Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My Chemical Romance
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Music
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Slashrose1010
Has anyone heard this band? I have seen one of their videos before and had won a free concert to see them *school won actually* I just bought their CD yesterday and it is one of the few CDs I've listened to where I have liked every single track. No one at my school even knew who they were dry.gif But they are a pretty good band. Any thoughts on MCR?
theshadowalchemist
I have heard them a few times, but tehir best song in my opinion is im not ok(ipromise). helena is ok, but not great. i wanna get their cd soo bad.
Fresh_Coffee
Do you even need to ask?
EdElric
I luv My Chemical Romance! Gerard is soooo hott! So is Frank! Just so you know I'm a girl.
Slashrose1010
lol, Gerard does look pretty cool but I don't want to venture into hot *for all you noobies, I am male mad.gif*

lol, I think they shoud've added one more track to the CD. It can listen to it through with much ease because all the songs are so short and there are only 12 tracks excluding the Interlude.
Alchemist_ed
they are ook but they could a whole load better 3 cheers for slipknot!!
Slashrose1010
No! Do not sully MCR with Slipknot. JK, to each his own. Slipknot is just a bunch of screaming. I can't listen to it >_< Any band like that I can't listen to. It is too heavy for my tatse. MCR has good lyrics and themes in my opinion and conveys the emotion without the aid of excessive screaming.
Fresh_Coffee
QUOTE(Slashrose1010 @ Mar 31 2005, 05:28 PM)
No! Do not sully MCR with Slipknot. JK, to each his own. Slipknot is just a bunch of screaming. I can't listen to it >_< Any band like that I can't listen to. It is too heavy for my tatse. MCR has good lyrics and themes in my opinion and conveys the emotion without the aid of excessive screaming.
[snapback]143840[/snapback]

I don't really like Slipknot either. I have a friend who is obessed with MCR she tells me everything about them, Helena was made for a dying grandma or something. I would like to say this MCR is not emo in my opinion they have even stated they are not.
Slashrose1010
What? Who ever thinks MCR is emo must not know the definition of Emo is -__-

Emo- songs that are over emotional that are sung by wannabe rockers. the songs are usually not very angsty or have artificial angst or have too much of a love theme to them. [insert pic of Blink 182 and Simple Plan here]
Fresh_Coffee
Don't forget 'Three home grace'. I use to like simple I'm afraid to admit but after "OMG IT'S NO FAIR" ... emo crap Simple plan falls under the row of crappy bands.
EdElric
QUOTE(Slashrose1010 @ Mar 31 2005, 06:28 PM)
[snapback]143840[/snapback]

OMG! I luv MCR but seriuosly Slipknot is awesome! I do respect your opinion though.
Slashrose1010
Likewise. I have some friends that listen to Slipknot. I have seen a few of their videos and they are rather freaky tongue.gif He listens to a lot of heavy stuff like Slipknot, Ozzy, and other people like that. Though he can listen to MCR. We actually won a free MCR concert *our school that is*. The opening act was from a band called Voice In The Wire and they were pretty decent. MCR was great though. They play great live and the lead guitarist is cool ^^
Carnal Malefactor
Slipknot is garbage.

I've never heard MCR, but...

IPB Image

^this album owns me. biggrin.gif
EdElric
QUOTE(Slashrose1010 @ Apr 2 2005, 11:16 AM)
Likewise. I have some friends that listen to Slipknot. I have seen a few of their videos and they are rather freaky tongue.gif He listens to a lot of heavy stuff like Slipknot, Ozzy, and other people like that. Though he can listen to MCR. We actually won a free MCR concert *our school that is*. The opening act was from a band called Voice In The Wire and they were pretty decent. MCR was great though. They play great live and the lead guitarist is cool ^^
[snapback]145201[/snapback]

Which one is the lead guitarist? Is he the one with the X's on his eyes?
Slashrose1010
^The lead *or who I think is lead* is the one with the huge carrot top fro laugh.gif You can see him kinda in my sig.

@Bacon: I don't get it biggrin.gif You DL music right? I suggest DL To The End and You Know What They Do To Guys Like Us In Prison tongue.gif They are pretty good songs, and teh singles are also gewd ^^
Fresh_Coffee
My brother and his girlfriend has tickets to get to see MCR and The Used I got jealous. laugh.gif
Inuyasha7271
One of my personal current alltime fav. bands right next to The Killers,Flogging Molly, Jet, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, and Modest Mouse.

