Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bleach
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Manga > Let's discuss your fav manga series here!
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
DeMented33
It's about a 15 year old highschool student named Ichigo who absorbs powers from a shinigami.
<3 Ichigo
Anyone else love this manga??

(Source: wiki Bleach manga)
Published by Shueisha
English publisher Australia, New Zealand: Viz Media
Original run August 2001 ongoing
Volumes 47

Bleach is a Japanese manga series written and illustrated by Noriaki "Tite" Kubo. Bleach follows the adventures of Ichigo Kurosaki after he obtains the powers of a Soul Reaper (死神) - a death personification similar to the Grim Reaper - from Rukia Kuchiki. His newfound powers force him to take on the duties of defending humans from evil spirits and guiding departed souls to the afterlife.

Bleach has been serialized in the Japanese manga anthology Weekly Shōnen Jump since August 2001, and has been collected into 46 tankōbon volumes as of August 2010.

Viz Media obtained foreign television and home video distribution rights to the Bleach anime on March 15, 2006. Cartoon Network began airing Bleach in the United States as part of its Adult Swim block on September 9, 2006. Viz Media has licensed the manga for English-language publication in the United States and Canada, and has released 32 bound volumes as of September 2010 as well as published chapters of Bleach in its Shonen Jump magazine since November 2007.

Volumes of the manga have sold over 61 million copies in Japan, and have reached the top of manga sales in the United States. The series received the Shogakukan Manga Award for the shōnen demographic in 2005, and is among the best-selling manga properties in both Japan and the United States.

(Source: MangaFox)

Years of Released: 2001
Author: Kubo Tite
Artist: Kubo Tite
Genre: Action, Adventure, Comedy, Fantasy, Psychological, School Life, Shounen, Supernatural

Summary
Ichigo Kurosaki has always been able to see ghosts, but this ability doesn't change his life nearly as much as his close encounter with Rukia Kuchiki, a Shinigami and member of the mysterious Soul Society.

While fighting a Hollow, an evil spirit that preys on humans who display psychic energy, Rukia attempts to lend Ichigo some of her powers so that he can save his family; but much to her surprise, Ichigo absorbs every last drop of her energy.

Now a full-fledged Shinigami himself, Ichigo quickly learns that the world he inhabits is one full of dangerous spirits and, along with Rukia, it's Ichigo's job to protect the innocent from Hollows and help the spirits themselves find peace.

In 2005, Bleach was awarded the Shogakukan Manga Award in the shōnen category.

TrueAlchemist
It is good manga.
I love it.
Naruto's fame is going down, and Bleach is getting more popularity along with FMA.
steelphoenix
I have the first 7 pages of the first chapter, and no more! Frustrating. I've been trying to find a site that lets you leech Bleach, but I can't find any!!

Any recommendations?

BTW, I'm on campus, so I can't get P2P stuff (dammit... I hate Uni sometimes...). Direct Downloads would be wonderful.
ScaR
I've started reading it... haven't read so much.... But it sounds interesting
Noriko
Bleach is the best! XD The juicy stuff happens around volume 7 XD There are more characters XD Super hot xDD
RolfKaese
The "Cat Girl" rockz. laugh.gif
motoh
All hail Kon, the true hero of the story.

>.>
AoiSora
It is cool manga. I can't wait for the anime to come out too. It will be something to watch after hagaren is over. My favorites are Hitsugaya and Hinomori! I hope they get a lot of screen time! laugh.gif to bad right now the story is back on Ichigo and Co. Darn them Main Characters! Go back to the side characters!
BFmember
Hey, www.Bleach7.com and www.BleachForums.com has a ton of info and media for Bleach, including volumes 1-5 and part of 6 of the manga for direct download. smile.gif They also have a list to tons of other fan sites, check it out if you want. I'm just suggesting places to download the greatest manga ever.
Lust
Just bought the first manga tonight! Havent read any of it though.
Quistis88
Oh, wow, certainly sounds interesting. Can this manga be viewed anywhere online?
Gashole
It's been licensed. I don't know if they have it in Canada.

This highly reminds me of Yuu Yuu Hakusho. blink.gif
AoiSora
even though it has been lisensed you can still find it online. Like Naruto. When they don't go fast enough for the fans, the fans will find a way....
Beowulf
137 chapters subbed so far. (I'm allowed to say that right?) The manga is pwnage...xD. So far it's 17 volumes, and 16 volumes have been subbed, I think so anyway. 'Cept you probably won't find it online.
AoiSora
with chapter 137 it seems to be in the middle of book 16. Chapter 153 raw is out. with the books it self, book 14 just came out in Japan. So yeah, the actually books are pretty behind, Translated books are so far behind it isn't funny and the scanlations are not so far behind.
xrninja
i have up to volume 7, chapter 61 in scanlations but there's nothing after that on bleach7 =( i checked bleachworld but they're down right now for some reason. *pulls out hair*
hakai-kun
Yeah, I just started watching the series [because hagaren ended dry.gif ] and I loved it! So I went looking for the manga online. I was able to download up to volume 7. Does anyone know where I can find anything after that? Preferably in English. Because my brother can't read Japanese. XD
ichi
You can download them on mirc.
There they have it till chapter 143.
The group who do this is "mangarain".
Chibi Viki
ahehehe, after seeing the anime, i couldn't help but take a peek at the manga... crap, now i'm hooked! XD

