Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Movie Opening Date, Revealed
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1) > FMA Conqueror of Shambala Movie
Pages: 1, 2
Sycia
News from Japan

IPB Image

Fullmetal Alchemist: Conqueror of Shambala will open in Japan come 23rd July, 2005 (Saturday).

Source:
Official movie website >> link (jpn)
Hikari no Hohenheim
123 days and counting...
dzioo
finally some concrete news:P who's going to be in japan on 23rd of July??biggrin.gif
Atrius
I wish I could be, but for all those who are going to go see it,

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!
haplo
i might be able to go but only if parents lets me
Chiyo
blink.gif

Thats fantastic news. Now I have a date to envy everyone in Japan dry.gif

Kidding, cool news.
animefan101
HOLD UP!I thought it was coming to the us in 2005. sad.gif

My friend said she saw the comercial for the US relaese on the international chanal!The date was in the summer of 2005!Great now I have somthing to sulk over.Great news though!At least I fo8und out befor I planned out when I was going with my friends.Speaking of friends I have to go Talk to a certain friend.
kaym
Its great to hear about the movie. I was extremely worried it would have an unsettling ending. ( like inuyasha) *grumble*

Going to japan for the opening date?

Nah! i did that for the first inuyasha movie.

But will i ever drool if it ACTUALLY appeared in theaters here? ... YES blink.gif
MasterKris
THE MOVIE RELEASE DATE!!!
That is a longgggggg time. I can't wait that LONG!!!
Only way to solve this!!!
Pretend to wait for Christmas instead.
HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!!!!!!
Someone PLEASE write a summary for the movie right after knowing it.
July 23rd...
HEH HEH tongue.gif
Spectacal
*dies a little*
And we're going to NEW YORK this summer. Commonnn Mom, Japan is so much more fun biggrin.gif

...-after getting the answer "no"- she thinks i'm obcessive biggrin.gif
Ah well. It'll be out in America soon. Just like the Cowboy Bebop movie was...after a year of being in Japan...BUTYEAH.
sharpieaddicted
a year? how am i going to survive???
i can't wait..
Elderberry
The 23rd of July? Isn't Paku Romi's birthday on like the 23rd or 24th? ohmy.gif
Sycia
Hmm? Paku Romi's birthday just passed (well it wasn't that recent, but...) January 22nd~ ^^;
hagane_no_tokage
QUOTE(Sycia @ Mar 17 2005, 01:16 AM)
Fullmetal Alchemist: Conqueror of Shambala will open in Japan come 23rd July, 2005 (Saturday).
[snapback]134756[/snapback]

SWEET! that's three days before i plan to arrive in tokyo! huzzah! that means it will still be playing when i'm there~! *does a happy dance* yay! now my sister and i can go see it 15 times! w000000t!
QUOTE(hagane_no_tokage @ Mar 18 2005, 12:23 AM)

SWEET! that's three days before i plan to arrive in tokyo! huzzah! that means it will still be playing when i'm there~! *does a happy dance* yay! now my sister and i can go see it 15 times! w000000t!
[snapback]135422[/snapback]

WOW you're so lucky! I don't live in Japan nor US so.. dry.gif ..just hope I can get it on the internet then rolleyes.gif
Kiwi
126 days and that's only until the release in Japan? Noooo...I'm not gonna live that long...*sigh* Oh well, I sure hope it is going to be fansubbed...
Chiyo
*prays for fast subs*
_alchemist
YESSS!!! it's actually coming out in JULY!!! i thought it would be an august release but since it's officially announced its premiere in JULY i am like, ecstatic!!! laugh.gif

i just pray that fansubs will be out like, asap.
IronFlame
Erm how? first they need to bring out the DVD...
spam
Jāōwyn
Yay! I finally know the date! At least it's not too far off.
Fresh_Coffee
July 23rd? Is also the same day I moved and the day my friend is getting married 0_0. Everything for me happens on July 23rd!
KevLar
QUOTE(IronFlame @ Mar 18 2005, 08:04 PM)
Erm how? first they need to bring out the DVD...
[snapback]135803[/snapback]

It's very common for movies to come out on the intarweb before they're shown in America. All one has to do it video tape it.
Steel Alchemist
When will it b e released in America?
O_o
It's blink.gif fasinating to see myself screaming over the day when the movie is released then the Chinese Mid-Authm Festival or the Festival of the Moon wink.gif ... Ahhh MOOOOOVIE laugh.gif Cant wait for Moovie...[Gets a bad feeling that I will do badly in the exams due to excessive obsession over the MOOOVIEEEE] Movie...mooooo...movie... ... ...
Merc
When will it b e released in America?

