Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Action-packed Movie Trailer Out~
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1) > FMA Conqueror of Shambala Movie
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
anonymous
i really wonder if winry is going to be in this movie since she's just so awesome!
Yukina_Raven
QUOTE(dzioo @ Mar 27 2005, 05:39 AM)
thank you whoever posted that trailer here!!
i thing that everyone is confused abot al h. having an older brother, amour apearinig out of nowhere and why al e. is dressing up like his bother. but i have another worr. why ed says that no matter where he goes he cannot get out of there?? i hpe he won't lose his hope:(
[snapback]140221[/snapback]

Ack, I know. Ed always seemed to have hope. 'Tis heartbreaking for him to lose it now. But the first magazine scan Sycia scanned for us and translated said that Ed was[ losing hope. Poor Edo. *Sniffs* sad.gif
Oinchinjey
I really hope that the ending, he will return
to his world. Maybe he will get hope in the movie...
cutewitch
my guess: they will see each other--then:

if square-enix does not want to be crushed by heartbroken fans, they will be together at least for a while in the film;

if they want to make $$$ and have not got enough--they will part again~~

anyway, if al misses his bro SO badly--al least he can look into the mirror everyday--in which he will see ed smile.gif
Hagane no Renzy
They should hug! happy.gif

...Nah, can't see that happening. I was just messin around anyway.
hagane_no_tokage
tokage demands roiai in the movie!!! she demands it!!!! XDDDDD *demand-suru*
Hagane no Renzy
...*shrugs*

Who knows, Tokage. Anything can happen in FMA!

*cough* Although if that did happened I'd be shocked to the core...*coughs again*
Digitalgirl
I have "The Perfect" plan.

I will PAY someone in Japan to go record the movie with a camcorder [then put it on the web, let the fansubbers get it....]...in fact, i think my mom has a camcorder here somewhere...*plans to send camcorder and cash* smile.gif
Hagane no Renzy
Digitalgirl- Good luck.

What am I saying? GOD SPEED!!!
Yume
Seriously, digitalgirl? blink.gif All hail digitalgirl laugh.gif .

You know, what if Al H. has a brother who looks like Ed? Or maybe the Ed that died in our world is his brother..*dying of imaginations* huh.gif
AA battery
QUOTE(Yume @ Mar 27 2005, 08:13 PM)
Seriously, digitalgirl?  blink.gif  All hail digitalgirl  laugh.gif  .

You know, what if Al H. has a brother who looks like Ed? Or maybe the Ed that died in our world is his brother..*dying of imaginations*   huh.gif
[snapback]140738[/snapback]

but then that alter!Ed that died has golden eyes! That would be kinda weird... blue eyes on one bro and golden eyes on the other?

(argh, Alphonse Heiderich's voice.... *faints from horror*)

*drools on the Al that appears at the last sec* x3

Sycia = U DA BEST!
KaizokuxAi
ZOMG~! ::dies::
Cannot WAIT for this to come out! 4 more months, 4 more months.. I'm gonna drive myself insane. >.<
I worship you, cutewitch.
Oh, yeah. And I feel bad for the people that haven't finished the series.. spoilers GALORE.
Sycia
QUOTE(armor-alchemist @ Mar 28 2005, 03:42 PM)
(argh, Alphonse Heiderich's voice.... *faints from horror*)
[snapback]140849[/snapback]

XD I'm glad I wasn't the only one with that reaction
If AL.E is real, I'm gonna say
" AL YOU COPYCAT!! I WONT FORGIVE YOU!"
*tries to kill al*
(thinks of sweetest chibi ever)
*throws away knife*

Seriously, I really hate Al, ever since he doubt Ed after Ed lands in the hosipal in around episode 22 or something. Now, he's too much! Cosplaying cutie chibi!
Uchiha_Itachi
The movie looks awesome biggrin.gif can't wait to see it.
Jen_Elric
*gasp* That was sooo cool! Thanks to Cutewitch for saving the trailer before it went away! The other trailer, that was up be fore this one, I couldn't see for some reason.
Now to wait FOREVER for it to come to the States! >.<
Steel Alchemist
Neat!
Guest_riki_*
QUOTE(nara1961 @ Mar 27 2005, 11:34 AM)
QUOTE(anime_manga_fan @ Mar 27 2005, 10:40 AM)
QUOTE(Edward-Fan @ Mar 27 2005, 10:19 AM)
I'm wondering what that engine-like right arm of Ed means?  huh.gif
Maybe he needs to start the "motor" before being able to move his hand freely??
[snapback]140287[/snapback]

True... Probally so that it can get his coffee started in the morning! XD

Just kidding, that IS a good question.

