Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Action-packed Movie Trailer Out~
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1) > FMA Conqueror of Shambala Movie
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Sycia
New Movie Trailer!

Credit goes to cutewitch for posting the link to the trailer.

MAJOR Spoilers ahead
Please do not continue on if you haven't seen till the end of the anime series!

-------------------------------

A new trailer of the Fullmetal Alchemist movie: Conqueror of Shambala! This time we actually get to see more of the world the movie is based in, with action sequences. Also, what SEEMS to be the movie's theme song is being played in the background; I don't know what songs L'Arc~en~Ciel have or have not performed, so I cannot confirm this.

NOTE: This trailer was uploaded to the official Japanese movie site (link) along with some other new content, then suddenly removed according to some Japanese bulletin boards, but fortunately, someone saved the trailer JUST in time.

IPB Image

Mirrored Link (trailer)
Original Link (trailer)

Trailer length : 1 min 3 sec
Size: 2.33 mb

Sources:
Original thread by cutewitch

-----------------------------

Translation of everything said in the trailer:

Opening words:

錬金術。
何かを得るためには同等の代価を支払うという
「等価交換の原則」に
基づいて物質を作り変えること

Alchemy:
In order to gain something, another of the same value must be paid / sacrificed
to change the very material of things by
'the law of equivalent exchange'.

鋼の錬金術師;シャンバラを征く者

Fullmetal Alchemist : The movie

Narration:

「そこは、魔術と錬金術の戦場。。。
引き裂かれた二人の兄弟。。。」

"There lies the battlefield of magic and alchemy.
2 brothers torn from each other..."

Alphonse Heiderich:

「信じてた、兄さんは何処かに生きてるって」

"I believed... that (big) brother is alive somewhere out there..."

Narration:

「彼等の痛みは何を得るの代価だったのか?」

"What was the pain of their seperation in exchange for?"

Edward Elric:

「何処まで往っても、ここから逃げられない」

"No matter where (I) go, (I) can't get out of here..."

Narration:

「そして、二人の錬金術は、世界を救えるのか?
劇場版、 鋼の錬金術師;シャンバラを征く者」

"And... can the alchemy of the 2 save the world?
Fullmetal Alchemist the movie; Conqueror of Shambala"

Ending words:

二人の約束の日、世界は動く

On their / the two's promised day, the world will move...

===============================

My apologies if some lines sound weird... I didn't want to compromise the accuracy of direct translation...
Merc
*Absolutely fips out* OMG!!! The movie looks sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo GOOD!!! Thank you so incredibly much for posting the link, and thank you to the person who managed to catch it just in time. The movie definitely looks great, the animation looks phenomenal, and Ed's lookin' pretty fly. XD

...And what's this? Ed using a gun? This will definitely be interesting.

~Merc
Fresh_Coffee
At the end is that Al or Ed? This is getting me hyped up.
Sycia
Fresh Coffee: The guy in the red coat? I'm pretty sure that's Al... I can see the arrays / alchemy symbols on his gloves like in the postcards I scanned up (or in the picture on the official movie site).
Fresh_Coffee
Oh I see ,it's hard to tell because they look so much alike now. Though I can't understand why Alphonse Heiderich would say, "I believed... that (big) brother is alive somewhere out there..." .
Sycia
Oh, for Heiderich, I'm almost sure he's referring to his OWN bigger brother (I think I read somewhere he has an older brother who was involved in the war or something).
Merc
Maybe Al H. is discussing about some sort of brother he has? It's odd because it's not mentioned in any of the Newtype articles so far that he has a brother.

~Merc
sharpieaddicted
how do i see a asf file?
</newbie>

edit;
thanks merc!!
that was so excitinggg!!!!!!!!
that made my day.
Merc
Windows Media Player, or Quicktime (depending).

