Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Movie Postcard Scans *spoilerish*
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1) > FMA Conqueror of Shambala Movie
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Sycia
Somewhat SPOILERISH. Please do not scroll any further if you've not seen till the end of the series...

This didn't seem to go into the News section so... here.

After an hour and a half of lining up in the cold morning, I got my hands on the postcards. ^_^ Warning: a little spoilerish. Also, I usually don't do this kinda thing, but since someone will post copies of these scans later on anyway, I might as well show em now.

IPB Image

Ed : http://gallery.minitokyo.net/view/96535/
Roy : http://gallery.minitokyo.net/view/96537/
Al : http://gallery.minitokyo.net/view/96539/
Hawkeye : http://gallery.minitokyo.net/view/96542/

Discuss the new character designs~ *drools at Ed* Especially Al since he's.... got a totally new look o_O

Note: I didn't bother scanning in the last postcard just yet since the official movie site already has that picture on the main page...

Feel free to mirror the downloads for those who don't have a MiniTokyo account (or don't have enough levels)... just remember to give credit for scanning please~ ^_~
AA battery
o_O there is something distrubing about Ed's positioning/camera view on that picture...

Ed and Al look like twins o______O;; (if Ed is still that short xD and put his red jacket back on)

Roy and Riza look sooo kewl~

Thanks for sharing, you are the best Sycia! biggrin.gif
Sycia
QUOTE(armor-alchemist @ Mar 26 2005, 01:59 PM)
o_O there is something distrubing about Ed's positioning/camera view on that picture...
[snapback]139200[/snapback]

:X I have to agree. Can we say... uke? :X
But still! Sexiness!!!!! *drools*

*wonders when or HOW Al grew that antenna...*
-Kr!zY-
*stares* O.o ohh cool!! XD thanks for sharing those, Sycia!^^
yeah, Eds pose does seem abit.........hmn.......strange?.....but he's still cool!!!and looks so grown up too! hee hee :p
Kao
I swear, Ed has done a great job about being a role model to his younger brother. Yup. I noticed there was something strange with Alphonse, I thought he was Ed at first, but i notice his bangs are shorter then Eds. I always wondered how Alphonse would look like when he would grow up..

And i'm still spazzing about how hot Al looks like... Hes gonna get some attention now. ''
Kast
Ed an Al look a lot alike...
Le Monkey
Love you Sycia!!!!
Fresh_Coffee
@________@ Al and Ed look the same , Riza still looks same after two years but then again what did I expect? XD Thanks Sycia I hope you weren't too cold.
shardypsykoelf
THAT'S AL!?!?! O.O!!

For some reason I always thought his hair was a little more...brownish.....

Ed looks....suggestive.... X3!!
cutewitch
kudos to sycia! wooo, looking forward to the MOVIE!!!

QUOTE(Sycia @ Mar 25 2005, 07:41 PM)
Somewhat SPOILERISH. Please do not scroll any further if you've not seen till the end of the series...

This didn't seem to go into the News section so... here.

After an hour and a half of lining up in the cold morning, I got my hands on the postcards. happy.gif Warning: a little spoilerish. Also, I usually don't do this kinda thing, but since someone will post copies of these scans later on anyway, I might as well show em now.

IPB Image

Ed : http://gallery.minitokyo.net/view/96535/
Roy : http://gallery.minitokyo.net/view/96537/
Al : http://gallery.minitokyo.net/view/96539/
Hawkeye : http://gallery.minitokyo.net/view/96542/

Discuss the new character designs~ *drools at Ed* Especially Al since he's.... got a totally new look o_O

Note: I didn't bother scanning in the last postcard just yet since the official movie site already has that picture on the main page...

Feel free to mirror the downloads for those who don't have a MiniTokyo account (or don't have enough levels)... just remember to give credit for scanning please~ ^_~
[snapback]139184[/snapback]

angieness
Thank yooouuu! You reak of awesomeness! Oh man I want to cut off Al's ponytail, he looks way better with short hair! And poor Roy, was hoping he didn't have to keep the eyepatch but I guess that adds to the mysteriousness or something heh And Riza looks awesome even though she looks the same! heh
Shinsei Kage
O.o Nice pic, Sycia, thanks! Ed looks kinda...suggestive. Rawr. XD

And Roy doesn't look half bad with that eyepatch on, now that I really take a better look. Not bad at all. Riza looks awesome, and Al certainly has changed! I personally think he looks better without the ponytail, but eh. I think he'd look nice with the same outfit as in the picture, but without the ponytail, and with a blue coat instead of a red one. Ohhhh yeah. X3

As for the other pics....*wishes her account on minitokyo had enough levels.* T_T
Quistis88
Ohh, Ed looks nice in that dress shirt. biggrin.gif

Roy and the eyepatch. *sighs*

Riza is great as usual.

