Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ed's Hair: Short Or Long?
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > FMA Character Discussions
Pages: 1, 2, 3
ed's secret agent
<Changing thread title from "Hair: Short Or Long?, Edward Elric" to Ed's Hair: Short or Long?" 02/23/07 ~Tombow>

What do you fans think? Do you like Ed's hair long, or short?

I like it long.
Envy's lil' miniskirt
Long!

But then again I'm a fan of men with long hair. I made my fiancee grow his hair back when we got together.
Heart Mending Alchemist
Long! Ya gotta love that braid!
.Memories.
I like Ed's hair long,i love the braid. tongue.gif
Water Achemist
Long, because, like everyone else, I think the braid rocks! LOVE THE BRAID!
Elderberry
I agree with everyone else so far, long blonde hair in a braid...rolleyes.gif

...I think this would have been far more effective as a poll...sleep.gif
Ailuro
The short hair is new and it's a nice change. And I like change. Yet the braid is unusual and out there! And I also like unusual things. So I just like both. ^^
edsgirl
I just can't picture Ed with shoet hair. The braid is sexy though.
sharpieaddicted
i've only seen ed pull off the long hair thing.
i like it long but on actual guys i can't see it the same way.
Water Achemist
In one of the later episodes it shows Ed with long hair, but it just doesn't appeal to me as much, like I said... Ed's gotta have the braid!
Ailuro
QUOTE(edsgirl @ Mar 15 2005, 05:58 PM)
[snapback]133842[/snapback]

Would you like to see Ed with short hair? I have a screenshot...sorta. o.o
~FMAgurl~
QUOTE(Ailuro @ Mar 15 2005, 07:17 PM)
QUOTE(edsgirl @ Mar 15 2005, 05:58 PM)
[snapback]133842[/snapback]

Would you like to see Ed with short hair? I have a screenshot...sorta. o.o
[snapback]133857[/snapback]

really? Can you post it? I'd like to see Ed with short hair too! I can't imagine Ed with short hair... unless he was little, but that's about it happy.gif But of course I still like him with the braid smile.gif
Blade Alchemist
I like it when he has both short and long hair. I like it when it's long but I can't stand it when he doesn't have it in the braid.
ed's secret agent
Ed's braid is just so awesome. Though, it wouldn't quite work the same way for real guys. But, why doesn't he cut it?
Ailuro
This could be counted as a spoiler, but I don't think you'd know what was going on if you haven't seen it. So look away! =D

P.S. Don't ask me spoiler questions. I won't answer them. wink.gif

Short-haired Edo
Lucky Charm
QUOTE(Ailuro @ Mar 15 2005, 08:11 PM)
This could be counted as a spoiler, but I don't think you'd know what was going on if you haven't seen it. So look away! =D

Short-haired Edo
[snapback]133902[/snapback]

I like Ed's hair long better, even though im not a fan to men with long hair. But i'd have to make an exception with Ed, he looks really great with it. Especially with the braid. I've had my hair done like that before a lot when I was younger and I absolutely loved it =) Im not obssesed with Ed like some girls are here, but he is one of my favorite characters. By the way...can you post a pic of Ed when he was a baby (like 1-3 years old or so). He looked so adorable!
Toby-Chan
The thing about long hair on guys is that it looks fine in anime, but almost never in real life.

And I like the long hair Ed. I've grown used to him, and seeing him with such short hair just dosen't seem right. Maybe if he tried without the bangs and totally spiking it in a Naruto-ish type thing, then it could work, but he'd lose his infamous cowlick.

Actually, I like Ed with the ponytail.

Mild spoiler (Just to be safe)

[spoiler] In the last episode while he was packing his suitcase, with his hair in that ponytail, wearing that dorky studious outfit and looking all mature, I was thinking he looked a little handsome. Maybe it was just the air of newfound maturity, or maybe he got a little taller, but I think the ponytail helped. [/spoiler]
Yukina_Raven
Have to agree with you about the ponytail, Toby-chan. biggrin.gif Seems like he wears it like that in the movie. *SQUEE*

Like it long, in a braid. His long hair is part of what makes Ed... well, Ed. Ya know? He looks too normal with short hair. XD
aNiMeAzNgUrLLH
I like both. His hair was cute whn he was young, and his braid looks good. Either way, I like it.
ed's secret agent
QUOTE(Ailuro @ Mar 15 2005, 08:11 PM)

Short-haired Edo

Woah. That don't look right.
[But, I saved it anyways. biggrin.gif ]

He must be thinking "Holy shit."
Ed looks good with short hair but, short bangs? ohmy.gif No. mad.gif

XD
Gate Crosser
I like Ed's hair however it's done.

Long, short, braided, tied...it all looks good to me.

But I have a soft spot for the pony tail. He looks very mature with it, and toward the end he did become very handsome.

Most guys can't tie their hair up, nevermind braid it. Either way, I give Ed a thumbs up for being able to do it. laugh.gif
Ailuro
Ah yes. I agree with y'all about the ponytail. :D
yukiroche
I love his hair down, braided, ponytailed or ANYTHING! Every style looks good on him.
Kyo_Umerio
Long... ya know if he wanted.... her could use that braid in a combo when he attacks. XD!!!
Alex_Louis_Armstrong
Ed's Ponytail is to show that he grew up. When he was small he had short hair then when he became a teenager he had long hair with a braid and now he has a Ponytail. All of us are used to seeing Ed with his braided hair, which I think suits him best, but I don't like how he looks without the braid.
Kitoky
Okay, I really like Ed with his long hair but I love it more when it's just up in a ponytail - it makes him look older, and more mysterious with a dark past, y'know what I mean?
skykitten
QUOTE(Ailuro @ Mar 15 2005, 09:11 PM)

