Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: D.Gray-man, The Milennium Earl's already after you...
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Manga > Let's discuss your fav manga series here!
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Omakase Shimasu
D.Gray-man(ディー・グレイマン) is a manga serial by Hoshino Katsura (星野 桂).
It is a gothic-fiction manga first serialized in 2004 in Weekly Shonen Jump by Jump Comics.
It is currently still running and is up to volume 5.

Summary (Spoiler FREE) - Taken from Timcanpi.net and Wikipedia
There are evil forces lurking on earth, but only a few people are aware of it. A class of evil beings who hate mankind and wish for its destruction.

The Milennium Earl (Sennenhakusyaku), leader of this forces, has created terrible weapon named "Akuma", specifically designed to target Mankind.

The only way to counter Akuma is to rely on Exorcists, and the organization which gathers them all: the "Dark Religious Organization".

Surely you must've heard of it? If not, check it out.
If so, check it out. biggrin.gif You'd be doing me a favor~
RolfKaese
The manga's really good, but I kinda dislike the direction it goes currently,
it's all confusing and stuff,
but the vampire guy just rocks X3
Omakase Shimasu
Ugh, I know what you mean. -__- It seems like the reader's being rushed into things way too fast.

But yes, Vampire Guy (sorry, sorry, I've forgotten your name!!) is awesome.
So's Miss Lot. happy.gif They'd make a perfect match, in my opinion.

Guess which character's my favorite, Rolfie, guess, guess!
Christallie Kalric
currently reading it... in Singapore there is only volume 3... can't wait for the rest...
Fresh_Coffee
I finally decided to get started. ;3 Though I didn't post until I saw Kassy online! Hi!!..
Anyway is it more do Akuma remind you of the homoculus in a way?
Omakase Shimasu
What an honor~ biggrin.gif

And yes, yes, I caught onto many similiarities once I started reading.
Example: Allen is Edward down to a T. O_O His arm, his air, his main character position, his Master's timcanpi (AL %D)... okay, personalities-wise they are way different, I suppose. tongue.gif But still!
Omakase Shimasu
biggrin.gif Well, it could be because they're pretty minor characters? Cross' name does pop up every now and again though. (He's Allen's former Master, one of the five Exorcist Generals?) Miss Lot aka Miranda Lot is the Exorcist/woman with dark hair and can manipulate time with her clock.

Rabi and Allen first come across Mister Vampire... still haven't recovered his name tongue.gif ... in one of the later volumes. If I said anything more I'd probably spoil everything though.

Hmm, I really should start getting back to reading the scanations... ph34r.gif Otherwise I'll get left behind again, like with Death Note.
Fresh_Coffee
ah, you've refreashed my memory, kase. '____' I was like, w00t? I like Miranda :3 I've forgotten that allen's teacher name was cross.

I'm actually at that part of the manga, where we meet Mr.Vampire. I just can't remember his name either *_* I have to catch up... I stop reading after that =P Not that it isn't good.. I just sorta forgot about it? laugh.gif

That reminds me I have to catch up on Deathnote I think I'm 4 months behind. =P Well more for me to read.. XD
Omakase Shimasu
Miranda's my favorite female character. X3 Her powers to maipulate time are awesome. I can't wait for her to show up again as a formal exorcist.

I stopped reading a few chapters after that. I guess the story was becoming... odd. In a negative way. But I promised myself I'd keep downloading chapters and reading them all. Some day. rolleyes.gif

Oh, I've stopped reading Death Note altogether. biggrin.gif;; I don't what's up with manga these days. They all have some kind of turn-off that makes me reluctant to finish them. How annoying, really.
Fresh_Coffee
I think Miranda is cool as well. I was a bit sad when she had to leave the story but she was such a nice character.

It's nice to know we are somewhat on the same level, I should probably continue reading it. x3 I'm just afraid to be left on a cliffy.

You stopped reading Deathnote? ohmy.gif I have to admit my addiction for Deathnote has died down, I am way behind.

Probably because...