Edit: Can someone probally answer that?
[snapback]140296[/snapback]

I think he's doing the moter thing because Ed can't use alchemy in the "real" world, because he doesn't have energy source, so he's using the moter energy, tying to make himself use alchemy somehow. But it seems that he failed by looking that his arm melting..sleep.gif;;(But I my be wrong;;)
[snapback]140317[/snapback]

My theory is that since Ed cannot use alchemy in this world, he's just going to use another method to defend or attack: electricity to shock his enemies or something. Not quite sure though. It doesn't make sense why Ed would put his arm back on...

Anyway, the trailer is so awesome! Thank you cutewitch for finding the trailer and sycia for translating it! biggrin.gif

Envy seems happy to see Ed again. rolleyes.gif So far, I think Envy is having the advantage against Ed.

Al H.'s voice is...interesting. Who would have thought that a 17 yr old boy have a voice like that?

BTW, in one of the scenes, is Ed talking to alter!Rose?
lialiakicks
Dude, if Roze (or 'Rose'. whatever rocks your boat) is an "important" character in FMA again, I think I'll cry... >_>
Digitalgirl
*needs address of someone living in japan who will go see the movie*
Otoki Tomoe
*waves some moneys at the lovlies and their camcorders*
Yarr! When it comes to Hagaren, I'm not above a little piracy. (Hell, I have to pirate everything else I can't get here...)

And if you guys seriously do that, I'm sure I won't be the only one who will think of you as their new personal lord and savior. lol tongue.gif

Dude, if Roze (or 'Rose'. whatever rocks your boat) is an "important" character in FMA again, I think I'll cry... >_>

Ditto that! I didn't like her in the manga and I liked her even less in the anime.
Digitalgirl
seriously, who lives in Japan/will be in Japan when the movie airs?
*yes, i want to see the movie that badly. smile.gif *
what is that song in the trailer
Sycia
Hmmm, yeah I'm curious too... what's the song in the trailer? Is it an already existing song?

I live in Japan, but I'm not for doing illegal stuff...
Yume
Hmm..good point..Oh and I forgot blink.gif , thanks for translating this Sycia tongue.gif ! Come to think of it, Roze might appear .. u know, in one of the scenes, Ed was talking to a black haired lady? unsure.gif But just that Roze's hair is a little pink..
AA battery
QUOTE(Guest @ Mar 28 2005, 01:38 AM)
If AL.E is real, I'm gonna say
" AL YOU COPYCAT!! I WONT FORGIVE YOU!"
*tries to kill al*
(thinks of sweetest chibi ever)
*throws away knife*

Seriously, I really hate Al, ever since he doubt Ed after Ed lands in the hosipal in around episode 22 or something. Now, he's too much! Cosplaying cutie chibi!
[snapback]140951[/snapback]

aww that's so mean... you have to consider that he doesn't have a real mind to tell him how to react the right way? ;___: *stabs you* Don't you think my avatar looks adorable? :3 *huggles it*
J 2 D T
wait, the guy in the red coat is al, but then why does he have automail that makes no sense. How'd he lose his arm.
anime_manga_fan
wait, the guy in the red coat is al, but then why does he have automail that makes no sense. How'd he lose his arm.
[snapback]141672[/snapback]

[/quote]

I'm guessing (I've never seen past episode 10, I'm sad yesh...)

When Edward went through the gate, he lost his automail because in the gate, you get your normal limbs back, so whats the point of having automail?

I don't know... Help? Also where's a site where I can get fan-subs of FMA up to the last episode-ish?