Somehow, Al can't pull of the Little Red Riding Hood look. Ed looked better in red. Al even has an antenna now. biggrin.gif
Yukina_Raven
Ed = SEXINESS!!!! XDDD Seriously, there's something about that picture of him that's just... just... *Drooooool*

And Al misses his brother so much he's decided to cosplay as him. laugh.gif But seriously, that's funny how Al looks nearly identical to Ed in that picture. Except taller... XD *Runs*
Sycia
Someone over at an LJ community did mention that the ranks (or lack of them) on Roy and Riza suggests they got demoted... HMMMMMMMM.... *ponders*

From what I can see Roy only has 1 star on him in the postcard. Riza doesn't seem to have anything on her (meaning.... a private?!)

PS: :o Roy looks too good with the eyepatch~
Ailuro
I wonder if Al becomes a State Alchemist just like his brother. Will he be called the Armored Alchemist if he does? o_o

Al! Cut that ponytail off this second! >_<
AA battery
o_O demoted? that would... suck ;___;

*that Ed pic is bugging me more... and more...*

shardypsykoelf: But then in manga, Ed and Al are supposed to have identical hair and eye color (but then in episode 11 that... mugmar dude or sth said "the Elric brothers have golden eyes and hair o_O Al = armor?)... so I think it's okay that those postcard made his head lighter? (... don't tell me that Al even DYED his hair to make himself look more like Ed... scary... o_O I think he looks better in that light brown-ish hair than golden tho tongue.gif) and yea, I think Al is better off without that ponytail too ^^;
Sycia
armor-alchemist: Oh, Al's hair is still brown... just that I had to make some adjustments to the scan to get rid of the noise, so it turned out looking lighter... >_<;
Merc
We've been talking heavily about it over at the RoyAi LJ community and what we can determine so far is that Roy's been demoted to either Sergeant or Corporal. Someone suggested about 8 ranks. You can tell from the shoulder strap that says his rank since it only has one stripe (instead of 3) and either two or three stars. Two stars means Corporal, three stars means Sergeant.

I think it's pretty much assumed that Riza's been demoted down to private. We can't get a shot at her shoulder but we know she was demoted, albiet not as severely (although you can't get any lower than private).

~Merc
Kasumi
It looks like Merc beat me to posting about the rank thing. tongue.gif
Yes, that worries me. There are no stripes AT ALL on Roy's shoulders. (But I think I can make out 2 stars there...)

Please tell me it's a slip up on Bones' part and not that Roy was not demoted by 8 or so ranks.... sad.gif

EDIT: After staring at the pic for another good long while and considering the fact that it wasn't a perfectly good shot of the insignia, it's still entirely possible that Roy is STILL a Brigadier General. The only missing things are two thin blue stripes to the side... Who knows, maybe those blue stripes are there, and just blended in with the shoulder part of the uniform. *nods* Yup, that's got to be it. Roy was not demoted. He can't be. I refuse to believe Roy was demoted.
Fullmetal Fangirl
Looks like someones in a mood (Riza).

Can she at least smile, cmon Riza, ya one of the best chicks in the show, at least.smile.for.us.please *clenched teeth*

and do you mean...that they've been moved down? As in...oh geez you know what I mean! Thats crap! So hes not taisa andymore and she aint chuui...*kills who ever's closest*
Chibi Viki
WHEEEEEEEE!!!! This means Roy and Riza WILL be in the movie! I was afraid they weren't since Ed, the main character, isn't exactly in the same place as they are and the possibility was there.

about the ranks... well, looking closer at the pics, you can't exactly say. Roy is standing sideward so, by the rules of perspective, you won't see all his stars. Same goes to Hawkeye who is posing front and we can't really see the stripes on her shoulders. But I doubt if they DID get demoted.
Toby-Chan
How come everyone's looking for stars and not wedding rings? (C'mon, they had to get married. They HAD to!!!)

I was a little worried that Roy'd left the military/had been 'let go'.

Alphonse, you silly! Cut that hair. We all know you love nii-san, but there's a line there. tongue.gif
Barako
QUOTE(Sycia @ Mar 26 2005, 01:35 PM)
Someone over at an LJ community did mention that the ranks (or lack of them) on Roy and Riza suggests they got demoted... HMMMMMMMM.... *ponders*

From what I can see Roy only has 1 star on him in the postcard. Riza doesn't seem to have anything on her (meaning.... a private?!)