Not for a LONG time. I would take a gander at about 6 months from the Japanese release, minimum. After all, they need to release the entire series in American first, otherwise the American audiences won't understand a single thing that's going on in the movie. Then you've got the licensing issues between the Cartoon Network, Funimation, and Bones to work through. x_x;

~Merc
checkmate_alchemist
Yet another reason for me to envy people who live in Japan dry.gif

We're going to have to wait at least until mid-2006 before the series is even finished! and that is saying that they get everything else resolved by that time. At least we know it won't be in 2020 though.
The Heart Of Bennu
When will it be released in America?

Not straight away, maybe in about a few years after the series ends its run in America, but I'm certain that it will since FMA is quickly gaining popularity after its run on CN's Adult Swim. The ratings it's been receiving were huge, it was a good marketing move on Cartoon Network's part to braodcast FMA right after Futurama, one of its more popular shows on Adult Swim.
poodogpoo
Will it come out in Singapore???? I mean its like the series of FMA will end like on the nxt month!! So will it come out before the US???
OMG!! I wished i could go JAPAN during that period however the holidays here are in JUNE! NOT JULY
Amanda
sad.gif Damn it i hate living in the UK! they dnt even show the series here, and they probably won't show it or the movie!
lol76
CN screwed up all the episodes anyway. Also whoever goes to the showing MUST SEND ME THE TAPED VERSION! Gmail can hold all 600-700 mb of it so you can just email it to me! Even if I can't speak Japanese it is still going to be awesome happy.gif
Digitalgirl
QUOTE(lol76 @ Mar 24 2005, 05:00 PM)
CN screwed up all the episodes anyway. Also whoever goes to the showing MUST SEND ME THE TAPED VERSION! Gmail can hold all 600-700 mb of it so you can just email it to me! Even if I can't speak Japanese it is still going to be awesome happy.gif
[snapback]138532[/snapback]

send it to me also please smile.gif
animefan101
QUOTE(hagane_no_tokage @ Mar 18 2005, 12:23 AM)

[snapback]135422[/snapback]

*slumps in corner*lucky.
mommaG
Summaries Promised??? Very good, I thank you so much!!!! So, about how long after the movie releases in Japan before I can import the DVD to play on my region-free player?? I don't speak Japanese, but if a summary or script is available, I can certainly follow the action!!

MommaG
darkangelslayer
Ok, I know this question will probably piss off a lot of you but I'm I need to ask because I've been hearing so many rumors that it's blowing my mind. This is the best site for any information about FMA so that's why I'm asking.
How many FMA movies are there exactly?

(I also deeply apologize if this is in the wrong thread)
Jāōwyn
QUOTE(darkangelslayer @ Apr 3 2005, 02:30 PM)
Ok, I know this question will probably piss off a lot of you but I'm I need to ask because I've been hearing so many rumors that it's blowing my mind. This is the best site for any information about FMA so that's why I'm asking.
How many FMA movies are there exactly?

(I also deeply apologize if this is in the wrong thread)
[snapback]146200[/snapback]

There'll be just one movie. Why would that question make us mad? blink.gif
Sycia
Yep, only 1 upcoming movie is planned.

Although... there have been rumors of a continuation of the TV series flying around at a Japanese forum I frequent.... Purely rumors though.
Duo Himura
Yeah, wouldn't making a countinuation of the series kinda defeat the purpose of the movie, since its purpose appears to be tying up the loose ends left by the series?

And I think he was figuring one of us would say something like "You idiot! How you could you possibly not know that there's only going to be one movie!?" But I kinda doubt that any of the people here (certainly not anyone I've encountered) would say that sort of thing. Unless his post was horribly illegible or written all in caps or something.
Jāōwyn
Oops. I double posted by accident. Ignore this. Sorry 'bout that.
Jāōwyn
QUOTE(Duo Himura @ Apr 5 2005, 05:34 PM)
And I think he was figuring one of us would say something like "You idiot! How you could you possibly not know that there's only going to be one movie!?" But I kinda doubt that any of the people here (certainly not anyone I've encountered) would say that sort of thing. Unless his post was horribly illegible or written all in caps or something.
[snapback]147345[/snapback]

