Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gaiden: Broken Angel (Came With Vol. 8)
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Manga
Senefen
Translation by Umeko on page 1.

Was randomly looking around for the "Roy assesment" missed gaiden and Lo and behild there are more of them.

Main site: http://yoh.huming.com/comic/home/type.asp?typeid=4
Number 1: http://yoh.huming.com/comic/home/display.asp?id=4&page=1
Number 2: http://yoh.huming.com/comic/home/display.a...d=26&page=1

Anyway, I have no idea what theyre about or even if thats all the pages but does someone who can read it want to tell us ^^? My pathetic 3 years of chinese does not help at all biggrin.gif.
That is the introductory chapter drawn by Arakawa for the PS2 game(Square Enix told her to do it). Like the story books and games for FMA, it takes place in a parallel universe, that means it doesn't take place in the manga story.
AA battery
oh that one... yea. (well, it's not loading for me but I have seen it elsewhere before) it's kinda pointless to translat that since it's not funny and is not related to manga FMA whatsoever ^^;
Defade
I can translate it if you want to. But maybe it will take a long time 'cause I still have homeworks and stuff.
It's not really a Gaiden.. the "Number 1" and "Number 2" links you posted.
They're a special comic preview Arakawa made for the FMA game on playstation.

I'll translate it anyway.
"Number 1"
Top frame: Chase after him, faster!
2 frames on middle left: *panting*
Frame on middle right: He ran inside the side alleys! Split up and give chase!
Bottom right: [Thought] If I've reached here, then...

"Number 2"
Top frame, speech bubble on right: Stop doing that!
Top frame, speech bubble on left: You can't continue using the secret ways of <character name that I can't translate, sorry>
Upper middle frame, speech bubble on right: Let go! Don't disturb me!
Upper middle frame, speech bubble on left: I said no!
Lower middle frame, speech bubble on extreme right: It's finally solved! The reason for the destruction of <character/place/location name? that I can't translate>
Lower middle frame, speech bubble at middle: If you continue like this, you'll follow in the footsteps of <another character name> (Not very sure with this bubble, but I think I got it correct)
Lower middle frame, speech bubble at extreme left: Argh...
Bottom frame: What kind of a joke is this!

Sorry about the character and location names. I'm rather weak at translating Western-sounding names from it's Mandarin form.
Kyo_Umerio
QUOTE(Guest @ Apr 5 2005, 12:02 PM)
It's not really a Gaiden.. the "Number 1" and "Number 2" links you posted.
They're a special comic preview Arakawa made for the FMA game on playstation.

I'll translate it anyway.
"Number 1"
Top frame: Chase after him, faster!
2 frames on middle left: *panting*
Frame on middle right: He ran inside the side alleys! Split up and give chase!
Bottom right: [Thought] If I've reached here, then...

"Number 2"
Top frame, speech bubble on right: Stop doing that!
Top frame, speech bubble on left: You can't continue using the secret ways of <character name that I can't translate, sorry>
Upper middle frame, speech bubble on right: Let go! Don't disturb me!
Upper middle frame, speech bubble on left: I said no!
Lower middle frame, speech bubble on extreme right: It's finally solved! The reason for the destruction of <character/place/location name? that I can't translate>
Lower middle frame, speech bubble at middle: If you continue like this, you'll follow in the footsteps of <another character name> (Not very sure with this bubble, but I think I got it correct)
Lower middle frame, speech bubble at extreme left: Argh...
Bottom frame: What kind of a joke is this!

Sorry about the character and location names. I'm rather weak at translating Western-sounding names from it's Mandarin form.
[snapback]147160[/snapback]

the First one is for Broken Angel and then second one is for the 2nd FMA game for PS2. and also to the above Guest. their are more then one page to each one of those happy.gif;;;;;
AA battery
hmm, I see a Gaiden on that website, about why Winry got her pierces (aww, Winry is so cute there~ <--- dang, that made me sound like a perv, didn't it?) and why Hawkeye let her hair grew long... if no one find the translation of that/no one translates it before my finals, I will translate it after my finals smile.gif

(however, I do find translating the Playstation game comics pretty pointless... maybe I will just make a summary later on)
Kyo_Umerio
QUOTE(armor-alchemist @ Apr 6 2005, 02:59 AM)
hmm, I see a Gaiden on that website, about why Winry got her pierces (aww, Winry is so cute there~ <--- dang, that made me sound like a perv, didn't it?) and why Hawkeye let her hair grew long... if no one find the translation of that/no one translates it before my finals, I will translate it after my finals smile.gif