PS: ohmy.gif Roy looks too good with the eyepatch~
[snapback]139659[/snapback]

I think it's probably the angles or something, I swear I can make out a second star in the scan. ^^;
Fullmetal Fangirl
*creeps up behind Alphonse*

*yanks his ponytail off*

What does demoted mean (im brainless) I didnt know people could get moved down like that...
Elderberry
Wow...Ed looks kind of...strange in that picture, but it's still Ed! laugh.gif

And Aru looks sooo adorable! *squee*
angieness
IPB Image
sadly it doesn't look like it's just the angle
Kasumi
It's probably just that picture. I still refuse to believe Roy is demoted until there's a better, clearer pic of the insignia (or other official information.) Most likely, Bones just didn't take the time to add the two thin blue stripes. (the only difference between the insignia of a Private and Lieutenant General is the two blue stripes off to the side.)
Now that I think about it, it's highly unlikely for Roy to have been demoted to a PRIVATE. (unless he left the military and re-joined it.)

I'll bet Bones wasn't expecting fans to pay that much attention to the insignia. tongue.gif

EDIT: I just realized... Roy's either demoted to a Private or promoted to a Major General. There are no stars for a Brigadier General.
KevLar
Thanks for the scans
Ahrimal
Edward looks very handsome and mature. His posture and expression are inciting very delicious yaoi scenarios.
telepika
Hehehe. I really like that pic of Ed. biggrin.gif REALLY LIKE...

Anyway, Roy looks hot too.

Thanky Sycia. biggrin.gif
Envy's lil' miniskirt
Yup Ed has that come hither look (hold that look chibi-san let me go find Envy). I like him in that picture, he looks nice in the dress shirt but I generally don't like his new drab look. He looks downright miserable on the FMA movie site. I like him better in red.

Also, I don't like Al's new look either. I was hoping he would have is own look instead of copying Ed's.
Hikari no Hohenheim
New Alphonse looks... Obsessive. Please, repost the scans, as the site seems to be dead.
Fullmetal Fangirl
EDIT: I just realized... Roy's either demoted to a Private or promoted to a Lieutenant General. There are no stars for a Brigadier General.

*gasp*

Wait, he does have ONE star and ONE THICK stripe...what does that mean?! I cant stop thinking about Roy and Riza being "demoted"
xrninja
QUOTE(Merc @ Mar 26 2005, 02:37 PM)
We've been talking heavily about it over at the RoyAi LJ community and what we can determine so far is that Roy's been demoted to either Sergeant or Corporal. Someone suggested about 8 ranks. You can tell from the shoulder strap that says his rank since it only has one stripe (instead of 3) and either two or three stars. Two stars means Corporal, three stars means Sergeant.
[snapback]139713[/snapback]

i'm guessing corporal. below sergeant major (souchou), which is fuery's rank, should be sergeant (gunsou), and then corporal. sooob.
QUOTE(Kasumi @ Mar 26 2005, 04:24 PM)
After staring at the pic for another good long while and considering the fact that it wasn't a perfectly good shot of the insignia, it's still entirely possible that Roy is STILL a Brigadier General. The only missing things are two thin blue stripes to the side... Who knows, maybe those blue stripes are there, and just blended in with the shoulder part of the uniform. *nods* Yup, that's got to be it. Roy was not demoted. He can't be. I refuse to believe Roy was demoted.
[snapback]139810[/snapback]

but isn't roy also missing the colored stripe things (which are supposed to represent his medals and awards, i think) that go on his chest? T__T *sob*

thinking about them getting demoted makes me want to cry. sad.gif
Tu101uk
al looks so much ed its kind of weird happy.gif;;; ed looks no different... roy looks cool with the eye-patch... and riza... man, me wish she kept her hair long

saw the trailer today... looks like its gonna be goooooooooood biggrin.gif
NightMistress
Riza's hair is still long. Are you saying you wish she had it out and hanging down rather than in the bun?

And July need to hurry it along and get here.
Kyo_Umerio
i like the way Roy looks with an Eye Patch happy.gif
NightMistress
Roy is hott eye patch or not, but I'm sure depth perception is something he'd like to have again (or at least have a better sense of). If it's closer than 3 feet it all just blends in. I still don't get why they just don't give him an automail eye. Or maybe he already has it and we dunno yet?

Anyways, about the demotion thing, I was looking at a link to see what the ranks were:

http://www.packrat-toyz.com/Reference/japanese.htm

Roy's star looks like a large one and his rank doesn't have 3 stripes rather just one big one, so maybe he wasn't demoted after all?
Otoki Tomoe
Everyone, are we sure about the whole Roy/Riza demotion thing? Are any of us in the military? If no one is (and no one minds), I can ask my brother about it when he gets back from his training in the field (he's also a dog of the military, though without the cool alchemy powers and probably a lot less pay >.<). He had to explain to me who outranked who in the series because I have no clue what the ranks meant and I couldn't figure out why adults were saluting Ed. XD

Anyway, I am SO excited for this movie! I want to see it the day it comes out, but alas, my Japanese is pitiful at best. Does anyone know if it'll be released in the States and Europe or will we have to wait for the fansub?

