Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chapter 46 "Regular" Discussion Thread For First Time Readers (and Others)
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Manga
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Chiyo
You know how to make a girl work for what she wants dont you?
To Umeko-san:

Where do i find the riddle for the password?
AA battery
... people don't even take the time to READ... all they do is WHINE... aww, come on, if you are old enough to use the forum, you are old enough to abide the rules/requests/instructions/whatever...

It's toukakoukan (actually, not even. You are not paying anything for the scans)... if you want it, you have to take the time to read the instructions and follow the procedures.

<--- sounds b!+chy today because she just bombed her first exam
lenita
QUOTE(armor-alchemist @ Apr 13 2005, 07:59 PM)
... people don't even take the time to READ... all they do is WHINE... aww, come on, if you are old enough to use the forum, you are old enough to abide the rules/requests/instructions/whatever...

It's toukakoukan (actually, not even. You are not paying anything for the scans)... if you want it, you have to take the time to read the instructions and follow the procedures.

<--- sounds b!+chy today because she just bombed her first exam
[snapback]151928[/snapback]

just breathhhhhh,............. and read the page there's the password rolleyes.gif

it's not difficult wink.gif
Chiyo
Just finished reading it

HOLY COW, its all going on!

Thanky so much for the translation, I don't care if I did have to sign up.
Jellybean
Sweet, I figured out the password from the riddles. You sneaky devils. wink.gif
Thank you so much for the translation!

That was a great chapter! And Scar is sexier than ever. Mmm-hm. biggrin.gif God, now I'm just dying to see what happens next.
Otoki Tomoe
May I take this moment, Umeka-chan, to say:

YOU #@$%ing RULE! laugh.gif

Thank you! happy.gif
Azura Elric
wow it's been a while since I read 45 @_@ I'm surprise I still know what's happening, and OMG! WTH Is Ed's Father? An Homunculi?! What would that make Ed and Al @_@ God I'm so confuse -.-
And don't die prince from Ling! (see, I'm forgetting names now.)
I wonder what Winry is going to do ._. @_@ we have to wait until May right?
Jellybean
Yeah, I don't know what to think of Hohenheim at this point. He seems to be the homunculus' leader, but one minute he's acting really shifty and ominous, the next minute he seems to be a nice guy with genuine affection for his family. It's all very intriguing.
Umeko
QUOTE(Jellybean @ Apr 13 2005, 05:24 PM)
Yeah, I don't know what to think of Hohenheim at this point.  He seems to be the homunculus' leader, but one minute he's acting really shifty and ominous, the next minute he seems to be a nice guy with genuine affection for his family.  It's all very intriguing.
[snapback]152026[/snapback]

He's Superman.
Azura Elric
QUOTE(Umeko @ Apr 13 2005, 05:34 PM)
QUOTE(Jellybean @ Apr 13 2005, 05:24 PM)
Yeah, I don't know what to think of Hohenheim at this point.  He seems to be the homunculus' leader, but one minute he's acting really shifty and ominous, the next minute he seems to be a nice guy with genuine affection for his family.  It's all very intriguing.
[snapback]152026[/snapback]

He's Superman.
[snapback]152042[/snapback]

._. does that mean he can fly too? >.< lol
Rinslet
(".) not fair... im not used to english terms...

<- T-T still can´t read it.
Koneko_chan
You rock!!! YAY!!!

You're like Superwoman or something.
Rinslet
That´s enought! i´ll wait 4 another translation ¬¬ i still have Bleach. thx anyway.
Umeko
QUOTE(Rinslet @ Apr 13 2005, 08:12 PM)
That´s enought! i´ll wait 4 another translation ¬¬ i still have Bleach. thx anyway.
[snapback]152147[/snapback]

Eh? Are we being unreasonable or something? o.O Ah, well. It's your choice to do whatever~! :D

EDIT: Ah, no, ignore that! If it's a language barrier, that just can't be helped, I guess.
Fullmetal Fangirl
Is the riddle that sentence under neith it?

whats the password?
Umeko
QUOTE(Fullmetal Fangirl @ Apr 13 2005, 08:50 PM)
Is the riddle that sentence under neith it?

whats the password?
[snapback]152161[/snapback]

-_- I thought I made it clear that I wasn't going to give the password on these forums...

But yes, the riddle is the sentence under the link. :D
Koneko_chan
Heh. When I went on to Livejournal, the password was already there.

I didn't see a riddle. Where was the riddle?
blueices
what a sadist you are! I had to work quite a bit to extract chapters which I won't have time to read till may sad.gif

Thank you though dearie....
As for the riddles, I would never have gotten them on my own so I had to search the comments on your page rather carefully laugh.gif
guestkonekochan
You know, I was replying to Fullmetal Fangirl's post, not Umeko's.
Jellybean
I didn't think it was that difficult to figure out the password. huh.gif
If you want to read the chapter that bad, then work for it, people.
Koneko_chan
Well it's too late, since i already posted the password.
xrninja
password post deleted by request.

