2 is the reason why Square should never make playable sequels again.

I agree with Bacon on the gameplay and story. Though, I hated the damn spheregrid and the dress spheres in FFX2 was even worse.

What did you like about the story?

Btw, Sith, that is Zidane from FF9 correct? I hated that game ol, no offense but I think FFX is better tongue.gif Also, Sith is from Star Wars, right? Which I don't like and feel is overrated.

Yes, it's Zidane. And how dare you say FFIX is inferior to X!? ohmy.gif In my opinion, FFIX is better than many FF games. biggrin.gif
Slashrose1010
QUOTE(Quistis88 @ Apr 7 2005, 05:44 PM)
What did you like about the story?

Yes, it's Zidane.  And how dare you say FFIX is inferior to X!?  ohmy.gif  In my opinion, FFIX is better than many FF games.  biggrin.gif

1. I liked the Farplane and how his father was dead beat drunkard *can relate. Also, the summons were an integral part as well. I like the stuff about how the religion was currupt and the idea of Sin manefested into a physical form.

2.FF8 kicked FF9's ass tongue.gif I didn't like 9 >_< Especially when Garnet changed to Dagger >_< Beatrix was pretty hot though tongue.gif And Zidane just looks... odd tongue.gif
hitokiri
QUOTE(Slashrose1010 @ Apr 7 2005, 05:54 PM)
2.FF8 kicked FF9's ass tongue.gif I didn't like 9 >_< Especially when Garnet changed to Dagger >_< Beatrix was pretty hot though tongue.gif And Zidane just looks... odd tongue.gif
[snapback]148456[/snapback]

*eye starts twitching in anger upon thinking about the utter stupidity of the concept of a gunblade*

do i even need to mention the summon ark?! or maybe the best secret villian/boss monster of all time, osma (HE"S A FREAKIN PLANET!!!)?

but back on topic... X was ok at best... i hated ALL the characters though, they were all so stereotypical and generic. while one could argue the same about 9, 9 was designed to be that way; its a reiteration of the characters from the first FF. they only things i liked about X were the fruity al-bed guys, they were just so damned funny, and the best FF minigame of time, BLITZBALL!!!
Quistis88
I found Blitzball really complicated at first. biggrin.gif

Does anyone know what that thing strapped to Auron's side is? The jug-like object? I keep thinking that it's filled with alcohol. If I had to deal with Tidus 24/7, even I would carry a flask or two around . . .
hitokiri
QUOTE(Quistis88 @ Apr 7 2005, 09:47 PM)
Does anyone know what that thing strapped to Auron's side is?  The jug-like object?  I keep thinking that it's filled with alcohol.  If I had to deal with Tidus 24/7, even I would carry a flask or two around . . .
[snapback]148575[/snapback]

i'm with you on this one, i believe its a sake flask/jug... which makes me believe that auron may be a ripoff of hiko seijiro the 13th, which pisses me off to no end....
Quistis88
QUOTE(hitokiri @ Apr 7 2005, 08:49 PM)
i'm with you on this one, i believe its a sake flask/jug...  which makes me believe that auron may be a ripoff of hiko seijiro the 13th, which pisses me off to no end....

Heh, nearly every character in that game makes people mad . . .

Tidus looks more feminine than Yuna in some shots. And what's with his pant-shorts? I have reason to believe that Tetsuya Nomura was on crack when he made the character designs for X and X-2.
Envy's lil' miniskirt
QUOTE(Quistis88 @ Apr 7 2005, 07:47 PM)
I found Blitzball really complicated at first.  biggrin.gif

Does anyone know what that thing strapped to Auron's side is?  The jug-like object?  I keep thinking that it's filled with alcohol.  If I had to deal with Tidus 24/7, even I would carry a flask or two around . . .
[snapback]148575[/snapback]

I sucked at blitzball. sad.gif

The jug that Auron carries around is a ronin sake jug. And yes, if I had to deal with Tidus's whiny ass 24/7 I would be hitting the jug often, that or beating him with it.

It was an enjoyable game. One thing I really likes was the fact that you could switch out team members during battle. So many times in RPG's I've started a boss battle with some weak member I was trying but build up and would get my ass kicked. Also I could switch Rikku in and out so she could steal stuff for me.

My favorite characters are Auron and Lulu I used to have to hots for Auron at one time. Most dissapointing member of the FFX crew was Kamari, try as I might I could never level him up enough and he kept dropping dead on me.

He spent most of the game on the bench. mad.gif
Sith lord Revan 64
How dare anyone insult FFIX (is smashing things with viens poping) to me FFX
is worse than a steaming bag of dog dodoo and even thats overating 10.

