Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chapter 46 "Regular" Discussion Thread For First Time Readers (and Others)
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Manga
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Senefen
SQUEEEEEEE!
*twitches and waits for translation*
I probably wont be able to get it till the 26th though O.o. Stupid screwy timed dial up.
Kyo_Umerio
QUOTE(Senefen @ Apr 10 2005, 11:19 PM)
SQUEEEEEEE!
*twitches and waits for translation*
I probably wont be able to get it till the 26th though O.o. Stupid screwy timed dial up.
[snapback]150463[/snapback]

*blinks* whats Timed Dial Up? anyways happy.gif i cant wait for the translation. i havn't even looked at the Raw yet cause i dont wanna spoil it... although it already slightly has ben *fwaps merc and Sakura* evil women >.<
Yukina_Raven
QUOTE(Umeko @ Apr 10 2005, 06:01 PM)
My chapter 46 was better.
[snapback]150332[/snapback]

I think it's a tie. tongue.gif
Umeko
QUOTE(Yukina_Raven @ Apr 11 2005, 12:18 PM)
QUOTE(Umeko @ Apr 10 2005, 06:01 PM)
My chapter 46 was better.
[snapback]150332[/snapback]

I think it's a tie. :P
[snapback]150611[/snapback]

GASP!! There's an icon I made in your signature! :O
Kyo_Umerio
which one is yours Umeko? and uh.. is it translated yet?
Umeko
QUOTE(Kyo_Umerio @ Apr 11 2005, 01:22 PM)
[snapback]150629[/snapback]

The last one. And I'm not sure if Cyn has done any translation yet, but I have pages 1-16 and 23-31 translated so far. (I need her to check my translations for me, though. XD;;) None of it has been edited into the images yet, but that shouldn't take too long once it's started.
Kyo_Umerio
QUOTE(Umeko @ Apr 11 2005, 12:37 PM)
QUOTE(Kyo_Umerio @ Apr 11 2005, 01:22 PM)
[snapback]150629[/snapback]

The last one. And I'm not sure if Cyn has done any translation yet, but I have pages 1-16 and 23-31 translated so far. (I need her to check my translations for me, though. XD;;) None of it has been edited into the images yet, but that shouldn't take too long once it's started.
[snapback]150632[/snapback]

*nod nods* i see i was just curious because i cant wait to read it *falls over sadly* my Watch and Trading Arts 1 Figures didn't come today ~_~ the rest of my stuff is supposed to be here though... so here i am waiting..... Mr. UPS man.... hurry up.... please...
TanukiFan
*Reads*
I HATE YOU!
*Sobs quietly*
I took me forever to get that it was an april fools! Aggg! I thought Arakawa-sensei was on CRACK or something. ph34r.gif ph34r.gif ph34r.gif

...BTW, Nice doodles...
Senefen
*blinks* whats Timed Dial Up?
The bane of my existance. 30 hours of internet time a month on 56k. Runs out too fast O.o. At school I have unlimited broardband but it's school holidays now so I cant make any major downloads. ;_;

*continues to twitch and wait*
Kyo_Umerio
QUOTE(Senefen @ Apr 11 2005, 10:06 PM)
*blinks* whats Timed Dial Up?
The bane of my existance. 30 hours of internet time a month on 56k. Runs out too fast O.o. At school I have unlimited broardband but it's school holidays now so I cant make any major downloads. ;_;

*continues to twitch and wait*
[snapback]150965[/snapback]

*pets Sen* you poor poor Sen... *sighs* does that include viewing webpages?
Senefen
*nod nod nod* Thats how much time we can be connected. And my bro uses up time too *cires*
Saturn Stars
Umm... the raw version is out... can't anyone read much japanese? Well I can't really understand kanji, but since the whole thing hass furigana I can make sense of it. If anyone is really desperate I can translate... ummm... howcome the translation is taking so long anyway?
Le Monkey
I NEED THE TRANSLATION!!!

AHHHHHHH!!!!

