Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Most Useless Characters of All Time
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Anime
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Tetsuya
Hercule from DBZ-GT and Shippo from Inuyasha
Zarpia
Hercule from DBZ-GT and Shippo from Inuyasha

I agree about Hercule, but shippo?.....i love shippo, althogh he is kinda of useless.
xrninja
- shippou from inuyasha: he doesn't do much more than his kitsune-bi thing and the pink balloon. he's the obligatory cute factor, but kirara's cute too, plus she's very handy in battle and transportation.
- mr. satan from DBZ: videl is cool, but to think someone would have had to have sex with mr. satan to produce videl is ick.
- sakuno from tenipuri: has she done anything more than say "ryouma-kun!" so far? nooo. tomo-chan's kind of useless too, but at least she's amusing. the ichinensei trio are pretty useless too.
- shinobu from love hina: all she does is fawn over her urashima-senpai.
mongooseboi
QUOTE(xrninja @ Apr 12 2005, 08:26 PM)
- sakuno from tenipuri: has she done anything more than say "ryouma-kun!" so far? nooo. tomo-chan's kind of useless too, but at least she's amusing. the ichinensei trio are pretty useless too.
[snapback]151557[/snapback]

i think ryouma can be a one man team since he is so awesome. ! PoT ended! noooooooooo
Fresh_Coffee
QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ Apr 9 2005, 03:01 PM)
Houji from Rurouni Kenshin.  "The most devoted Juppongatana", my foot.  He does absolutely nothing proactive, except fawn ridiculously over how wonderful Shishio-Sama is, and then go insane and bust up the pipes in his headquarters.

At least the other members of the ten swords actually did something.  Even Yumi was useful enough.  Shishio keeping Houji around makes no sense to me.
[snapback]149464[/snapback]

@_@ I don't even remember Houji was it that girl/boy that like shisho? I don't remember their names.

QUOTE(mongooseboi @ Apr 13 2005, 12:36 AM)

i think ryouma can be a one man team since he is so awesome. ! PoT ended! noooooooooo
[snapback]151676[/snapback]

laugh.gif Yes he can be his one man team. Poft has ended did the manga also end or is still continuing. Yes, Sakuno is pretty useless sleep.gif
Kihaku
QUOTE(Fresh_Coffee @ Apr 13 2005, 05:14 AM)
QUOTE(mongooseboi @ Apr 13 2005, 12:36 AM)

[snapback]151676[/snapback]

laugh.gif Yes he can be his one man team. Poft has ended did the manga also end or is still continuing. Yes, Sakuno is pretty useless sleep.gif
[snapback]151723[/snapback]

Yay, you agree. My point also is that although Tomo and the three freshman are actually usless, Sakuno is even worse. She's beyond useless. Scary. tongue.gif
Nah, Ryouma couldn't be a one man team.. sure there's a lot of skill, power and confidence, but he'd get beaten up without his senpais to protect him from all the people he's pissed off. tongue.gif
I'd also like to know if the manga is still ongoing.. I have no idea how the anime ended.... must not spoil myself...
alchemistgirl zero
I would probably say Shippou.
^-^ Though, when you think about all the monsters and demons that Shippou's been around at such a tender age...he is going to be one screwed up teenager. 0.O;;;
Gato Gurl914
Yahiko (Rurouni Kenshin)- yeah once in awhile he pulls a knee to the groin but other than that hes comedy relief.

Karou-dono (Rurouni Kenshin)- All she does is whine. oh kenshin, don't be a hero! oh kenshin, don't leave the dojo! bah annoying.

Millie and Meryl (Trigun)- all they do is continually put themselves in danger right in front of Vash. and every time he saves them, they seem to not get the hint and continue to follow him!

thats all i can think of for now....
edsgirl
I'd have to say yumi from SDK. She really didn't do anything but ask stupid questions after things had already been explained to her.

EDIT: I meant to say yuya!
Full Blade Alchemist
I think Tsume from Wolf's Rain. Kiba- only wolf to Paradise, Hige- works for the Nobles, Toboe- cheers them up ^-^
hitokiri
ok so after watching the episodes for bleach over again i've decided that the following characters are useless:

- the dad, though he is quickly becoming one of my favorite anime characters of all time... i love the kurosaki family domino demoilition idea... laugh.gif

- jinta, that boy at the store. he does abolutely nothing, even in the episode with the menos grande where the others help.