(however, I do find translating the Playstation game comics pretty pointless... maybe I will just make a summary later on)
[snapback]147652[/snapback]

i already have that Gaiden Translated, the one with the Piercings and Riza's hair, feel free to translate the PS2 ones, but please tell me when you do cause i would like to read them happy.gif
armor-alchemist here: if you got them translated already, post them! o_O; (not that i need them but I am sure other people would like to read... Ed's face ownz xDDD)
Kyo_Umerio
*blinks* wel i suppose i could if anyone needs them... but i too am missing a gaiden. i am missing the Blind alchemist one.. i think its called Judes something its the 4th one i believe. i have 1-3 and 5: 1 - Fullmetal Vs. Flame, 2 - Black Hayate, 3 - Havoc meets Armstrong's Sister, and 5 - Winry's Earrings
mommaG
The Blind Alchemist gaiden is on the msn groups fullmetal alchemist site, as well as Fullmetal vs Flame and Black Hayate. The latter two trnaslated with their volumes, but blind gaiden is listed with the chapters translated seperately.
Kyo_Umerio
yes but people seem to miss the fact that all but 44 and 45 have been resized and made smaller...
Umeko
Translated the first one (from Japanese)... And though I'm fairly confident in the accuracy of this translation, keep in mind that there's a reason why I'm the editor for ZOMGFTA. XD;;

Also, I haven't played this game, so I don't know if I've romanized the names and stuff correctly. :3;; Sorry~!

Page 1
Soldier: Chase him, chase him!!

Soldier: He went into the alley!!
Soldier: Let's split up!!

Soldier: *pant, pant, wheeze, pant*

Soldier: *pant, pant... gasp*

Soldier: If I made it this far... *pant, pant*

Soldier: !!?

Page 2
Soldier: Gah... hah!?

Gantz: Fuuu...

Gantz: I finally caught you...!!

Soldier: !! Co... Colonel Gantz!?

~scene change~

Armony: Papa, I'm home~

Page 3
Wilhelm: Where did you go off to on such a rainy day?
Armony: Um, well...

Wilhelm: Don't tell me you went behind my back to go somewhere and learn alchemy again.

Armony: *pout*

Armony: Hey, Papa! Why am I not allowed to do alchemy!?
Wilhelm: No means no! You're not cut out for it!

Armony: There's no way I'll know if I don't try and see! Papa built this city upon alchemy, right?! It's because I'm the daughter of that Papa!!

Page 4
Wilhelm: .......

Kamilla: Professor Wilhelm. Brigadier General Nemuda has arrived.

Wilhelm: Understood. Armony, this conversation ends here. Please return to your room.
Armony: Papa!

Armony: Papa!!

Page 5
Roy: Brigadier General Nemuda did?
Riza: Yes. There's a chance that he was involved in the case of the city that was destoryed by attacking chimeras.

Roy: I want you to infiltrate and investigate this. It's a dangerous job, but will you take it?

Riza: Understood. Where shall I go?

Roy: Hm. You shall go to "The city independently governed by alchemists..."

Page 6
Soldier: Colonel Gantz, please believe me!!

Soldier: I don't know anything and I'm not doing anything!!

Gantz: Yeah, I'll believe you. You're not the kind of guy who can commit treason, I'm very understanding.
Soldier: Colonel...

Page 7 (This is all Gantz talking, so I didn't bother to separate by panels)
Gantz: There's a town that the Military has also held its hand out to. You'll hide there for a little while. In that time, you will show me proof of your innocence. Go there tomorrow morning. There are some friends heading there on a train.

Page 8
Soldier: Where is this? Neu...e?

Gantz: "The city independently governed by alchemists." Neue Hiessgard!!

