Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chapter 46 "Regular" Discussion Thread For First Time Readers (and Others)
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Manga
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Jellybean
You should still put anime spoilers in the spoiler tags, though. Some people have been reading the manga, but not watching the anime.
If no one brings the anime crap into here, there would be no need to have all these arguments, right?
Defade
QUOTE(Kyo_Umerio @ May 5 2005, 04:18 AM)
QUOTE(foolmetal alchemist @ May 4 2005, 01:30 PM)
Doesn't everyone know by now??

*Spoiler*

"Father" is Ed's dad, Hohenhine.
[snapback]166162[/snapback]

ok.... Foolmetal alchemist.... i'm gonna explain something to you... lets try and make this easy for you.... and i'm sorry for being an ass or anything but i'm really sick of this.

Anime - Father = Ed's Father = Creator of Homunculi

Manga - Father = ??????? = Creator of Homunculi...

now here comes the tricky part you may wanna read this a few times just to make sure you understand. THE ANIME AND THE MANGA ARE NOT THE SAME! THEY ARE NOTHING A LIKE! FATHER IN THE ANIME DOES NOT EQUAL FATHER IN THE MANGA!!! happy.gif ok.... thank you for playing and remember that anytime you get confused between Anime and Manga, just come back and read this again K?
[snapback]166212[/snapback]

Um..well...mebbe Footmetal Alchemist does know the difference between manga and anime, AND has read through the manga until now. So why is he( sorry if you are a she!!) saying that? Maybe it's because of this:
1. Look at the hairstyle of Father, compare them with Hohenheim's one.
2. The stuff Hohenheim says, when he returned to Risebuul, ch. 42.
3. Volume 6 or 5, when Izumi said that she met Hohenheim on the street, he said that his dreams are coming true, that means the creation of the perfect Philosopher's Stone, which is the same as the dream/objective of Father.
4. ( stupid reason, doens't have any meaning) His looks creeps me out sleep.gif;;
.....different way of thinking.....different results.....
And by the way, the link of ch. 46 doesn't work now tongue.gif
EDIT: OMG, Izumi, a he??? A stupid mistake......sleep.gif;;
MasterKris
I still don't know... huh.gif
Mabye Hohenheim is the father, mabye it's not. Whoever that guy is, I don't like him.

I read this one omake about the Homonculus voting for 'father' in the popular character poll. REally FUnny! biggrin.gif
Can anyone send me a link, cause I forgot where the link for that in this site was.
foolmetal alchemist
QUOTE(Defade @ May 6 2005, 04:09 AM)
QUOTE(Kyo_Umerio @ May 5 2005, 04:18 AM)
QUOTE(foolmetal alchemist @ May 4 2005, 01:30 PM)
Doesn't everyone know by now??

*Spoiler*

"Father" is Ed's dad, Hohenhine.
[snapback]166162[/snapback]

ok.... Foolmetal alchemist.... i'm gonna explain something to you... lets try and make this easy for you.... and i'm sorry for being an ass or anything but i'm really sick of this.

Anime - Father = Ed's Father = Creator of Homunculi

Manga - Father = ??????? = Creator of Homunculi...

now here comes the tricky part you may wanna read this a few times just to make sure you understand. THE ANIME AND THE MANGA ARE NOT THE SAME! THEY ARE NOTHING A LIKE! FATHER IN THE ANIME DOES NOT EQUAL FATHER IN THE MANGA!!! happy.gif ok.... thank you for playing and remember that anytime you get confused between Anime and Manga, just come back and read this again K?
[snapback]166212[/snapback]

Um..well...mebbe Footmetal Alchemist does know the difference between manga and anime, AND has read through the manga until now. So why is he( sorry if you are a she!!) saying that? Maybe it's because of this:
1. Look at the hairstyle of Father, compare them with Hohenheim's one.
2. The stuff Hohenheim says, when he returned to Risebuul, ch. 42.
3. Volume 6 or 5, when Izumi said that he met Hohenheim on the street, he said that his dreams are coming true, that means the creation of the perfect Philosopher's Stone, which is the same as the dream/objective of Father.
4. ( stupid reason, doens't have any meaning) His looks creeps me out sleep.gif;;
.....different way of thinking.....different results.....
And by the way, the link of ch. 46 doesn't work now tongue.gif
[snapback]167486[/snapback]

