Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: "3 Oct 10" Or "3 Oct 11"?
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1)
Pages: 1, 2
DeadlyWhiteWolf
Ok i am not sure if this is the right place to post this but i cant seem to find a better place to.

Well any way I want to buy this way cool FullMetal Alchemist pocket watch off of a website but i found two different ones im not sure what one is fake and what one is real. (The pics are in the attachments to). PLEASE HELP ME

P.S. Look at the pic (the last one) What does "Don't Forget 3.Oct.10" mean? From an episode i havent seen maybe?

ANY HELP WOULD DO THANKS GUYS

[attachmentid=72]

[attachmentid=73]

[attachmentid=74]
Ailuro
Yes, it's from episode 17. It's a bit of a spoiler. ^^;
Hrmm, ive never seen the first one before( the one without the dont forget thing) where did you get the picture? I may buy it.
~Cudadomini out
ed*alelric
I think it would be the first picture of the watch (by the way were did you find that at and for how much) smile.gif
linhdz
I say go for the second picture it looks more original and by the way winry carved that on ed's watch to remind him of the day they left their home laugh.gif
Ailuro
Winry didn't carve that, Ed did. If Winry carved it, why was she surprised by it? No, Ed definately did. There should no doubt about that.
sumflip
[spoiler]Ed carved "Don't Forget 3.Oct.10" on the inside of the watch. That is the date that He and Al burnt down their home. It's a reminder for them to keep moving forward and not turn back. I think...can someone confirm this?[/spoiler]
linhdz
sorry i probably read wrong or acording to what you guys are telling me I defenetly am wrong I have not been able to read the whole thing but correcting myself I wasn't wrong i was just miss informed dry.gif smile.gif tongue.gif huh.gif ohmy.gif cool.gif
Ailuro
Yes, sumflip, you are correct. happy.gif
cudadomini
Check this out, its a pocket watch made by a cosplay item maker:
IPB Image
oxsTaRbAyBeRzxo
thats tight
sumflip
that cosplay watch looks nice ^^...I'd like one of those watches, but I don't want the words that Ed etched into the watch in there...and I don't want it to say "FMA" anywhere on there either...it would be nice to have a watch that looks exactly like the one in the anime, just as if it were real and...not from the anime o.O ....if anyone know what's i'm trying to say XD
Ailuro
Yes, I get what you're saying. Just a plain old State Alchemist watch replica. Not a specific one like Ed's. I'd like one of those too! ohmy.gif
sumflip
^^ exactly
thats what ive been looking for, unfortunatly the guy that made that watch no longer accepts commissions. . .
DeadlyWhiteWolf
Ok guys I have purchased the Pocket Watch. Thanx for all the help and i got it on ebay heres the link to the seller (damn he ows me for this giving him publicity)

http://stores.ebay.com/Jimlhk_W0QQssPageNameZl2QQtZkm
(HES ALSO GOT A BUNCHA OTHER ANIME STUFF AND A NICE MAN)
Fullmetal Fangirl
i always dreamt of having one of those watches, but i knew it would cost heaps, the real one i mean. that one looks really face you knows...you can tell...XD bleh! i still wont it!

...hold on....from HONG KONG?! GAAAH! I WAS JUST IN HONG KONG TWO WEEKS AGO!!!!!! *dies*
Tobu Ishi
The homemade watch is nice, but it needs a coat of high-gloss silver paint all over. The metal of the watch is too shiny compared to the dull color of the added Amestrian lion-rampant-on-laurels symbol. A coat of paint would even the colors out and make them match.
hidden_death
go for the 1st one >.<
silentdeath
As my first post I'm requesting some help in looking for the pocket watch. (Please? Thank you? biggrin.gif ) I've seen the watches on eBay, but they all have something different from what the watch really looks like in the series...as all of you are already aware of.