~Merc
Yukina_Raven
*Flips out with Merc* WWWWWAAAIIIII! XDDDDD

Okay, I'm done. ^^; Oh no, wait... THANKS SO MUCH SYCIA! *Huggles*

Okay, now I'm done. This is TOO cruel... giving us such teasings and making us wait so long (espically us because we have to wait until the movie can be fansubbed and put online) Argh! This. Looks. So. Cool. One of my fears was that the movie would be set only in 'our world', but it appears unture considering that little bit with the end that showed Al cosplaying as Ed. laugh.gif

And it looks like there will be plenty of action. WOOT! I'm so hyper now about this! Darn the wait! >_<
Sycia
^_^; Don't thank me. Thank cutewitch. She was the one who gave the link to the trailer~
lialiakicks
*Uh, my ramblings contain spoilers (like most of the posts in this topic), so please DON'T READ if ya don't want spoilers!!! Thanks. *

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! >_<
THANK YOU cutewitch AND Sycia!!! I LUV YOU!!!!!!!!!! :3 *glomps*

*tries to calms down while jumping up and down* What the?! That's Al in the red coat at the end?! HOLY CRAP!!! They look EXACTLY alike! O_O Dude, man...

Oh! And the whole Al H. and this "I believed... that (big) brother is alive somewhere out there..." thing... Do you think he's referring to the 'Our World' Ed that died in the plane crash in episode 50? (But that Edward was in London, so I'm not completely sure of them being related...) O_O Just a thought.
Sycia
QUOTE(lialiakicks @ Mar 27 2005, 09:22 AM)
Oh! And the whole Al H. and this "I believed... that (big) brother is alive somewhere out there..." thing... Do you think he's referring to the 'Our World' Ed that died in the plane crash in episode 50? (But that Edward was in London, so I'm not completely sure of them being related...) O_O Just a thought.
[snapback]139763[/snapback]

That's interesting, but I think he'd treat Ed more like a brother if that were the case... ^^;

Don't thank me really, it's cutewitch who I'm grateful to! Do drop her a message : )
Fullmetal Fangirl
OH MI GOSH! ....wait

Why was their two Als? Armor Al and Human Al in that? I saw Al clapping his hands with a transmutation circle on them and touching....ARMOR AL blink.gif

And whats with the two Eds?

Well over all, that wasnt so bad...love that dragon....thing, wasnt that Envy?
Plus, Ed had a new type of Auto-Mail put on, YAY.

Next time....there HAS to be a Roy and Riza in that...!
Sycia
Just to clarify things:

Guy in red coat = Al of the Hagaren world. He now dresses to be Ed for some reason. Look in thisthread to see him in that attire.

Purely speculation on my part, but I'm beginning to think Al has a reason for cosplaying Ed... when we see him in the trailer, he seems to be doing alchemy on an armor (the one he was sealed into?), which is why I think that 'armor' is nothing but something to make his performance as Ed more real by travelling with it as a 'companion'. Maybe he's posing as Ed to gain information on how to go through the Gate.... oo
Hagane no Renzy
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

LUV LUV LUV!!!

*kalmz down*

WOW too bad I don't live in Japan. Heh. The SECOND it's out fansubbed, I dun care how long it'll take to download. So interesting!!! Ooooooo...

I'm wondering if there's any Winry in this movie? huh.gif

I'm sad though! Seeing Al dress like his brother and a fake Al armor, is...
creepy!!! He better not've gone insane of sorrow...
Reluna
HOORAY! That made me even more impatient than I already am.
Fullmetal Fangirl
But whats with armor Al?
Yukina_Raven
Perhaps a flashback?
anime_manga_fan
QUOTE(Sycia @ Mar 26 2005, 03:34 PM)
Fresh Coffee: The guy in the red coat? I'm pretty sure that's Al... I can see the arrays / alchemy symbols on his gloves like in the postcards I scanned up (or in the picture on the official movie site).
[snapback]139710[/snapback]