I'd translate the second one also, but I'm not sure where I can find it. :/ I'll have to go looking through my books~.
Kyo_Umerio
Thanks a TON for translation Umeko happy.gif you are the best *hugs tight*
Umeko
Heh, no problem. ^^;; And if you don't put up "Simple People" (the gaiden about Winry's earrings) before long, I may just translate that, too - I've always wanted to try translating that one. :O
Kyo_Umerio
i'm sorry happy.gif;;; i really have no where to host it... so if you want to feel free and if you can do so please translate the 2nd game gaiden
Umeko
QUOTE(Kyo_Umerio @ Apr 7 2005, 11:32 PM)
i'm sorry ^_^;;; i really have no where to host it... so if you want to feel free and if you can do so please translate the 2nd game gaiden
[snapback]148654[/snapback]

You are obviously aware that you sent it to me last night, so I'll upload it today when I get home. XD

And if someone can find the second game gaiden in Japanese, then I'll try to translate it...? :D;;
Kyo_Umerio
QUOTE(Umeko @ Apr 8 2005, 06:32 AM)
QUOTE(Kyo_Umerio @ Apr 7 2005, 11:32 PM)
i'm sorry happy.gif;;; i really have no where to host it... so if you want to feel free and if you can do so please translate the 2nd game gaiden
[snapback]148654[/snapback]

You are obviously aware that you sent it to me last night, so I'll upload it today when I get home. XD

And if someone can find the second game gaiden in Japanese, then I'll try to translate it...? biggrin.gif;;
[snapback]148736[/snapback]

Umeko.... you only love me for my Manga ~_~.... XD! j/k any clue as to WHERE we can find it in Japanese?
Senefen
Umeko how can you use Umerio-kun like that!
You're so cruel ;_;. j/k

Uh... Japan? *successfuly hides the fact she has no idea ^^v*
hakai-kun
If anyone can get me the gaiden with havoc meeting armstrong's sister, that'd be great! I'm missing it... blink.gif laugh.gif
MasterKris
Heh, no problem. ^^;; And if you don't put up "Simple People" (the gaiden about Winry's earrings) before long, I may just translate that, too - I've always wanted to try translating that one. ohmy.gif

Can you pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I just really want to read it, I luv gaidens and that gaiden is the only one I never read before. If you can't translate it or don't have enough time, PLEASE! CAN SOMEONE GIVE ME THE LINK TO THAT GAIDEN INSTEAD??!!!!!!!!!!
Umeko
QUOTE(MasterKris @ Apr 16 2005, 05:31 PM)
Heh, no problem. ^^;; And if you don't put up "Simple People" (the gaiden about Winry's earrings) before long, I may just translate that, too - I've always wanted to try translating that one. :o

Can you pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I just really want to read it, I luv gaidens and that gaiden is the only one I never read before. If you can't translate it or don't have enough time, PLEASE! CAN SOMEONE GIVE ME THE LINK TO THAT GAIDEN INSTEAD??!!!!!!!!!!
[snapback]154075[/snapback]

Erk, not too keen on killing my bandwidth more dead than it already is, but here. Not my translation though, I'm not taking credit for it. :D;;
MasterKris
THANKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK YOUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! laugh.gif

THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOO MUCH FOR THE GAIDENS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! laugh.gif
biggrin.gif wub.gif happy.gif
mommaG
Many Many Thanks!!! Is there more information about the original publication of "simple people"? Where did it first appear?

And, does anyone have a link to "Havoc meets Armstrong's Sister"??

Many thanks again!!!

MommaG
Senefen
*nod nod* I have it. But I cant put it up anywhere for another week ;_; stupid 56k.

Oh and are you guys going to translate the omakes? Attached is the only one I have but I know there are lots of others.
Kyo_Umerio
QUOTE(Senefen @ Apr 18 2005, 07:59 PM)
*nod nod* I have it. But I cant put it up anywhere for another week ;_; stupid 56k.

Oh and are you guys going to translate the omakes? Attached is the only one I have but I know there are lots of others.
[snapback]155738[/snapback]

That Omake is soo cute happy.gif;; lol i love Hayate.

mommaG - PM me and i will sned it to you.
hakai-kun
I have all the gaidens, translated in english. but... i wouldn't know how to send it to anyone... sorry... if someone can tell me, i can try..

Arakawa-sensei loves drawing the omakes! Her omakes are soo funny! I have the Japanese tankouban 6, but that's it...
Does anyone have those hagaren novels? like the "fake elric brothers" and stuff...? unsure.gif
Kyo_Umerio
QUOTE(hakai-kun @ Apr 19 2005, 03:28 AM)
I have all the gaidens, translated in english. but... i wouldn't know how to send it to anyone... sorry... if someone can tell me, i can try..

