Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: D.Gray-man, The Milennium Earl's already after you...
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Manga > Let's discuss your fav manga series here!
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
edsgirl
Oh do I love D. Gray-man! It sucks that the mangaka is sick and probably can't spend much time on it. I've only read up to chapter 69, but no one is scanlating it right now. sad.gif

I'm in wub.gif with Ravi, Kanda and Allen! This is one of the few mangas where I can honestly say that I like almost every character. ( except for the Akumas. It's like their job to be hated.) Komui and Bak-chan are like the type of genuises that I like. Totally insane, but they know how to do their jobs, even though Komui tries to do as little work as possible.

I just love this manga. I hope it goes on for a long time!

MasterKris
YAY!! A NEW FAN!!
Yes~!! biggrin.gif The characters in DGM is so hard not to luv~

Oh do I love D. Gray-man! It sucks that the mangaka is sick and probably can't spend much time on it. I've only read up to chapter 69, but no one is scanlating it right now.

Ah, the mangaka is well now. There are RAWS up to 73, but since our scanlator group, Timcampi is down right now, there are no scanlated versions of them. But Timcampi will be back soon, from what Blitz had said~!!

I just love this manga. I hope it goes on for a long time!

UP TO WHERE THERE IS AN ANIME!! (hope it comes out soon!)

From personaly, DGM became my 4th best cause of Allen~!! tongue.gif
He's so much the same as Ed!!

Did anyone read the novel?? My friend said it was really good, but I didn't read the novel cause I don't like to read books online. It hurts my eyes. The picture of the novel looks so coolz~ ESPCIALLY KANDA. (though I don't really like him that much)
Blitz
Check out the reappearance announcement left by Timcampi on LJ.

Link: http://community.livejournal.com/dgray_man/127801.html
pineapple4brains
I have no idea if any of you know this or even care but D.Gray-Man is coming to english with the preview in the april
issue of Shonen Jump.
MasterKris
Yes, we already know that!! biggrin.gif (hope the translations are good, HOPE)

Umm... I can't get into that site...
Blitz
QUOTE(MasterKris @ Feb 3 2006, 04:00 PM) [snapback]346274[/snapback]

Forgot it's friends locked... My fault!

What they said:

Back from the Undead
Hello everyone. This is Nat, editor from Timcanpi.

First of all, sorry to everyone for having disappeared like that. Stuff happens, you know how it goes >.< The thing is, we're trying to revive the group and continue the scanlations. Not only D.Gray, but our other mangas as well. Switch, 007-Ghost and Nabari no Ou.

Please allow me to pimp you all ---> here <--- It's our temporary site, if it can be called like that. So far we only have one page, asking for your help T_T It's a donate page, so if you're even in a worse situation than us, or just don't want to join the cause, you can skip the click because there's not much more >.<

To those who decide to lend us a hand, my eternal thanks T_T We'll play you back three times, with much fluffyness and bishis. Yeah, Linali too if there's no choice XD

EDIT: YOU'RE AWESOME PEOPLE. With Eri's hosting and your kind donations we have the domain covered. THANK YOU T____________T *bows a thousand times* Stay tuned for our return.

Much love <3 .
pineapple4brains
QUOTE(MasterKris @ Feb 3 2006, 03:00 PM) [snapback]346274[/snapback]

Alright cool!

to bad I have never read this manga : ph34r.gif hides from the fans who now want to kill me.
Blitz
^ Just out of curiosity then. Why are you posting in this thread?
MasterKris
Seriously, as fans of DGM, we shall kill you in 3, 2, 1.... darn... dinner time. Remind me to kill you later.

Thank you Blitz~!! wub.gif For LJ news!! biggrin.gif
Blitz
QUOTE(MasterKris @ Feb 3 2006, 07:20 PM) [snapback]346374[/snapback]

Seriously, as fans of DGM, we shall kill you in 3, 2, 1.... darn... dinner time. Remind me to kill you later.

