Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: C S I!
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Movies, TV Shows, & Other Videos
Steel Alchemist
<Edited the thread title from "Do You Watch Csi?" to "C S I!!" 04/01/07 ~Tombow>

I watch the just plain old CSI.
xrninja
and why is this thread in the fma character discussion section....?
Quistis88
This will probably be spammed out sooner or later. I'll moving it to SC.
the ironflame alchemist
i watch the the first csi that came out
Kitty Cat
i just finished watching CSI Miami and Las Vegas 4
alchemist x
I've seen all of the origonal csi and miami.
Ailuro
Pif, I watch the real stuff. wink.gif
Quistis88
I watch a few episodes here and there if they happen to be on. I don't intentionally go and find out when an episode is airing. I am curious as to why all these crime-time TV shows are popping up.

Sorry to say, but most of CSI is fake, kids. If you actually think that the show uses real forensic techniques and technology, you've got another thing coming.

If you don't believe me, go ask your local police department.
Fresh_Coffee
QUOTE(Ailuro @ Mar 26 2005, 11:08 AM)
Pif, I watch the real stuff. wink.gif
[snapback]139578[/snapback]

smile.gif That's right , me too.

We know CSI is fake Quis, or I hope most of us do. unsure.gif
Quistis88
QUOTE(Fresh_Coffee @ Mar 26 2005, 04:19 PM)
We know CSI is fake Quis, or I hope most of us do.  unsure.gif

Yes, I know that most people know. But there's always the few suckers who don't, and I'm not so mean that I'd leave them out of the loop. biggrin.gif
Slashrose1010
I watch Law and Order: SVU. I am pretty sure they use real forensic techniques, am I correct? I especially like B.D. Wong. His character is really cool because he can always analyze people and know what they are like or what they are thinking. I also like Stabler. I like how he is human and gets really frustrated and even enraged sometimes. SVU is my fave Law and Order.... But CSI... No I don't XD Sorry tongue.gif
Quistis88
CSI's got nothing on Law & Order: CI. laugh.gif
Slashrose1010
lol, CI is my least favorite, though I have only seen like half an epiosde of Trial By Jury. I love SVU though tongue.gif Benson isn't that bad looking for a cop either wink.gif and Ice-T is cool too happy.gif
Quistis88
QUOTE(Slashrose1010 @ Mar 26 2005, 05:12 PM)
lol, CI is my least favorite, though I have only seen like half an epiosde of Trial By Jury. I love SVU though tongue.gif Benson isn't that bad looking for a cop either wink.gif and Ice-T is cool too happy.gif

CI is your least favorite? laugh.gif How? It's the one I like most out of all three thus far. Ranked in second would be TBJ. SVU has way too many rape cases, in my opinion. Gets a little boring after a while.
Slashrose1010
Ummm... I really don't like the main character in CI dry.gif Stabler and Benson are much better characters and have great actors. Isn't SVU supposed to be primarilly rape cases though? It is supposed to be about sexually based offenses... anyway, TBJ was OK, but it felt like the in your faceness (that is a word, look it up) was kinda forced and a lil over the top (at least the parts I saw).
Quistis88
QUOTE(Slashrose1010 @ Mar 26 2005, 05:22 PM)
Ummm... I really don't like the main character in CI dry.gif Stabler and Benson are much better characters and have great actors. Isn't SVU supposed to be primarilly rape cases though? It is supposed to be about sexually based offenses... anyway, TBJ was OK, but it felt like the in your faceness (that is a word, look it up) was kinda forced and a lil over the top (at least the parts I saw).

I quite like Vincent D'Onofrio's character. biggrin.gif

Yes, that's what SVU is supposed to be about, but does it have to be rape nearly every single time? biggrin.gif
Slashrose1010
Indeed it does XD Rape is more interesting than just a sexual harrasment charge about some guy in the offeice who whistled to another co-worker. That would be kinda lame. There are some molestation charges but yeah it is mostly rape. I dunno, I just like the characters, acting and stories more.
Quistis88
QUOTE(Slashrose1010 @ Mar 26 2005, 05:34 PM)
Indeed it does XD Rape is more interesting than just a sexual harrasment charge about some guy in the offeice who whistled to another co-worker. That would be kinda lame. There are some molestation charges but yeah it is mostly rape. I dunno, I just like the characters, acting and stories more.

