Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Fma Movie Trailer Screenshot!
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1) > FMA Conqueror of Shambala Movie
Pages: 1, 2
cutewitch
is here!

ed is still a little melancholic, tho~~when can envy be our black-bean again???

the source is from this forum ad credit is given to monkeyhhk-san:)

here is the trailer:)New trailer!

oops, i forgot where i got this-but will amend it when i have found where i got the source! thanks for now to the unknown SUPER SUPER SUPER saver!
Sycia
*sparkles* This is going into the News Section~ (credit given of course) with translations....

.... those goes my sleeptime.
Sonic-Teal
Cool, I better get out my Japenese-English Dictonary here. Hrm Domo Aragoto Mr. Roboto means thank you mr robot. Kuinichua means hello, and all that other stuff don't know.
cutewitch
source said that it was on the official site and then was removed for no reason~~
//salute to sycia-san!
//the fma festival also looks *cool* XD

QUOTE(Sycia @ Mar 26 2005, 01:46 PM)
*sparkles* This is going into the News Section~ (credit given of course) with translations....

.... those goes my sleeptime.
[snapback]139686[/snapback]

Sycia
Yes, I actually heard of the official movie page being updated with new content, then suddenly taken down too... Thank goodness for whoever saved the trailer! :D

And thank YOU for sharing the link with us cutewitch~! ^O^ *leaping around room like an idiot now*
Merc
You'll find my response in the news section's post, but thanks a ton cutewitch for keeping an eye out and giving us the 411 on the new trailer. Awsome screenshots as well!

~Merc
anime_manga_fan
The new trailer is cool! I so want to see the movie now... *cries*

Anywho I checked out the trailer from the site. Its still up. biggrin.gif

EDIT: The trailer is still up, just not the character information... tongue.gif
Sycia
? The new trailer? I don't see it up anywhere on the official movie site...
cutewitch
BTW--what do u think about that our world al's voice? sounds like a grown woman--sad.gif or did i hear it wrong?
Spectacal
Rwar biggrin.gif This is wonderful news!
I just hope they put the trailer back on the website. The download on the main page won't play for me tongue.gif
shardypsykoelf
No, Al's voice is done by a woman, as is Ed's. I guess they thought it would ruin the character if they changed it. *shrugs*

@Spectacal: If you download the mirror version, it should play.
cutewitch
? i just double-checked the link and it works. just right click and choose save as:)

QUOTE(Spectacal @ Mar 26 2005, 04:55 PM)
Rwar  biggrin.gif This is wonderful news!
I just hope they put the trailer back on the website. The download on the main page won't play for me  tongue.gif
[snapback]139843[/snapback]

anime_manga_fan
I went to the official Movie Site, and they had it at 4:00 p.m. pst. Guess they took it off. In other words IT RAWKS!!! *goes beserk*
Spectacal
*feels stupid and tries again*
Envy's lil' miniskirt
Thanks for sharing that is awsome.

I want to know what the hell Ed is doing with his arm? And I hope Envy's not a dragon through the whole film. I want my eye candy too dammit!
Sycia
T_T Same here~ I like dragons, but I like Envy as himself too...
Shinri
I wonder why Al is dressed up in Ed's old outfit huh.gif I'm really excited though. I swear the wait for this movie is going to kill me!

...I wonder if Kugimiya Rie will do the voice of the "other" Al...
TheVileOne
In the trailer it looked like Ed had transmutation circles on the palms of his gloves. This leads me to believe that most of the movie takes place in OUR world and Ed has figured out a way to harness alchemy much like the way he is used to. But he still needs the physically drawn circles.
Kiwi
QUOTE(TheVileOne @ Mar 27 2005, 09:45 AM)
In the trailer it looked like Ed had transmutation circles on the palms of his gloves.  This leads me to believe that most of the movie takes place in OUR world and Ed has figured out a way to harness alchemy much like the way he is used to.  But he still needs the physically drawn circles.
[snapback]140175[/snapback]

You mean at the end of the trailer? I think that wasn't Ed, that was Al cosplaying Ed ^^''
filimonovna
Oh, my god!!!!!!! This trailer is awesome! It makes me want to watch the movie much more!!!

