Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fma Action Figures This Week?
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1) > English Dub episodes (on Adult Swim)
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Kyo_Umerio
O.O!!! You are the best Neko-sama *bows* so um... have you ever ordered from them Online? *wonders if they are trust worthy*
miss_neko
no, i usually just go to their retail store since it's faster but don't worry im sure they're not going to steal your money. if they do (again i'm sure they won't) you can tell me and i'll go to the store and complain to them in person.
Kyo_Umerio
XD!!! very very rearsuring. if that happens then i will be sure to tell you.
angieness
We just got a shipment in at work at Suncoast, and sadly no FMA figures!

On the less exciting side we got in the FMA shoulder bag things
http://store1.yimg.com/I/dragonballzcentral_1836_42128287

yeah yeah it's dull and totally not worth the money but yeah ^^;
We've been getting in a lot of anime figures lately, just got Hellsing figs and the second wave of the first set of Inu Yasha Toynami figs so hopefully I'll be seeing the FMA ones soon!
We get trend shipments every Friday so I'll keep you posted for more FMA merchandise
miss_neko
how much is the bag? i MIGHT get it if it's under 15 lol
TheVileOne
Thanks for keeping us posted on the merch angieness.
angieness
Your welcome! ^^ The bag is a whopping 26.99, and sadly that's how much it is everywhere I've looked online. That's the general price the company Myth likes to charge for bags. It's nice and all but I'm not shelling out that much for it ^^; For the Inu Yasha fans the set of figures we got in included the once convention only exclusive, human Inu Yasha.

And if any of you have a WaldenBooks in the area, the Walden downstairs from my store just got in some Inu Yasha and Hellsing gashapon. They're also going to be having a sale on manga starting Monday, buy 3 manga for the price of 2. I imagine it's a universal sale for all Waldens so it's worth checking out if you like saving money on manga
Kyo_Umerio
Angieness i just went to Suncoast the other day and bouth their entire shippment of these. http://www.animecastle.com/catalog/models/...c-34351set.html
they only had 8 and lucky i got all 6 figures and two extras happy.gif;;;
angieness
Very cool! You're lucky to have gotten them! We sold out of ours within a week. If there isn't a Suncoast or they're sold out in anyone's area, try WaldenBooks and Borders
AlphonseRules
I have a Suncoast near me but I think that they just don't carry the figures cause they didn't have any and I didn't see any empty spots on the shelf where they would be. I'm sure that it is up to the manager of each particular store to decide if they will carry certain items. It's just a little wierd cause they have a pretty good selection of anime and manga there. Oh well.
Kyo_Umerio
QUOTE(AlphonseRules @ Apr 4 2005, 02:46 PM)
I have a Suncoast near me but I think that they just don't carry the figures cause they didn't have any and I didn't see any empty spots on the shelf where they would be.  I'm sure that it is up to the manager of each particular store to decide if they will carry certain items.  It's just a little wierd cause they have a pretty good selection of anime and manga there.  Oh well.
[snapback]146752[/snapback]

XD!! maybe you went to the one i went to and they just moved the Onegai Twins ones over into the space where the FMA ones...were.....oh wait n/m your from florida happy.gif;;;;
miss_neko
QUOTE (AlphonseRules @ Apr 4 2005, 01:46 PM)
I have a Suncoast near me but I think that they just don't carry the figures cause they didn't have any and I didn't see any empty spots on the shelf where they would be.  I'm sure that it is up to the manager of each particular store to decide if they will carry certain items.  It's just a little wierd cause they have a pretty good selection of anime and manga there.  Oh well.

did you ask them if they have it for going to restock it? all suncoast has a good selection of anime lol.