DONT LEAVE IT THERE!!!!!

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
Saturn Stars
Hahaha watcha wanna know Le Monkey? Any bit in particular? I can post the translations in here if you want. Not for the whole thing God I will die! But yeah I can help you out some if you want
Umeko
QUOTE(Saturn Stars @ Apr 12 2005, 03:35 AM)
Umm... the raw version is out... can't anyone read much japanese? Well I can't really understand kanji, but since the whole thing hass furigana I can make sense of it. If anyone is really desperate I can translate... ummm... howcome the translation is taking so long anyway?
[snapback]151032[/snapback]

Long?? It's only been two days! We've been working hard on this but we do have lives, you know, so cut us a little slack here. :/ We're quicker than most scanlation groups, you should be grateful. XD

Anyway, we have the first 31 pages (out of 44) done and edited and all. Pages 32-44 have junk translations done (ie. I translated them and I need Cyn to check and correct all my mistakes). Cyn will be on in about three hours maybe, and then it should only take a few more hours to get the whole thing done... I'd say give us about eight hours from after I post this message. (It's 12:30 where I am, so that would be 8:30 my time.) In any case, it should be done and uploaded tonight if all goes according to plan. And if something comes up that prevents it from getting done today, then tomorrow afternoon at the absolute latest.

So, yeah. That's where we stand right now~!

EDIT: If you absolutely NEED to read some of it RIGHT NOW, I guess I can upload a few pages.

Here, pages 12 to 22:

12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

The images will be taken down once the entire chapter is up.
Kyo_Umerio
QUOTE(Umeko @ Apr 12 2005, 10:31 AM)

Long?? It's only been two days! We've been working hard on this but we do have lives, you know, so cut us a little slack here. :/ We're quicker than most scanlation groups, you should be grateful. XD

Anyway, we have the first 31 pages (out of 44) done and edited and all. Pages 32-44 have junk translations done (ie. I translated them and I need Cyn to check and correct all my mistakes). Cyn will be on in about three hours maybe, and then it should only take a few more hours to get the whole thing done... I'd say give us about eight hours from after I post this message. (It's 12:30 where I am, so that would be 8:30 my time.) In any case, it should be done and uploaded tonight if all goes according to plan. And if something comes up that prevents it from getting done today, then tomorrow afternoon at the absolute latest.

EDIT: If you absolutely NEED to read some of it RIGHT NOW, I guess I can upload a few pages.

Here, pages 12 to 22:

[snapback]151148[/snapback]

i'll just wait for the entire translation so that i dont flip out waiting for the rest XD!!!
Umeko
Guh... actually, expect it tomorrow at around 10:30 AM EST, or perhaps about two hours later, depending. I have a calc midterm tomorrow and my education has priority over manga. Sorry! ^^;;
AA battery
lol... then I will get some nice distraction from studying Chem 123 @@;

Edit: ... and people, hell, stop complaining about slow translation or whatever (really, any translation done within a week is considered pretty fast actually... imagine the long wait for the LICENSED book)... you are getting the translations for free whatsoever, and since you can't translate on your own, stop complaining! The translators/editors/CG-ors don't owe you their life! (well, it's probably just me... but that's what made I quit the fansubbing group (chinese -> english, then the ones that know japanese better than me do the editing) I was in last year... I had so much fun translating at first then... later on, I had to stop for 3 weeks for exams and people would just PM me forever and ask me to translate faster and that-really-annoys-me... Do you know how it is a pain in the butt to pause every sentense and type it up? And it takes more brains to translate it because the chinese subtitle in not that accurate... need to listen to the jap to get the best out as I could... argh)

sorry, just in a pretty bad mood since it's exam period.
CSakuraS
QUOTE(Umeko @ Apr 12 2005, 09:31 AM)

IAWTC.

This chapter just happened to come at a really busy time for us. Even so we'll have it done in less than a week.

