Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Most Useless Characters of All Time
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Anime
Pages: 1, 2, 3
gseed
QUOTE(TheVileOne @ Oct 17 2005, 12:40 AM) [snapback]300779[/snapback]

Most useless? Pretty much everyone in Inuyasha.

YES!!!! So true! (I hate Inuyasha, in general)
CHOO
Rin from Inuyasha
kokoro_shadow_angel
i'll give ya useless...i seriously hate categorizing fury and denny brosh as useless though ><

1) Molly (Sailor Moon) - okay...so she was needed for the whole nefurite thing...but after that, there really wasn't any point in keeping her...

2) Melvin (Sailor Moon) - his only purpose is to be Molly's boyfriend after the whol nefurite thing...

3) that one dude Ling travels with (Fullmetal Alchemist)...we never hear from him, its always just Ling and Ran Fan...what's with that third dude?

4) Fury (Fullmetal Alchemist) - Didn't really see the point of his presence in the anime other than to provide comic relief...even though breda, falman, and havoc were just part of roy's posse, they were in a whole lot more useful scenes that kept the plot going (someone please prove me wrong)...i like fury though

5) Denny Brosh (Fullmetal Alchemist) - i like this character...but in all honesty, maria was way more important than him...she was the one who properly disciplined ed after the lab 5 fiasco...he just kinda stood there....and as for the manga...all he does is get depressed after after something terrible happens to maria...and we only know he's depressed because armstrong tells maria so...i reallie don't see the point of him...although he and maria do make a cute couple

6) Togepi (Pokemon) - first of all, he was supposed to belong to Ash...Misty just shoved him out of the way...and he's nothing but a cute egg Misty can carry around to "balance out" ash's pikachu

7) Psyduck (Pokemon) - idk if he gets mose useful when he evolves into golduck, but man he was pointless just randomly popping out of Misty pokeballs like that....

8) Meiling (Cardcaptor Sakura) - just provided some temporary conflict between herself and Sakura coz she was jealous about Syaoran...she got over it eventually and became utterly useless
Tombow
QUOTE(CHOO @ Oct 18 2005, 08:04 PM) [snapback]301448[/snapback]

Rin from Inuyasha

But, Rin was the catalyst for Sessyomaru's change in his attitudes towards humans. happy.gif
(Not that I care about Inuyasha characters that much. tongue.gif)

And, Kain Fury is the techie guy of Fma, and just for being good at thech stuff, I like him!! laugh.gif

I agree that Sakura in the early episodes of Naruto are pretty useless. sleep.gif
DustStorm
QUOTE(CHOO @ Oct 17 2005, 05:14 PM) [snapback]300993[/snapback]
It Has to be Fuu from Samurai Champloo
Kyros
Hmm...Fuu...I guess all you can say about her is "Thanks for making there be a plot." I mean seriously, Jin and Mugen woulda just killed each other and there wouldn't be a story. Plus, it's her desire to find that samurai (I've only seen the stuff on tv, but does anyone else think it's her dad?) that leads them through all the stuff.
Tombow
^^ LOL, I agree. XD
Fuu is like a glue that keep three of them together. laugh.gif
Toby-Chan
Huh. Fuu is probably the main reason I ever took interest in Samurai Champloo in the first place. The plot is rather pointless to begin with, and she's quite resourceful when need be... she does get them out of sticky situations.
animefangirl
QUOTE(Kyros @ Dec 1 2005, 09:52 AM) [snapback]322520[/snapback]

Hmm...Fuu...I guess all you can say about her is "Thanks for making there be a plot." I mean seriously, Jin and Mugen woulda just killed each other and there wouldn't be a story. Plus, it's her desire to find that samurai (I've only seen the stuff on tv, but does anyone else think it's her dad?) that leads them through all the stuff.

i do !
Tombow
^^ Yes, I do, too. And, BTW, we know Fuu can roll the dice for "cho-han" betting game. That was cool!! happy.gif
MeLRizA
wrath of FMA, useless and annoying...
sailormoon characters are also as irritating... miaka is fushigi yuugi too... mad.gif
Chibka
Most useless character? Shippou of Inuyasha.

Don't get me wrong, the little guy is adorable. But to be truthful, he serves no important purpose.