- ganju, i think he's a useless sack of crap there just for the sake of emotions and plot; though he may yet prove me wrong. but personally he annoys me.
Slashrose1010
QUOTE(Gato Gurl914 @ Apr 15 2005, 04:51 PM)
Millie and Meryl (Trigun)- all they do is continually put themselves in danger right in front of Vash.  and every time he saves them, they seem to not get the hint and continue to follow him!

Millie is more useful than Meryl. Millie actually aides Vash sometimes, but Meryl doesn't as much... and what is up with the derangers? Millie's... whatever gun is better tongue.gif Millie is also just cooler and helped Wolfwood when possible. They are a much better couple than VashxMeryl.
Ava_Michelle
I think Yahiko, from Ruouni Kenshin is pretty useless... And Karou As well as Shippo from Inu-Yasha, but I think everyone from that show is useless, especially Kagome, and all the female anime characters like her.

I can't stand characters that whine, cry, or generally make a nusence of themselves... Like every character on Gundum Seed...
MitsukiKouyama
I agree with the people here who've said that Shippo and Wrath are useless. (I don't know how to post the white box thingies for spoilers, so I'll just use this tab thingy-*FMA manga spoiler warning*
In the manga, Fuhrer King Bradley is Wrath, though. The anime made him Pride for some reason. O_o
*end FMA manga spoilers*)

Another one that I don't think anyone's mentioned yet is Azmaria from Chrno Crusade. All she does is whine, get in trouble, and generally do other things that prove that she's weak and pathetic. >_< She's able to heal people with her singing voice since she's one of the apostles, but half the time she can't even do that because she mysteriously keeps losing her powers. O_o I don't think she's as annoying in the manga, though.
And speaking of the apostles, pretty much all of them were useless, since they never really showed up (maybe they're more important in the manga. I've only read the first half of it, though, since that's all that's available in stores right now, and I can't find scanlations X_x). The only exception is Joshua.
Toby-Chan
QUOTE(Fresh_Coffee @ Apr 13 2005, 05:14 AM)
QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ Apr 9 2005, 03:01 PM)
Houji from Rurouni Kenshin.  "The most devoted Juppongatana", my foot.  He does absolutely nothing proactive, except fawn ridiculously over how wonderful Shishio-Sama is, and then go insane and bust up the pipes in his headquarters.

At least the other members of the ten swords actually did something.  Even Yumi was useful enough.  Shishio keeping Houji around makes no sense to me.
[snapback]149464[/snapback]

@_@ I don't even remember Houji was it that girl/boy that like shisho? I don't remember their names.
[snapback]151723[/snapback]

Heck no. That's Kamatari. <33333 Kamatari is so not useless. He/she has madd scythe skills!

Houji is This Guy
Fresh_Coffee
QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ Apr 16 2005, 03:40 PM)

Heck no.  That's Kamatari.  <33333  Kamatari is so not useless.  He/she has madd scythe skills!

Houji is This Guy
[snapback]154160[/snapback]

Oh ya I remember him. He is pretty uselss sleep.gif I haven't seen Rk in awhile but I remember hating that guy's ass he didn't do much.
luciferownsme
Houji is most definitiely useless. He doesn't even have a sword. The characters for the Juppongatana is ten swords...he needs swords or he's not even qualified. He was planning to shoot somebody (until he goes onto the long OMG! SHISHIO ISH SO GREAT I DON'T NEED TO SHOOT KENSHIN WITH A RIFLE!!!! what a twit.)

I also think the whiny girls who insist on following a character despite everything and that are usually there for a lousy love story are useless too.
hitokiri
QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ Apr 16 2005, 07:40 PM)
Heck no.  That's Kamatari.  <33333  Kamatari is so not useless.  He/she has madd scythe skills!
[snapback]154160[/snapback]

come on... kamatari is freakin useless AND pathetic... to be beat by anyone other than kenshin, saitoh, sano, or hiko seijiro automatically makes you useless...
telepika
Useless characters: Any animal-thingy: Puu, Ein, that cat thing in Tsukuyomi, that rabbit things in Tenchi Muyo and in D.N.Angel...

