Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: D.Gray-man, The Milennium Earl's already after you...
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Manga > Let's discuss your fav manga series here!
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
MasterKris
^OT: Ur sig is too big. Either reduce the size, chop it off, or get another one

Screw Allen. Kanda is the man.

Ah, you done it. Let's take this outside man. *lifts up a machine gun*

Does anyone think there might be another force that fights the Akuma other than the Dark Excorist.

Might be. Mabye people who don't wanna be in the Dark Organization but wants to fight Akumas?

Sigh~~ it's been a while since the last chap... I hope the next chap comes out soon.... sad.gif
N. Havoc J.
Rina li should be with Kanda!!!
MasterKris
^That's very random and it's considered as a spam. Please post more reasonable things than that. (I'm being picky, aren't I? tongue.gif )
N. Havoc J.
QUOTE(MasterKris @ Apr 28 2006, 11:06 AM) [snapback]387358[/snapback]

^That's very random and it's considered as a spam. Please post more reasonable things than that. (I'm being picky, aren't I? tongue.gif )
Sorry biggrin.gif. I would also like to say that Eshii was the best Akuma so far even though I wish it was Allen he was beating the crap out of not Rina li.
BTCstudent
Can anyone tell me when this is coming out in America or where I can read it online? Cause I ead a preview in the Monthly Shonen Jump mag. and now I'm hooked!
MasterKris
^It's forbidden to ask for manga scans and I heard it's coming out on May 2nd. PM me if you want some scans.
N. Havoc J.
Someone from stoptazmo.com can tell you a place to get it at . Does anyone know how the creator is doing I hear she is sick or something?
MasterKris
^Posting links for mangascans is also forbidden........;; (plez remove the link)
The mangaka is not a he, she's a woman. She got a bad case of injuries and is on a break.
N. Havoc J.
Does anyone have a picture of Zone I heard that she got the idea of Allen from the main character I just wanted a picture of what it looks like.
BTCstudent
Ohh. Sorry! Didn't remember that! And I got the manga! Now I'm even more hooked!
Blitz
After what seems like months of waiting, D.Gray-Man chapter 76 is still not out... *dies* Hoshino-san needs to recover! *goes to entertain herself by watching Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu*
MasterKris
^DEFINATELY! The next chap needs to hurry up! (so an anime can come out tongue.gif )

OT: *Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu* <---- weird anime.................

QUOTE(N. Havoc J. @ May 1 2006, 05:49 PM) [snapback]389043[/snapback]

Does anyone have a picture of Zone I heard that she got the idea of Allen from the main character I just wanted a picture of what it looks like.

This is all I could find.
Blitz
ZOMG!!!!

TIMCANPI IS BACK ON!!!!!!!!
N. Havoc J.
QUOTE(Blitz @ May 18 2006, 08:51 PM) [snapback]397427[/snapback]

ZOMG!!!!

TIMCANPI IS BACK ON!!!!!!!!

Sorry for sounding like a ass but to be honest thats not all the great of news if you know Katsura Hoshino isn't better.
MasterKris
^Even more sorringly, that is the greatest news to many DGM fans. Timcanpi site is the most popular DGM site with lots of releases and THEY'RE the ones who scanlate the manga and puts on lots of DGM news and provices many info. But the site went down for many months and stopped scanlating, so of course the fans were depressed and that even Hoshino-sensei got an injury, it's even more bad news. Timcanpi returning is a great news to all. Try to be polite around here man, and be sure to at least have some idea before you go around and insulting about something you have no idea of. dry.gif
N. Havoc J.
QUOTE(MasterKris @ May 20 2006, 10:11 PM) [snapback]398481[/snapback]

^Even more sorringly, that is the greatest news to many DGM fans. Timcanpi site is the most popular DGM site with lots of releases and THEY'RE the ones who scanlate the manga and puts on lots of DGM news and provices many info. But the site went down for many months and stopped scanlating, so of course the fans were depressed and that even Hoshino-sensei got an injury, it's even more bad news. Timcanpi returning is a great news to all. Try to be polite around here man, and be sure to at least have some idea before you go around and insulting about something you have no idea of. dry.gif

I know that they scanlate the manga, but there are others too the last chapter I read wasn't done by them, I'm aware about their site problem, I don't care how big of a fan site it is. If the creator isn't better there isn't much to celebrate about. dry.gif I'm not more sorringly other then not being all that excited.
Blitz
^ Well, Congratulations. I couldn't understand your first sentence due to punctuation missing.

While Hoshino Katsura is sick, we can't change that fact. We'll have to wait it out like the first time she got sick. Timcanpi on the other hand, now that they're back, we're certain we'll be getting some scanlations, not just depending on random people who do it occasionally. There's a consistency when you have a site up.