Short-haired Edo

i heard this was al
ed's secret agent
That don't look like Al...
Ailuro
QUOTE(skykitten @ Mar 21 2005, 05:31 PM)
QUOTE(Ailuro @ Mar 15 2005, 09:11 PM)

P.S. Don't ask me spoiler questions. I won't answer them. ;)

Short-haired Edo

i heard this was al
[snapback]137182[/snapback]

I've seen the whole series probably fifty times. I know what I'm talking about. :D
tenpura
I think Ed's braid is kind of a signature trait. ^^ I really prefer it, and I probably couldn't tell Ed and Al apart (if Al was in human form). So, I like the braid.
sumflip
Looks like Al...but I've seen the series twice and well...it's not ohmy.gif
ed's secret agent
Ed is cool with short hair...
Ailuro
QUOTE(sumflip @ Mar 21 2005, 07:03 PM)
Looks like Al...but I've seen the series twice and well...it's not ohmy.gif
[snapback]137236[/snapback]

How does that look like Al? o_O I don't see it, someone please explain.
Kyo_Umerio
its does SORT of look like Al, i think its cause you can see the ears and the back is short, but you can tell its Ed by the Color and the eyes happy.gif
AA battery
long + braid > long + ponytail imo ^^;

ah come on people, isn't it easy enough to differentiate Ed and Al with their eyes already? -.- that short hair Edo IS edo.
xrninja
for me, ponytail > braid > short hair. biggrin.gif
Toby-Chan
While thinking about how Ed looks handsome with the ponytail, I got to thinking about Ed actually growing up and maturing and whatnot and... it freaks the flippin heck out of me! >.< I love Ed with all my heart, but he's awesome in a fun little brother sort of way, and thinking about how Ed has to grow up, and all that is so sad. ;_; I'm sorta dreading the movie for that reason.

... What am I saying? This is a hair thread!

How I doth roam off topic!
Duck Samson
Short hair totally kinda like how he had it with his earthly body past the gate "ed heidrech?"
sumflip
You guys don't think he looks like Al with short hair D:? I don't mean when Al's in the armor if that's what you're thinking ;\.

[spoiler]Like at the end of the series you see Al....Ed's hairstyle reminds me of Al ;\...I might be wrong...I havent seen it in a while...I'll go search for some pics right now ohmy.gif[/spoiler]

Er...I just looked at a picture of Al and I guess he really doesn't look much like short-hair Ed..my bad tongue.gif ...don't know what I saw when I thought he looked like Al...guess it might have been the new clothes and the fact his hair's short ;x .
Sonic-Teal
QUOTE(xrninja @ Mar 23 2005, 03:21 AM)
for me, ponytail > braid > short hair. biggrin.gif
[snapback]137895[/snapback]

Agreed indubetly (I love that word, oh wait here while i change into some tobes and gab a pipe)
MustEd4ever

Short-haired Edo

OMIGOSH! WHEN I SAW THAT PIC, i FREAKED out! I was like, WHERE DID HIS HAIR GO?

o yea, and btw-i kno its prolly a spoiler, but wuts up with ed and black hair???? *ponders*

i prefer...nothing. i love his hair in any way shape or form. a braid is sexy, a ponytail is mature, and short hair is different for him...so yea, i like all three...just not black...
sumflip
Spoiler for the Black hair:
[spoiler]Ed had black hair to disguise himself when he went back to that one town where Rose was...forgot its name[/spoiler]
Toby-Chan
No, no no, sumflip. That was...

[spoiler]When Ed disguised himself to go to Liore (Rose's city), He just wore a scrubby cloak and a brown wig that made him look like Wrath.[/spoiler]

On the other hand...

[spoiler]The black hair was for when he was trying to escape being caught by the military, since at that point he was considered a traitor. XD With the big brimmed hat, and the trenchoat and the dark glasses... he looked sorta like Alucard. That outfit was so super sweet. Poor Ed... he had to wear stilts to avoid being identified. [/spoiler]
Lucky Charm
You guys don't like ed with his pony tail?!

IMO, he looks very handsome with it. He looks very mature for his age too. He also looks very serious now. I think it suits him fine!! ^___^
Silver Alchemist
I like Ed's hair...it looks....nice.
sumflip
QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ Mar 24 2005, 04:17 PM)
No, no no, sumflip.  That was...

[spoiler]When Ed disguised himself to go to Liore (Rose's city), He just wore a scrubby cloak and a brown wig that made him look like Wrath.[/spoiler]

On the other hand...

[spoiler]The black hair was for when he was trying to escape being caught by the military, since at that point he was considered a traitor.  XD  With the big brimmed hat, and the trenchoat and the dark glasses... he looked sorta like Alucard.  That outfit was so super sweet.  Poor Ed... he had to wear stilts to avoid being identified. [/spoiler]
[snapback]138537[/snapback]

Oh ;o....biggrin.gif I guess I can't know everything ^^; ...Anyways...I like Ed with braided hair...looks cool ohmy.gif...where's Ed with a ponytail? Can someone post a pic? It might be a mind-changer ^^ .
Kitty Cat
I like ed with both.. but I likre the braided more
Toby-Chan
Sumflip: Um... ::Not good at getting images:: In the thread with the movie scans, there's some pictures of ponytail!Ed from the last ep in the magazine article.

My curent list iiiiisss... : AlucardCosplay!Hair>Ponytail>Braid>Little-Kid-Short>Long>Ack!Short
-Kr!zY-
I like Ed's long hair!...i think it makes him look cooler XP
sumflip
Oh ya that picture....It looks alright..but I think I like braided better then tongue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.