I paused on the section with the dude in the red cloak. Its not Al tell you that much. I looked at the symbol very closely and it isn't his. It could be Al H.'s though... I'M CONFUSED!!! blink.gif
Sycia
QUOTE(anime_manga_fan @ Mar 27 2005, 11:27 AM)
I paused on the section with the dude in the red cloak. Its not Al tell you that much. I looked at the symbol very closely and it isn't his. It could be Al H.'s though... I'M CONFUSED!!!  :blink:
[snapback]139875[/snapback]

It's Al, refer to the pictures
http://www.fullmetal-alchemist.com:81/foru...?showtopic=3998
here and
http://www.shochiku.co.jp/hagaren
-Kr!zY-
heeeee heeee!!!XD thanks so much,Sycia!!!!!!XD-and cutewitch^^!!!!!!! i havent watched it yet(still downloading), but i know it'll be wicked!!!XD *looks at computer* only 1min 52 seconds to go!!! lol^^
anime_manga_fan
QUOTE(Sycia @ Mar 26 2005, 06:30 PM)
QUOTE(anime_manga_fan @ Mar 27 2005, 11:27 AM)
I paused on the section with the dude in the red cloak. Its not Al tell you that much. I looked at the symbol very closely and it isn't his. It could be Al H.'s though... I'M CONFUSED!!!  blink.gif
[snapback]139875[/snapback]

It's Al, refer to the pictures
http://www.fullmetal-alchemist.com:81/foru...?showtopic=3998
here and
http://www.shochiku.co.jp/hagaren
[snapback]139880[/snapback]

Is it Al Elric. Or Al H.?
Envy's lil' miniskirt
QUOTE(Sycia @ Mar 26 2005, 02:41 PM)
Oh, for Heiderich, I'm almost sure he's referring to his OWN bigger brother (I think I read somewhere he has an older brother who was involved in the war or something).
[snapback]139716[/snapback]

I think......

[spoiler]
His brother may have been the one that Ed fell into when he went through the gate the first time in episode 50. The one that was crushed by the zepplin perhaps.
[/spoiler]
Sycia
The Al wearing the red coat is Alphonse Elric

QUOTE(Envy's lil' miniskirt @ Mar 27 2005, 11:34 AM)
I think......

[spoiler]
His brother may have been the one that Ed fell into when he went through the gate the first time in episode 50. The one that was crushed by the zepplin perhaps.
[/spoiler]
[snapback]139887[/snapback]

Maybe, but I think he'd be treating Ed more of a brother if that were the case... (nothing written about how Heiderich sees Ed in the magazines, but it did say Heiderich feels weird suddenly having a total stranger treating HIM as a brother).

So... I think not...
Envy's lil' miniskirt
QUOTE(Sycia @ Mar 26 2005, 05:35 PM)
The Al wearing the red coat is Alphonse Elric

QUOTE(Envy's lil' miniskirt @ Mar 27 2005, 11:34 AM)
I think......

[spoiler]
[/spoiler]
[snapback]139887[/snapback]

Maybe, but I think he'd be treating Ed more of a brother if that were the case... (nothing written about how Heiderich sees Ed in the magazines, but it did say Heiderich feels weird suddenly having a total stranger treating HIM as a brother).

So... I think not...
[snapback]139888[/snapback]

We will just have to wait and see.
omg yay!!! biggrin.gif

i want to see this movie in the theaters so badly. argh, too bad that won't happen unless i magically get to japan this summer (and learn japanese) XD
lialiakicks
(Okay Sycia! I'll try to send her a PM!)