Thank you Blitz~!! wub.gif For LJ news!! biggrin.gif

3...2...1... Let's attack! *Roar* laugh.gif

But pineapple4brains, try reading D.Gray. I can't guarantee you'll like it but it's, in my opinion, up there with Hagaren, Bleach, and Naruto although it's relatively new.

edit: I just sent Timcanpi an e-mail regarding when they would be back on.

Second Edit: I got a response back very quickly. Here be the response:

Hi~ ^^ We're planning on coming back within 30 days in the worst possible scenario. It's a matter with the domain, and having to wait until it's free to re-register it.

*chomps cookie*

Nat
MasterKris
Yay!! 30 days!! *sits around and stares at clock*
Blitz
I just go 74 RAW! *goes to read*
MasterKris
SERIOUSLY?? blink.gif
hurry and read and post in the LJ!! laugh.gif

EDIT: OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG.... I just read chap. 74... WHAT HAPPENED TO RINALI'S PRECIOUS HAIR??!! WHAAAAAAA!!!!!!! And Ravi is going crazy here. CROSS IS ALIVE!! HE'S ALIVE!! More importantly.... IS THAT An OLD KOREAN HOUSE I SEE?? (please don't tell me it's Japan....)
edsgirl
I can't read the raws and my bf is too busy to translate for me. WAHHHHH! I'm so sad. RAVI. WAHHHH!
Blitz
QUOTE(edsgirl @ Feb 6 2006, 06:35 PM) [snapback]347229[/snapback]

I can't read the raws and my bf is too busy to translate for me. WAHHHHH! I'm so sad. RAVI. WAHHHH!

I can attempt to translate a bit, maybe. I can understand somewhat of what's going on. unsure.gif
MasterKris
PLEASE!! TELL US!! (still sad about Rinali.... AND WHEN IS ALLEN GONNA APPEAR??)

[And by the looks of clothes, it seems to be Japan....]
Blitz
I'll try to kinda translate as much as I can. Reminder: My Japanese SUCKS which means you'll probably not get much out of anything I write.

Couldn't really figure out the first few pages... >.<

Page 3: Rabi is saying let go of me. The crew people are calling Rabi stupid or something like that. (I can't understand much after that on page 3)
Page 4: Miranda says "Rabi-kun, stop!" Rabi says her name, looks at her. She says something again. Pic with the hurt crew members, she says "please..." After that, Miranda apologizes to Rabi
Next page with Rabi yelling, he says something about Rinali and I think something about her being a nakama so he has to save her. Miranda then says (I think), I'm your friend, right? Is that not it?
Page 8: Rabi- Rinali, where are you? *Says something else which I can't understand*
Page 10: Rabi thinking- 'Akuma!' Then about saying something about Rinali.
Page 11: I think the Akuma-thing asks : Are you Jr.?
Rabi- ?
Akuma-thing- Are you Bookman's Jr.?
Then something I can't understand.
Rabi- ????? What is this?
Page 12 - Rinali?!

I'll resume later, right now my brain hurts like hell... I haven't been in a Japanese class since 5th grade...
MasterKris
YAY!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!! biggrin.gif *gives a cookie*

It doesn't matter if you can't understand it all, those translations were PRICELESS!! SERIOUSLY!! At least you understand some of it!! (all I can figure out is just the Japanese alphabets) Almost no otaku can do that much!! (cept for Japanese speaking people) You should be proud! YOUR TRANSLATIONS MADE MY DAY OF DGM!! tongue.gif
[attachmentid=3592]
Blitz
QUOTE(MasterKris @ Feb 8 2006, 07:53 PM) [snapback]347897[/snapback]

YAY!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!! biggrin.gif *gives a cookie*

It doesn't matter if you can't understand it all, those translations were PRICELESS!! SERIOUSLY!! At least you understand some of it!! (all I can figure out is just the Japanese alphabets) Almost no otaku can do that much!! (cept for Japanese speaking people) You should be proud! YOUR TRANSLATIONS MADE MY DAY OF DGM!! tongue.gif
[attachmentid=3592]