That's exactly the point. If they can take something lame and make it interesting, then that would definitely impress me.

Look how we've turned the CSI thread into a L&O one. biggrin.gif
Envy's lil' miniskirt
I love CSI Vegas. I haven't really gotten into the Miami one because I can't stand David Caruso he just gets on my nerves. I really like Khandi Alexander but she's never a big part of the story line, at least the episodes I've seen

QUOTE(Quistis88 @ Mar 26 2005, 03:17 PM)
I watch a few episodes here and there if they happen to be on.  I don't intentionally go and find out when an episode is airing.  I am curious as to why all these crime-time TV shows are popping up.

Sorry to say, but most of CSI is fake, kids.  If you actually think that the show uses real forensic techniques and technology, you've got another thing coming.

If you don't believe me, go ask your local police department.
[snapback]139758[/snapback]

I saw a show on Discovery I think where they talked about the forensic science they used on the show. Basically the scientist said what was shown was mostly dramatized and partily out of date technology. So yeah, you can watch all the CSI and Law and Order you want but you still aren't going to outsmart the cops.

I'm with Ailuro, the real stuff is much more interesting. On a side note has anyone here read any of Robert Resslers books?
Slashrose1010
I used to watch discovery stuff when I had it dry.gif But yeah, I have seen a few CSI Vegas eps, they are pretty good. And yes, the cops are always advancing in technology.

@Quis: lol, yeah. I guess I could make a case like that interesting tongue.gif I will write it up and post it in SC tongue.gif XD
Quistis88
QUOTE(Envy's lil' miniskirt @ Mar 26 2005, 05:41 PM)
I'm with Ailuro, the real stuff is much more interesting. On a side note has anyone here read any of Robert Resslers books?

Definitely. biggrin.gif Real stuff all the way. No, I haven't read any of Resslers' books.

QUOTE(Slashrose1010 @ Mar 26 2005, 05:46 PM)
@Quis: lol, yeah. I guess I could make a case like that interesting tongue.gif I will write it up and post it in SC tongue.gif XD

You do that. I'll be waiting.
Jaganshi
I love Law & Order: SVU. I do find it ironic, however, that Ice-T plays a cop. You know, because of the public enemy song that he did...
Steel Alchemist
All of the Law and Orders are okay.
Slashrose1010
@Quis: I will tell you about it when and if I get to it. I am currently engaged in writing two fanfics and it is hard enough doing just one for me >_< I don't know much law so you will probably get bored and notice many judicial flaws XD But I will try my best tongue.gif

@Jaganshi: Haven't seen you in forever, go on AIM more tongue.gif
Otoki Tomoe
I'm currently studying forensics and criminology and I'm absolutely fascinated by it. I'm such a geek that I've never missed an episode of CSI (Las Vegas). I just started getting into CSI:NY and I don't watch Miami because I can't stand David Caruso's acting. I've watched a few episodes of L&O as well and I liked what I saw. I also watch a lot of the Court TV "reality" forensics shows. Aside from the drama and over-the-top technology of CSI (I wish I had all those neat toys to play with!), I've found that there isn't a whole lot of difference.

Runs away to go find one of Robert Resslers' books... smile.gif
Full Flame Alchemist
no
Chiyo
I like to watch it yes, but there is one thing that haunts me now.

4 guys I used to do to school with are at the same Uni as me...doing Forensics and oh how they love CSI.

