Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: D.Gray-man, The Milennium Earl's already after you...
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Manga > Let's discuss your fav manga series here!
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
A Pierrot's Aria
I hope we'll see Lavi in the next chapter, too...

And I'm trying to get interested in Kanda's back story, but like I touched upon before, it seems so un-D.Gray-Man like at the moment, it doesn't have the same atmosphere as it did in the beginning. But here's to hoping nothing bad happens to Bak...*Whistles* xD

And Michiyo- it's a shame you didn't reach 666 posts yesterday, heheh! =P
Jealous Rogo
Am I the only one who doesn't mind the new style?

Things that are bothering me is things like the fact the plot is pretty all over the place at the moment. It almost felt like there was a chapter missing with this one. Things like why is Road appearing as a doll are stubbornly not being explained, as well as why did the Earl appear human for that small amount of time? Things like that are cool, but they'd be better if they were actually explained properly.

Wisely has instantly become a favourite of mine, but all the other Noah they've introduced in the past two chapters are completely uninteresting to me. Maybe because their personalities havent been introduced properly but I dunno... even their designs seem dull.
Aribelle
QUOTE (Michiyo- @ Nov 1 2009, 01:29 PM) *
Glad I'm not the only one who is confused and didn't understand everything in the newest chapter. I don't really like Hoshino's new style, I prefer the old one. And it seems she wants to end the manga soon. sad.gif

I missed Lavi. I hope we'll see him in the next chapter. And what's going to happen to Kanda now? huh.gif

I think the Noah are going to try to turn Kanda against the Order by showing him Alma...oh mannn that would be so sad. Gah.

QUOTE (A Pierrot's Aria @ Nov 1 2009, 01:41 PM) *
[font="Book Antiqua"]
And I'm trying to get interested in Kanda's back story, but like I touched upon before, it seems so un-D.Gray-Man like at the moment, it doesn't have the same atmosphere as it did in the beginning. But here's to hoping nothing bad happens to Bak...*Whistles* xD

It definitely doesn't have the same atmosphere. I think that Hoshino got really messed up by all the hiatuses and the change from weekly to monthly. It was going at a good pace with a good flow and then BAM! everything happened at once and she introduced all these new concepts/plot points/characters without the time for proper introductions. Maybe it'll take a few months to kind of fall into place, or maybe she's just rushing to end it. Hopefully it's the former sad.gif

I'm super into for Kanda's story though...I am just an uber Kanda fangirl, so I'll take whatever Hoshino gives me regarding his character XD

QUOTE (Jealous Rogo @ Nov 1 2009, 02:03 PM) *
Am I the only one who doesn't mind the new style?

Things that are bothering me is things like the fact the plot is pretty all over the place at the moment. It almost felt like there was a chapter missing with this one. Things like why is Road appearing as a doll are stubbornly not being explained, as well as why did the Earl appear human for that small amount of time? Things like that are cool, but they'd be better if they were actually explained properly.

Wisely has instantly become a favourite of mine, but all the other Noah they've introduced in the past two chapters are completely uninteresting to me. Maybe because their personalities havent been introduced properly but I dunno... even their designs seem dull.

I like the new style! I felt like she was drawing Kanda too...I dunno, strongly, but she seems to have softened up a bit. Although I still don't like it as much as her older stuff.

But I agree, too much too fast.

ETA:

A better translation is out on MangaShare if anyone is interested. I just read through it and it was definitely helpful in clarifying some things...although I'm still a bit confused about the second exorcists. But gah, poor Kanda. ;_;
Forsaken Love
loved the new chapter! way better than the last one, omg the earl is adam!? makes scense XD
RoyxRizaFan
Is this even Hoshino, though? I placed an image of each character from the last chapters compared to 188, and they are drastically different.

http://royxrizafan.deviantart.com/art/Hosh...stant-142525841

In less than six months, her layout, design, and structure have all changed at once????!
Forsaken Love
yesh I noticed that too, but try lining up a pic of Allen from every 20 or so chapters, hoshino's art drastically changes all the time, it has no consitancy XD anyway imo i much prefer the newer style although i liked it best around vols 6 and 7 (around chapter 50) the dark hectic pannles annoied me to hell, you couldn't make barley anything out XD
Aribelle
New chapter is out~

AHHH so excited for more Kanda flashbacks! *dies* and the part with the hair tie was funny XD. (I just really love Kanda ahaha).

This chapter was slightly less confusing than the last couple. I'm still excited for when the other translation comes out, through :3

The part with the fourteenth was intense...although it all happened so fast! D:

Not really any change in art style though. ;_;
Michiyo-
I still have to get used to the new art style.
The first part of the chapter was still a bit confusing for me, I guess I have to re-read the manga from the introduction of the 2nd and 3rd exorcists.
There were surprisingly lot joke scenes in this chapter, like Allen and Tyki stepping on the Earl, Kanda stoling Road's ribbon to tie his hair... laugh.gif But it's not bad to have these jokes, they lightened the mood of the chapter.
The part with the 14th was interesting, I wonder how Allen will solve this problem in the future.
In the next chapter we'll finally see Kanda's past.
And I still miss Lavi. sad.gif
Aribelle
All the jokes in the chapter were funny, but they seemed a little out of place...it just seemed like the atmosphere should have been more serious.

I miss Lavi too ;_; we haven't seen him for a really long time...since before the Timothy arc, right? Lord knows I'm loving all this Kanda stuff, but I really miss Lavi.

Although poor Kanda, that title color Christmas page was just too funny tongue.gif
Michiyo-
Well, Lavi appeared in chapter 187, but only in two panels: http://www.onemanga.com/D.Gray-Man/187/35/
And nothing since then. I don"t think we'll see him next month. sad.gif

I agree, the color page with Kanda was really funny. biggrin.gif
IceSkadi
I used to like this manga a lot especially due to its burtonish art style and for its "old creepy London" atmosphere.

Then the art style changed, completely changed, and I said "well until there are still the atmosphere and a good plot..."

Then both the atmosphere and the plot disappeared. Well the plot isn't completely disappeared, but all these new characters seems to have been created just to be put there to please some fangirls, and they're definitely too many for so few chapters.

I wish that it will return to the old glory, but I doubt that something so radical will happen out of the blue.
Aribelle
New chapter is out!

My Kanda love will never die. NEVAR D:

Even if Hoshino-sensei draws him much less awesomely nowadays ;_;

This chapter made me so sad though ;_; it was kind of heart-wrenching to see Kanda laughing with Alma at the end knowing what's to come. I also really liked seeing Fou again, although it was only a little bit...I just love the Asia Branch XD

I'm loving (in a masochistic way) these flashbacks, even though the art is so bleh.
A Pierrot's Aria
After all this time I've finally read Chapter 191, and although I haven't been liking the direction D.Gray-Man has been taking as of late, I actually really liked this chapter. It was quite heart-wrenching! I really loved the end panels. And seeing this side of Kanda is really interesting.

Bak Chan looks awesome with long hair, too! xD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.