QUOTE(sumflip @ Feb 8 2005, 10:46 PM)
it would be nice to have a watch that looks exactly like the one in the anime, just as if it were real and...not from the anime o.O ....if anyone know what's i'm trying to say XD
[snapback]109758[/snapback]

I agree...I want the watch too. Do you know where I can purchase a watch like the one Ed has? Don't mind if there is FMA on the back, but I would like an exact replica of the pocket watch. The differences I'm speaking about are that the the seconds timer (the mini clock in the middle of the watch) is always in the 'wrong' position, the words "don't forget..etc" are flipped to the side and that the connecting chain is like a clip rather than the circle (the chain that latches on to the pants/belt.) It might be impossible to find, but maybe some Japanese company came out with the original? huh.gif Don't know....anyone got any ideas?

If you can see the attachments, they are scans from the manga, vol. 5. I've been forwarding the pics to my friends in hopes that I'll come across the watch.... I'm only minorly obssessed with it.... rolleyes.gif Thanks for your attention!
dramabowwow
They look gay to me!! smile.gif
darksage78
This is the one I've seen in Anime stores:
http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIt...5961475772&rd=1

Just scroll down for the pictures. It comes with the watch and a necklace with the seal that Izumi has on her chest and Alphonse on his shoulder.
[Edward]
I'd never thought about this before, getting a replica of the watch. It's a very brilliant idea.

Let me see what i can find. Im a genious at finding things online. (unless its not online... then its a pain in the....) ANYWAY. give me a day or two... and i might have some info on the perfect watch.
McM123
Okay, this store has two watches. I don't know if they are bootlegs, and I don't care - this is for a gift for my friend. I'm not a big FMA person, so I really don't know which to get him - one with a fancy inscription that says "don't forget 3 Oct 11", or one with a kid's scrawl inscription, "Don't forget 3 Oct 10".

Can someone explain to me if either or both inscriptions are in the show, and their significance? I want to pick a nice gift for my friend. (He's young, and can't really afford either, so I'm being nice)

Which is a better gift, and why? do the inscriptions have any significance? (I don't really watch the show, but I'm buying one as a gift to my friend - which inscription should I get in them, and what do they both mean? Thank you for your detailed reply, I want this to be special. ^^
Roz
QUOTE(McM123 @ Mar 18 2005, 06:17 AM)
Which is a better gift, and why? do the inscriptions have any significance? (I don't really watch the show, but I'm buying one as a gift to my friend - which inscription should I get in them, and what do they both mean? Thank you for your detailed reply, I want this to be special. ^^
[snapback]135347[/snapback]

Yes - the one with 11 is WRONG and is a cheap fake from Hong Kong
Ailuro
3 Oct 10 is from the anime.
3 Oct 11 is from the manga.

So I guess it would really depend on your preference. Do you like the anime or the manga better?
Ailuro
QUOTE(Roz @ Mar 18 2005, 07:03 AM)
Yes - the one with 11 is WRONG and is a cheap fake from Hong Kong
[snapback]135524[/snapback]

Roz is wrong. 3 Oct 11 is from the manga. It is not fake.
Kyo_Umerio
ok this is the only part of the date i cant firgure out.... is the 3 for 1903? or is it a Time? like 3am/3pm?
Ailuro
It's for the day. It's the 3rd day of October in the year 1910. Or 1911 if you're going by the manga.
Kyo_Umerio
OH! i see thank you very much, i was reading as if the year was first followed by the month and day. happy.gif *feels stupid*
Red Shadow
Figure out whether your friend watches the anime or reads the manga and act accordingly.
Kurai_Eymru
Im Getting a Pocket watch but it looks alot diffrent its from Japanimation.com and inside it says DONT FORGET 3,OCT.11 now im confused in the Manga it says that but in the show it says 10 instead of 11.
Kyo_Umerio
thats because in the dates are different in the manga and the anime... it just depends on your prefrence. its not a fake or anything the Animes date is 3 Oct 10 and the mang ais 3 Oct 11 so yea... i too am getting that watch as soon as i get the money for it happy.gif
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh interesting - thank you! smile.gif