I love their cd Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge with the killer riffs on High Noon and Give Me Your Poison, and the beautiful melody of The Ghost of You I believe it is called Track Six and who can forget I'm Not Okay(I Promise).
The killers is my favourite band. XD
Slashrose1010
@Cafe: blink.gif Awww! I wanna see MCR in concert *shrugs off the Used* My friend is getting a day off to see Green Day in concert with MCR as the opneing band. I am envious -___-;
Jaganshi
I love MCR, My favorite song by them is "I never told you what I did for a living". Not a big fan of slipknot though.
Fresh_Coffee
Oh yes Guest was me by the way. XD MCR... mmm they aren't really that popular in Toronto I never heard about them until recently like a couple months. I love Demolition lovers the lyrics rock.
Slashrose1010
I haven't heard of some of these songs blink.gif did they have previous CDs?
Zarpia
I like MCR, they're cool, the song that i like the most is Helena, and the video is pretty good too, except when the dead girl start dancing, i hate that part.
Dystopian Rhetoric
QUOTE(Slashrose1010 @ Mar 25 2005, 07:49 PM)
Has anyone heard this band? I have seen one of their videos before and had won a free concert to see them *school won actually* I just bought their CD yesterday and it is one of the few CDs I've listened to where I have liked every single track. No one at my school even knew who they were dry.gif But they are a pretty good band. Any thoughts on MCR?
[snapback]138996[/snapback]

Silly Emo band. Not much cop.
WhiteMike
QUOTE(Slashrose1010 @ Mar 31 2005, 08:37 PM)
What? Who ever thinks MCR is emo must not know the definition of Emo is -__-

Emo- songs that are over emotional that are sung by wannabe rockers. the songs are usually not very angsty or have artificial angst or have too much of a love theme to them. [insert pic of Blink 182 and Simple Plan here]
[snapback]143852[/snapback]

They are emo though, listen to some of their lyrics:

"So give me all your poison
And give me all your pills
And give me all your hopeless hearts
And make me ill
You're running after something
That you'll never kill
If this is what you want
Then fire at will
Preach all you want but who's gonna save me
I keep a gun on the book that you gave me
Hallelujah, lock and load"

"Another knife in my hands
A stain that never comes off the sheets
Clean me off
I can't clean the blood off the sheets in my bed"

DingDingDing, emo alert, emo alert
Slashrose1010
^^ Oh I get it! So basically, Atreyu, Metallica, Lamb of God, KISS, Slipknot, Queen, Blue Oyster Cult, Asian Kung-Fu Generation, Orange Range, The Darkness, Jet, Maroon 5, The White Stripes and Led Zeppelin are all emo according to you ^^
MetalEncryptions
I love MCR! They are so awesome! My fav song by them is Helena! I also like Thank You For the Venom. I can't wait! I'm going to see them in August, and there a lot of other bands including Fall Out Boy.
i_love_the_elric_bros
I love My Chemical Romance!!! They are soo awesum!!! I have the CD and i guess my favorite song they sing is Helena but i love all their songs.
The Man Who Laughed
MCR is pretty cool.I like You know what they do to guys like us in prison
best
Martel
Oh God! Warped Tour came near where I live and I got to see them! And let me say that they are AMAZING live. Hehe... I got to croud surf during Helena and it was totally amazing!
mongooseboi
i saw the helena music video on mtv and its kinda weird.
DarkBlade_Alchemist
yea there an okay band i like Helena more than i'm not okay, but most of their songs are not heavy enough for me.
Martel
Darkblade have you tried you know what they do to guys like us in prison? or cemetary drive? those are awesome songs. and alot of their old stuff is great too! Also try the band comeback kid, they're a but heavier than my chemical romance but still muy bueno.
blackmage164
I love MCR! Gerard is so hot I can't there really are people out there who love them as much as me! Nono of my friends have heard of them! They all listen to rap and they're all white! ( except for Cory...he's Mexican[ sorry if that sounded stereotypical!]) blink.gif
Mrs. Edward Elric
MCR rocks my socks. I heart them.
blackmage164
(screams) The new MCR vid. rocks! "The Ghost Of You" watch it on mtv. trust me it rocks! I already posted the lyrics on the well... the lyrics board. eep!
Fayth Prophecy
QUOTE(blackmage164 @ Aug 6 2005, 08:09 PM)
I love MCR! Gerard is so hot I can't there really are people out there who love them as much as me! Nono of my friends have heard of them! They all listen to rap and they're all white!  ( except for Cory...he's Mexican[ sorry if that sounded stereotypical!])  blink.gif
[right][snapback]244296[/snapback][/right]