Cute pic. biggrin.gif Did you use Photoshop?
MasterKris

HAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII~ tongue.gif

Sigh~
Allen is so much like Ed in so many ways... (cept for their huge personality difference)
If the anime comes out and Park Romi is the one doing voices, I'LL KILL MYSELF!! Though it's not possible due to the deepness of her voice (I imagin Allen's voice to be more of Al's instead)

P.S. I like ur sig!!
Blitz
QUOTE(MasterKris @ Feb 9 2006, 11:13 PM) [snapback]348288[/snapback]

HAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII~ tongue.gif

Sigh~
Allen is so much like Ed in so many ways... (cept for their huge personality difference)
If the anime comes out and Park Romi is the one doing voices, I'LL KILL MYSELF!! Though it's not possible due to the deepness of her voice (I imagin Allen's voice to be more of Al's instead)

P.S. I like ur sig!!

Thankies~ I like your sig, too. By the way, HAPPY BIRTHDAY MASTERKRIS!!!!!

I wanted to ask something since you're a photoshop user. I recently got Photoshop CS but whenever I try to install it, it terminates at the end. Any advice or something?

Edit: I found out that CS won't install because I have the Korean WinWord which coincides with Photoshop. Talk about weird...
MasterKris

Thankies~ I like your sig, too. By the way, HAPPY BIRTHDAY MASTERKRIS!!!!!

I wanted to ask something since you're a photoshop user. I recently got Photoshop CS but whenever I try to install it, it terminates at the end. Any advice or something?

Edit: I found out that CS won't install because I have the Korean WinWord which coincides with Photoshop. Talk about weird...

Thanx again!! laugh.gif

Won't install cause of Korena WinWord?? That is weird.... (actually, I didn't buy my photoshop, my dad just got it from one of his friends who knows photoshop well...)

I like ur new sig!
Blitz
QUOTE(MasterKris @ Feb 11 2006, 06:14 PM) [snapback]348885[/snapback]

Thanx again!! laugh.gif

Won't install cause of Korena WinWord?? That is weird.... (actually, I didn't buy my photoshop, my dad just got it from one of his friends who knows photoshop well...)

I like ur new sig!

It's my first sig attempt ever so it's kinda crappy but thanks!

D.Gray-Man chapter 75 RAW is out. Just a heads up.
MasterKris
SERIOUSLY?? blink.gif *runs*

darn it... forgot which site had the RAWS.... oh wait! I rememeber! *goes downloading*

WHAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OH, FOR THE SWEET LUV OF #%$~^!!!!!!! RINALI!! SHE LOOKS SO UGLY!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RINALI!!!!!!!!!!! HER BEAUTIFUL HAIR IS GONE FOREVER AND EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!! (at least she's alive and well) RINALI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ravi looks cute in this chapter! tongue.gif
Blitz
^Poor Rinali... Her hair is really short. It kinda looks like Rhode's...
MasterKris
CHECK THIS OUT!
http://community.livejournal.com/exorcists...654.html#cutid1

IPB Image
edsgirl
Ravi was so cute! Komui looked crazy as hell! Even Cross looked pretty hawt. Man I dig redheads! My Allen/Kanda siggie will be up tomorrow!
MasterKris
wait... Cross is a redhead? blink.gif
Wow... I never noticed until now.... *runs*

Ravi was so cute! Komui looked crazy as hell! Even Cross looked pretty hawt. Man I dig redheads! My Allen/Kanda siggie will be up tomorrow!