Oh, and Al is just so cute dressing up like his big brother. happy.gif I agree he'd look nicer with a blue coat or something, though. I was a bit confused because I thought I saw two Eds. O_o

P.S. I love this site. I just now decided to stop lurking and actually post something. happy.gif Thanks for the regular updates on the movie!
Merc
Well their military ranks mirror that of the United States Army, so it's not too difficult to figure out where he'd rank after a demotion. It's actually not that difficult.

And yes, armies will demote people instead of discharging them. Just look at the Iraqi prisoner abuse scandal. Everyone involved was demoted about 4 ranks or more, and that was BEFORE their court martial appearance. I'm sure both Roy and Riza, as well as the rest of Roy's subordinates, had to appear before a court martial of some sort.

~Merc
Otoki Tomoe
QUOTE(Merc @ Mar 28 2005, 10:14 PM)
Well their military ranks mirror that of the United States Army, so it's not too difficult to figure out where he'd rank after a demotion. It's actually not that difficult.

And yes, armies will demote people instead of discharging them. Just look at the Iraqi prisoner abuse scandal. Everyone involved was demoted about 4 ranks or more, and that was BEFORE their court martial appearance. I'm sure both Roy and Riza, as well as the rest of Roy's subordinates, had to appear before a court martial of some sort.

~Merc
[snapback]141422[/snapback]

Quite possibly, but... I don't know how to use the little spoiler window yet... um... who would demote them? Then again, Roy did sort of go do his own thing, didn't he? Oh well now I'm all curious and stuff! I wonder if they really DID get demoted?
AA battery
I disagree with the demotion... I mean, come on, BONES made a lot of mistake in the anime so it is possible that it's only an angel thing ~_~ I wouldn't hurt my little brain to worry to much about it now o_O
filimonovna
Back to the rank stuff - there is also a matter of lines. I had a look at my Fanbook (there's an explaination of ranks stuff) and there is no such background for the stars as the one Roy has. Thus I may suggest that the ranks system changed and we can't say whether Roy was demotedor not.

PS: Waaah, thatn you Sycia! Those pictures are awesome!
Hisui Kirei
Hmmm, I was confused at first about the Al dressing as Ed thing. After reading all the posts, I'm not confused anymore. I doubt there is any change in ranks (well maybe Roy Becomes Furher after all!) It's probably just an art error. I mean, It's just a drawing, probably made fast, and not as detailed as us fans would want. I've seen Fanart more detailed than this.
SO, NO MORE DISCUSSION ON DEMOTION YOU POOR PARONOID FANATICS! ph34r.gif dry.gif
*myself included XD*

My thought:
as for the scans, woot!
as for the trailer, WOOT!
as for the movie, W00t!
laugh.gif

and Hi Armor_alchemist!! I love your spinning ARU's!! biggrin.gif
~FMAgurl~
I don't know why Ed looks "suggestive" to some of you, but I think he looks fine...hot as always happy.gif Al looks...odd. I can't find any other way to put it. Ed's red coat and long hair aren't for him(sorry Al). Roy looks good with an eyepatch lol. Makes him look tougher . Riza just always looks good biggrin.gif.
Kyo_Umerio
Back to the Rank. it looks to me like Roy wasn't Demoted at all but maybe Promoted even more http://www.fullmetalalchemist.info/military.html Scroll to the bottom. if i could see more of Riza Shoulder. then i would have to say maybe she was too *points to side stripes*
Guest_riki_*
Ed looks like he's pouting...in a sexy kind of way. tongue.gif

I'm still not used to seeing Al with long hair though. dry.gif
Merc
There's no way he was promoted. Think about it, even though his acts were good, he still conspired against the military. He had also been planning for this over a period of several episodes. He set it up specifically so that the majority of the blame would fall on him.

[spoiler] That's why he had Hawkeye turn herself in and "give away" his plan. That's also why he made sure he set up his subordinates so that, in the end, they would all appear unaware. Havok in particular, the way he was able to impersonate Roy and then appear in front of the troops firing as though he was ordered to help fight. [/spoiler]

~Merc
xrninja
i agree with what merc said. and also, isn't general hakuro still there and still dislikes roy? hakuro would probably advocate for roy's demotion. and is it significant that he's missing his colored lapel medal stripe things? it seems that those ranked major and up all have them. i assume roy got some from fighting in ishbal and i don't know if hawkeye did or not, but roy always wears his.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.