By the way KOTOR did not suck! (I admit was overated and the final boos i saw coming) mad.gif
ALSO TIDUS LOOKS LIKE MEG RYAN!!
hitokiri
QUOTE(Sith lord Revan 64 @ Apr 7 2005, 11:10 PM)
to me FFX is worse than a steaming bag of dog dodoo and even thats overating 10.
huh? what the hell is this supposed to mean?

ALSO TIDUS LOOKS LIKE MEG RYAN!!
[snapback]148627[/snapback]

meg ryan looks like a japanese guy with some pacific islander ancestry?

while 9 is my favorite, i will have to admit that zidane is more femine looking than most FF main characters, though sephiroth is up there with his effeminate cheekbones.
Envy's lil' miniskirt
QUOTE(hitokiri @ Apr 7 2005, 09:20 PM)
while 9 is my favorite, i will have to admit that zidane is more femine looking than most FF main characters, though sephiroth is up there with his effeminate cheekbones.

{fangirl mode on}
Yeah but Sephiroth is still a smokin' hottie!! tongue.gif
{fangirl mode off}
DonnaDelDrago
I only played FFVI, FFIX and FFX (I also started on FFVIII but someone deleted my memorycard). Out of these, I like IX the most.
FFX is not that bad - it's just not as good as it should be. Tidus is one of the most boring main characters ever.
Blade Alchemist
FF10 isn't bad in some areas. But the game still sucked! Tidus was the gayest main character ever, Yuna was to shy, Rikku looked to much like Britney Spears, Kimarhi was just stupid.
Slashrose1010
-I majorly sucked at Blitzball... I never did like sports games...
-.....-___- Maybe I should replay 9 since everyone here seems to worship it dry.gif But I doubt I would change my opinion much
-@Mini: lol, Sephiroth does look awesome, though in AC they made him look a little... creepy and less devanaire >_<
-@Kihmari comments: Yes, he was the most useless playable character. The equivelent of Cid and Yuffie in FF7
Envy's lil' miniskirt
QUOTE(Slashrose1010 @ Apr 8 2005, 05:01 PM)
-@Mini: lol, Sephiroth does look awesome, though in AC they made him look a little... creepy and less devanaire >_<

I'll say it before an I'll say it again, and again, and again. The new AC Sephiroth looks like some haggard, drugged out ex-goth who didn't get his fix and burnt down Nibelheim because he was jonesing.

Whaah!
I want my pretty boy Sephiroth back.
hitokiri
QUOTE(Slashrose1010 @ Apr 8 2005, 07:01 PM)
-.....-___- Maybe I should replay 9 since everyone here seems to worship it dry.gif But I doubt I would change my opinion much
[snapback]148968[/snapback]

the question would be have you ever play the original... while i can't speak others many people around my age like 9 cause its a return to the old school FF, not like that modern ff7/8 crap... its called final FANTASY... where is the fantasy in a modern day setting?
Slashrose1010
No, I haven't Hitokiri. Didn't they make a remake of the first? If you know it is any good tell me what you think about it. Also, hopefully the gameplay is at least mediocore. Also, yeah, the trend of FF as become a modern thing, but I like Tactics because of gameplay and setting. I have to admit... I do grade a little on graphics -__- Maybe if I can find both for really cheap I will biggrin.gif

@Mini: XD I know, I know.... The suave Sephy we all know and love is massacred in the movie >_< All the SHM (silver haired men) Look a kinda like they are on crack as well XD Especially Yazoo. Yazoo and Kadaj are far too feminine, but fyi, Kadaj is supposed to be feminine looking tongue.gif I will shut up because this is a lil off topic ^^
phoenix dying
QUOTE(Blade Alchemist @ Apr 8 2005, 06:14 PM)
FF10 isn't bad in some areas. But the game still sucked! Tidus was the gayest main character ever, Yuna was to shy, Rikku looked to much like Britney Spears, Kimarhi was just stupid.
[snapback]148936[/snapback]

I'll agree with you on some of the story line, but not all of was bad. I kinda LIKED FFX. OF course some of the character choices were horrible, but i give all my credit to Auron who was by far the best character!
Envy's lil' miniskirt
QUOTE(hitokiri @ Apr 8 2005, 07:44 PM)
the question would be have you ever play the original... while i can't speak others many people around my age like 9 cause its a return to the old school FF, not like that modern ff7/8 crap...  its called final FANTASY... where is the fantasy in a modern day setting?