*Although my ego's bruised tongue.gif
Kyo_Umerio
Where can you buy them? cause as far as i knew there was only one. so can i have a link to both? please?
Hikari no Hohenheim
English way, it would be Oct. 3, 1910 or Oct. 3, 1911. But remember Amestris is based on England and Germany, so...
Kitty Cat
Can someone please explain to me what 3 Oct 11 or 3 Oct 10 means please?
The famous day when Ed & Al left, letting a burning home...
AA battery
personally I think the Oct 3, 11 (meaning manga) makes more sense than Oct 3, 10 (anime)... Ed made sure he can get the state alchemist certification before he burned his home down (manga) is... well, just makes more sense imo ^^;; so I would get the 11 one instead of the 10 one.
Kyo_Umerio
*nods* i totally agree. i dont like the way the anime did that entire part of the series. and i really didn't like that Ed met barry the chopper...
NeoKakashi
Try Ebay happy.gif
Lihanou
QUOTE(Kyo_Umerio @ Mar 23 2005, 07:45 AM)
and i really didn't like that Ed met barry the chopper...
[snapback]137867[/snapback]

Yeah, that part was really scary. You could just see the fear in his eyes...

I wonder why they changed it; was it the manga to soft or something??
I don't know, I think I like the anime version better. Well it's true it'd make sense for Ed to wait till he knew he could become a state alchemist to do it, it shows more determination on his part if he did it before he knew for sure (Kinda like saying "Even if I can't accomplish becoming A state alchemist, I'll still have to find another way and will not return")
Senefen
Yeah, that part was really scary. You could just see the fear in his eyes...

He had the same look when Envy threatened to kill him in the manga. But he didnt meet barry when he was 12 in the manga. Interesting, its the only time I've seem him look like that, even with scar. In the anime with Barry and in the manga with Envy. I think they just put it in to make up another episode.

English english way = dd/mm/yyyy
The Japanese use the english english way I think. *cant remember* I know they drive on the left side of the road biggrin.gif. Plus its based in Germany (evidently).
I'd get the manga one - but I'm a manga fan. If he only watches the anime get the anime one.
Roz
Yeah the only place I have seen them is ebay - but then again I live in the UK and they must be released somewhere in the US in shops!!
Ravashi
O_O confusing...in the manga it's 3 oct 11 and in the anime 3 oct 10...someone made a mistake...I need to recalculate...then it would be correct that Ed was 15 in 1915...else well he would be 16 then...oke I'm no longer confused there...
soozie
humm...I just dont know why in the anime series says 3.oct.10 in the watch, and there are so many cosplay watches that have the 3.oct.11 , and also so many cosplay watches that have 3.oct.10 ... I dont know wich of them to buy!!! sad.gif ... I readed that maybe the change of date is because in the manga says 3.oct.11 and in the anime says 3.oct.10.......but why?? Is this real??
Reika
QUOTE(soozie @ Aug 16 2005, 11:44 PM)
humm...I just dont know why in the anime series says 3.oct.10 in the watch, and there are so many cosplay watches that have the 3.oct.11 , and also so many cosplay watches that have 3.oct.10 ... I dont know wich of them to buy!!! sad.gif ... I readed that maybe the change of date is because in the manga says 3.oct.11 and in the anime says 3.oct.10.......but why?? Is this real??
[snapback]253511[/snapback]

because in the manga it's 3.oct.11 and in the anime 3.oct.10 ^^U
soozie
QUOTE(Reika @ Aug 16 2005, 05:45 PM)
QUOTE(soozie @ Aug 16 2005, 11:44 PM)
[snapback]253511[/snapback]

because in the manga it's 3.oct.11 and in the anime 3.oct.10 ^^U
[snapback]253513[/snapback]

but why? anyone knows???
Hikusa Rockgirl X
Yup, in the Anime Ed and Al burned their house BEFORE Ed did the State Alchemist exam
in the manga they burned their house AFTER the state alchemist exam
*that's the cause of the year difference* o.o

in my own.. I prefer the manga one XD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.