Yeah, you're probably right. Thank goodness people are calm here. That's why I like these boards so much. Now the [adult swim] boards, that's another story. *shudders*
[snapback]148420[/snapback]
Electrastar
QUOTE(Hikari no Hohenheim @ Mar 17 2005, 07:35 AM)
123 days and counting...
[snapback]134855[/snapback]

That'll come way faster than we all think. I just hope the fansub comes out quickly has well, but I'm not quite sure....
Zarpia
Yes i will pray for the fansubs to come out fast
LoMXD
It will definetly come out in America on DVD right?
I sure hope so. unsure.gif
Fullmetal Fangirl
Lets hope they dont dub it and put it in teh CINEMAS afterwards *shivers*

So...how many more days now?
Electrastar
QUOTE(Fullmetal Fangirl @ May 7 2005, 08:22 PM)
Lets hope they dont dub it and put it in teh CINEMAS afterwards *shivers*

So...how many more days now?
[snapback]168447[/snapback]

Why not ? If it's the same cast that does the dvds, I don't think it'll be so bad....I can't be any worse than the Pokémon or the Yugi Oh movies....now that's awful....
LoMXD
As long as it comes out to own in the US I'm fine, but I hope they do correct voices,

*thinks how horrible te pokemon movie was*
Hagane no Renzy
Let's see. Does anyone have an estimate of how long it'll take...uhh, some awesome guy to dub teh movie? Cuz school starts again like 24th of August or something so that'll give the movie exactly a month to dub so I can watch it with much glee spazms.

*has a glee spazm*
GUesT!%$#$
OmG!$!# how long do u think it will take for it to be subbed buy the people...... WHo sub it.. cause now it'll only be like 2 weeks b4 it comes out and i hear that the people who get the RAW gets It #@%% fast
eerabbit
wasnt the date of the release on the most recent trailer? at the very end it said summer july 23 2005 something like that..except it was mostly jap i think so all i could read were the numbers and the words that resembled chinese.. unsure.gif but its nice to be sure
Mistress of Darkness
The date was released a very long time ago - I've been to the website enough times to the point where I thought I would make the server go down (but it didn't!). ^^;;;

I know a lot of you are hoping for it to be brought to America very quickly, but it'll probably be two years before anything english related comes out. I mean, we haven't finished the series yet. It starts up in November, we have 26 weeks to wait it out, so according to my calculations, we should be done by April/May (sometimes CN will take a weekend or two and show a movie, or do something a little different, etc.). And they have to do the dubbing for that.

THEN they can start on the movie. Hopefully Bones, CN, and funi will get everything straighted out quickly (2-4 months - lazy business games where you have to play on business merry-go-rounds. :/). The dubbing will probably take two months. And then time to either 1) physically put the content on the DVDs, put them in cases, print the artwork that goes on the box, etc. or 2) promote the movie like hellll, either for a limited theatre engagement (the best possibility - I'd scream with joy if it got into theaters) or having it on CN (aww. sad.gif )

I'm very interested in seeing the English Dub. The voice acting is very good in my opinion, and I resent anyone who says Vic Mignogna sounds like crap (I'll beat you to a pulp. ¬_¬).

Fan subs? The earliest date would probably be a month to two months afterwards. This would require a fan subber to get their hands on a video taped version of the movie (you know, stuff they sell on the black market), and then spend a month subbing it (could be less or more, I'm estimating). The problem is, getting your hands on a blackmarket version.

With an official DVD release (probably 6 months after the movie is released), you can at least buy/ order from an online website and get it shipped to you in Japanese (you've presumably got an all-region DVD player), and then sub it, so 7-8 months total. With something black market, it's not as if they parade around the internet saying "oh, we ship illegal-ish goods overseas!" Besides, they're just people trying to make a living - not start an enterprise.

I would only be mildly surprised, however, if you did get a fan sub 1-2 months after the movie release. I mean, one person on these boards is already going to Japan (Oh dear, I've forgotten your name - sorry!) during that time, so perhap a fansubber would be around to watch it, and then say, a week later while still in Japan, get a black market copy to sub when they get home. (or if they have a really good friend in Japan willing to ship an illegal copy to them)

Those are just my guesses. I'm sorry if it came out this way, but I wasn't trying to sound presumptuous/arrogant - people were asking, so I was trying to answer logically. Please don't shoot me! *_*
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.