Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Edward & Winry! A.k.a. EdXWin.
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > FMA Character Discussions
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41
black_missing
Ed & Winry! Will They Ever Fall In Love?

I think they will biggrin.gif
What do you think??
RolfKaese
hope so =X
BlueRakuen
I'd like it but it doesn't look like it's gonna happen... sad.gif
Riza_Hawkeye
um....but i think they are going to...
ScaR
well it's not impossible... (That it will happen)
Kasumi
I think it'll happen...
Chibi Viki
in the manga, it's already hinted (chap 17 where Ed thinks Winry is cute... chap 36, their moment of solace together)

in the anime... character relationships had gone rather dry...

but, i think it's possible...
RolfKaese
/me wants hardcore XXX between them... @______@
RoyxRiza BigFan
Go for hentai version of it @W@ nyaaaaa...but then the one i found all need to login >+<
Chibi Viki
save, upload and post, hehehehe...
RoyxRiza BigFan
very hard to straight couple FMA doujinshi @M@
Ryo Saeba
Perverts dry.gif
Vael
Freakish oppressive heterosexual pigs XP
TrueAlchemist
In anime, I think it might be Ed X Rose.
Because they are better than Ed and Winry combination.
Ed and Winry are more like siblings more than potential lovers.

I have the best couple.
Al X Katherine Armstrong.
I know they did not meet before.
I think they might be introduced each other by Alex Armstong.
And, Katherine said that she like some one like her brother.
Al is the best choice at this point , but he has no body. laugh.gif
And, Al is a better alchemist than his brother.
Hmm. Maybe, we should start Poll about this issue.
smile.gif
Omakase Shimasu
And seeing Al and Katherine share the same voice-actor tongue.gif

Anywayz... I don't think it's gonna happen. And not just because I like RoyxEd XD This relationship may be hinted at, but... nah. It's the same with Roy and Riza (it was Evil Genius who translated it Liza), I think. They do have potential, maybe, but... gah gah gah, I don't have any reasons OK?! I just don't think it's going to happen. It's either all gonna be one-sided or they'll never act on their feelings. Huff.

But in the off-chance that it does happen, I don't think it's going to work out. Ed and Winry love each other too much (stra~ange, I know) to ruin their friendship over something like this.

A pairing I can see however is Al/Winry. Winry/Al whatever. If Al gets his body back, in any case.
RoyxRiza BigFan
hey i should be saying the same for those liking gay pairings yeeesssh @W@
Chibi Viki
QUOTE(Vael @ Aug 10 2004, 06:37 PM)
Freakish oppressive heterosexual pigs XP

HEY! i take offense in that! >:L

we respect your sexual preferences... if you can't do the same to us, then aren't you the one being the "freakish oppressive" homosexual pig?

okay, enough, i don't want trouble... if by oppressive you mean that we impose our straight couple fandom all over the forum too much, then why don't you start your own thread for your gay couples? if you don't like straight couples, then don't read threads about them, duh.

did you know that when this site started, there were barely any RoyxRiza/EdxWinry/straight couple fans who are members of this site? always, there were shonen-ai, but we didn't mind.

geez... ok, i'm really upset... i'm out...
chloe
i have to agree with chibi viki here... unless you weren't really being serious O_O;; it's kinda weird and unusual that someone doesn't approve of heterosexual! but i guess what you meant was "MORE SHOUNEN-AI/SHOUJO-AI ACTION!" but too bad, that is definitely not gonna happen, at least not in the anime/manga. btw... i don't like yaoi ^^;; sorry

back on to business:
QUOTE(TrueAlchemist)
I have the best couple.

Al and Katherine, that's a cute couple! XD
they'd look pretty good together if he gets his body back wink.gif

A pairing I can see however is Al/Winry. Winry/Al whatever. If Al gets his body back, in any case.

it's so unfair for Al that he has no body that he doesn't have a chance with Winry.
RolfKaese
chloe!! where have you been? ;_;
chloe
exams, but just one more to go

i'm already prepared for the last exam so i thought i'd come back earlier
WarzoneCommand
I think EdXwinry would just be fine. They seem to like each other ( for example in the rush valey episode just before sensei bangs in )

and I REALY don't get the royxed thing, I mean I think it is discusting and I think there isn't ANY reason to believe it ( haven't seen any hints in anime nor manga ). So just weird fantasies.
Aqua_Alchemist
[QUOTE] exams, but just one more to go[QUOTE]

I've had loads of coursework, deadline next week (tell me why I did Geography O_o)

The pairing I can see happening is EdxRose, why? Because (slight spoiler), he'll be the knight in automail armour that will ultimately save her from that weird cathedral place.

Winry and Al is possible, more so because he may have to take someone else's body to be human again (that would be seriously weird O_o). But if he got his normal body back he'd still be a child so he'd have to wait a few years lol.

However WinryxEd is so obvious from the first few episodes she appears in, they've got to have more depth than that. I think Rolf said this as well, but she is more of a big sister to Ed and Al than anything more than that.