BTW Sycia... After watching the trailer 20 times within 3 hrs, I begant o wander teh same thing. Maybe Al really is cosplaying Ed and using alchemy to make 'his armour' move is just for show. I mean, it would make sense... Maybe Al disguised himself to look thru the old military records...? No wait- that can't be right. Everyone in the militia think that Ed is still missing.... RIGHT? O_O

Help me Sycia! >_< I'm too dumb to figure this crap out! GAH! *dies* X_X
Oinchinjey
http://www.fullmetal-alchemist.com:81/foru...?showtopic=2181

But the last trailer, Ed do not look like Al. He also has a auto mail.
This make me confuse...
KevLar
Thank you cutewitchwub.gif
cutewitch
oops, just found that i do not have permission to post in this site:( so will have to post another update in character discussion~~any sama has any clue?
PinkStarz
Am I the only one that finds Al's recycled dressing a bit creepy?
Agate
yea i thought so too. i had to do a double-take just to make sure i wasn't hallucinating Oo
telepika
Maybe Ed was posing as Al H.'s older brother, then in that part in the trailer, Ed just told Al H. that he isn't his brother, but that's not very Ed-like.

Either that or Al H.'s brother looks nothing like Ed, because I don't think Ed will hang out with Al H. knowing that he killed his older brother...

[spoiler]When the zepplin fell on the Ed counterpart.[/spoiler]

That would cause too much pain for Ed, but Ed does carry a lot of pain...

Basically, I know nothing. And if this whole speculation made you confused, then I apologize. biggrin.gif

Kase: Edited the spoiler tag for you. tongue.gif
Kiwi
*__________* That...looks...so....COOL!!! I can't wait, I CAN'T WAIT!!!
Cutewitch, Sycia, thank you SOOO MUCH! ^_______^
But Al cosplaying Ed is creepy O__o And how can he do that if he doesn't remember anything about his brother (after the transmutation of their mother, I mean), or their journey, or him being a suit of armor...Confusing O___o'''
Edo-mame
Thnx Sycia! So it is true, Al is cosplaying Edo sad.gif Really, he was cuter looking like himself(not that the stolen look is that bad), but you can't blame him since he misses his nii-san so much(it's a bit odd to see still). As for knowing how Edo looked, it's likely people around him told him when he asked about his brother. Did anyone else besides me think that the part where you hear Al talk is really Al and not Heiderich? My theory is that they want to confuse people and make people think about the possibility of Heiderich's older brother. But if it really is the Heiderich Al saying that then could his brother be the one that [spoiler]had a zeppelin fall on him while Edo was in his body[/spoiler]? That would be too much of a coincidense for the Al of "our world" to be the younger brother of the Edo of "our world". This could mean that the people of "our world" that resemble the cast from "Edo's world" are related to each other in the same way so the possibilty of a Hughes look-alike being the husband of the lodge manager( looks like Gracia) is very high?

Also, at the end when Al was clapping to do a transmutation, I really thought he remembered seeing "the truth" but upon closer inspection there are arrays on the gloves(but then why clap? Kimbly didn't need to, maybe for nostalgia?They are really teasing us aren't they). And how exactly can Edo fight that serpent(Envy?) now? At least his not as good as autoamail limbs aren't making him limp.
dzioo
thank you whoever posted that trailer here!!
i thing that everyone is confused abot al h. having an older brother, amour apearinig out of nowhere and why al e. is dressing up like his bother. but i have another worr. why ed says that no matter where he goes he cannot get out of there?? i hpe he won't lose his hope:(
IronFlame
Didn't you read the whole first post?
"Credit goes to cutewitch for posting the link to the trailer."
MitsukiKouyama
And how can he do that if he doesn't remember anything about his brother (after the transmutation of their mother, I mean), or their journey, or him being a suit of armor...Confusing O___o'''

I thought about that, too. O_o

I'm guessing that one of these 2 things is possible:
1. The scenes with armor Al are flashbacks.
2. Somehow by the end of the movie, Ed and Al will be back to how they are in the series.