(or you could have just edited your own post, koneko-chan, since there's an edit button for each post you make.)
Koneko_chan
I'm sorry I'm such a freaking retard. T_T
akiasha
Since someone brought up Hoehenheim and his whole identity crisis (I suppose you could call it that... sorta...) I decided to put my two bits into writing.... granted most of this is just me thinking out loud... but anyways...

Somehow I just don't think Hoehenheim is homonculus....cause well homonculus can't use alchemy. Everybody pretty much has said throughout the past chapters that he is one, so well... one would have to take their word for it.

I toyed with the idea of him being Pride, because well he was being very prideful when talking about his sons and then his concern over his dress and the damage caused to his person. But then that whole being an alchemist thing pops up again.

Then of course there's that stray statement that Izumi made about him back when Ed and Al went to see her that one time (wish I could remember the chapter) about him having found what he'd always sought for. I believe that it was implied that that had something to do with human transmutation or the philosophers stone.

The whole being Father thing could be true. But I just don't think he is Father... maybe a close relation...like a brother... or something. I guess my reasoning for this is that well; one, Father aged and Hoehenheim didn't (I'm assuming that Greed's long period of time away from Father and his subsequent reaction to his "getting old" was evidence to this and the fact that Pinako (who is not young herself) made the comment that hoehenheim hadn't aged a day...); and two, well there was that thing that Father was hooked up to when Greed died. I don't know why it was there, but I'd like to assume that it was sustaining his life or something... and really the only way Hoehenheim could live and be shot was if he was in the possession of a rare and hard to find object....like the philosophers stone.

The of course there's the whole being the father of two sons thing... sons that while they are genius alchemists, are well human. But of course one could argue that Selim is a possible crux to this theory since he is the "son" of a homonculus...I really don't know... it seems plausable that he is many things.

And yet why would he strive to remain "human" to those around him. Why wouldn't he do what the other homonculus are doing if he is indeed one of them. Or perhaps maybe Hoehenheim is in the possession of a philosophers stone and as such is incapable of dying or aging. Either way its gonna be a whole lot of fun when Ed finds out. wink.gif
Fullmetal Fangirl
you seriously posted it? the password i mean
AA battery
Fullmetal Fangirl: ... READ!! The moderator already deleted the password T_T (unless you are refering to LiveJournal... now that's different)

seriously... it only took me 2 minutes to read what's new on this topic, so can't people read the instructions before they ask? You are not little 5 years old kids anymore.

akiasha: but I think somewhere in the manga, it was mentioned that even Selim was adopted so he isn't exactly Wrath's son.... altho logically speaking, Hohenheim is the father... but what you said is pretty true and I bet Arakawa sensei will surprise us with some plot... (hopefully it's not as simple as "on da FATHER and hoho are brothers" cuz that kinda lime, really ^^; )... but could this also explain why Ed and Al are so extraordinary intelligent? Because Hohenheim is so... eh, special? xD (can' t find the right word)
Queen of the dammed
Need help here....
Do you have to type the password if you want to see every page? Because for some reason, I have to type the password for every page..... is that the case for everybody here, or is it just me? Thanks in advance smile.gif (p.s. I use one of those zipfile reading programs... does this affect anything?)
Chiyo
No I had to type in the password for each page too. But now I have saved it all into a different file so I don't have to (for me alone that is).
mommaG
I use the free PKZIp Reader and only had to enter the password once, when opening the entire file. The Reader made a folder with all the jpg in ready to view. I got it here: http://www.pkware.com/downloads/software/utilities/reader/
Fullmetal Fangirl
Fullmetal Fangirl: ... READ!! The moderator already deleted the password T_T (unless you are refering to LiveJournal... now that's different)

seriously... it only took me 2 minutes to read what's new on this topic, so can't people read the instructions before they ask? You are not little 5 years old kids anymore.

Eeek! Dont shoot me please!

but yeah, stuff it, ill find some other way.
Umeko
QUOTE(Fullmetal Fangirl @ Apr 14 2005, 09:47 AM)

Eeek! Dont shoot me please!

but yeah, stuff it, ill find some other way.
[snapback]152461[/snapback]

It's really not that difficult to get the file, you know. >.> And I've been dropping hints to what the password is, actually...

Also...