I like the original most, haven't really been watching New York.
The_Crimson_Blood_Alchemist
I watch the original and miami, but the original is da bomb!
Earth Angel Alchemist
I love CSI. That show is so great, and because I'm only a stupid 14 year old I learn things. happy.gif lol
Laffe
hmm well,neh not always.. if the episode is good, then i watch and if not i dont watch
StrawberryShampoo
My coughmuchcough older brother got me hooked on CSI and so I only watch the original. I don't watch it as much any more since it makes me think of my brother who has recently moved away to Boston. So it makes me sad.
~Anyway I'm the only one out of my (most) of my friends who can watch it, since the bodies give most of them nightmares......**sweatdrop**
halomasta
CSI sucks! I like L&O, Over There, Rescue Me and Angel biggrin.gif
Squirrel of Doom
CSI New York is evil. I like the other ones like Miami and Las Vegas.
Mike
Law & Order: CI is the bomb! Goren is way cool and sly O.o

I havent even attempted to watch CSI, I think it looks like poo. I can be one of those people that judge before they see. So don't really worry about my opinion all you CSI lover people.
Omakase Shimasu
Forgive me for going blatant foreigner on you all, but is Navy: NCIS a part of the CSI series?
Mike
Nope NCIS is a different series from CSI.

But NCIS is my favourite one. it was so sad to see Kates almost slow death and then see her sudden death.
Omakase Shimasu
Thanks for the answer and not spoil anything in the process. biggrin.gif

Well, I watch Law and Order version Old Guy & Old Woman (I don't know the official title) on occasion, but my favorite's NCIS too. A reward to anyone who manages to find my main reason for thinking so. tongue.gif
Quistis88
@Kase: That L&O you're talking about has no secondary title. I believe you're referring to just the plain L&O (the original?).

To stay on topic, I really dislike the CSI opening theme songs.
Omakase Shimasu
I think so, but I can only be sure if I happen to catch them on TV again. biggrin.gif I'm horrible at remembering titles.

Oh, which reminds me, I saw an episode of CSI: Miami the other day. biggrin.gif;; It wasn't exactly what I expected though. Racing through swamps with the badguy manhandling a ventilator on steroids with the cops chasing him in helicopters... Fun, but not what I had in mind for such a series. (Unfortunately, I didn't catch the opening... openings seem to like avoiding me)
FullMetal_Stella
I watch both CSI and CSI Miami - but I like CSI best tongue.gif
Envy's lil' miniskirt
QUOTE(Quistis88 @ Sep 28 2005, 06:53 AM) [snapback]293756[/snapback]

To stay on topic, I really dislike the CSI opening theme songs.

How can you hate The Who? ohmy.gif

Actually, I wish they would drop the whole Who theme from CSI. "Who are you" was a good song to use for the show but that's the only one that fits for a show about forensic science.

Speaking or related shows did anyone catch Criminal Mind? I saw two episodes I liked it. It does have some of the CSI flavor to it but I still think it could be an interesting show.
StrawberryShampoo
@Mini--- I happened to catch about 15 minutes of an episode of Criminal Minds....It seemed kind off interesting but I can never remember when it comes on.
*~vachi~*
HEY! CSI isnīt that bad, is quite good, but i donīt watch it anymore, īcause it makes me scare... blink.gif
After watching the episode were Nick is in that thing underground...i never watch it again, it really made me scare of people for a while! (just kidding...)

CSI Miami and New York arenīt as good as Las Vegas...(i think...)
55th_animalalchemist
CSI is a great show. You have no clue untill the show is finishing that who could kill tthat person, how he/she did it and the special effects are great to.
Chiyo
QUOTE(55th_animalalchemist @ Jun 22 2006, 08:37 AM) [snapback]414863[/snapback]

CSI is a great show. You have no clue untill the show is finishing that who could kill tthat person, how he/she did it and the special effects are great to.

It's the person they spoke to for a brief moment near the start or someone who doesn't appear in it until you know they are guilty. e.g I watched one the other day where the murderer was the real father of the child and he'd only been mentioned once.
Popogeejo
I quite like it. They need to play with the formula again like they did in the first series. Then bad guys got away sometimes. These days it's never the first suspect but the Janitor of the Abandon Fairground. It whatch them al though because it's better then most crap on TV.

I still get annoyed with people pointng out that it's unrealistsic. IT'S JUST A TV SHOW!
trecia
i love CSI especially Las Vegas... i dont really care if its fake. most of what i watch is fake, its very entertaining...
sweety_pie
I like CSI Las Vegas. But I don't really watch the others. (Like, Miami, and New York)they're just not as good.The show kinda got old after they did two spin-offs.
Lucky Lucy
I like CSI: New York. I find it addictive. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.