Kyo_Umerio
QUOTE (miss_neko @ Apr 4 2005, 09:31 PM)
QUOTE (AlphonseRules @ Apr 4 2005, 01:46 PM)

did you ask them if they have it for going to restock it? all suncoast has a good selection of anime lol.

they said not until next truck happy.gif;;; sorry other people that go to same suncoast as me happy.gif

angieness
Merchandise update! Still no figures, I'm hoping once we sell the last Inu Yasha action figure they'll send us the legendary FMA posable figures.
Sadly our shipments are totally random so we never know what we're going to get in so we can't choose what we're getting or believe me we would have FMA all over my store

We did get several copies of this poster though

http://images.auctionworks.com/fullView.as...mist_at4204.jpg

it has this picture minus the oddly placed FMA logo, it instead has Fullmetal Alchemist written in the bottom write corner and Funimation info.
Hope we get more posters, it's likely considering we have like 5 different Inu Yasha posters.
I don't know specific dimensions but it's bigger than those plasticy posters you get on ebay, probably about the same size as the posters that come in Newtype which would probably be a bit bigger than 18 X 24.
I know they're a few inches smaller than the Inu Yasha posters we have

Man getting shipment is like Christmas lately, pretty much every week we've gotten some form of FMA merchandise in
Kirara
My suncoast sold out of those little figures too.
But that is also probably my fault, I got them all with the exception of Winry. tongue.gif
Guest_HyrulesHero_*
Hey, i just wanted to let everyone know that I found the new Kotobikiya figures

they had 1 al 1 ed 2 winrys, theyve had them for about a week I've just been completely broke, and they are SWEET!!!
with the exception that you've gotta pull really hard to get Eds arms off, and the first time you do the sockes full of this white powdery flour-like stuff,
the attention to detail, and well the whole freakin thing is awesome,
youve gotta get them.

By the way I got them at the Comic City in Novi, MI.
angieness
Kyo_Umerio
can anyone help me out? i'm having issues. i ordered some FMA things from Japanimation.com and well i put the order in and they recieved my payment, but my stuff hasn't been shipped yet. has anyone else had issues with that or anything like that? its been almost 2 weeks since they got my payment. has anyone else had this type of delay? should i be worrying about it? should i contact them? i was just wondering if anyone else order FMA stuff from there and if anyone else was having troubles
Kirara
I've ordered from them before and never had a problem. My guess is the items weren't actually in stock and they had to reorder them. Once my items took a long time to ship so they sent me a free keychain. They should also have a phone number on their site that you can call in case you have a problem.

\\Tel: (650) 595-4663 Fax: (650) 595-4332 Toll-Free Order Line: (866) 378-3686
Kyo_Umerio
QUOTE(Kirara @ Apr 17 2005, 07:22 PM)
I've ordered from them before and never had a problem. My guess is the items weren't actually in stock and they had to reorder them. Once my items took a long time to ship so they sent me a free keychain.  They should also have a phone number on their site that you can call in case you have a problem.

\\Tel: (650) 595-4663    Fax: (650) 595-4332    Toll-Free Order Line: (866) 378-3686
[snapback]154984[/snapback]

well i was thinking about that but i didn't want to bother them if someone already had a reason as to why it was taking so long. anyways. the Posseable Al, Winry, and Ed are they being released in the US?
xrninja
QUOTE(Kyo_Umerio @ Apr 3 2005, 09:10 AM)
Angieness i just went to Suncoast the other day and bouth their entire shippment of these. http://www.animecastle.com/catalog/models/...c-34351set.html
[snapback]146111[/snapback]

ahah! i went shopping for the first time in forever a few days ago and discovered my mall had a suncoast, and my friends and i bought all of their figures. laugh.gif i got ed and roy and my friend gave me her hawkeye, and my other friend got hughes. pity they only had four, though. the suncoast guy was highly amused by our excitement. tongue.gif
Kyo_Umerio
QUOTE(xrninja @ Apr 17 2005, 11:58 PM)
QUOTE(Kyo_Umerio @ Apr 3 2005, 09:10 AM)
[snapback]146111[/snapback]

ahah! i went shopping for the first time in forever a few days ago and discovered my mall had a suncoast, and my friends and i bought all of their figures. laugh.gif i got ed and roy and my friend gave me her hawkeye, and my other friend got hughes. pity they only had four, though. the suncoast guy was highly amused by our excitement. tongue.gif
[snapback]155074[/snapback]