[QUOTE]and I REALY don't get the royxed thing, I mean I think it is discusting and I think there isn't ANY reason to believe it ( haven't seen any hints in anime nor manga ). So just weird fantasies.[/QUOTE]

Yeah man it freaks me out, but girls c'mon.
Omakase Shimasu
C'mon people, I'm sure Vael didn't mean it that way. Just a joke. (get a load of this, I'm actually standing up for the guy here biggrin.gif)

And I never said I saw the RoyxEd pairing happening. I mean, c'mon... dry.gif I may be dense sometimes, but I'm not stupid. That's why I read fanfiction about them. I like to write fanfiction about them someday. It's all in my head, my 'fantasies' like WarzoneCommand put it.

Gee, I hope this isn't going to become a war between sexual preferenced pairings here... blink.gif
Chibi Viki
in defense of shonen-ai fans (need to be fair here...)

even straight couples could be fantasy. i mean... there's no concrete proof that any of the straight couples will end up together either... EdxWinry? or AlxWinry? RoyxRiza (^^)? or HavocxRiza? or sheskaxfarman? after all, not all close relationships end up with romance. (yeah, yeah, this is practicality speaking)

we can't force other people to like our preferences. all we could do is promote them and find other people who share our opinion.

(actually, what disturbs me the most is incest ~_~;; )

so, let's stop this debate here and get back on topic...
dandie_candie
But then again, Ed and Winry do seem like they have feelings towards each other. For instance, Ed's blushed a few times when talking to her or when people ask if she is his girlfriend. Winry on the other hand, probably likes him too. But that's from my point of view. I think they look cute together though. happy.gif
Crimsonblade
QUOTE(TrueAlchemist @ Aug 10 2004, 07:26 PM)
In anime, I think it might be Ed X Rose.
Because they are better than Ed and Winry combination.
Ed and Winry are more like siblings more than potential lovers.

I have the best couple.
I know they did not meet before. 
I think they might be introduced each other by Alex Armstong.
And, Katherine said that she like some one like her brother.
Al is the best choice at this point , but he has no body.   laugh.gif
And, Al is a better alchemist than his brother.
Hmm. Maybe, we should start Poll about this issue.
smile.gif

I hope Rose gets some nice guy in the series to help her out...if she isn't already dead... It sucks, she already has a kid, she should have someone to stick up for her...
Crimsonblade
We don't have any proof that Rose isn't dead. She might be, knowing how the mangaka likes to watch his fans squirm under his wrath.
HER read thread from manga...
Hehe, well I think Ed X Winry is more plausable than some other posibilities, but who knows? biggrin.gif
kokenjr
Woah, what's with all the shounen-ai talk, all because of one person's comment. You people really enjoy stirring up the kettle and deviating from the point, ne?

Enough said.

Al deserves to seriously get laid...in a less vulgar way...he needs a girl.
I mean come one the guy has been a suit of armor for god kows how long. Once he gets his body back, ed better give up winry to him. The boy deserves it.

RoyxEd....never gonna happen. Roy is as heteorsexual as they come, "All women shall wear miniskirt" (paraphrase)...come on now, what about that makes you think he has a thing for ed.

How come there's no homonculus pairing huh? Anti-homonculi bastards...kidding.
I'd say GluttonyxLust????? Damn if greed were alive he'd have his pick of the litter for sure. PridexSloth? Evny/Wrath....they look alike, with the skirts and all. I give up. happy.gif
QUOTE(TrueAlchemist @ Aug 10 2004, 07:26 PM)
I hope Rose gets some nice guy in the series to help her out...if she isn't already dead... It sucks, she already has a kid, she should have someone to stick up for her...

Ed.
rsF
Remember, Ed and Al used to fight about who was going to marry Winry when they were little. I sense a little conflict...
Guest again
QUOTE(rsF @ Aug 12 2004, 01:44 PM)
Remember, Ed and Al used to fight about who was going to marry Winry when they were little. I sense a little conflict...

You bet they were fighting for Winry since I guess in a countryland like Rizembull, she might have been the only girl (not only lookable but) available unless one of them learn how to transmute a cow or a goat into a girl laugh.gif

PS: I remember in one episode, in Rizembull, Al gets attracted by a young brunette but was ashamed by his armour...maybe we won't have our fight for blondie.
rsF
I think Al liked Psiren. I don't remember her other name.
Hey, Winry isn't bad looking, and she's got a great personality! =D
Who wouldn't like her! [glares]

Remember, human transmutations are forbidden!
RoyxRiza BigFan
QUOTE(kokenjr @ Aug 12 2004, 07:54 AM)

I'd say GluttonyxLust????? Damn if greed were alive he'd have his pick of the litter for sure. PridexSloth?

zoiks thatsss so wickedly deviously entertaining @W@ rolleyes.gif

Greed would have probably pick that chimera gal for a more serious relatioship @W@
Chibi Viki
QUOTE(rsF @ Aug 12 2004, 12:44 PM)

that was in the manga though... anime is different. ^^

but, yeah, that girl with the cow in rizenpool... it sounds like Al used to have a crush on her or something to remember her like that.
rsF
It was not only in the manga. I think it was after Al thought he was simply a soul transmutation, not an actual human, that they were talking about when they were little.
Vael
Uhm, before I actually write my post, I want to say sorry to anyone who I offended with my previous post. Didn't mean to offend. o.o;;

Anyway, what I do like about the anime is that they aren't focusing much at all about Romance. They're leaving it in the background, with just hints and such, to lead fans on, but not restrict our imagination. Personally, I prefer it this way, as opposed to there being set relationships. Gives a lot more freedom with fanfics.