QUOTE(armor-alchemist @ Apr 12 2005, 03:16 PM)
Do you know how it is a pain in the butt to pause every sentense and type it up? And it takes more brains to translate it because the chinese subtitle in not that accurate... need to listen to the jap to get the best out as I could... argh)
[snapback]151323[/snapback]

OHHH yeah I know what you're talking about... XD Way back when the last few episodes of the FMA anime was out as raws I took it upon myself to write excruciatingly detailed translation-summaries...and I'm telling you, by the time I got started on 51 I was sick and tired of the whole process. ^^;; Manga is SO much easier...

Ailuro: Try not to double post. Use the Edit button.
Kirara
Well I just want to say that I really appreciate the effort that you put in to translating each chapter. I am very grateful and there is no rush. I know you are taking the time to do a good job. smile.gif
Jellybean
Yeah, take your time. You guys are our heroes, you do really good work, and I'd hate for your grades to suffer. I'm looking forward to it too, but it won't kill anyone to wait a few days. happy.gif Thank you for all your hard work!
Kyo_Umerio
QUOTE(Jellybean @ Apr 12 2005, 05:44 PM)
Yeah, take your time.  You guys are our heroes, you do really good work, and I'd hate for your grades to suffer.  I'm looking forward to it too, but it won't kill anyone to wait a few days.  happy.gif  Thank you for all your hard work!
[snapback]151393[/snapback]

*nod nods* i agree with Jellybean happy.gif WE LOVE YOU!!! *worships* XD!!!
Saturn Stars
QUOTE(Umeko @ Apr 13 2005, 02:01 AM)

Here, pages 12 to 22:

I'm so sorry! I didn't mean it in an offensive way. I meant as in somenoe said a little while ago it would be out the day after or something so I was jsut wondering! Thanks for working your arses of tongue.gif
Umeko

~ Chapter 46 Translated (i Swear!), For real this time!! ~

http://www.livejournal.com/community/fm_al...st/2050222.html

You'll have to be a member of Livejournal/the fm_alchemist community in order to see the post, though. >.> Sorry! It's not that difficult to join, though. XD

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>EDIT: "i Swear"?? WTF is with that capitalization?? I think I need sleep... XDD</span>

EDIT 2: <span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>(This is copy-and-pasted from a message that I wrote later in the thread, but I'm posting it here also - chances are that some people will skip over it otherwise.)</span>
Okay, so. On the ZOMGFTA!!! website I have our files up for download, and they're password protected. I have now put the passwords up on the page, BUT... they're in riddles. :3 You have to figure out what they are for yourselves~! Oh, and the pattern is different for each password, but they're really not that difficult.

No, I'm not making this easy for you guys. >D
Umeko
Nahh, s'all good. XD It did come off as sounding a bit critical, but I believe you when you say that you didn't mean it as such.

The chapter is all done and uploaded now, though. :D
Animeoldtimer
It's really nice of you to translate for us! smile.gif
Ferahgo
<cries>
The create an account hated me (took forever for a password, then the whole write the text from the garbled picture refused to work), the log in hated me, and now that I'm all signed up and logged in, it's telling me that I am not authorized to view this protected entry. Any idea what I should do?
Senefen
*joins in the worshipping*
Ferahgo
My bad, forgot I had to go about joining your community.

How do I do that again? <has never used livejournal before, obviously>
CSakuraS
QUOTE(Ferahgo @ Apr 12 2005, 09:42 PM)
My bad, forgot I had to go about joining your community.

How do I do that again? <has never used livejournal before, obviously>
[snapback]151616[/snapback]

You go to the community's userinfo, and it should ask you whether you'd like to become a member of the community near the top. ^_^