And in the end of the trailer.. It really was Al cosplaying Ed! But then I'm a bit confused - the Ed in red coat and with Ed's automail - it's truly Ed, isn't it? I'm so confused... So many different Eds and Als... I want to watch the movie *cries*
Ryuu
Aiee, thank you! ^^
Thanks For The Link Cuteswitch!! biggrin.gif
Uchiha_Itachi
This was an awesome trailer! biggrin.gif
Sonic-Teal
There is still hope. I have just ordered an English-Japenese dictonary, my old one was Japenese-English I feel so stupied.
TheVileOne
Wait...so how do you know its Al cosplaying as Ed?
angieness
Thank you for the trailer! ^^ To answer the question about knowing Al is wearing Ed's clothes
http://www.fullmetal-alchemist.com:81/foru...topic=3998&st=0
look at the pretty pictures in this thread ^^

I wanna know what song is playing, it's nice
Kao
Al must be dressing like his brother in his honor?....

Heres a screenshot i took, looks like a woman?
wink.gif Hmm i dont think thats Al in the trailer, if you look really close at the eyes, you can see that they're yellow (ed=yellow, al=gray)
xrninja
QUOTE(Guest @ Mar 27 2005, 05:33 PM)
wink.gif  Hmm i dont think thats Al in the trailer, if you look really close at the eyes, you can see that they're yellow (ed=yellow, al=gray)
[snapback]140652[/snapback]

actually, they're more of a yellowish-gray brown. and the last red-coat guy in the trailer is definitely al. the bangs are al's, and the black coat is different from ed's. ed's hair is also more blond.
laugh.gif lol now i see, al's shirt is button down (ed's isn't) ... but that would mean ed is in the suit of armor and thats just getting wierd blink.gif
cutewitch
i have a question after watching it again this nite: who's the girl ed is talking to? was that dante or...?
Kagebu
Clearing up the different Als and Eds confusion...

[SPOILER]Every Ed we see in the preview has to be the Edward from the Alchemy world, because he already used up the life of the Edward from our world whenever he made it back to his world after Dante sent him over to ours (where he met his father and was killed underneath the zeppelin). Yeesh, this is quite convoluted...

Okay... Alphonse with blue eyes and light blonde hair is Alphonse Heiderich, the Alphonse of our world and not the one from the world of alchemy. He's the one who says "I believe... that my older brother is alive somewhere" and is the only Alphonse who has a line in the movie trailer. I wouldn't be surprised if he was talking about the Edward of our world who Alchemy Edward used to bring himself back into his world after being killed by the zeppelin.

When we see the person who claps his hands together at the end of the trailer, that is the Alphonse we have come to know, the Alchemy Alphonse: Alphonse Elric. He has always had dark brown/orange colored eyes, and since he's using alchemy, it's pretty obvious who it is.[/SPOILER]

And that woman who Ed was raising his hand to. Well, I doubt it's Dante, because he seemed quite genial to that person. To me, the back of the head of that person looked a great deal like the back of Roze's head :/ (not the Roze from alchemy world, but as if it were the "Roze" from our world) but maybe that's just unintentional and what I want to see.
Sorry if this was already mentioned somewhere, but does anybody have the info on the song playing in the trailer/where it can be found?

Thanks XOXO
Kagebu
Well, to me, it sounds like the group singing this song is L'arc en Ciel. I haven't heard every last one of their songs, but it is almost certainly not going to be a song that has been previously released.

As a means of advertizing a new upcoming single, movies and anime will adopt that band's song as a means of advertizing. The song will likely be heard first in full on the movie, and then released by L'arc en Ciel some time after the movie's release in Japan. Basically, the song isn't out yet and you can't get it just yet. After the movie comes out, you'll probably be able to find it somewhere for download or better yet, at an import site where you can buy it for yourself.
Otoki Tomoe
QUOTE(Kao @ Mar 27 2005, 05:07 PM)

Man... if that's Roze there's going to be some popcorn flying at the screen! mad.gif

*kicks her in the back of the head while Edo isn't looking*

Oh, Kagebu, you made perfect sense! And if all you said really is the case, I'm very curious to see how it'll play out.

... must... see... this movie NOW! O_O Erg, the suspense will kill me before it even comes out!
filimonovna
It's not Rose, if it was her, we would be able to see her pink hair from that perspective.
Steel Alchemist
Oh goody I can't wait to for it come out in the US! It will probably be a year or two though.
Tobu Ishi
Whoa. In some of those screenshots, it appears that Ed (or, to be fair, since you can't see the face, maybe someone dressed exactly like him) is pulling a string of some kind out of the broken elbow of a prosthesis (it's not automail, it's hollow instead of full of wires and things). But in others, he's gazing at his inexplicably restored /human/ right hand!