And past the unpleasant stuff, I got more good news. According to my sources, DGM should be out in next week's Shounen Jump.
N. Havoc J.
QUOTE(Blitz @ May 23 2006, 03:29 PM) [snapback]399839[/snapback]

^ Well, Congratulations. I couldn't understand your first sentence due to punctuation missing.

While Hoshino Katsura is sick, we can't change that fact. We'll have to wait it out like the first time she got sick. Timcanpi on the other hand, now that they're back, we're certain we'll be getting some scanlations, not just depending on random people who do it occasionally. There's a consistency when you have a site up.

And past the unpleasant stuff, I got more good news. According to my sources, DGM should be out in next week's Shounen Jump.

You’re just annoyed I don’t care about your fan site. dry.gif But it is good to hear she is getting better. smile.gif
Blitz
ZOMFG!

D.Gray-man chapter 76 out! The RAW.
Fayth Prophecy
I got to read the first chapter of this and I'm planning on buying the manga, when I have money^^;
MasterKris
QUOTE(Blitz @ Jun 2 2006, 03:17 PM) [snapback]405070[/snapback]

ZOMFG!

D.Gray-man chapter 76 out! The RAW.

!!!!!!!!!
Things to say after reading.

1. The art style changed again and Ravi now looks like a mid-teen girl.
2. I WANT MY LONG-HAIRED RINALI BACK!! >_<
3. WHERE'S ALLEN?? ALLEN?? THE MAIN DUDE???

The chapter is pretty much understandable without translations. Since the ship and the crew is alive being protected by Miranda's innocence, Miranda is really tired off. They have to let Miranda rest or she might die, so the exorcists have to leave the ship and the crew. Of course, they don't want the crew to die, but they have no choice. So off they go saying tearful goodbyes and the ship is destroyed without Miranda's powers.

HOPE ALLEN APPEARS IN THE NEXT CHAP!!
Blitz
Chapter 77 low quality out. (RAW)

Anyhoo, still no Allen and I must say, Hoshino-san's art style has changed considerably.... We see some of Noah's decendents....
MasterKris
Was really funny when that cart hit and send one of the Noah's decendents flying! laugh.gif

I read a translation of chap 76 and that woman who lend Rinali the hair tie (I forgot her name) said, "Grow your hair long again, you have beautiful black hair." to Rinali, WHICH I AGREE.

That nice hollow that now follows Ravi and gang transforms into this weird girl...

Ravi still looks girlish.
edsgirl
I miss Kanda!! Where the hell is Allen? The Noah twins seem pretty cool and they must be pretty powerful if the Earl sent them to take on Cross. I thought it was pretty awesome that the Akumas actually devour other Akumas. That was a nice addition.

Am I the only one who feels sorry for this crew? I mean, considering that Japan is the Akumas playground, I don't see them surviving. Maybe the exorcists, but not any of the ship's crew.
Blitz
^ Agree with you on that one.... The poor crew!

Chapter 78 RAW is out.... Chomesuke is under the Earl's control now, me thinks.... Poor Chome.... Still no Allen, the MAIN character.
MasterKris
^STILL NO ALLEN??

*runs to get chap 78 RAW*

EDIT: Wait, there is Allen. At the end of the chap, he's still training. (barnicles) His eyes are detecting something.
Blitz
Ah! Forgot to post about chapter 79.

Rabi vs Ticky!

[spoiler] Ticky sent some Akuma to capture Allen.... Oh noes! [/spoiler]
MasterKris
D.GRAY-MAN ANIME IS COMING OUT THIS FALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHOOT! I hope the voices are good and the plot won't be so sucky.

Blitz
I've heard about that but I think it's too soon. Plus, it's just rumors. Not official yet.

EDIT: Nevermind.... Sueisha has confirmed it. NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! *shudders at the thought of fillers*
MasterKris
QUOTE(Blitz @ Jun 26 2006, 03:01 PM) [snapback]416774[/snapback]

I've heard about that but I think it's too soon. Plus, it's just rumors. Not official yet.

EDIT: Nevermind.... Sueisha has confirmed it. NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! *shudders at the thought of fillers*

In a way, I think it's soon too. I don't think there's gonna be any fillers though. I predict that the anime will follow the manga storyline and graduately move to its own plot and end in a very crushing ending. Still be excited though, I just can't wait! happy.gif (after that horrible manga hiatus, I'm thrilled of the anime!)
Blitz
Chapter 80 scan out! This chapter, subtract the first page, is all Allen. Yay. The Akuma Ticky sent has reached his destination.
edsgirl
Official anime site:
http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/dgrayman/

I still think it's wayyyy too early for an anime adaptation, but I'm just going to wait until the actual anime comes out before I pass any judgement. It might turn out okay.
Blitz
^ You haven't been on in a long time edsgirl!