Also, has anyone else noticed that the black shirt that Al wears looks slightly different from Ed's? Ed had that metal bar thingy at the collar (except near the end of the series, where his shirt collar looks like this), and Al's is a button-up shirt.
Edward-Fan
Wow, thank you very much, cutewitch, for saving us this incredible new movie trailer!!!
It really is a pain that we have to wait so long till both brothers reunite again. Their happiness finally meeting each other after such a long time being apart must be overwhelming! happy.gif

I'm wondering what that engine-like right arm of Ed means? huh.gif
Maybe he needs to start the "motor" before being able to move his hand freely??
anime_manga_fan
QUOTE(Edward-Fan @ Mar 27 2005, 10:19 AM)
I'm wondering what that engine-like right arm of Ed means?  huh.gif
[snapback]140287[/snapback]

True... Probally so that it can get his coffee started in the morning! XD

Just kidding, that IS a good question.

Edit: Can someone probally answer that?
nara1961
QUOTE(anime_manga_fan @ Mar 27 2005, 10:40 AM)
QUOTE(Edward-Fan @ Mar 27 2005, 10:19 AM)
I'm wondering what that engine-like right arm of Ed means?  huh.gif
[snapback]140287[/snapback]

True... Probally so that it can get his coffee started in the morning! XD

Just kidding, that IS a good question.

Edit: Can someone probally answer that?
[snapback]140296[/snapback]

I think he's doing the moter thing because Ed can't use alchemy in the "real" world, because he doesn't have energy source, so he's using the moter energy, tying to make himself use alchemy somehow. But it seems that he failed by looking that his arm melting..sleep.gif;;(But I my be wrong;;)
hagane_no_tokage
w00t~! i am SO seein' the movie like 8 times in august~! *dances a happy dance of glee* bwahaha, syciasama, i'll definitely help you out with a summary. i'm going to try and find my old mini taperecorder so i can record some of the lines from the movie. i make no promises (i haven't seen that old lcunker for years~) but i can try and make some soundclip mp3's. ^.^

movie...looks....so.......*awesome*~!!! *dies*
Oinchinjey
The movie look really good ^^!.
But i live in canada, i might wait much more longer...
Damn, i wish i could go to Japan.
Sycia
QUOTE(hagane_no_tokage @ Mar 28 2005, 04:51 AM)
movie...looks....so.......*awesome*~!!!  *dies*
[snapback]140324[/snapback]

deshou.... DESHOU?!?!?!?!! *squeeeee*

I was spazzing even while translating the lines... >_______< *still so 'KYAAAA' everytime I see the trailer*

tokage-dono: ^_^ I'll try and figure out if my Creative Zen Micro can record audio too... *hopes no one near her finds out about the illegal activity muahaha... :X*
Hagane no Renzy
Well, does anyone have any ideas of when the Fansub will come out? Like, about how many weeks/months (<hopefully not) after the movie's release?

I can't stop thinking about it! The brothers...reunited!!! (hopefully) (dies at the thought of that fact not being so...)
sushi-girl-27
QUOTE(Hagane no Renzy @ Mar 27 2005, 02:17 PM)
Well, does anyone have any ideas of when the Fansub will come out? Like, about how many weeks/months (<hopefully not) after the movie's release?

I can't stop thinking about it! The brothers...reunited!!! (hopefully) (dies at the thought of that fact not being so...)
[snapback]140344[/snapback]

It will surely take months... I mean in Canada you have to wait at least six months for a movie tp become a DVD, then someone has to buy it, create a RAW file or whatever (dunno anything about fansubs...) Then it will surely be on the internet. So yeah, we might have to wait till 2006 to get it... sad.gif
Kinbari-chan
I can't wait to see this movie!!...actually I'm just looking forward to reading a summary of it. The trailer was awesome...it makes me want to know what happens even more, but I guess we will all have to wait till it's released. Hopefully someone snags it and puts out a fansub whenever it's released on DVD in Japan.
Hopefully Shochiku will put english subtitles on the fma movie DVD like they did with some others like Casshern biggrin.gif
WAHHH! this is the best news i have ever seen as of NOW!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.