Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chapter 46 "Regular" Discussion Thread For First Time Readers (and Others)
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Manga
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Electrastar
QUOTE(Fullmetal Fangirl @ Apr 14 2005, 07:35 PM)
OMG! IT DIDNT SHOW RIZA AND ROY! WHAT ARE YOU, KIDDING ME?!

*faints*
[snapback]153006[/snapback]

I know laugh.gif But I still thought it was a good chapter. We got to see more of Ling's development and I'm starting to like him a little better now (he mostley got on my nerves) And I like Lan Fan (or Ran Fan huh.gif ) so I hope she pulls through ok. And the ending...darn, I wanted more pages...I think Winry will shoot scar, but because of her emotional state, he won't fataly wound him, maybe just graze his shoulder or something.
AA battery
what makes me wonder is that last line of the chapter... "You will just have to bear with it" or something like that? What does that mean??? @@
Kyo_Umerio
it means you'll just have to deal with it
Jellybean
I think it was still a memory of something that guy (who was he again?) said to Scar. As in, you'll have to deal with the fact that revenge only creates the need for more revenge. I thought that part was very nicely done.
AA battery
QUOTE(Kyo_Umerio @ Apr 14 2005, 09:06 PM)
[snapback]153048[/snapback]

but deal with WHAT?
akiasha
QUOTE(armor-alchemist @ Apr 14 2005, 09:53 PM)

but deal with WHAT?
[snapback]153083[/snapback]

That was a reference to the conversation that Scar had with his master a while back. The one where he said that revenge only begets revenge and yada yada... anywho... I guess he just realized that his time to deal with the consequences of his actions was about the time that Winry pointed a gun at him.
tinlunlau
the link no longer works.
sad.gif
Azura Elric
Really? oh well, least I got to it before it stopped working.
erm..just clarify for me, is Pride, King Bradley?

>.< What are you going to do Winry?!!! XP must find out! lol
Fullmetal Fangirl
LOL  biggrin.gif , I have to have it to the RoyxRisa fans, they're devoted (read: obsessed).
Winry looks like shes in the "freak out and shoot" stage rather than "white hot rage and shoot" stage to me.

That is so true...freak out and shoot....kinda like what happened to Riza....freak out and shoot like theres no tomorrow...oops....there i go again...
Umeko
QUOTE(tinlunlau @ Apr 15 2005, 03:23 AM)
:(
[snapback]153139[/snapback]

I've been getting "exceeding bandwidth" notifications for the past two days so I've temporarily renamed the file, causing all links to it to be broken. It should be working again tomorrow or the next day, so you can either wait until then or find it mirrored somewhere. ^^;;
Koneko_chan
I already posted a working link!

Why won't anyone read my posts?
Kyo_Umerio
QUOTE(Umeko @ Apr 15 2005, 07:09 AM)
sad.gif

I've been getting "exceeding bandwidth" notifications for the past two days so I've temporarily renamed the file, causing all links to it to be broken. It should be working again tomorrow or the next day, so you can either wait until then or find it mirrored somewhere. ^^;;
[snapback]153189[/snapback]

*nod nods* people you have 3 options to get this Manga.... what more do you want? there are three ways of getting it and they are all listed in this Thread. so stop being lazy and read, or i guess we can all keep complaining and then maybe... they'll just decide to take the chapter down happy.gif *notes the sarcasm* read people its not that hard, are you really have to do are look for words that are underlined.
tinlunlau
QUOTE(Kyo_Umerio @ Apr 15 2005, 04:37 PM)
sad.gif

*nod nods* people you have 3 options to get this Manga.... what more do you want? there are three ways of getting it and they are all listed in this Thread. so stop being lazy and read, or i guess we can all keep complaining and then maybe... they'll just decide to take the chapter down happy.gif *notes the sarcasm* read people its not that hard, are you really have to do are look for words that are underlined.
[snapback]153241[/snapback]

yes, i did read. and just to correct you, there were 2 methods provided, all providing the same link. don't take me for a hapless manga leecher, i've been in the manga fan translation thing myself. i translated in the heydays of Dual Translations, with stuff like "Love Hina" and "Devil & Devil".