QUOTE(akiasha @ Apr 14 2005, 01:26 AM)
(Insert Hoho-papa theory here)
[snapback]152354[/snapback]

Nahh. He's just Superman. ;D
SumYuna
YAY!! I've been thinking on that riddle for nearly half an hour and when I finally got the answer I felt totally lame LoL.
Thank you very very very much for translating it!!! I'm reading it right now biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
lialiakicks
*Well, this reply is for the peeps who READ ch 46, so SPOILERS!*

So, uh, do you guys think Winry will shoot or what? *points to Chiyo's avatar...* O____O
tinlunlau
i don't get the riddle.
i hate solving riddles. can anybody clue me in?
Jellybean
My computer came with a zip reader, too, but I usually just do right click and then "extract all" to unzip it. Otherwise, it is very inconvenient.
stella_mustang
Could someone give me a tiny hint?
I am really, REALLY bad with riddles.
Sorry
sad.gif
AA battery
*feels random* *using Conan tone to talk* There is only one truth! Edward and Alphonse are...

... HANYOU!! *@!&%$!&%@!$

xD

*spoiler*

lialiakicks: I think Ed or Al will probably stop her... I don't think they would want her to kill a person... or maybe Winry will realize that it's pointless to kill him since her parents won't come back regardless of whether she shoots or not? (but I don't think she is... that clam to realize that now tho)
Saturn Stars
QUOTE(lialiakicks @ Apr 15 2005, 02:04 AM)

So, uh, do you guys think Winry will shoot or what? *points to Chiyo's avatar...* O____O
[snapback]152509[/snapback]

She wont shoot, they wouldn't kill off a character that easily. Besides Winry is in trauma, if she comes to her senses, she wouldn't do it. Maybe Ed will make her come to her senses! Or Al
akiasha
QUOTE(Saturn Stars @ Apr 14 2005, 01:07 PM)
QUOTE(lialiakicks @ Apr 15 2005, 02:04 AM)

[snapback]152509[/snapback]

She wont shoot, they wouldn't kill off a character that easily. Besides Winry is in trauma, if she comes to her senses, she wouldn't do it. Maybe Ed will make her come to her senses! Or Al
[snapback]152589[/snapback]

I don't think she'd shot him. She might beat him severely with a wrench, but I can't see her actually shooting anybody. Or at least I hope she won't...

For some odd reason that look on Scar's face at the end has me wondering if he regrets what happened to her parents. Which would be so cool... just because I love the angst that would bring.
AA battery
actually, I think it could be scar's brother that killed the Rockbell parents... remember that Scar said that his arm is sth from a very important family member?
Koneko_chan
For you people that don't get the riddle, just go here.

http://groups.msn.com/FullMetalAlchemist/chapter46.msnw
MasterKris
ooh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YOUR RIGHT armor-alchemist-SAN!!!!!!!!!!!
Of course, Winry won't shoot Scar, she is just too nice.
(Remember how Ed relized he can't kill because he is too nice??)
Kyo_Umerio
QUOTE(MasterKris @ Apr 14 2005, 04:23 PM)
ooh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YOUR RIGHT armor-alchemist-SAN!!!!!!!!!!!
Of course, Winry won't shoot Scar, she is just too nice.
(Remember how Ed relized he can't kill because he is too nice??)
[snapback]152687[/snapback]

Right... but you see how Psycho Edo's gets in the Anime when Aru's life is threatened... so dont underestimate Winry, we are talking about her parents... so honestly i think that her hearing that may have pushed her to the edge or close to...
Saturn Stars
Yeah, she could be pushed. But she wont be, if anything Ed or Al will calm her down, however if she was on that complete point of insantiy, she would shoot and regret it.
MasterKris
What I'm really happy about this chapter is that Lang Fan is not dead. YAY!!!
Although Hohemhein is the problem here, did he use alchemy?

I do not think Winry will kill Scar because Scar can't be a character that will die early. This is mi theory. Mabye Scar will tell Winry that it wasn't him that killed Winry's parents, but he doesn't deny that it was his brother. Or Scar will get hit by the bullet but escapes. Another, Scar will tell Winry why he killed them or something like that. LOTS of possibilities. We'll just have to wait for chapter 47! biggrin.gif
(Oops! I'm talking about the next chapter already...)
Senefen
I dont think she'll kill him. Though I kinda wish she would just to get it overwith. But that kinda stuff never happens, I dont think Arakawa is that original. PROVE ME WRONG!!
QUOTE(Kyo_Umerio @ Apr 14 2005, 03:47 PM)
Right... but you see how Psycho Edo's gets in the Anime when Aru's life is threatened... so dont underestimate Winry, we are talking about her parents... so honestly i think that her hearing that may have pushed her to the edge or close to...
[snapback]152708[/snapback]

Is it really that difficult to stop thinking anime ed is not manga ed and stop trying to discuss manga things based on "oh the anime did this so the manga has to as well"? dry.gif
Fullmetal Fangirl
OMG! IT DIDNT SHOW RIZA AND ROY! WHAT ARE YOU, KIDDING ME?!

*faints*
Senefen
LOL biggrin.gif, I have to have it to the RoyxRisa fans, they're devoted (read: obsessed).
Winry looks like shes in the "freak out and shoot" stage rather than "white hot rage and shoot" stage to me.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.