I'm glad at least somebody else knows what I'm talking about. The manga has already revealed the identity of Father. It's also obvious to me that the manga and anime don't have the same story. The anime has already ended and the manga is planned for another 34 chapters. The manga has been a completely different story since the 25th chapter.
AA battery
... can't people have the same hair style? =\ Riza and Winry's hair style is quite (note that I didn't say EXACTLY IDENTICAL) similar... at least the bangs are of the same direction... I don't think Father = Hoho-papa, but who knows, knowing Arakawa-sensei, she probably will throw us off (and I will stop thinking about it so that my brain won't hurt anymore)...

so can we stop this endless argument now because we are not going to get anywhere anyways and just wait for the next chapters? We are getting awfully repetitive here.
Elohir
Ok, I'm logged in the livejournal, I know the password, I have the link but the zomgfta site can't be found. What's the problem this time? Is it temporary down? Or am I too late to get the ch 46? or whatever? Thank you.
Wow... some people just see a beard and they go "THEY R THE SAME!!!". Imagine what happens if Arakawa made them... twins!!! Or

Father: Ah, my son you've come!
Hoho: Yes, dad. I've come back to stop you.
Ed: WTF!! He's my grandpa?!

or

Hoho: Yes, Ed. I'm Pride, made in the exact likeness of my creator, my Father.

But no, some people just bite their tongues and go for something that seem too obvious...
AA battery
QUOTE(Guest @ May 7 2005, 03:14 AM)
Wow... some people just see a beard and they go "THEY R THE SAME!!!". Imagine what happens if Arakawa made them... twins!!! Or

xD that was totally amusing
Defade
QUOTE(Guest @ May 7 2005, 06:14 PM)

or

Hoho: Yes, Ed. I'm Pride, made in the exact likeness of my creator, my Father.

But no, some people just bite their tongues and go for something that seem too obvious...
[snapback]167969[/snapback]

Well, they are the same, the beards, I mean ^^ but we are still not sure about the person, though Arakawa-sensei said something about "You will be very surprised after you found out the identidy of Hohenheim." Well.....
Another theory is that they might be really close twin brothers long time ago that had a lot of interest in PS, after they found out the truth about it( the thing about human lives) Hoho quit and Father continued...sleep.gif;;
kirokikumo
I don't know if this is the same place as before.... But you can read ch. 46 at

http://groups.msn.com/FullMetalAlchemist/f...emistmanga.msnw

I don't think you can download it, but you can at least read it there. Hope that's helpful to someone. smile.gif
Kirara
Actually there is a lot of evidence that Hohenheim is the "father"

1) As others have said the "Father" and Hohenheim do look alike
2) In the beginning of chapter 40 we see the "Father" getting up from this machine like contraption. At the end we meet Hohenheim for the first time
3) In Chapter 42 Hohenheim tells Pinako that a "terrible event will awake in this county," which makes me think he knows something major in underfoot. And who wouldn't know this but the "father" who seems to be the one in charge of everything that is happening.
4) In this last chapter, we find out that Hohenheim cannot be killed by a gunshot. He himself calls himself a monster. So we at least know that Hohenheim is not a normal human if he is human at all.

Sure until Arakawa actually states that Hohenheim is the "Father" we can't be 100% sure. Still I think there is a lot of evidence that points that she is going in this direction.
Koneko_chan
QUOTE(armor-alchemist @ May 7 2005, 01:03 AM)
... can't people have the same hair style? =\ Riza and Winry's hair style is quite (note that I didn't say EXACTLY IDENTICAL) similar... at least the bangs are of the same direction
[snapback]167949[/snapback]

There is a reason, you know.
Chagan
http://groups.msn.com/FullMetalAlchemist/c...to&PhotoID=4900