lol i had the same type of reaction since i bought all 8 happy.gif;;; but then i had coupons and he had trouble with those....3...coupons happy.gif;;; he doesn't like me anymore. but the other bald guy found it amusing and welcomes me with open arms each time i come in... and then the white haired lady calls me by name... so yea... i think i made friends and an enemy XD!!!
miss_neko
lol you guys actually made friends with the worker at suncoast! hahaha =D well.. i didn't make any friends there -__- probably because they are a lot older then me. lol
Kyo_Umerio
QUOTE(miss_neko @ Apr 18 2005, 05:48 PM)
lol you guys actually made friends with the worker at suncoast! hahaha =D well.. i didn't make any friends there -__- probably because they are a lot older then me. lol
[snapback]155668[/snapback]

they are alot older than me too but somehow i still did.. here Miss_Neko read the post that i posted earlier about Japanimation and tell me what you think please?
angieness
hehe I've made lots of friends working at Suncoast ^^ I love it when anime fans come in, it's even more exciting when people who just got into anime come into the store and then I can tell them their lives depend on buying Fullmetal Alchemist. I swear, Funimation needs to pay me on commission because we keep selling out of the series cause I keep telling every anime fan it's the best anime I've seen in years which is true. A lot of the people who I sold the first volume to came back for the second and reserved the 3rd and 4th volumes so the disease is spreading! laugh.gif
Kyo_Umerio
QUOTE(angieness @ Apr 20 2005, 02:14 PM)
hehe I've made lots of friends working at Suncoast ^^ I love it when anime fans come in, it's even more exciting when people who just got into anime come into the store and then I can tell them their lives depend on buying Fullmetal Alchemist. I swear, Funimation needs to pay me on commission because we keep selling out of the series cause I keep telling every anime fan it's the best anime I've seen in years which is true. A lot of the people who I sold the first volume to came back for the second and reserved the 3rd and 4th volumes so the disease is spreading!  laugh.gif
[snapback]157115[/snapback]

XD that or you seduce them into it... like that evil girl at Sam Goody ~_~ she was SOOOOOOOOOOO hot and she had a pierced lip and she was short and kept flirting with me until i got my reply card renewed... she made me melt like putty in her hands *sighs*
Kirara
Yeah the Sunocast people know me too. But that is because I am there at least once a month (usually more). smile.gif

Although I am not sure if any of the workers there are into anime, with the exception of one girl who doesn't work the shift I usually shop during.
Kyo_Umerio
QUOTE(Kirara @ Apr 20 2005, 09:51 PM)
Yeah the Sunocast people know me too. But that is because I am there at least once a month (usually more).  smile.gif

Although I am not sure if any of the workers there are into anime, with the exception of one girl who doesn't work the shift I usually shop during.
[snapback]157481[/snapback]

its really really hard to find attractive otaku's aroudn here. they dont like it here i guess... LOL there was one working at game stop... but i dont know where she went. anyways does anyone know a good trust worthy store wher ei can Order/ Pre-Order Book in Figure BLUE?
I worked at a Suncoast for a few weeks between fall and spring semester, and none of the other employees knew a thing about anime. It was pathetic. How can a Suncoast not have a single otaku employee? They need me back there as soon as possible.

Anyhoo, they have some pretty cool figures at Hot Topic. I love the one with Ed's automail showing.
angieness
QUOTE(Guest @ Apr 21 2005, 04:06 AM)
I worked at a Suncoast for a few weeks between fall and spring semester, and none of the other employees knew a thing about anime.  It was pathetic.  How can a Suncoast not have a single otaku employee?  They need me back there as soon as possible. 

Anyhoo, they have some pretty cool figures at Hot Topic.  I love the one with Ed's automail showing.
[snapback]157486[/snapback]

Oh man they got the figures before us? I shall punch them in the face! Oh yeah today's Friday and I work and we get shipment so I will hungrily look for the pretty figures. And actually, I got hired at Suncoast because I like anime laugh.gif seriously, when I went to my job interview I was like yeah I like anime and they were all holy crap! When can you start?! heh So it's very easy to get a job there if you like anime and the store is hiring.