anyway, so far, only chapter 1-61 (vol. 1-7) and few stray chapters like chap 135 and 153) are available for download via http, the rest (chapters 62-153) are available to download via irc only (from manga rain).
dammit, i don't know how to download via irc... nor will my connection be fast enough to downlaod all those chapters. crap...
ichi
already have all chapters till 143 tongue.gif
it's really addicting
hakai-kun
[feels like a f00 for asking...] what's 'irc' anyway? I've heard it alot. sorry. I'm such a n00b. tongue.gif
Chibi Viki
irc -- internet relay chat
Thievesvinegar
and if you dont have irc you're screwed right?
Crowley16
there's instructions on bleach7.com on how to download stuff via mirc
Haroken
chapter 150 sumtin for me. Its good stuff.
xrninja
yay for nice friends with irc and cd burners! i've been unzipping files all day and i've read from 62 up to 129 now. on my cool list are ichigo-tachi, especially uryuu, zaraki, hitsugaya, ukitake, hanatarou, flowery captain and his hawkeye-ish vice captain, and byakuka. on the boo list are gin, the creepy mad scientist captain (somethingsomething mayuri), all the creepy minions, and byakuya. byakuya's so special he's on both lists.

so, does anyone else think zangetsu looks like aragorn?
hakai-kun
thanks. debating about wether to sign up at bleach7 or not... XD I dunno. maybe later.. dry.gif

anyone wanna be nice and send me stuff? laugh.gif haha
xrninja
hahah if you wanted me to i could burn you CDs of it and mail it, if you're that desperate wink.gif
Chibi Viki
haha, that hawkeye-ish vice captain... is nana-chan, right? yeah, she did remind me of hawkeye. too bad her captain looks like her dad or uncle >_<

i also like Kaien-dono

Spoiler: (Click here to Display)
Quistis88
I don't think I've read beyond volume (see spoiler) of Bleach.

Where can I find/download more scanlations? sad.gif
Queen of the dammed
What book ARE you up to Chibi Viki? I'm only up to book 14....TTToTTT... ICHIGO!!!!!! YOU MUST SAVE RUIKO!!!!!!!!!
hakai-kun
haha. Thanks for the support xrninja. I'm desperate, but not that desperate laugh.gif If I wait long enough someone'll get it torrentable, right? unsure.gif tongue.gif
Frostrevenant
If I wait long enough someone'll get it torrentable, right? 

You dont have to wait till its torrentable...
hehehe...direct download at

http://stoptazmo.com/bleach/

until chapters 144, which is the latest out by manga-rain...
Quistis88
Oh, gosh, thank you, Frostrevenant! But this is bad because it'll distract me from my Philosophy paper. tongue.gif
xrninja
THANK YOU!

and quistis, just being on this forum is asking to be distracted wink.gif
Quistis88
Haha! So true, so true . . .
hakai-kun
Sankyuu Sankyuu!
w00t! I need to dl it tommorow though. laugh.gif but i'll get right on it! tongue.gif
sasuki_604
Ooh...I luv Bleach!
I'm on book ten! I need to start reading some more! smile.gif
DZigen
I just started watching the bleach anime, and i think its totally awesome. Everyone i've told about bleach seems to like it too...what a kick ass series. biggrin.gif
Chibi Viki
QUOTE(Queen of the dammed @ Nov 18 2004, 11:38 AM)
What book ARE you up to Chibi Viki? I'm only up to book 14....TTToTTT... ICHIGO!!!!!! YOU MUST SAVE RUIKO!!!!!!!!!

lemme see... i've read chapter 1-61, skipped to chapter 32-33 (raw), then 35 scanlated, then skipped again to chater 151 (raw) and 153 scanlated. i've missed a lot... and i don't even know most of the characters anymore... >_<

You dont have to wait till its torrentable...
hehehe...direct download at

http://stoptazmo.com/bleach/

until chapters 144, which is the latest out by manga-rain...

Thanks so much for the link... but i am rather disturbed about this "revelation" about narutofan.com's tazmo...
Quistis88
Where did you get the scanlations beyond chapter 144, Chibi Viki? ohmy.gif
Chibi Viki
let's see...

raw came from www.bleach7.com and chapter 135 and 153 from www.bleachworld.com
Quistis88
Ahh, many thanks, Viki. smile.gif
chickensushi
I'm at chapter 148 now...and I have to say, its becomming more and more like Naruto. They pretty much have 3 seperate storylines going, and its only focusing on one....the fighting. It's nice at first, but it gets annoying at the end. You pretty much have on whole chapter where a guy gets up from being badly wounded, remembers a few things, attacks someone, falls, and its over. Ya, thats one chaper, 19 pages.

Chibi Viki
hehe, i skip those... the story is very much predictable and some events are already cliche. Battles -- we already know the outcome even w/ our eyes closed. but i'm really interested w/ rukia and ichigo... and urahara just cracks me up :,3

oh, and the riza hawkeye-like character, nanao-chan, and her captain are totally hilarious too! glad to know they're on the good side later on ^^
sasuki_604
Just wondering, I heard there is only 15 volumes of the manga is that true?
Haroken
There are more than that. ANd its till going.
sasuki_604
Good. haha I was like 15 volumes?! That is kind of short.
Fresh_Coffee
What the have translated scans above 149 I've been dying to read Bleach! I went and read all of it because I was bored! Now I must wait 0________0. Which reminds I only found out a couple of days ago that Manga-Rain is 16 chapters behind. I guess their taking a break I hope they translate more soon though or I'm going to faint. Luckily they do it for free 0_0.
Chiba
Bleach ruleZ! I can't wait for Chapter 150 to be Scanned... sux i can't read japanese so i could jsut read the raws....

Zaraki Kenpachi is the Best!!!! biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.