Anyhoo, I agree that it's TOO early for an adaptation but the seiyuus are very promising. And on another note, Timcanpi did a mass release and is finally up to date.
edsgirl
QUOTE(Blitz @ Aug 15 2006, 07:57 PM) [snapback]433162[/snapback]

Anyhoo, I agree that it's TOO early for an adaptation but the seiyuus are very promising. And on another note, Timcanpi did a mass release and is finally up to date.

Yea, I saw that too. I was so happy that Timcanpi is back to doing the scanlations. I left this long crazy ass reply on their comeback post. tongue.gif Allen got all crazy, but in a good way, on me. I actually started giggling like crazy [spoiler] when he got his innocence back. WTF is up with the clown stuff? It does look cool, but a little on the psycho side. I miss my Kanda and Ravi![/spoiler]
MasterKris
QUOTE(edsgirl @ Aug 15 2006, 10:27 PM) [snapback]433325[/snapback]

QUOTE(Blitz @ Aug 15 2006, 07:57 PM) [snapback]433162[/snapback]

Yea, I saw that too. I was so happy that Timcanpi is back to doing the scanlations. I left this long crazy ass reply on their comeback post. tongue.gif Allen got all crazy, but in a good way, on me. I actually started giggling like crazy [spoiler] when he got his innocence back. WTF is up with the clown stuff? It does look cool, but a little on the psycho side. I miss my Kanda and Ravi![/spoiler]

[spoiler]Kanda's coming back though! He showed up at the end of the chapter that was released this week.[/spoiler]
Blitz
^ I saw the RAW up for download on Excorcist's Order LJ but didn't get it since I thought Timcanpi would have the scan out..... Their site's been temporarily disabled for some reason.

Also, welcome back MasterKris!
MasterKris
QUOTE(Blitz @ Aug 20 2006, 08:14 AM) [snapback]434925[/snapback]

^ I saw the RAW up for download on Excorcist's Order LJ but didn't get it since I thought Timcanpi would have the scan out..... Their site's been temporarily disabled for some reason.

Thank you!! ^^

BTW: Does anybody think Kanda looked REAL cool at the end of chap 62?? tongue.gif
edsgirl
QUOTE(MasterKris @ Aug 20 2006, 05:21 PM) [snapback]435023[/snapback]

QUOTE(Blitz @ Aug 20 2006, 08:14 AM) [snapback]434925[/snapback]

Thank you!! ^^

BTW: Does anybody think Kanda looked REAL cool at the end of chap 62?? tongue.gif

laugh.gif Of course! I had to go back and reread what I read, cause I got all fangirly once I saw Kanda looking all sexy and stuff. I might have actually drooled. I'm kinda anxious for October now. I wanna see all the guys animated, even though I still think it's too early for an anime. It should still be pretty cool.

I love Allen's new exorcist uniform. I really need to get some of those boots.

wub.gif Kanda!
Edamame
I just started reading volume one of the manga last night after it was reccomended to me by a friend. I did not care for it at first because I kept on thinking that it was a rip-off of Fullmetal Alchemist. (Allen Walker kept of reminding me of Edward Elric and the Akuma made me think of Homunculi.) However, I could not stop reading it though despite what I initially thought. I just finished the first volume this morning and have to admit that I rather enjoyed it. I love the art style and the bizarreness of the manga. I already love Allen's character and the Millenium Earl really amuses me. (He reminds me of the Blue-Meanies in the movie "The Yellow Submarine.") I look forward to reading more now, and am glad that I gave the manga a chance.
MasterKris
QUOTE(Edamame @ Aug 24 2006, 08:36 AM) [snapback]436595[/snapback]

I just started reading volume one of the manga last night after it was reccomended to me by a friend. I did not care for it at first because I kept on thinking that it was a rip-off of Fullmetal Alchemist. (Allen Walker kept of reminding me of Edward Elric and the Akuma made me think of Homunculi.) However, I could not stop reading it though despite what I initially thought. I just finished the first volume this morning and have to admit that I rather enjoyed it. I love the art style and the bizarreness of the manga. I already love Allen's character and the Millenium Earl really amuses me. (He reminds me of the Blue-Meanies in the movie "The Yellow Submarine.") I look forward to reading more now, and am glad that I gave the manga a chance.

Yay! A new D.Gray fan!! biggrin.gif
Yeah, D.Gray-man resembles FMA very much at the beginning, but later on it doesn't seem so simliar anymore. happy.gif
FMA is alchemy while D.Gray is more of a gothic thing.
Allen is too cute! He's also concerned about his height and doesn't like being called beansprout. ^^ But on the other hand, his personality is more of Al than Ed.

Keep on reading! It gets better and better and more exorcists are introduced~
The art style though, changes dramatically at around chap 75-ish cause that time, the mangaka had a serious accident and went on a hiatus for a while and the art changed. But major of the fans like the new art style.

laugh.gif Of course! I had to go back and reread what I read, cause I got all fangirly once I saw Kanda looking all sexy and stuff. I might have actually drooled. I'm kinda anxious for October now. I wanna see all the guys animated, even though I still think it's too early for an anime. It should still be pretty cool.