and no....the msn page takes a horrendously long time to load.
stella_mustang
Thank you Koneko chan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
laugh.gif
Kyo_Umerio
QUOTE(tinlunlau @ Apr 15 2005, 10:49 AM)
QUOTE(Kyo_Umerio @ Apr 15 2005, 04:37 PM)
sad.gif

[snapback]153241[/snapback]

yes, i did read. and just to correct you, there were 2 methods provided, all providing the same link. don't take me for a hapless manga leecher, i've been in the manga fan translation thing myself. i translated in the heydays of Dual Translations, with stuff like "Love Hina" and "Devil & Devil".

and no....the msn page takes a horrendously long time to load.
[snapback]153250[/snapback]

sorry i should have been more specific i guess, there are three links throughout the Thread. 2 in the first post, and then 1 in the thread on page 5 to be exact...
Koneko_chan
Wierd. My computer only takes two seconds for it to load the MSN site.

You're welcome, stella_mustang
Electrastar

but deal with WHAT?

I was thinking that maybe Winry will just have to deal with the fact that Scar killed her parents or Scar will have to deal with the fact that he killed two innocent people who actually saved his life...
Kyo_Umerio
QUOTE(Electrastar @ Apr 15 2005, 12:13 PM)

but deal with WHAT?

I was thinking that maybe Winry will just have to deal with the fact that Scar killed her parents or Scar will have to deal with the fact that he killed two innocent people who actually saved his life...
[snapback]153281[/snapback]

i think it more along the lines of the 2nd one o.O;;
SweetJanie
I was just imagining Ed putting his automail hand on the gun. Winry would never shoot at her precious automail!! laugh.gif
Ailuro
Umeko, I just have to say that the first password is hilarious! XD
I remember seeing it a lot in Mugenjou.
Umeko
QUOTE(Ailuro @ Apr 15 2005, 04:33 PM)
Umeko, I just have to say that the first password is hilarious! XD
I remember seeing it a lot in Mugenjou.
[snapback]153353[/snapback]

The first password? Yeah, I think Mugenjou was where it first came into heavy usage... XD;; I can't remember how I came up with it, though. :3;;
QUOTE(Electrastar @ Apr 15 2005, 11:13 AM)

but deal with WHAT?

[snapback]153281[/snapback]

The last line is just a flashback of what Scar's master had told him, that Scar must let go of hostility and deal with the anger he has towards state alchemists because what goes around comes around. Scar thought there was justice in him seeking revenge, but now he realizes what he did (killing the Rockbell doctors) created another tragedy where the new victim (Winry) seeks revenge ON him.
SweetJanie
Tottaly agree with guest. I think the last line was for Scar and not Winry. Maybe Winry will make him change his mind about killing state alchemists... unsure.gif
Koneko_chan
I agree too!
Yukina_Raven
Whatever happens.... WINRY!ANGST!!11111 will obvious occur in chapter 47. tongue.gif
Kyo_Umerio
i actually wish the Homunculi were in this chapter more... i thought Bradley would have finally been revealed to Roy and Ed and Riza in this chapter... but no such luck ~_~
Electrastar
QUOTE(Kyo_Umerio @ Apr 15 2005, 07:51 PM)
i actually wish the Homunculi were in this chapter more... i thought Bradley would have finally been revealed to Roy and Ed and Riza in this chapter... but no such luck ~_~
[snapback]153631[/snapback]

Hehehe, maybe in the chapters to come. But I thought it would have been too soon....I mean, what would have happened after that ?
Kyo_Umerio
QUOTE(Electrastar @ Apr 15 2005, 09:20 PM)

Hehehe, maybe in the chapters to come. But I thought it would have been too soon....I mean, what would have happened after that ?
[snapback]153649[/snapback]

a rebelion and a war?
SweetJanie
Well, maybe on the next chapter Ling will reveal it to Ed who's gonna inform Roy who shall make a plot against the Fuhrer and take the title to himself, ROY TEH FURHER!!! I'd like to see that! laugh.gif (not all in the same chapter, course....)
Fresh_Coffee
._. I wanna see Roy and Riza. What about Havoc too many stories going at the same time.
TanukiFan
Somehow I just don't think Hoehenheim is homonculus....cause well homonculus can't use alchemy. Everybody pretty much has said throughout the past chapters that he is one, so well... one would have to take their word for it.