ALLEN! KANDA! laugh.gif
I'm gonna steal it as soon as u post it! tongue.gif

(nah, just kiddin'!)
Blitz
Thankies for the link MasterKris! But for some reason, I can't see the movie...
MasterKris

Do you have Flash player? You need that to see the movie!
Also, it includes other mangas too! Like Bleach, Yu-Gi-OH, and yeah that's all I remember....;;
That Jumpland is so confusing... and there's too much Dragon Ball that other mangas seem like nothing.
Blitz
QUOTE(MasterKris @ Feb 19 2006, 12:02 PM) [snapback]351990[/snapback]

Do you have Flash player? You need that to see the movie!

I have Flash player...
edsgirl
It worked okay for me. So how many more days till Timcampi is back up? Just looking at the Raws is driving me insane!

And thanks for that translation, Blitz. That helped alot.
Blitz
^I'm not a big Kanda fan but I like your sig a lot edsgirl.
edsgirl
QUOTE(Blitz @ Feb 21 2006, 04:02 PM) [snapback]352833[/snapback]

^I'm not a big Kanda fan but I like your sig a lot edsgirl.

Why thank you! I planned on doing Kanda and Allen, but this picture was just too sexy to ignore. I plan on doing one for all the main characters of D. Gray, just to get it out of my system. Allen or Cross is next.
MasterKris
Me like ur sig too!! biggrin.gif But I perfer Allen cause he's my 3rd most fav character of all mangas and animes.

I found an LJ that provides lots of good information! If you already know this site, SRRY!
http://community.livejournal.com/exorcists_order/
They rightnow posted about what does D stand for in D.Gray-man. For me, I think it's death or dark.... (disney?? laugh.gif laugh.gif )
edsgirl
I'm going to do Allen next! It's hard to find picture of him with no shirt on. His body is very well drawn!P

Oh noes!! It seems D. Gray will be on Hiatus from Shonen Jump, because of some injuries to Katsura Hoshino. This manga is seriously cursed. ph34r.gif
MasterKris
Oh noes!! It seems D. Gray will be on Hiatus from Shonen Jump, because of some injuries to Katsura Hoshino. This manga is seriously cursed. ph34r.gif

wha, WHA, WHA??? blink.gif
Hoshino-sensei is ill again?? D.Gray-man does look the type to be cursed.... ah man, can DGM survive? Take care of yourself, Hoshino-sensei!! (this is so creeepy... wacko.gif )

Apparently in this one forum, I found out that the Heart Innocence is actually revealed in the previous chapters. IT'S [spoiler]RINALI!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I never would have guessed it in my life!! ohmy.gif I mean come on! You would definately expect Allen's innocence to be the Heart, but Rinali??? Such an unexpected fact!! (could this explain why those target logo things are on Rinali's legs??) Whaa.... it would have been so wonderful if the Heart was Allen's innocence... (cause he's my 3rd fav character~ tongue.gif ) Rinali now CANNOT die. She's the damsel of Innocence. Go Rinali and her super speed powa.[/spoiler] ALLEN!! GET UR STINKIN' INNOCENCE BACK AND GET UR SELF OVA TO THE MAIN STORYLINE!!
Blitz
^Huh, I thought everyone knew about the Heart Innocence... o_O Maybe it was just me...
MasterKris
^Huh, I thought everyone knew about the Heart Innocence... o_O Maybe it was just me...

Gasp!! How did you figure it out?? blink.gif
I neva knew!! *head goin' crazy*
Blitz
I just got my April issue of SJ, the one with the D.Gray preview...

I must say, I'm quite pleased with their translation. They actually use the words Akuma and anti-Akuma instead of translating it into Devil or something. Also, they spelled Timcampi with an i which I think is better than using a y. The Millenium Earl is translated as the Millenium Earl...
*feels relieved*
MasterKris
^I read it too!
*Gets relieved also* happy.gif
Now what we need to know is what kind of strange nickname Viz will give to Crow-chan.
edsgirl
QUOTE(MasterKris @ Feb 21 2006, 06:07 PM) [snapback]352886[/snapback]

Me like ur sig too!! biggrin.gif But I perfer Allen cause he's my 3rd most fav character of all mangas and animes.