[spoiler] L died [/spoiler]
~.:Anime_Gal:.~
i started reading D.Gray-Man 2 weeks ago and a huge fan of it smile.gif
my favourite characters got to be Allen and Rabi
i can see people are starting to read the manga also, thats a good thing.
cant wait for my auntie to get me volume 5!! but still reading 1-4 over and over tongue.gif

Anyway is it more do Akuma remind you of the homoculus in a way?

well they are kinda the same but different and some ways... i just forgot what the differences was huh.gif

Rabi and Allen first come across Mister Vampire... still haven't recovered his name  ... in one of the later volumes. If I said anything more I'd probably spoil everything though.

isint the vampires name アaレreイiスsuタtaー クkuロroウuりriー??? or something else?
NarutoFan101
yeah tongue.gif i read this in shonen jump:)

i like it a lot:P my friend is reading it too
~.:Anime_Gal:.~
its in jump???
coolies smile.gif gotta ask mums friend for some jump mangas *evil smile*

i got the influence of my sister, that was from my mum, that was from my cousin... i guess it run in the family tongue.gif

this is a question ive been trying to figure out, is Allens his hair white, brown or grey? because in the front cover on volume 1 his hair is white, when he was little he has brown hair and in many picture i see of Allen his hair is grey.
so which one is it?
Omakase Shimasu
As far as I know, the artwork from the mangaka features Allen with grey-ish/white hair and red eyes.

And Mr. Vampire is called Crowley.
Christallie Kalric
this is a question ive been trying to figure out, is Allens his hair white, brown or grey? because in the front cover on volume 1 his hair is white, when he was little he has brown hair and in many picture i see of Allen his hair is grey.

it is actually white. in the 4th volume, when rabi and allen were making snowman, rabi asked allen his age . he also said that the was suprised that he was only 15 and thought allen was older because of his white hair.

i guess the artwork's allen's hair is abit greyish because it will really look odd for a 15-year-old with white hair.

is it written in the manga, i better check it out.

i think his hair is too white for a fifteen-year-old. minus a point for the curse

MasterKris
Hello, hello!! tongue.gif
I just started reading this manga and now up to chapter 15. It's really AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!! I LUV THE STORY AND THE ACTION!! My fav character is Allen~!! He's soooooooo coolz and ADORABLE!! wub.gif
Because of my late night reading of this manga, I didn't fnish my hw and oveslept...
Gotta read more chapters!!

Allen's hair used to be brown, but the curse made it greyish white. (A bonus to the curse!!)

ETA: Nov. 12
Up to the recent chapters, IS RINALI GONNA DIE?? SHE CAN'T DIE! SHE'S ONE OF MY FAV CHARACTERS~!!!!!!!!
The mangaka is ill so there would be delays of manga scans for two weeks... please get better...
Christallie Kalric
no i don't think so, she's just too an important character
MasterKris
Yeah.. but there are lots of people who thinks Rinali is gonna die. Weird... these clift hangers always gets me. I WANT NEXT CHAPTER!! ME WANT TO SEE ALLEN GET HIS INNOCENCE BACK!! Sigh~~ If Allen does, something tells me he's going to get a power up weapon again...
At first, I didn't really like Rhode, Tiki, and Earl. But... they do have a funny side. But still evil~!!

Allen is just sooo much like Ed in soo many ways. Are they long lost twin brothers so something?
Christallie Kalric
i think the bold sentence and the two sentences down are spoiler.tongue.gif

which chapter is it? is it vol 6 or something becuasse i don't know what you're talking about.
MasterKris
The chap up to date~~

Srry about the double post but...
THE NEW CHAPTER IS FINALLY OUT!! CHAPTER 69!!!! KAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. The art style is a bit different now... Not so different, but some details are weird looking now...
2. IT STILL DOESN'T REVEAL IF RINALI DIES OR NOT!! AHHHH!!!!!!!! (but if there are translations...)
3. It's mostly flashback with Allen and Rinali
4. I think they are talking about that dream Rinali had
5. GASP!! ALLEN'S EYE IS GOING CRAZY!
6. As you expect, he still doesn't have his arm back
7. The cover of Allen looks freaky...
8. Allen made Rinali cry again~ (Is this chapter some kind of AllenXRinali??)

The new cover for vol 7 is coolz... KOUMEI~!!
It looks like he's holding a dead baby...
Blitz
First time posting in this thread but I managed to read all the chapters and the new RAW in two days. I am such a freak

When I read the news about the mangaka being sick, the first reaction I had was "Does he have cancer?!" For some reason, mangakas always seem to get sick at the peak of their work...
MasterKris
Welcome Blitz!!

First time posting in this thread but I managed to read all the chapters and the new RAW in two days. I am such a freak

When I read the news about the mangaka being sick, the first reaction I had was "Does he have cancer?!" For some reason, mangakas always seem to get sick at the peak of their work...