I toyed with the idea of him being Pride, because well he was being very prideful when talking about his sons and then his concern over his dress and the damage caused to his person. But then that whole being an alchemist thing pops up again.

Then of course there's that stray statement that Izumi made about him back when Ed and Al went to see her that one time (wish I could remember the chapter) about him having found what he'd always sought for. I believe that it was implied that that had something to do with human transmutation or the philosophers stone.

The whole being Father thing could be true. But I just don't think he is Father... maybe a close relation...like a brother... or something. I guess my reasoning for this is that well; one, Father aged and Hoehenheim didn't (I'm assuming that Greed's long period of time away from Father and his subsequent reaction to his "getting old" was evidence to this and the fact that Pinako (who is not young herself) made the comment that hoehenheim hadn't aged a day...); and two, well there was that thing that Father was hooked up to when Greed died. I don't know why it was there, but I'd like to assume that it was sustaining his life or something... and really the only way Hoehenheim could live and be shot was if he was in the possession of a rare and hard to find object....like the philosophers stone.

The of course there's the whole being the father of two sons thing... sons that while they are genius alchemists, are well human. But of course one could argue that Selim is a possible crux to this theory since he is the "son" of a homonculus...I really don't know... it seems plausable that he is many things.

And yet why would he strive to remain "human" to those around him. Why wouldn't he do what the other homonculus are doing if he is indeed one of them. Or perhaps maybe Hoehenheim is in the possession of a philosophers stone and as such is incapable of dying or aging. Either way its gonna be a whole lot of fun when Ed finds out. 

Thats in the Anime! in the manga it NEVER says anything about homunculi being able to use alchemy or not! So, I just think he's Superman!

Also:

...*Just figured out the password*

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
dragonflame327
The last part was what Scar's master was saying to him. I think it was him talking to Scar about his brother being driven insane by alchemy and the state alchemists attacking Ishbal. That him killing all the alchemists would only spawn more revenge. I need to read all the chapters again...

On the subject of Hohenhiem...that was just funny when he steps out full of bullet holes and gods, "How cruel. To use so many bullets." ...or something along those lines. Lol. He needs to hurt some people, IMO.

Winry will shoot and Scar will dodge it...or she won't shoot at all. Yeah, it think she's definitely in the "freaked out and shoot" stage.
Electrastar
QUOTE(Kyo_Umerio @ Apr 15 2005, 09:07 PM)
QUOTE(Electrastar @ Apr 15 2005, 09:20 PM)

[snapback]153649[/snapback]

a rebelion and a war?
[snapback]153699[/snapback]

I dunno....I still think not. It wouldn't happen because there's no way Roy and the rest of his crew could take on the furher and the rest of the military, with the homonculus as well. Besides, too many things are going on, we still haven't seen alot of the homonculus Sloth in the anime. He looks like a huge freaking monster....Man, I love the manga storyline much more than the manga , so much more things going on. It's sad that the anime had to take another turn and I think it was for money purposes wich kinda pisses me off.
MasterKris
Gosh, chapter 46 is making people wonder sooo much. We'll just have to wait for chapter 47. ( which seems like enternity.)
Fresh_Coffee
I'm not sure who said Ed's dad might be homonclus but I agree I was thinking of that possbility.
Kyo_Umerio
QUOTE(Fresh_Coffee @ Apr 16 2005, 12:43 PM)
I'm not sure who said Ed's dad might be homonclus but I agree I was thinking of that possbility.
[snapback]153963[/snapback]

o.O;;; thats a very goog point... maybe he is a homuculi but which one would her be?
[spoiler] maybe he is sloth... o.O;[/spoiler] XD just a thought
AA battery
Somehow I think Sloth is... Al's body... o___O;; *cries at that thought*

okay ignore me lol... still at school and still shivering fromthe Chem final ^^; (IT WAS HORRIBLE ARGHHH!!!)
Otoki Tomoe
QUOTE(armor-alchemist @ Apr 16 2005, 01:41 PM)

okay ignore me lol... still at school and still shivering fromthe Chem final ^^; (IT WAS HORRIBLE ARGHHH!!!)
[snapback]153999[/snapback]

Man... you just made me cry! I won't believe it! Never!