I found an LJ that provides lots of good information! If you already know this site, SRRY!
http://community.livejournal.com/exorcists_order/
They rightnow posted about what does D stand for in D.Gray-man. For me, I think it's death or dark.... (disney?? laugh.gif laugh.gif )

I heard it had something to do with Oscar Wilde's novel about a character named Dorien Gray.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dorian_Gray Info link. It's more of a reference to the Millenium Earl than Allen. And if you think about it, it makes more sense why it would be named that.

I like the new sig, Blitz. I was going to do one with all three of them, but it was more like a naughty threesome. smile.gif
MasterKris
I heard it had something to do with Oscar Wilde's novel about a character named Dorien Gray.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dorian_Gray Info link. It's more of a reference to the Millenium Earl than Allen. And if you think about it, it makes more sense why it would be named that.

OMG!!
It HAS to be Dorian Gray!! It matches!

@edsgirl - your sig is just gorgeous! Is that a fanart? Cause the artstyle is reminding me of another manga called Spiral.

@Blitz - I LUV UR SIG! THAT'S MY MOST FAVORITE PICTURE OF ALL D.GRAY-MAN! (but I donno if that's a fanart or not....)
Blitz
^Thank ya... I didn't make it though. It's the sig I requested from Celestial-san about three months ago...

@edsgirl- Nice investigating! I like your new Allen siggie!
Edward Elric! Duh! Whoo hoo!
Volume 1 out in America. That's it right now,but great Manga. I recoment it. Is it me or is america alway behind everybody else in manga? *Sigh* Do other countries have faster translators or what? Thank god Shonen Jump has Manga previews!
MasterKris
Volume 1 out in America. That's it right now,but great Manga. I recoment it. Is it me or is america alway behind everybody else in manga? *Sigh* Do other countries have faster translators or what? Thank god Shonen Jump has Manga previews!

Sadly, yes. It's not b/c of translators but b/c of the company (ex. Viz, Tokyo Pop) itself. I don't really like Viz's translations and Tokyo Pop never edits the sound effects. That's why I buy manga from my country. Manga from scanlation groups are much much better.

D.Gray-man 70, 71, and 72 is out!
Ravi is so cute as always.... wub.gif
Blitz
QUOTE(MasterKris @ Mar 10 2006, 06:03 PM) [snapback]361374[/snapback]

Sadly, yes. It's not b/c of translators but b/c of the company (ex. Viz, Tokyo Pop) itself. I don't really like Viz's translations and Tokyo Pop never edits the sound effects. That's why I buy manga from my country. Manga from scanlation groups are much much better.

D.Gray-man 70, 71, and 72 is out!
Ravi is so cute as always.... wub.gif

The first volume is schduled to come out on May 2... o_O

Are the chapters Timcampi's or Shirou and Nubjuckie's? If they are Shirou and Nubjuckie's trans I have up to chapter 75... PM me if you want them MasterKris...

Edit: Nevermind... It's neither... Nubjuckie and Shirou's trans are much cleaner than the one up at Ta*mo...
MasterKris
^How'd u know I dowloaded them from Ta*mo? blink.gif
Wait, that's a stupid question....

D.Gray-man is kinda getting less interesting.... I wish it would hurry up and put back in Allen....
Blitz
^Hoshino-san does need to put Allen back in... We haven't seen him in 7 chapers-ish...

By the way, I sent you the chapters so check your email...
N. Havoc J.
QUOTE(Blitz @ Mar 12 2006, 07:03 AM) [snapback]362123[/snapback]

^Hoshino-san does need to put Allen back in... We haven't seen him in 7 chapers-ish...

By the way, I sent you the chapters so check your email...

Screw Allen. Kanda is the man. [spoiler]I'm surprised Japan is under the Earl's control.[/spoiler]. Does anyone think there might be another force that fights the Akuma other than the Dark Excorist.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.