Edit: Didn't read the post clearly. I don't know. Maybe Whinry went through the gate too? XP
Agate
what is that song in the trailer

I think that might be the movie opening by l'arc~en~ciel that was mentioned, way back in one of the interviews or at the 'Tales of Another' festival. Only guessing though.
Ballistic Alchemist
go to www.sonchou.com and look for it's irc channel, then you can download all the fansubs you want from the irc bot in the channel.
anime_manga_fan
QUOTE(Ballistic Alchemist @ Mar 29 2005, 12:05 PM)
go to www.sonchou.com and look for it's irc channel, then you can download all the fansubs you want from the irc bot in the channel.
[snapback]141723[/snapback]

Thanks! biggrin.gif
Ballistic Alchemist
QUOTE(J 2 D T @ Mar 29 2005, 11:59 AM)

so does anybody knows about or atleast have a good idea, becuz ive been thinkin bout it myself, still havent found a good reason yet tho.
Agate
the one with automail is Ed. it might be a flash back or something. but the one at the end of the trailer was Al E.
==+ People... HAIR COLOR is teh key to the identity of the Elric brothers!
QUOTE(Guest @ Mar 29 2005, 03:01 PM)
==+ People... HAIR COLOR is teh key to the identity of the Elric brothers!
[snapback]141792[/snapback]

Ed died his hair black once rolleyes.gif
ScarredSweetheart
I blame Winry for that.
MasterKris
I'm getting really confused here with all the post about al dressing up as ed. Can someone explain in simple words?? huh.gif

OFFICIAL MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[spoiler] IT HAS ENVY AS A DRAGON!!!!!!!! Perhaps this could be the major point of the movie. [/spoiler]

WHERE IS ROY, RIZA AND WINRY???

I found out that Ed is in the time period of the Great Depression in Europe. Because with the dates, it is after WW1 but before WW2. Wait, since this is the Great Depression, it is when Hitler ruled Germany!!!!!!!!! ph34r.gif

MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
JehutybladerX
Okay, let's clear things up here. First of all, Ed is in our world in Munich, Germany of 1923 which is two years later after the series. Al, the one from the end of the series is still in their world and is 2 years older now and he wears his hair long like Ed and wears his clothes. Now the person you see with the automail is Ed from a flashback of some sort because you see the metal armor Al also which makes it clear it's not present time. So, Ed is stuck in the other world, and Al is back in his world growing up to be like how Ed was. Envy is stuck in the dragon form because in the other world their is no alchemy and which where the Philosoper's Stone does not exist either. Anymore questions?
Thanks for clearing that up Jehuty, although I highly doubt Envy is "stuck" as a dragon due to a lack of alchemy. Homunculus could never use alchemy in the first place (except for Wrath, because he had human limbs), so he shouldn't have to rely on whether or not alchemy exists in order to change shape.

Although you may still be right regarding him being stuck. He has to get his power from SOMEWHERE in order to change shape, and perhaps that power just isn't available in the other world? Possible, but it's not because there's no alchemy.
Tricia Elric
Aaargh! I can't get the trailer to work. When I click on the link, it's all gobbledy-gook text. (Is it because I am on a Mac, perhaps?) Those little pictures are intriguing, though. Ed looks so grown up! smile.gif
Duo Himura
On the trailer in general, right at the end, you see Ed wearing his hair as he does during the present day clapping his hand together to transmute something, which kinda suggests that he either gets back to their world somehow or finds a way to use alchemy on that side of the gate (after all, if the dead of our side become alchemic power on the other side, why wouldn't the reverse be possible, if unlikely from what we've been told in the series), though that seems pretty unlikely. Just the same, I know that the way he's wearing his hair is pretty bad evidence that that isn't a flashback sequence, but then, the only time he wears his hair like that in the whole series is when he's on our side of the gate, and apparently he still wears his hair like that during the movie, so that's my speculation on this. Although, if those were alchemic symbols on his gloves and not just some weird blur, it seems he may have lost the power to transmute without a circle, though I've no idea why he'd clap his hands together then, so maybe it was just a compression error or something. I would've taken a screenshot of what I was talking about, but the screenshot feature wasn't working for this file, so I couldn't.

And on the thing where someone was apparently saying that that was actually Al, he's definately Ed because Al's eyes are blue, and the guy in the end has Ed's eye color, not quite sure how exactly you'd want to describe it but...