What I also love is that very little of the resurrecting and actual love in the anime deals with romance, with the exception of Scar's brother and Lust.
QUOTE(Chibi Viki @ Aug 12 2004, 06:53 PM)
QUOTE(rsF @ Aug 12 2004, 12:44 PM)

that was in the manga though... anime is different. ^^

but, yeah, that girl with the cow in rizenpool... it sounds like Al used to have a crush on her or something to remember her like that.

It is in the manga in the post-5th Laboratory story.

It is in the anime after Ed and Al had that "why would they be fighting now of all times and places" episode where they meet Martel.
TrueAlchemist
I think someone in this thread said about Al and Siren. I think Al only thinks she's good person.

I hope to see Ed and Winry together at the end.
Jenn X_X
ahh~!!! i'm so hoping that its ed and winry sad.gif !! i'm a big fan of this couple tongue.gif and i'm pretty sure they'll fall in love O_o... cuz in episode 46 where ed's arm broke and when he was fighting with lust or something... he kept on saying that he could always get a better arm cuz he got the best auto-mail person eva rolleyes.gif !!

either way, i hope that it'll be ed and winry @_@
Carnal Malefactor
God, I hope not. Predictable relationship that would really lessen the quality of the story. Sometimes, people are just better off being platonic. Especially if they're just 16-year-old kids.

Leave the fanboys/girls to wonder about what could've been.
hakai-kun
QUOTE(rsF @ Aug 12 2004, 04:17 AM)
I think Al liked Psiren. I don't remember her other name.
Hey, Winry isn't bad looking, and she's got a great personality! =D
Who wouldn't like her!  [glares]

I think her name was Clara. Anyway, I think Al just liked her because she reminded him of his mother. Unless it was one of those "I want a girl just like my mom." Kinda think. XD.

anyway, about the Ed/Winry thing. I'm kinda anti with that. Al/Winry works better, I think. Winry is a kind of latchy girl sometimes. And she's sensitive. So I don't think she'd like Ed to go traveling all over the place and leave her home. Ed would probably stay with her, but it would be kind of like sacrificing his freedom for her.
Al on the other hand is more of the 'married with children' type. he's more nurturing, caring, etc. I think they work out better.

As far as canon-ness goes. I like how the manga/anime doesn't really focus on romantic relationships and it's more of a side thing. I like leaving the couplings to the fan world. there's more freedom with that. like i could go read a Roy/Ed tonight, an Ed/Winry tomorrow, and Elricest the next day. tongue.gif but yea, i think you know what i mean... right? cool.gif
Sakura-chan
Of corse they will. They are friends form a long time, so that's just a question of time..... realy!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Thievesvinegar
I don'tknow about winry and ed. One thing is that Ed went through more things than she did, and there are things that she is naive about. Second, a relatioonship isn't his first priority at the moment, or ever i think. Sure she's someone he caaaares about but she is in the past that he wants to...let go physically but not mentally if you get what i mean. Ed is just on a different level than Winry.
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Thievesvinegar @ Sep 4 2004, 06:41 PM)
I don'tknow about winry and ed. One thing is that Ed went through more things than she did, and there are things that she is naive about. Second, a relatioonship isn't his first priority at the moment, or ever i think. Sure she's someone he caaaares about but she is in the past that he wants to...let go physically but not mentally if you get what i mean. Ed is just on a different level than Winry.

I completely agree with this.

Plus, there's the factor that when you've known someone all your life, it's difficult to make a romantic relationship work, because there are no surprises.
RolfKaese
EdxWinry 4-ever. Period.

no need to point out why, people who know me know why. <-- holy sh*t, what a sentence *_*
RolfKaese
Well, I start off with cutey fanart ^^

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
RolfKaese
[img]http://home.arcor.de/edward_elric/edxwin/EDWIN4-.jpg[/img]
[img]http://home.arcor.de/edward_elric/edxwin/hagani1.gif[/img]
[img]http://home.arcor.de/edward_elric/edxwin/karendar.jpg[/img]
[img]http://home.arcor.de/edward_elric/edxwin/timikko3.jpg[/img]
[img]http://home.arcor.de/edward_elric/edxwin/top39-hagane.jpg[/img]
Queen of the dammed
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SOOO KAwaii!!!! Especialy the gif of ED's improved arm..... biggrin.gif
Prinz_Zoisit
wow!!!!!!! these pictures, are they from the artbook, or from where?? where you got them, rolf?!?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.