Arakawa-sensei loves drawing the omakes! Her omakes are soo funny! I have the Japanese tankouban 6, but that's it...
Does anyone have those hagaren novels? like the "fake elric brothers" and stuff...? unsure.gif
[snapback]155984[/snapback]

o.O;; what novels with the fake elric brothers?
MasterKris
The Omake is cute! tongue.gif
THANK YOU AGAIN FOR THE GAIDEN!!!!!!!!!!! biggrin.gif
Umeko
QUOTE(mommaG @ Apr 18 2005, 07:14 PM)
Many Many Thanks!!!  Is there more information about the original publication of "simple people"? Where did it first appear?
[snapback]155635[/snapback]

"Simple People" was in Book In Figure RED! :DDD Look, I took a picture of the box because I'm a dork. :B

EDIT: Also, I translated that omake that Senefen put up.

IPB Image

I forgot to translate the title, but it says "Love Story on the Toilet"... I think. :/

I might do more later, but I'd have to scan them myself (unless people have raws they can give me? :O).
mommaG
Oh! It Looks Like it came with a lovely Ed and Al Figure!
Thank you!
MommaG
Umeko
QUOTE(mommaG @ Apr 19 2005, 07:21 PM)
Oh!  It Looks Like it came with a lovely Ed and Al Figure!
Thank you!
MommaG
[snapback]156476[/snapback]

It did~ *o* I love it so much~~~
Kyo_Umerio
QUOTE(Umeko @ Apr 19 2005, 03:16 PM)
QUOTE(mommaG @ Apr 18 2005, 07:14 PM)
Many Many Thanks!!!  Is there more information about the original publication of "simple people"? Where did it first appear?
[snapback]155635[/snapback]

"Simple People" was in Book In Figure RED! :DDD Look, I took a picture of the box because I'm a dork. :B

EDIT: Also, I translated that omake that Senefen put up.

IPB Image

I forgot to translate the title, but it says "Love Story on the Toilet"... I think. :/

I might do more later, but I'd have to scan them myself (unless people have raws they can give me? ohmy.gif).
[snapback]156361[/snapback]

When does Book in Figure BLUE come out? *wants it despratly*
Umeko
QUOTE(Kyo_Umerio @ Apr 19 2005, 11:03 PM)
When does Book in Figure BLUE come out? *wants it despratly*
[snapback]156773[/snapback]

July. I have it preordered~~~ :D
Chibi Viki
WAH! where did you pre-order it? me wanna wanna! the next figurine is roy, riza and buraha!
Umeko
QUOTE(Chibi Viki @ Apr 20 2005, 10:34 AM)
WAH! where did you pre-order it? me wanna wanna! the next figurine is roy, riza and buraha!
[snapback]156937[/snapback]

I preordered it at Amazon.co.jp. There are probably other places to preorder it, too.
Kyo_Umerio
QUOTE(Umeko @ Apr 20 2005, 08:55 AM)
QUOTE(Chibi Viki @ Apr 20 2005, 10:34 AM)
[snapback]156937[/snapback]

I preordered it at Amazon.co.jp. There are probably other places to preorder it, too.
[snapback]156958[/snapback]

*sighs* ok atleast i ahve time to save up money before they come out... Umeko you are the best happy.gif
QUOTE(Umeko @ Apr 17 2005, 01:54 PM)
Erk, not too keen on  killing my bandwidth more dead than it already is, but here.  Not my translation though, I'm not taking credit for it. biggrin.gif;;

Okay, what is in this Gaiden? As you said, it is down?
MasterKris
It's about Winry and her earings, very funny.
Umeko
QUOTE(Guest @ Apr 23 2005, 02:07 AM)
QUOTE(Umeko @ Apr 17 2005, 01:54 PM)
Erk, not too keen on  killing my bandwidth more dead than it already is, but here.  Not my translation though, I'm not taking credit for it. :D;;

Okay, what is in this Gaiden? As you said, it is down?
[snapback]159045[/snapback]

As MasterKris said, it is about Winry's earrings. And yes, you guys all raped my bandwidth BAD. XD;;
What is the 4th Gaiden about?
Kyo_Umerio
QUOTE(Guest @ Apr 25 2005, 11:18 PM)
What is the 4th Gaiden about?
[snapback]160992[/snapback]

the 4th is about a Blind Alchemist that Ed and Al Meet... its rather.... disturbing...
MasterKris
Very very disturbing.....
This kinda concludes that the anime is is different from the manga in the Homonculus making way.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.