And an employee hit on you Kyo? hehe I try not to bust out with my arsenal for replay cards, considering most anime shoppers have one anyways, but I will if needed. biggrin.gif Being a girl that likes anime comes in handy when you work somewhere that supplies it
angieness
Sorry for the double post but I'm thrilled to let you guys know we got the action figures in! They're awesome! They run 15.99 a piece and we got 2 of each figure in so I recommend calling the store ahead of time or even just calling to get the store to hold them for you if they get them in
Kyo_Umerio
QUOTE(angieness @ Apr 22 2005, 08:05 PM)
Sorry for the double post but I'm thrilled to let you guys know we got the action figures in! They're awesome! They run 15.99 a piece and we got 2 of each figure in so I recommend calling the store ahead of time or even just calling to get the store to hold them for you if they get them in
[snapback]158911[/snapback]

Thanx soo much for the info Angieness happy.gif i have awesome info too... well for me.. i got my state alchemist watch today SQUEE!!!!!!!! i'm an official State Alchemist happy.gif *ish a gdog of the military* anyways i thought i ordered the first set of trading arts figures... well.. turns out that i order the character figures that i alread bought at same goody.... so now i have 1 full set of 6 figures and 10 extras.... or 2 full sets and 4 extras happy.gif;;;; anyone wanna buy 12 figures? happy.gif;;;
Kirara
Thanks so much Anginess.. It is great to have inside information, although I wish I had checked this message board before I went home from work because I was right near Suncoast yesterday. I am heading over this morning so I really hope they still have some left. smile.gif

Also I found Volume 1 of the manga at Walden Books yesterday. It has a shiny silver cover instead of the white one that is advertised so I wonder if this is the permanent cover or just a special edition one. It looks much better than the white cover.
TheVileOne
QUOTE(angieness @ Apr 23 2005, 02:05 AM)

This all leads to a funny story for me. Based on Angieness's update I decided to check out my local Suncoast today in Highland Mall in Austin, Texas. They did indeed have all the Fullmetal Alchemist figures, and they even had 2 of each. All $15.99. I decided to buy Ed and Al, but when I went to check them out the clerk told me that they were marked "NOT TO BE SOLD UNTIL MAY 1st"! WTF?!!! Well the clerk was nice enough to put both of them on hold for me so I can get them in May, and they gave me $15 in gift certificates, so I kinda get a free figure out of it I suppose.

Have any idea what that might be about angieness? Do you guys have the same deal with your FMA figures? And all the ADs said the figures were due out IN MARCH.

Anyway, all the figures look great. Ed has 3 interchangable arms and a spear. Al is huge and his paint finish is awesome. The packaging on the figures is awesome. I'm just annoyed I can't have them now sad.gif .
miss_neko
^i think it's maybe because they put it on display but they weren't suppose to yet.
TheVileOne
rolleyes.gif

I realize that miss neko. I just wanted to know why they are marked to May 1st.
Kirara
My Suncoast didn't have them but another small comic store did for slightly more money ($19 for Ed and Winry and $21 for Al). Being the impatient person that I am I couldn't wait to buy the figures for the cheapter price at Suncoast (and I have a gift certificate too) and bought them at the more expensive store. But I am still happy that I finally got them. tongue.gif

They are very detailed, articulate and large. Personally I find the number of extra parts to be ridiculous since most of those parts will just end up being stored in some drawer out of sight but I am still very happy with the figures. biggrin.gif
TheVileOne
How's the quality on the plastic, tightness of the joints/articulation Kirara?

What's your favorite way to pose Ed? With coat? W/o coat? With bladed auto-mail or not?
Kirara
The quality is very nice and the figures move all over (their heads, arms, hands, legs, feet and waist. Removing and putting the parts back in, is a pain though.

I finally ended up with the figures posed in the following way

Al is holding the kitten

Winry is holding the wrench with the other tool in her back. I have Ed's automail arm at her feet and I decided to stay with the head without the bandanna.

Ed still has his red coat on (I have 3 other Ed figures where he does not have the red coat, so this was an easy decision) but his one white glove was replaced by a metal hand. He is also holding the spear they included.

Well thats about it and now they are all standing on the top of one of my book shelves. And hopefully they will stay that way without falling smile.gif
TheVileOne
Awesome, thanks Kirara. Its so awesome that Al comes with his kittens. And Winry is in her fan service outfit.