I know...But I love Frank^^ So hot^^ Anyways, that didn't sound stereotypical to me. I have the same problem.
fullmetal9
i'm not really a my chemical romance sorta guy.. they're too .. well gothic i guess? i'm not up for dyed black hair and black suits either.. well that's just me.
Slashrose1010
QUOTE(fullmetal9 @ Sep 9 2005, 11:10 PM)
i'm not really a my chemical romance sorta guy.. they're too .. well gothic i guess? i'm not up for dyed black hair and black suits either.. well that's just me.

Gothic? Have you been drinking bong water? mellow.gif They are more Punkmo (punk/emo). If you want to see gothic, look at my sig and avatar. That is gothic. *especially Mana :3*

@Gosseyboi: A few people have said that video was strange. I kind of felt it was a lame replication of Thriller with like... dead people and stuff. I felt that song could have had a much better music video then it did. But I guess MCR is just more into the odd, less dark kind of look when it comes to videos.
The RZA
Why the hell does everybody look like their gothic and suicidal in that group. Sorry I'm not familiar with rock at all. More of a hip-hop person, but hey I grew up in Georgia.
The_Crimson_Blood_Alchemist
My Chemical Romance is the greatest band on the face of this planet. Nothing compares to then and the deepness of their lyrics.

MCR KICKS A$$!!!
Slashrose1010
Tch, they aren't very deep. Maybe you look too far into their lyrics. They are certainly not the best band in the world.

Mahou: They are not gothic. See my previous post and you may find your answers there.
I have both there cd's. My favorite band. I was listening to the song that the used plays with them. Kick ass.
Velious178
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif *scream* I LOVE MCR! I drive all my friends crazy making them listen to the cd. I think I melted mine.... sad.gif Oh well I have it on my computer! I'm listening to The Jestet Life is going to kill you!

~~Dances~~

This is my desktop!

user posted image
QUOTE(Slashrose1010 @ Mar 25 2005, 11:49 AM) [snapback]138996[/snapback]

Ofcourse dude!!! Chemical Romace rulesss.........
~*(Jaded)*~
I've been a My Chemical Romance fan for quite some time now. My favorite song is "Ghost of You".
Slashrose1010
I didn't even know they had two albums until someone mentioned it in this thread. Three Cheers For Sweet Reevenge is their second album, no? I didn't see their previous album in stores. It would be very much appreciated if someone could type up the tracks on their first CD here. Thank you.

-Slash
Blint
I like 'I'm Not Okay (I promise)', 'To The End' and the cover they did with The Used of 'Under PRessure'.
Velious178
I Brought You My Bullets, You Brought Me Your Love:
Honey, This Mirror Isn't Big Enough For The Two Of Us
Vampires Will Never Hurt You
Drowning Lessons
Our Lady Of Sorrows
Headfirst For Halos
Skylines And Turnstiles
Early Sunsets Over Monroeville
This Is The Best Day Ever
Cubicles
Demolition Lovers

Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge:
Helena
Give 'Em Hell Kid
To the End
You Know What They Do to Guys Like Us in Prison
I'm Not Okay (I Promise)
Ghost of You
Jetset Life Is Gonna Kill You
Interlude
Thank You for the Venom
Hang 'Em High
It's Not a Fashion Statement, It's a Deathwish
Cemetery Drive
I Never Told You What I Do for a Living

Other Songs:
All I Want For Christmas Is You
Astro Zombies [from game "Tony Hawk's American Wasteland"]
Jack The Ripper
Under Pressure

Slashrose1010
@Velious: Dude, you rock *will DL those later*

I did however do a lil searching pre-hand, and I love Headfirst for Halos biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.