*runs away, weeping*
Kyo_Umerio
QUOTE(armor-alchemist @ Apr 16 2005, 01:41 PM)

[snapback]153999[/snapback]

o.o why do you say that Al's Body would be sloth? maybe hes Wrath then...
Fresh_Coffee
He is not wrath Kind bradley is. If he was a homoculus he probably be pride.
Kyo_Umerio
QUOTE(Fresh_Coffee @ Apr 16 2005, 03:55 PM)
[snapback]154089[/snapback]

maybe Izumi is one too o.O;;; *thinks*
Fresh_Coffee
QUOTE(Kyo_Umerio @ Apr 16 2005, 01:57 PM)
QUOTE(Fresh_Coffee @ Apr 16 2005, 03:55 PM)
[snapback]154089[/snapback]

maybe Izumi is one too o.O;;; *thinks*
[snapback]154090[/snapback]

laugh.gif yes that could be a good possbility XD
Hikusa Rockgirl X
- all people are homunculus!!! XD;

ahem O_

i dont think about sloth's appearance on the manga
pinako burned she isnt it? O.o;;

---------
bad english YAY -
CSakuraS
QUOTE(Hikusa Rockgirl X @ Apr 16 2005, 04:55 PM)
ahem O_

i dont think about sloth's appearance on the manga
pinako burned she isnt it? O.o;;

[snapback]154174[/snapback]

Sloth is not the same Sloth as in the anime. For two reasons: 1) failed human transmutation has nothing to do with how a homunculus is created, and 2) we've already seen Sloth once, and he is a big muscular man. So Sloth being Al's body is ruled out too. :/

The only Sin up for speculation is Pride. I'm thinking it's either that Truth thing in Al's body, or Hohenheim. :D;;
Come on guys, It's obvious. Hoenheim is obviously the "Father" of the homuculus. Since he's they're "father", he is supposed to have some similar traits to any other homuculi, like immortality.
Koneko_chan
Jeez you guys!!!

Pride is King Bradley and Sloth just hasn't made an appearance yet.

Somehow I doubt Hoenheim is a homunculus because I'm pretty sure homunculi can't create other homunculi.

Just use common sense.
QUOTE(Koneko_chan @ Apr 16 2005, 06:24 PM)
Jeez you guys!!!

Somehow I doubt Hoenheim is a homunculus because I'm pretty sure homunculi can't create other homunculi.

Just use common sense.
[snapback]154253[/snapback]

Talk about yourself dry.gif

That highlighted sentence shows you have no common sense at all! (ever see what section of the forums this is in?)
Fresh_Coffee
QUOTE(Koneko_chan @ Apr 16 2005, 05:24 PM)
Jeez you guys!!!

Just use common sense.
[snapback]154253[/snapback]

1) King Bradley is WRATH

2) Sloth has made appearence but is obivously a musclar man

3) Who says that Hoenheim created the homunculi? Arawaka-sensei could be tricking us that Hoenheim isn't really the father.
Koneko_chan
Yes, I REALIZED this is the manga section, but I doubt the anime made itself that much different from the manga.
emtee
My thoughts on 'Will Winry shoot?'

I think she wants to and she would, but Ed and Al can't let her because that would be their biggest failure of all. They've already messed up their own lives and want to pay now only with their own lives, to lose Winry (and they would lose her if she shot him, no one would arrest her probably but like Ed, she probably couldn't live being a murderer) would be the ultimate sign they've chosen the wrong path. So I think that Ed will transmute either his hand or leg into a pole or something to knock the gun away from Winry. He can't actually get there fast enough plus Scar's in the way, but he can knock the gun away using alchemey. It's very symbolic too - the destruction of Scar would be prevented through creation. Plus, it's Winry's automail so the hand that would save Scar would actually be her own. So then his destruction would be prevented by her creation.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.