Why are they there anyway?
ALlover1
I HATED Hercule from DBZ, i just couldn't stand watching him,
he's sooooooooo annoying(thinkin' he's all bad dry.gif mad.gif _
hitokiri
QUOTE(ALlover1 @ Apr 21 2005, 10:34 PM)
I HATED Hercule from DBZ, i just couldn't stand watching him,
he's sooooooooo annoying(thinkin' he's all bad dry.gif  mad.gif _
[snapback]158249[/snapback]

again i'm going to have to state this one more time:

YOUR FEELINGS DON'T MATTER HERE!!! PROVE YOUR CASE OR SHUT THE HELL UP!!!!
Water Achemist
Pen from Neon Genisis Evangellion. All he does throughout the series is nothing. He literally does nothing. A couple times he walks across the screen, thrice he eats food, and once he talks(in penguinish) but, it's honestly REALLY stupid. 3
(Oh, in case you haven't seen Neon Genisis Evangellion,Pen is a penguin)
Kihaku
telepika:
Well.. With in D.N.Angel was Dark's wings wink.gif so he wasn't exactly useless... (although that ep about him was booring). Don't know about Towa though (is she an animal?). She didn't really have much purpose later on besides helping in the house....
Mrs. Edward Elric
QUOTE(hitokiri @ Apr 5 2005, 02:58 AM)
ok so i'm flippin through the channels and inuyasha comes on, and for some unknown reason i actually let that crap stay on.... now my question is what the hell is the point of shippo?! he can't do anything. he can't fight, he's not a diplomat, he doesn't have any useful abilities... so why do these losers even keep him around?

that brings me to my point.... there are so many characters in anime that are there simply as a plot device, and sometimes not even that. so who do you think are the most useless characters of all time?

NOTE: JUST BECAUSE YOU HATE THEM DOESN'T MAKE THEM USELESS, YOU HAVE TO PROVE IT!!!!

my useless character list:

- any human dragonball character after the originai DB...come on there's nobody they can even match in power after DB, hell they got masacred by the sabamen and that punk nappa
- ein from bebop...seriously why do they need a dog?! its not even a bloodhoud!!
- the boyking from final fantasy unlimited...like the white swordsman unlimited couldn't just kill him in a second and hunt down kaze by himself.
- WINRY!!!!  oh so you say she's ed mechanic... PINAKO!! ed loves her? PROVE IT!!!
- mihoshi from tenshi muyo... though she is my favorite uselss character of all time, i really don't see the point in her character being in the series
- anyone from sailor moon... any superhero that need five mins to transform is useless.

there are many others... but i don't feel like typing that much right now, so i'll add more later
[snapback]147054[/snapback]

LMAO on your sailor moon comment biggrin.gif
StrawberryShampoo
B-ko, from project A-ko because everyone tries to steal her away, and all she does is cry. A-ko and C-ko have to go save her every single time.
alchemist x
EDWARD ELRIC i am ready for the fan girl attack
Kihaku
QUOTE(alchemist x @ Aug 13 2005, 11:02 AM)
[snapback]250543[/snapback]

Um.. to state this again, because apparently it didn't exactly sink in: There's a difference between not liking / hating a character and if a character is useless.
Ed is the main character of FMA and without doubt pretty vital for the story. There's wouldn't be any FMA without Ed... *sighs*
And anyway it would be nice if you'd explain why you think he's a useless character.
POTOPHREAK
That Yukie in the Naruto Snow Princess Movie. She is selfish, she is proud and JUST SO USELESS!

She's the only one I can think of right now, but I am sure there are some more...
hidden__happiness
Kagome.
Although she is one of the main characters, she doesn't seem really... helpful....
Satsuka
Here are my list:

Kagome-she's sooo annoying!
Rose/Noah-I HATE THEM SO MUCH!
MIAKA-SHE IS SO STUPID AND ANNOYING! I HATE HER!!!!!!
edsbaby
QUOTE(hitokiri @ Apr 5 2005, 07:54 PM)
QUOTE(Blade Alchemist @ Apr 5 2005, 09:42 PM)
I think the most useless is Toki from the Samuria X movie (the one that takes place after the Rurouni Kenshin t.v. series). All she did was cry dry.gif
[snapback]147505[/snapback]

toki? who? do you mean tomoe? and aren't the samurai x movies set in the bakumatsu period, thus making it BEFORE the series?
[snapback]147514[/snapback]

umm.... i love ed rolleyes.gif wink.gif smile.gif
and none of you can have him..... dry.gif biggrin.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif
Satsuka
QUOTE(alchemist x @ Aug 13 2005, 10:02 AM)
[snapback]250543[/snapback]

If it wasn't for Edward,then there would never be an anime called Fullmetal Alchemist.
Aleclom
Kondo from the Flame of Recca anime. Absolutely NO point in having him there. He's supposed to be comedy relief, but we have enough comedy with all of the Hokage quarelling all the time. In fact, bringing Ganko along for the tournament was useless, too. Good thing they were both not in the manga.
Riza-Hawkeye
Okay now I see that this is plainly just another disscussion in which people go crazy and just explode... dry.gif Stupid thing to talk about. Characters you hate...
Now I will say why it is stupid:

1-Every character, no matter how annoying has they're own purpose or role in a story.
and
2-I'm prettty sure people don't want to hear about everyone pathetic whining! mad.gif What are ya?! Babies!? huh.gif
Karo
I don'tg think Shippo is very useless
Kakashi
Naruto
Sasuke
Sakura
Keos
mr. satan from DBZ: videl is cool, but to think someone would have had to have sex with mr. satan to produce videl is ick.

laugh.gif That may be, but he is one wanted piece of man-meat in the DBZ world biggrin.gif

Useless characters to me:

Yugioh - Most of Yugi's posse, which means:

Tristan/Honda (guy with pointy hair) - totally useless "friend" who does nothing but tag along for the entire series, like a male cheerleader and an annoying one at that. He was better as a monkey.

Tea/Anzu - Also useless as she was mostly a cheerleader. God she annoys me with her cries for yugi.

Joey Wheeler/Jounouchi - Though he was a main character, was an extra wheel in the series with no more purpose in story than as a fellow card-player for Yugi instead of the cheerleading (actually he was also cheerleading, though he did more playing cards). The only important thing he did that I remember was saving trying to save Yugi's cards...

Now that I'm done with that... I think I can say most people from Yugioh were useless given that the anime was about playing cards. Oh, with the exception of Yugi/Yami, Kaiba and a few bad guys.
Scar-San
Sakura!!! She doesnt know anything but Sasuke. Very Useless character!!!!
Cloud28
Shin from Gundam Seed Destiny..grr i hate him
Satsuka
Every one from Yu-Gi-Oh are annoying! (that's the reason why I hate Yu-Gi-Oh)
Zhalfirin
QUOTE(Cloud28 @ Aug 18 2005, 10:51 AM)
Shin from Gundam Seed Destiny..grr i hate him
[snapback]255071[/snapback]

As much as I hate him to, he is the main character.
Kihaku
QUOTE(Keos @ Aug 18 2005, 02:26 AM)
Joey Wheeler/Jounouchi - Though he was a main character, was an extra wheel in the series with no more purpose in story than as a fellow card-player for Yugi instead of the cheerleading (actually he was also cheerleading, though he did more playing cards).  The only important thing he did that I remember was saving trying to save Yugi's cards...

[snapback]255009[/snapback]

I disagree. Jounouchi had a very important purpose in the story. He is there right from the beginning to prove the great bond he and Yugi have (other than Yami and Yugi do). Friendship is quite an important theme in the series and those two are one of the main focus of it. Also he shows how far a "normal guy" can go without being an expert right from the beginning and how he gradually improves throughout the series.
Carnal Malefactor
I've thought of another: Megumi from RahXephon.
Kyros
how about everybody other than goku in dbz? I didn't care for goku but he might as well been the only one that fought >.>
NightMistress
I'm finding Sakura from Naruto to be pretty useless. At least she sees this herself though. Maybe it will lead to changes.
Kyros
!!! I love sakura <3 smile.gif I also heard that in the new episodes in Japan she is going to be insanely awesome smile.gif
gseed
Yeah in the newer manga chapters shes a lot better then before. But i HATE her before the newer episodes and manga chapters. And how could you hate Shinn? He was pretty cool. And he was one of the main characters!
Kihaku
QUOTE(Kyros @ Oct 12 2005, 11:57 PM) [snapback]299507[/snapback]

how about everybody other than goku in dbz? I didn't care for goku but he might as well been the only one that fought >.>

Definitely not. While DBGT is mainly about Goku(which is one reason why it irritates me) DBZ is mainly about teamwork. The earth and Goku would have been in trouble without the others... Goku would not have survived alone against Vegeta (and the others did delay the fight quite a bit), the others proved to be quite a help before his fight against Freeza, the filler Garlic JR eps didn't even feature Goku, during the Cell saga he wasn't even the strongest fighter at any point, (and would have died of his illness if Trunks hadn't brought the antidote) but serves more as a support... The Buu saga does focus mainly on all the saiyans, but still not exclusively on Goku..
Although in DBZ there are many characters who lose their significance... I think it's kind of sad, even thought they get to "hang around" a little... still never in a "useless" way. They're rather supporting characters than forced into a bigger part just for the sake of keeping them around.

TheVileOne
Most useless? Pretty much everyone in Inuyasha.
CHOO
It Has to be Fuu from Samurai Champloo
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.