I might be reading into it a bit much, but if Hohenheim = Father = Pride, wouldn't Envy call him Father instead of Pride?
Kirara
Yeah I think Hohenheim is the "Father" but I don't think he is Pride.
Murasaki
Well, pretty much, there are a few options. Either:

Pride = Hohenheim =/=Father
Father = Hohenheim =/=Pride
Father = Pride =/= Hohenheim
Father = Pride = Hohenheim
Father =/= Pride =/= Hohenheim

So, we can immediately get rid of the options where Pride = Father, since, according to Perfect Guide 2, Father created Pride (and he can't create himself, ne? happy.gif). So, this leaves:

Pride = Hohenheim =/= Father
Father = Hohenheim =/= Pride
Father =/= Pride =/= Hohenheim

But, until we've read more, we can't know... All we know is that Pride =/= Father. happy.gif
AA battery
gah, no point in arguing more sleep.gif this threat is getting overly repetitive and annoying...

Uh, if you read Detective Conan before, the thing about Jodie/Vermouth (the answer was revealed in volume 42), you will kinda get why I decided not to mess around with guessing whether Hoho-papa = father or not... can't we just quiet down and wait for chappie 47? It's gonna be here in a few days =\
foolmetal alchemist
When exactly is the next chapter coming out?
AA battery
May 12, so it's not too far... add about 3 days to it for the translation to come out... hopefully someone will post the raw tho biggrin.gif *at least I can read like 25% of it xD*
Kyo_Umerio
QUOTE(armor-alchemist @ May 8 2005, 06:48 PM)
May 12, so it's not too far... add about 3 days to it for the translation to come out... hopefully someone will post the raw tho biggrin.gif *at least I can read like 25% of it xD*
[snapback]169086[/snapback]

hopefully someone will or it may take longer
Whoa, I just saw a few pages from 47 (hopefully they are real). It is gonna rock if the teaser pages are for real.
Senefen
WHERE!!!!????
1 day to go ^^.
Glad I'm praticaly in the same timezone as Japan, saves figuring out when everything is.
*pulls out chinese dictionary and Lonely planet Japanese phrase book* Right ready to translate! *cough* I can understand any word that is "koko" biggrin.gif.

Umeko-san.... Host! http://fateback.com abuse that unlimited bandwith! cool.gif
Defade
QUOTE(armor-alchemist @ May 9 2005, 08:30 AM)
gah, no point in arguing more sleep.gif this threat is getting overly repetitive and annoying...

Uh, if you read Detective Conan before, the thing about Jodie/Vermouth (the answer was revealed in volume 42), you will kinda get why I decided not to mess around with guessing whether Hoho-papa = father or not... can't we just quiet down and wait for chappie 47? It's gonna be here in a few days =\
[snapback]169069[/snapback]

Oh yeah, that one, I always thought Jodie was one of the BOs, I'm quiet glad that my guessing was wrong.
Well, I hope I can see the translated version of ch.47 on Sunday....editors sure are lucky things....they get to see the chappie a lot earilier......
CSakuraS
QUOTE(armor-alchemist @ May 8 2005, 05:30 PM)
[snapback]169069[/snapback]

...Liek omg someone else who's a DC fan and has read that far!!!

Yes, Aoyama-sensei was brilliant with that one. :D Had over half the fan population fooled for almost twenty volumes and then suddenly pulled the rug out from under all those poor fanfic-writers....and when you look back at the previous hints and clues it all makes SENSE!

It would be awesome if Arakawa could pull off something that devious. >D
Michiyo-
First time FMA manga readers, please post your thoughts and discussions on chapter 46 here. smile.gif

Those who have already read further chapters are also welcome to join the discussions, but please do not post any future chapter content on this thread.

This thread is Spoiler Party thread for chapter 46 content, meaning, posters do not have to use Spoiler tags while posting about chapter 46 content on this thread. smile.gif

For the reading reference, please send a PM to A Pierrot's Aria and ask for "Reading Reference Assistance for week 41."
(For more detailed explanation on this, please read Tombow's post here.)

Thank you, A Pierrot’s Aria, for all your help!! ^^
Michiyo-
reserved for chapter information
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.