EDIT: ...Oh, but if you're having trouble finding the community, just type fm_alchemist in the search box under the menu where it says "username."
lenita
smile.gif thanks Umeko... and also for your pics very hilarious biggrin.gif biggrin.gif (i still have the original version in my computer)
what is the password to unzip?
AA battery
Guest: ... it says ther on the fm_alchemist topic... read carefully w+

umeko: *downloading* ... you are awesome... my bio 112 studying has to be delayed by 30 minutes again...
well I don't know how to use livejournal and I don't know what you mean by topic, so would you mind eiother telling me exactly what you mean or just give me the password?
nevermind I guess you meant recent entries not topic. thanx anyways!
darknite
Um, im not getting an option to use the password....and its not letting me open it....i have a feeling these two are related, so when are we supposed to have to enter in the password? in order to save it or in order to open it? (im assuming open) and if it is to open, how do you pull up the screen where it asks for a password?
thanks so much for all your time with this *which is why i feel bad asking for even more....*
Qeomash
The password is on the above linked page, had you actually taken the time to read it. wink.gif

It SHOULD ask for a password upon opening the zip file. You may want to check your Unzipper Program's options to see if it will even ask for a password.

And agian...THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU!!!!
Aoko-chan
THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU UMEKO SAN!!!

Your pics were super funny xD !!!
darknite
QUOTE(Qeomash @ Apr 13 2005, 02:16 AM)
The password is on the above linked page, had you actually taken the time to read it. wink.gif

It SHOULD ask for a password upon opening the zip file.  You may want to check your Unzipper Program's options to see if it will even ask for a password.

And agian...THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU!!!!
[snapback]151657[/snapback]

I did read it and my winzip program still didnt give me an option for entering in a password while trying to open the zip file, which it then declared as an invalid file
Le Monkey
I cant get to the site...

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE attach it to the thread please?!!!
bemused_non-alchemist
Yes, do indeed... I'm having withdrawal symptoms, and boy are they bad. biggrin.gif
Umeko
QUOTE(le monkey @ Apr 13 2005, 08:03 AM)
I cant get to the site...

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE attach it to the thread please?!!!
[snapback]151748[/snapback]

I'm not going to do that myself, it's illegal enough that we put this on the internets. I'm sure someone will mirror it somewhere eventually, though.

EDIT: Okay, so. On the ZOMGFTA!!! website I have our files up for download, and they're password protected. I have now put the passwords up on the page, BUT... they're in riddles. :3 You have to figure out what they are for yourselves~! Oh, and the pattern is different for each password, but they're really not that difficult.

No, I'm not making this easy for you guys. >D
Kinbari-chan
Haha thank you so much!! More manga for me to read this week! happy.gif
Electrastar
I do want to read that chapter...but I really don't want to open a weblog just to get to it since I'll probably never go back to that site again... mad.gif
Umeko
QUOTE(Electrastar @ Apr 13 2005, 09:34 AM)
I do want to read that chapter...but I really don't want to open a weblog just to get to it since I'll probably never go back to that site again... :angry:
[snapback]151775[/snapback]

The chapter is up for download on our site (the first link in my sig), but you'll need the password. There are a few ways to get that; one is to join Livejournal and the community in order to see that post, but you've already said that you don't want to do that. Another option is to try and figure out the riddles I put on the site. There are one or two other options, but those you'll have to figure that out for yourself. ;D (See, this isn't exactly legal, what we're doing, so I don't want to make it too easy for people to get ahold of the chapters. :X)
I go to the link from your first post but i get

Error
You are not authorized to view this protected entry.
:/
Kyo_Umerio
QUOTE(Guest @ Apr 13 2005, 12:24 PM)
I go to the link from your first post but i get

Error
You are not authorized to view this protected entry.
:/
[snapback]151887[/snapback]

read her entire first post and maybe you'll find your answer young grasshopper.
I know it has something to do with address she gave... but I tried fixing the address and whatnot.. doesn't work. I even tried putting it in as a password :/
Qeomash
Read the first post. It has all the directions you need.
CSakuraS
QUOTE(Guest @ Apr 13 2005, 11:42 AM)
I know it has something to do with address she gave... but I tried fixing the address and whatnot.. doesn't work.  I even tried putting it in as a password :/
[snapback]151892[/snapback]

You can't see it unless you're a member of that livejournal community (and you're logged in).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.