...something is up here. ^^ *curious*
Kagebu
When I said "Roze," I meant that it would be the Roze of our world, not the one in the world of alchemy. If you notice, they have different hair colorations and styles in the adjacent world to the alchemy one. Alphonse Heiderich has light blonde hair while Alphonse Elric has a dark blonde or light brown tone. Not to mention that Al Heiderich has blue eyes while Al Elric has brown/orange colored eyes. It's possible that the woman Ed is lifting his hand to is the other Roze in our world. That was what I was getting at, because she probably wouldn't have the pink bangs.

On Ed's new prosthetics though, you can see soon after Edward cranks up his mechanical arm, in the scene following it Ed's "skin" is being burned through by the heat and wild electricity given off by the mechanical prosthetic that it was fit around (this scene appears to be earlier in the movie timeline because the arm is still whole, while when he is cranking it up the arm stops at the elbow socket.)

I'm guessing that Ed has new prosthetics built as close to functional as possible, which is quite impressive considering how he's still in our world in the late 1910's. It's also as if there was a thick layer of imitation flesh fit around his mechanical arm, as well... maybe because he needs to keep the advanced technology hidden lest he be more of an oddity than he already is.
i have a question--i know why al in munich does not have his limbs because of equal exchange--but when al came to london first, he did not lose an arm or leg--how come?
Okay, I'm just surfing through this site.

One question, though: Why is Al dressed like Ed? I might just not be making the mental connections... but it just seems sort of odd to me. Would Al really become that obsessed with Ed?
I've just seen people confirm it was Al, but not specify why. I'm just curious.
ScarredSweetheart
Huh. Well, If Ed only started waering the red coat during the 4 years that Al forgot. . Then maybe he found them in Ed's old closet or something. And you have to admit, it is a good look.
I guess. But still, it's just a bit strange. I actually prefer him without the ponytail... it just seems a bit to obsessive or something to me. I wanted to see what Al made of himsef, and I really didn't expect him to dress like Ed o_o;
fullmetal_gradstudent
Here's my theory on why Al is dressed like Ed, although it's certainly a longshot:

We know that most of the friends of the Elric brothers know about Ed's disappearance, but that doesn't mean it's common knowledge....

Maybe Al's posing as Ed for strategic reasons (e.g., to put Ed's fame to good use, keep the perks of a state alchemist, something along those lines). In that last shot it looks like someone's posing as armor Al too. Perhaps Al's trying to ferret out remaining bad guys? (After all, we're not totally sure whether Dante may still be around somewhere.)
cutewitch
hmm, i wonder whether he wants to cross the GATE by transferring his soul on sth~~ anyone has seen any talking boombox? XD

QUOTE(fullmetal_gradstudent @ Mar 31 2005, 06:42 PM)
Here's my theory on why Al is dressed like Ed, although it's certainly a longshot:

We know that most of the friends of the Elric brothers know about Ed's disappearance, but that doesn't mean it's common knowledge....

Maybe Al's posing as Ed for strategic reasons (e.g., to put Ed's fame to good use, keep the perks of a state alchemist, something along those lines).  In that last shot it looks like someone's posing as armor Al too.  Perhaps Al's trying to ferret out remaining bad guys?  (After all, we're not totally sure whether Dante may still be around somewhere.)
[snapback]143958[/snapback]

QUOTE(cutewitch @ Mar 26 2005, 02:39 PM)
is here!

http://album.hevnet.cn/upload/gaysgayss/bi...32620752703.JPG

ed is still a little melancholic, tho~~when can envy be our black-bean again???

the source is from this forum ad credit is given to monkeyhhk-san:)
[snapback]139683[/snapback]

Chiyo
I suppose that is mildly interesting.....

HOLY CRAP!

Phew, ok I'm good now. I love people who save things.
Knives122
you know I dont believe the person clapping his hands at the end of the trailer is Al, if you look at the hair(of the person clapping his hands)(pictures above) there is a little strand that comes up(in the front), Ed had that thing the entire series, now the Ed we know in our world has that same part.

so I think its Ed and not Al and thats my final thought

btw I dont think Envy will be changing back, just b/c of that whole "rule" thing
Chiyo
Ah but its only that flick of hair that looks like Ed. The hair/eye colour isn't the same, niether is the clothing (exactly) and well we know where Ed is.

I'd guess the whole idea is that you think its Ed.

Oh Christ, I just noticed the girl! If that is Rose I may just scream bloody murder. You cannot have her in this film too much...of all people!!
NeoKakashi
Someone tell me, why do you all think that's Al? We see Ed fighting some guy, and he's in his old clothing and uses Alchemy.

Maybe that part and the one where he's clapping is just Ed. I mean, we see Al in his armor body, so there's some odd flashbacks from events we don't see in the series, or something.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.