Though at least I won't be shelling out for them like you did. I'm getting $15 off for both Ed and Al biggrin.gif .
Kirara
Though at least I won't be shelling out for them like you did. I'm getting $15 off for both Ed and Al

Thanks for rubbing it in. laugh.gif. But now I can just save my gift certificate and replay coupons for other items.
TheVileOne
Yes, but you will never regain your soul which you gave away by paying the more expensive price for the FMA figures smile.gif .
Kirara
I think the fact that I already have 3 different types of Fullmetal action figures shows that my soul is already long gone. Besides I travelled over an hour to get the figures, I couldn't come home empty-handed. laugh.gif
angieness
QUOTE(TheVileOne @ Apr 23 2005, 05:15 PM)
QUOTE(angieness @ Apr 23 2005, 02:05 AM)

This all leads to a funny story for me. Based on Angieness's update I decided to check out my local Suncoast today in Highland Mall in Austin, Texas. They did indeed have all the Fullmetal Alchemist figures, and they even had 2 of each. All $15.99. I decided to buy Ed and Al, but when I went to check them out the clerk told me that they were marked "NOT TO BE SOLD UNTIL MAY 1st"! WTF?!!! Well the clerk was nice enough to put both of them on hold for me so I can get them in May, and they gave me $15 in gift certificates, so I kinda get a free figure out of it I suppose.

Have any idea what that might be about angieness? Do you guys have the same deal with your FMA figures? And all the ADs said the figures were due out IN MARCH.

Anyway, all the figures look great. Ed has 3 interchangable arms and a spear. Al is huge and his paint finish is awesome. The packaging on the figures is awesome. I'm just annoyed I can't have them now sad.gif .
[snapback]159197[/snapback]

Wow you should totally punch the sales associate in the face for that! heh When it comes to DVDs if they are street dated we can't put them on the floor at all. But when it comes to figures we really don't care because it's pretty dumb to street date figures. Even if their store is more strict than mine they should not have had the figures on the floor if they refuse to sell something that's street dated. And usually if we do put something that's dated on the floor on accident, we let the customer go ahead and buy it since it's our mistake. When I looked at the figures (believe you me I looked at them closely because I can't buy them until Friday when I get paid!), I didn't see a date on the tags. At the very least the store was nice enough to let you have a certificate but still, they should have let you have them.

And as a heads up, if you're going to buy the figures at Suncoast, if you spend over $30 you get like this blue spring gift certificate for $5, and if you spend over $50 you get a $10 one. Not as nice as the $15 one but still ^^ It really adds up, if you by the figures all at the same time it would be close to $50 in total, if you're like a dollar or two away from $50 and they don't give you the $10 instead of the $5 be one of those people that screams and raises hell XD To my knowledge all the stores are doing this deal
TheVileOne
QUOTE(angieness @ Apr 24 2005, 06:38 AM)
And as a heads up, if you're going to buy the figures at Suncoast, if you spend over $30 you get like this blue spring gift certificate for $5, and if you spend over $50 you get a $10 one. Not as nice as the $15 one but still ^^ It really adds up, if you by the figures all at the same time it would be close to $50 in total, if you're like a dollar or two away from $50 and they don't give you the $10 instead of the $5 be one of those people that screams and raises hell XD To my knowledge all the stores are doing this deal
[snapback]159743[/snapback]

That's actually what they gave me. They gave me a $5 and a $10 since I couldn't buy the figures. The clerk did mention it was weird since they usually don't street date the figures. Just a really bizarre occurrence. But for $15 off, I can wait another week. Just hope nothing happens to me smile.gif .
angieness
Update on merchandise! I bought the figures last night when I got paid and they're super nice! Also we got the first manga book in but we're not allowed to sell it until May 3rd because apparently the books are going into some sort of display or something. I have yet to see the display, but I'm assuming it's going to be FMA related
Kyo_Umerio
my Suncoast sold out of the figures *cries* and they dont have Blue Kanchi anymore
TheVileOne
Blue kanchi? What's that.

If all goes well I finally get my discounted FMA figures tomorrow! HUZZAH!
Kyo_Umerio
QUOTE(TheVileOne @ Apr 30 2005, 03:55 PM)
Blue kanchi?  What's that.

If all goes well I finally get my discounted FMA figures tomorrow!  HUZZAH!
[snapback]163854[/snapback]

from FLCL the Robot that because their house keeper happy.gif anyways....

i also got the manga did i mention that? atleast they kept the smae pic on the front and side happy.gif
miss_neko
kyo did you get your fma #2 gashapon set? i went to the store to pick it up today! lol
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.