Don't worry, cause when I introduced a friend of mine about D.Gray-man, she read all 67 chapters in 2 hours...

The mangaka is a 'she' by the way. biggrin.gif
Christallie Kalric
what! you guys are already in chapter 69!!! i'm only read till vol 5 sad.gif

so no idea what you guys are talking about. and i can't down load the chapters. even so, i won't understand it anyway. sad.gif
Blitz
QUOTE(MasterKris @ Dec 18 2005, 11:40 PM) [snapback]331206[/snapback]

The mangaka is a 'she' by the way. biggrin.gif

Whoops, my mistake! A lot of females are climbing their way up with the male mangakas these days. It's a good thing!
Kanki
-shifteh eyes- Chapter 70 came out -runs off-
MasterKris
WHAT??????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! blink.gif
MUST GET IT!!
Blitz
We won't be getting trans of any chapter soon cuz I found out that Timcampi.net is BROKE! *sob* No one's been donating to them...
MasterKris
We won't be getting trans of any chapter soon cuz I found out that Timcampi.net is BROKE! *sob* No one's been donating to them...

WHAT?????/!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THAT MEANS NO MORE TIMCAMPI!! AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *faints~*
Blitz
QUOTE(MasterKris @ Dec 24 2005, 03:04 PM) [snapback]333352[/snapback]

WHAT?????/!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THAT MEANS NO MORE TIMCAMPI!! AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *faints~*

*faints also* By the way, have you read the RAW yet MasterKris? I hate myself... I can read the text but I just can't understand it! *emo*
MasterKris
*faints also* By the way, have you read the RAW yet MasterKris? I hate myself... I can read the text but I just can't understand it! *emo*

Yes!!
I did, looks like Rinali is kicking back power!! I luved Rabi's expression when he found bite marks on his neck!! laugh.gif
Me too! I can read it, BUT CAN'T UNDERSTAND IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm soon gonna get a Photoshop CS2 for Christmas!! So if I can, I'll try to edit the translations into chap 69!! (since there are no translations for 70... sad.gif )
Blitz
QUOTE(MasterKris @ Dec 24 2005, 09:53 PM) [snapback]333482[/snapback]

Yes!!
I did, looks like Rinali is kicking back power!! I luved Rabi's expression when he found bite marks on his neck!! laugh.gif
Me too! I can read it, BUT CAN'T UNDERSTAND IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm soon gonna get a Photoshop CS2 for Christmas!! So if I can, I'll try to edit the translations into chap 69!! (since there are no translations for 70... sad.gif )

Hooray for Photoshop! I want Photoshop, too. Maybe I'll buy...
MasterKris
Ah!!
The Hisa-chan Scanlations edited chap 69 of DGM!!
Here is the site!
[doot]
It's the second post down.
Omakase Shimasu
Sorry, MasterKris, but I had to take out the url, since D.Gay-Man has already been licensed. biggrin.gif

To soften the blow somewhat, let's talk about something else manga-ish! biggrin.gif'' Who here likes the new outfits Miranda brought the team? (Rabi suddenly developed muscle-mass when he got his!) And what do you guys think about the sudden change in style? Or is it just me going paranoid? And what of all the wangst?
MasterKris
Aw man!! I hate it when mangas get liscensed!! AND THEY'RE SO SLOW AT IT TOO!! MAY?? COME ON!! WORK FASTER!!

To soften the blow somewhat, let's talk about something else manga-ish! '' Who here likes the new outfits Miranda brought the team? (Rabi suddenly developed muscle-mass when he got his!) And what do you guys think about the sudden change in style? Or is it just me going paranoid? And what of all the wangst?

OOoo!! I also thought the style changed too! The cover of Allen on chap 69 is really freaking me out... HE'S SUPPOSE TO BE ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!!! Usually, I thnk their mouths also got weird, the whole manga has a bit different feel to it... I guess one month of no drawing practice really got our mangaka down...

ME WANT TO SEE THE NEXT CHAP BUT NO JUMP MAGAZINE THIS WEEK!!!!!!!! WHAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!
Omakase Shimasu
Yes, my thoughts exactly! I've been going through the entire manga and have been seriously regretting the loss of cute!Allen. The new style reminded me of a bit of a mix between Bleach and CLAMP's Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles. Such a shame. sad.gif

And I don't think Linali is going to die. She and Allen must become a couple afterall. rolleyes.gif tongue.gif

Aa, but lovely Miranda! My love for her has grown now that she's returned. Hopefully she doesn't end up with Rabi. Either Mr. Vampire or nobody at all, please, please, please--
Blitz
*sniffle* I wanna read D.Gray-man 69... *sniffle*
MasterKris
And I don't think Linali is going to die. She and Allen must become a couple afterall.