But how many times can you make what you consider a pure fantasy based game in the same series? Going the sci fiish route was going to have to happen sometime. Besides I think you can still have a fantasy game in a more modern setting it all depends on how it's written.
hitokiri
QUOTE(Slashrose1010 @ Apr 8 2005, 10:06 PM)
No, I haven't Hitokiri. Didn't they make a remake of the first? If you know it is any good tell me what you think about it. Also, hopefully the gameplay is at least mediocore.
[snapback]149070[/snapback]

from what i heard the remake is nothing more than the original game with snes/genesis graphics, i never got it myself since i still have my nes and original FF cartridge
Slashrose1010
QUOTE(hitokiri @ Apr 8 2005, 10:20 PM)
from what i heard the remake is nothing more than the original game with snes/genesis graphics, i never got it myself since i still have my nes and original FF cartridge

ohmy.gif Wow, I wish I could get a brand new SNES. I am not sure if I could trust a used one dry.gif I would get one though, I loved so many games. That is good that they stuck with the original game basically instead of revamping and changing. Hopefully I can find them both for under 17 bucks tongue.gif
Sith lord Revan 64
Iam not very old (only 13) but i grew up with Dragon Warrior 2 for nes and have played origins and dawn of souls plus my friends 5&6.Personlly I love the old
graphics and gamplay thats why i bought a DS (FF3 is being relesed for it the actual 3).Iam not a big fan of 7or8 but love 9 and i own all 3 (no bladeAlchemist have them)10 to me seemed to modern.Tidus does look like Meg Ryan by the way
OPM (official Playstaion magzine)even said he looked like Meg Ryan.
Blade Alchemist
QUOTE(Sith lord Revan 64 @ Apr 8 2005, 08:37 PM)
Iam not very old (only 13) but i grew up with Dragon Warrior 2 for nes and have played origins and dawn of souls plus my friends 5&6.Personlly I love the old
graphics and gamplay thats why i bought a DS (FF3 is being relesed for it the actual 3).Iam not a big fan of 7or8 but love 9 and i own all 3 (no bladeAlchemist have them)10 to me seemed to modern.Tidus does look like Meg Ryan by the way
OPM (official Playstaion magzine)even said he looked like Meg Ryan.
[snapback]149090[/snapback]

I'll have to correct you there Sith. I own 7&8 but thy're both PC versions and horribly scratched because my brother and I didn't take care of them vaery well. I still regret not taking care to this day.T_T
I have to agree with you on the old Final Fantasy games. I tend to play them more than the 7-10 ones. I'm still trying to make my characters learn all the spells in 6. Unfortunatly my bro. took them to Florida with him so I have to wait till he visits to play them again.T_T
Quistis88
The FFI and FFII remakes for the PS (bundled together and called FF Origins for those of you who don't know) just have better sound quality with added FMVs, I believe.
mongooseboi
it wasn't a bad game, but 3 things stood out as plain horrible ideas.
1. the laughing scene. tidus and yuna sounded like pigs. enough said.
2. blitzball. lamest game ever, i played it once and gave up. FF8's card game was the best :]
3. the last boss. they through a spider in at the end. wtf. how random could that be.
hitokiri
QUOTE(mongooseboi @ Apr 9 2005, 08:43 PM)
2. blitzball. lamest game ever, i played it once and gave up. FF8's card game was the best :].
[snapback]149607[/snapback]

*eye twitiching in anger*

what did you say about blitzball?!

maybe its just because you suck at blitzball that you don't like it... how can you play something one time and deem it crap? you don't even get any of the really good moves till like your 100th match..
Slashrose1010
QUOTE(Quistis88 @ Apr 9 2005, 02:19 AM)
The FFI and FFII remakes for the PS (bundled together and called FF Origins for those of you who don't know) just have better sound quality with added FMVs, I believe.

Yeah, I knew it was bundled tongue.gif and I did know there was more FMVs but I didn't know there was better sound quality blink.gif That is a nice bonus. I was actually going to get them when they first came out, but once again lack of money has prevented me to do so. My GameStop card is one of my best friends =3
Destati
I liked FFX more than the other FF's but number 7 takes the cake for me.
mongooseboi
QUOTE(hitokiri @ Apr 9 2005, 07:23 PM)
QUOTE(mongooseboi @ Apr 9 2005, 08:43 PM)
2. blitzball. lamest game ever, i played it once and gave up. FF8's card game was the best :].
[snapback]149607[/snapback]

*eye twitiching in anger*

what did you say about blitzball?!

maybe its just because you suck at blitzball that you don't like it... how can you play something one time and deem it crap? you don't even get any of the really good moves till like your 100th match..
[snapback]149652[/snapback]

lets just say it wasn't addicting at all. i mean compared to the card game, after the first time i played that, i was hooked. and also, why would you ever want to play a mini-game 100 times?..
Zarpia
yay, most of us are stupid blink.gif , the only think i didn't like about this game was blitzball.
Laguna_Loire
I loved FFX... I liked the difference between Yuna and Tidus, Lulu was really cool, and Auron was great... You say the last boss is easy. Yea it is, but which boss in FF in general isnt?