So anyway, sorry if I'm restating something, I'm new so I haven't had a chance to read through the whole thread here yet.
Fullmetal Guy
Al Elric Eyes are brown. The Al in our world is the one with blue eyes. So is almost certain that is Al Elric in the trailer
dzioo
QUOTE(Ballistic Alchemist @ Mar 29 2005, 10:03 PM)
QUOTE(J 2 D T @ Mar 29 2005, 11:59 AM)

so does anybody knows about or atleast have a good idea, becuz ive been thinkin bout it myself, still havent found a good reason yet tho.
[snapback]141743[/snapback]

al doesn't lose his arm. the one with the automail in the trailer is ed from the previous one. look closely, he's got his hair braided. al has a ponytail

Al Elric Eyes are brown. The Al in our world is the one with blue eyes. So is almost certain that is Al Elric in the trailer

that is deffinetely al elric. look at the news that sycia brought us about those postcards added to movie tickets. and also at the movie's official site
Guest_Afura Cielers_*
QUOTE(Fresh_Coffee @ Mar 26 2005, 03:39 PM)
Oh I see ,it's hard to tell because they look so much alike now. Though I can't understand why Alphonse Heiderich would say, "I believed... that (big) brother is alive somewhere out there..." .
[snapback]139714[/snapback]

Maybe Alphonse Heiderich's brother was the Edward who died in that same world. I think it was on either episode 49 or 50. Remember? The Edward from the alchemy world was in a different body; the Edward on the other side of that gate I mean. I don't know... I'm just assuming things XD;;;

But well, that Edward died, right? So just maybe... >__<;;;
Duo Himura
QUOTE(Guest_Afura Cielers_* @ Mar 30 2005, 01:07 PM)
QUOTE(Fresh_Coffee @ Mar 26 2005, 03:39 PM)
Oh I see ,it's hard to tell because they look so much alike now. Though I can't understand why Alphonse Heiderich would say, "I believed... that (big) brother is alive somewhere out there..." .
[snapback]139714[/snapback]

Maybe Alphonse Heiderich's brother was the Edward who died in that same world. I think it was on either episode 49 or 50. Remember? The Edward from the alchemy world was in a different body; the Edward on the other side of that gate I mean. I don't know... I'm just assuming things XD;;;

But well, that Edward died, right? So just maybe... >__<;;;
[snapback]142713[/snapback]

That may be the case, that was why I thought Al's eyes were blue before since he was the one talking about his brother maybe still being alive. Though that would be kinda weird since Hohenheim said that there may be a version of Al somewhere in that world, and if our world's version of Ed was this Al's brother, you think Hohenheim would know for sure since he was apparently living with this world's Ed. Then again, we're probably all over-analyzing this thing anyway...
android#17
First of all, for all those that think that is Ed at the end of the trailer, ur totally wrong. It's definitely Al. For one, the one at the end of the trailer has brown eyes and has light bownish hair. And the transmutation circles on the gloves is proof enough that that person is Al. Al can't make an alchemic tranmutation without a tranmutation circle like Ed. Soooo, Al puts them on the gloves to make it seem like he's Ed.
And the other Ed with automail could actually be the real Ed and not just a memory or a flashback or wartever it is. I mean mybe, just maybe he was able to get back to his world. I don't know, maybe i'm wrong or i might just be right.
Duo Himura
Okay, I think we cleared up the Ed and Al thing. And yeah, it could be after he gets back, which would explain the guy that he's fighting not being anything like anyone Ed and Al fought during the series, but we can't really know for sure.
MasterKris
(except for Wrath, because he had human limbs), so he shouldn't have to rely on whether or not alchemy exists in order to change shape.

Wrath cannot use alchemy anymore because he lost Ed's limbs by Dante. Dante opened the Gate and Wrath lost Ed's limbs. So he cannot use alchemy anymore. By the way, he looks a lot cooler with auto-mail limbs.

Okay, I will get this staight. The Ed in the trailer is actually Al who just happens to look like him. I got freaked out when the Al H. said the word, Nii-san. I was like, huh?? Isn't that the other Al?? Why did he say that?!
I think the story is now pretty much clear. But still confusing. I guess we will just have to watch the movie to understand the story. (I really want to see how Envy will react when he sees Ed)

THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!
YOUR INFORMATION HELPED ME A LOT!!! laugh.gif

Can't wait to download the movie!!!!!! tongue.gif
Oinchinjey
Now i understand now...

Im sure the armor suit in the trailer is Alphonse Elric.
It must be a flashback from the past.
Kirara
I don't think Al H (from our world) was saying brother. I think that was the real Al's voice. I think the trailer was just messing with our head making it sem like it was Al H talking. Al H was probably saying something else in that scene while we hear the Real Al's voice in the background. I am not sure if this makes sense but this is what I think. and I am sticking to it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.