Haha happy.gif;;... are you a AllenxRinali fan, Omakase Shimasu??

I heard that Rabi's official spelling is Ravi. Personally, I think Ravi is a bit better? wink.gif
Blitz
I wonder if we'll get a chapter 70 trans soon? Need...more...D.Gray-man... If Timcampi can't get back on, I hope at least another group will keep it going.

edit: I just found out that anime_junkie33, LJ user might provide us with D.Gray-man as long as Hisa-chan Scans can get a full time translator for the manga! This is what he/she wrote:

"I'm the founder of Hisa-chan Scanlations, and I'm only doing D.Gray-Man cause a friend found me translations and raws, and I was bored. If we do get a full-time translator, we'll do more D.Gray-Man, and maybe other projects. Project suggestions are welcome, if yo can provide raws/translations/both.

Just to clear things up. biggrin.gif"
MasterKris
hmmmmm~ it's around time that chap 71 should be coming out...

I also found out that there is a special reason why Ravi wears an eyepatch, Hoshino-sensei said that she will reveal the reason later in the manga...

Hmm~ I also want to know about Kanda's symbol on his chest and who he's looking for, also Allen's past... so many things need to be revealed...

Earl is an alchemist... who knew?
Blitz
QUOTE(MasterKris @ Dec 30 2005, 04:27 PM) [snapback]335227[/snapback]

Earl is an alchemist... who knew?

I believe that there was a page at the end of one chapter that explained that he was a real person. It was like the end of chapter 3 wasn't it?
MasterKris
OOO!! CHAP 71 CAME OUT!! Was that you Blitz? Who posted it?
Wha!! What the hect is happenin' to Rinali?? And why does the pic of Allen in the first page look so weird?

I came across this HOT pic of Allen, Rabi, and Kanda in SUITS!!
Can't believe that this pic actually made DGM go up as my top 4 fav manga!!
Sigh~ I'm so obsessed with Allen~!! tongue.gif
Blitz
QUOTE(MasterKris @ Dec 31 2005, 11:28 PM) [snapback]335787[/snapback]

OOO!! CHAP 71 CAME OUT!! Was that you Blitz? Who posted it?
Wha!! What the hect is happenin' to Rinali?? And why does the pic of Allen in the first page look so weird?

I came across this HOT pic of Allen, Rabi, and Kanda in SUITS!!
Can't believe that this pic actually made DGM go up as my top 4 fav manga!!
Sigh~ I'm so obsessed with Allen~!! tongue.gif

You mean in LJ? If so, yes~ Muhuhuha. <~~ Akward moment.

D. Gray-man is currently on my top 5 list with Bleach, Naruto, Hagaren, and One Piece.
MasterKris
argh~
you got the happy idiot avatar of Allen before me! so close~ tongue.gif
and yes, in the LJ

Chap 71 is so confusing... needs translations....
Blitz
Yay for Allen the idiot~
MasterKris
Let's have a change of topic. What is your favorite story?? I like the Komrin one. It may be short, but it's hilariously amusing. I also like the Vampire one, cause that's where I first began to like Ravi.
Blitz
I like the Crowley one, too. I think that's when Rabi became my favorite D.Gray character.
MasterKris
Man!!
Blitz, you got the icon I wanted before me!! When I saw the icon from the LJ, I was too lazy to put it up so I thought, I'll just do it tomorrow. The next day, I MISSED!! im too slow (and lazy)... tongue.gif
Is it me, or is our avatar and sigs almost the same thing?? blink.gif
Blitz
^ Lol. Sorry! I took the Allen Idiot one, too didn't I? >.<;;

Some person on the Tazmo forums said that they've emailed Timcampi and Timp replied. They said they're planning to come back on... Hope it's real soon. Also, it's on the D.Gray LJ community so check it out~ They're looking for donations.
MasterKris
TIMCAMPI IS GONNA BE BACK!! HOORAY!!

Chap. 72... what the hect... IS RINALI GONNA DIE?? blink.gif That hugging scene was cute~
Blitz
^ Yay Timcampi will indeed be back!

I wish I understood a little bit more of Japanese.... I only understood those pages because they were short and simple...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.