I love Allen's new exorcist uniform. I really need to get some of those boots.

wub.gif Kanda!

From what I seen of the anime picture, Rinali and Kanda are not lookin' so well... sleep.gif
HOPE THEY DON'T HAVE FILLERS. And it's a relief that Gonzo isn't doing D.Gray. dry.gif
Is it me, or is Allen getting cuter in his own way? :3

Someone had this as his siggy in the D.Gray-man forum.

Alleness = cuteness
Raviness = coolness
Kandaness = smexyness

Anybody disagree? I didn't think so. rolleyes.gif
edsgirl
QUOTE(MasterKris @ Aug 24 2006, 01:45 PM) [snapback]436623[/snapback]

Is it me, or is Allen getting cuter in his own way? :3

Someone had this as his siggy in the D.Gray-man forum.

Alleness = cuteness
Raviness = coolness
Kandaness = smexyness

Anybody disagree? I didn't think so. rolleyes.gif

Trust me, it's not just you. But I need more of Allen without a shirt on. I need to do another D. Gray siggie in the future. Maybe Cross this time, or one with all three of them. Nobody has the balls to disagree with the above statements. biggrin.gif

Welcome new D.Gray fan! Just like Masta said, it gets less and less like Fullmetal as the story progresses. I read D.Gray in like 2 days, so the story gets really addicting.
Blitz
^ Wow, two days? It took me about four. tongue.gif
MasterKris
^My friend actually read D.Gray-man in TWO HOURS. Seriously, I didn't believe her at first.

For me, I don't remember how long I read it. ^^;;
Edamame
QUOTE(MasterKris @ Aug 24 2006, 08:23 PM) [snapback]436685[/snapback]

^My friend actually read D.Gray-man in TWO HOURS. Seriously, I didn't believe her at first.

She read eight volumes in only two hours? I don't think that I can believe that either.The story seems to move at a fairly fast pace compared to Hagaren; the first volume litteraly throws you right into the action. I believe that I could read all eight volumes in two days, but I am trying to read only three chapters each night. (I'm weird- If I like something I'll try to stretch it out as long as it can so it won't end) I hope that the anime series that is coming to Japan in October will be as enjoyable as the manga currently. ~~~Allen is making me a fan-girl...
MasterKris
QUOTE(Edamame @ Aug 25 2006, 08:40 AM) [snapback]437098[/snapback]

QUOTE(MasterKris @ Aug 24 2006, 08:23 PM) [snapback]436685[/snapback]

She read eight volumes in only two hours? I don't think that I can believe that either.The story seems to move at a fairly fast pace compared to Hagaren; the first volume litteraly throws you right into the action. I believe that I could read all eight volumes in two days, but I am trying to read only three chapters each night. (I'm weird- If I like something I'll try to stretch it out as long as it can so it won't end) I hope that the anime series that is coming to Japan in October will be as enjoyable as the manga currently. ~~~Allen is making me a fan-girl...

There were only 6-7 volumes that time. ^^

OMG! Kanda in action in this week's chap~!! (when will it be Allen's turn to show off? I miss him already. T_T)
Something bad happened... could it be the ark?
Rinslet
I feel so n00b! i read 1 volume long ago, but don't feel like reading it at that time, like 2-3 days ago i was really bored and re-read it and ;_; darn, could't stop! finish it today and really enjoyed it =) haven't luv a character this much since long ago, but Ravi is loooove *-*
MasterKris
QUOTE(Rinslet @ Aug 30 2006, 05:13 PM) [snapback]439223[/snapback]

I feel so n00b! i read 1 volume long ago, but don't feel like reading it at that time, like 2-3 days ago i was really bored and re-read it and ;_; darn, could't stop! finish it today and really enjoyed it =) haven't luv a character this much since long ago, but Ravi is loooove *-*

First, please set your grammer right. It's on the forum rules. smile.gif
Second, many people does that, and the term, n00b, doesn't really apply to it much.

Good thing you enjoyed it though. happy.gif
Zarpia
I'm tempted, I'm tempted!!!
Blitz
^ To read it? Go right ahead. Currently, it's one of my top five favorite manga. ^^
MasterKris
OMG! Allen's back~!! laugh.gif
This chap was great! The two shadows made by Allen and Earl was kinda cool. I can't wait for the next chapter~ ^^
It's kinda obvious now that Rinali's innocence is the 'heart,' what will happen? ^^
Kanda's gettin' smexier by appearance~ rolleyes.gif

Allen, Kanda, and Rabi are all at the same place now! w00t!! XD
HURRY NEXT CHAP!! I WANT YA! O_O
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.