The point is the "sub-bosses". Dont tell me that Penance isnt the hardest boss ever... You need the greatest stats ever... Of course i mean that without the use of yojimbo-janmato...

Either way the plot was great,as all FF are, the gameplay was the best, and the graphs were great... I also liked the music and the mini games...

P.S. I dont think that blitzball is sohard if you play a lot and scout a lot of players!!

Off course all these is my humble opinion biggrin.gif

ph34r.gif ph34r.gif ph34r.gif
Kerithor
I guess I'm stupid then. I greatly enjoyed Final Fantasy X, and Auron is my fabourite Final Fantasy character from any game.
Sith lord Revan 64
From reading some of the post there are a lot of mixed oppions on blitzball maybe some shouild start a blitz ball poll.By the way blitzball sucked!Another reason i hate
10 FF9 card game was so much better....
CursedAnubis
. kind of biased poll there don't you think?
In any case I loved FFX. On that note, I also loved FFX-2 heh
Bite me.
Blade Alchemist
There are always biased polls and nobody cares dry.gif , people just vote on the option that suites them.

FFX had the dumbest story EVER! It was all a freakin' dream!! Yuna and Tidus were both complete idiots. Yuna did nothing and Tidus was just a big gay idiot.
mongooseboi
hey! FFX was pretty cool. and btw it wasn't a dream!. Tidus and Auron were just faiths. i like tidus and yuna, kinda. i say kinda because of the laughing scene, which is probably the worst FF part known to this earth. but then, i look at FFX-2, and its pure fanservice with weapons. hell i made all my characters theives because theives wear the skimpiest clothes.
Zarpia
hey! FFX was pretty cool. and btw it wasn't a dream!. Tidus and Auron were just faiths. i like tidus and yuna, kinda. i say kinda because of the laughing scene, which is probably the worst FF part known to this earth. but then, i look at FFX-2, and its pure fanservice with weapons. hell i made all my characters theives because theives wear the skimpiest clothes.

I love FFX, and yes the laughing scene is the most stupid one, i just saw it right know....i covered my eyes.
mongooseboi
i personally covered my ears.. >.< hehe
Zarpia
I should've done that too.... laugh.gif
Quistis88
If, by some extremely unfortunate turn of events, I had been in the game during that laughing scene, the least damage I would do is tackling Auron to the ground to get at his drinking jug.
CursedAnubis
LoL I totally forgot about that scene... man, that was probably one of the scenes better left un-voiceacted
hitokiri
QUOTE(mongooseboi @ May 2 2005, 01:19 AM)
btw it wasn't a dream!. Tidus and Auron were just faiths
[snapback]164921[/snapback]

what do you think a fayth (the proper ff spelling), is? its nothing more than a manifestation of the dream of a powerful being in the "real" world. also auron is a ghost..
Kerithor
[spoiler]Tidus is a dream of the fayth, based on the human Shyuin how lived in Zanakarnd before the great war destroied the city. The fayth were sad to see such a great city lost, so they created a fake, "dream" Zanakarnd.[/spoiler]
Chibi-Usa
Wow Kerithor, if someone didn't play the game and not want it spoiled, their dream is ruined now.
Kerithor
QUOTE(Chibi-Usa @ May 2 2005, 02:09 PM)
Wow Kerithor, if someone didn't play the game and not want it spoiled, their dream is ruined now.
[snapback]165060[/snapback]

Well I've added in spoiler tags now, so I hope your happy. And if they haven't played it, I doubt they'll want to express how much they hate it. And don't just blame me here, look at the posts above mine.

dry.gif
Zarpia
I never had any problems with spoilers coz i love them, i like to know what hapens way before it does.
Chibi-Usa
QUOTE(Kerithor @ May 2 2005, 08:12 AM)
QUOTE(Chibi-Usa @ May 2 2005, 02:09 PM)
[snapback]165060[/snapback]

Well I've added in spoiler tags now, so I hope your happy. And if they haven't played it, I doubt they'll want to express how much they hate it. And don't just blame me here, look at the posts above mine.

dry.gif
[snapback]165072[/snapback]

*sighs* I'm sorry Kerithor, I guess I shouldn't have got that mad, but still it just annoys me is all.But I'm sorry
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.