Then again, that's just my thoughts.
Kitty Alchemist
I agree, Shippo is useless but adorable. It would be nice if he knows more fox magics that can help inuyasha and the other out.
Cutie Ed Lovr
Most useless character?

I would say Shippo he doesn't really do much I mean besides his fox fire but thats about it...well not really but you get what I mean
Popogeejo
Mikuru-chan from the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya was pretty useless. She has some better plots in the books.
Funderful
Anyone from Sailor Moon, everyone from Zatch Bell.

I don't agree with Winry haters; I'm not fond of Winry, but she's not that whiny in the manga, and Ed most likely couldn't get by without her.
By means of automail, and other things.
Most likely more in the manga then in the anime. >>
Yay for volume 12!

Plus, as annoying as Shippou is (I think all the Inuyasha characters are annoying, though) he can use trickery and fox magic.

Runs From Winry Haters And Inuyasha Fangirls Like A Mad Edwin Fan. Zip!
IamSloth
I think at this point of the anime, Kanda from D. Gray Man is actually pretty useless. I love him anyway, but as of now he's really only there to be a jerk to every one. But i'm predicting that he'll have a HUGE part by the end so, *crosses fingers*
The Fullmetal Wad
QUOTE(Ava_Michelle @ Apr 16 2005, 08:27 AM) *
I think Yahiko, from Ruouni Kenshin is pretty useless... And Karou As well as Shippo from Inu-Yasha, but I think everyone from that show is useless, especially Kagome, and all the female anime characters like her.

I can't stand characters that whine, cry, or generally make a nusence of themselves... Like every character on Gundum Seed...

Yahiko is awesome!
hes very useful!

read issue 25 or Ruro Ken, not sure what episode number it is.. (or even if its in the anime - (havn't seen full series)).

But *starts Rurouni Kenshin spoiler*.... When he fights that massive dude with a grenade launcher for an arm (forgot the name), its very inspirational. hes the ONLY one left, and he takes it on, one on one. hes basically the sole purpose that dude didn't get into the town and destroy it... also in one of the Samurai X movies (forgot which), he plays a preety important rule.... *end Ruro Ken spoiler*

smile.gif
Tombow
@The Fullmetal Dick-wad - I went ahead and added the Spoiler tags on your post. ^^

To cover part of your post with Spoiler:
Type in Spoiler codes around the part you want to cover with Spoiler black band, like this...
CODE
[spoiler]content[/spoiler]

When this gets posted, it looks like this: content (highlight to view the content.)

Comes in handy sometime. biggrin.gif
Precis
From what I've seen of Naruto...
Sakura is pretty darn useless. I mean, what does she actually do, other than fangirl over Sasuke?

Also, about Shippo... he seems kinda useless at first, but he does have his moments. Like when Kagome is kidnapped by Koga, and he uses the trail of mushrooms to help InuYasha find them :3 And he has his Foxfire powers too, even though they're not as strong as Miroku's Wind Tunnel or Sango's Boomerang Bone or anything.

So, Shippo's not really as useless as he looks...
Myoga, on the other hand... Well, he's smart, I'll give him that, but when it comes to battle... XD
The Fullmetal Wad
QUOTE(Tombow @ Jul 21 2007, 01:17 AM) *
@The Fullmetal Dick-wad - I went ahead and added the Spoiler tags on your post. ^^

To cover part of your post with Spoiler:
Type in Spoiler codes around the part you want to cover with Spoiler black band, like this...
CODE
[spoiler]content[/spoiler]

When this gets posted, it looks like this: content (highlight to view the content.)

Comes in handy sometime. biggrin.gif

Oh.
i'll remember that.

Thanks alot. smile.gif
Triss Hawkeye
QUOTE(Precis @ Jul 21 2007, 11:07 AM) *
From what I've seen of Naruto...
Sakura is pretty darn useless. I mean, what does she actually do, other than fangirl over Sasuke?

Well, I think the 'uselessness' is kinda the whole point for the first part of the anime at least. Sakura knows that she is the weakest of the three and suffers from a lowered self-esteem because of it. But eventually she overcomes that and comes to her own, especially now in Shippuuden.

In fact, I can't think of any useless Naruto characters off the top of my head. The whole plot is character-based, and every character plays an important part at some point or another...

Off topic, I know, but I only just noticed I can post without having to use fast reply! Thank goodness for the new forums, even if they did temporarily mess up the spoiler tags...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.