Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fma Action Figures This Week?
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1) > English Dub episodes (on Adult Swim)
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Kyo_Umerio
QUOTE(miss_neko @ Apr 30 2005, 07:24 PM)
kyo did you get your fma #2 gashapon set? i went to the store to pick it up today! lol
[snapback]163997[/snapback]

XD!!! you couldn't ask me that on AIM?? anyways i ordered them they are scheduled to be here on Tuesday happy.gif i cant wait. did you get yours? can i see? i wanna seee *whimpers* i want mine... i need a digicam
miss_neko
sure i'll take a picture of it once i stop being lazy and get my butt off this chair! lol i'm using someone else's computer and there is no aim.
Jellybean
I've seen a set of figures on the internet that includes Envy, Lust, and Pride. Does anyone know if there are any plans to sell this set in the U.S. yet? I need that Envy figurine, and Bradley looks so cool with that double pair of swords. biggrin.gif
TheVileOne
QUOTE(Kyo_Umerio @ May 1 2005, 01:23 AM)
QUOTE(TheVileOne @ Apr 30 2005, 03:55 PM)
Blue kanchi?  What's that.

If all goes well I finally get my discounted FMA figures tomorrow!  HUZZAH!
[snapback]163854[/snapback]

from FLCL the Robot that because their house keeper happy.gif anyways....

i also got the manga did i mention that? atleast they kept the smae pic on the front and side happy.gif
[snapback]163995[/snapback]

I thought it was Kanti.
Edo-mame
I live in a city with barely any anime stores but today while looking through a hobby shop at my local mall I found full articulation FMA PlayArts figures. Lucky me, Edo was still there along with Al and Winry and only one of each in stock too. I didn't have the money to get them all so I got the one that was most worth my money and my favorite, Edo. He came with a lance, 3 sets of hands (automail and gloved), a removable rubbery coat, a set of arms for his red coat and another set for his black jacket, and his automail arm which included a detachable blade and the plate thing for his automail when it isn't transmuted. I thought that it was going to be a rip-off since it was so small (or maybe becasue it was Edo) but actually the details are very good and it is really posable.
miss_neko
^ rip off? how much did you buy it for.
angieness
QUOTE(Kyo_Umerio @ Apr 30 2005, 08:49 PM)
my Suncoast sold out of the figures *cries* and they dont have Blue Kanchi anymore
[snapback]163809[/snapback]

It sucks they sold out, we already sold out as well. We do have Kanchi though! We can't get rid of him, he's on clearance right now.

And as for the Pride, Envy, etc. that's the second trading arts set and it is coming out over here. The new set coming over stateside has Lust, Envy, Bradley, and Ed (which means they cut out Hughes and Izumi. Last time they cut out Riza, Scar, and Armstrong. I hope they eventually release the figures they cut out
Edo-mame
I got it for $24.99 CDN not including taxes.
Kyo_Umerio
QUOTE(TheVileOne @ Apr 30 2005, 08:05 PM)
QUOTE(Kyo_Umerio @ May 1 2005, 01:23 AM)
QUOTE(TheVileOne @ Apr 30 2005, 03:55 PM)
Blue kanchi?  What's that.

If all goes well I finally get my discounted FMA figures tomorrow!  HUZZAH!
[snapback]163854[/snapback]

from FLCL the Robot that because their house keeper happy.gif anyways....

i also got the manga did i mention that? atleast they kept the smae pic on the front and side happy.gif
[snapback]163995[/snapback]

I thought it was Kanti.
[snapback]164032[/snapback]

Kanti in the english anime, but the Japanese box says Kanchi on it... soo i'm guessing thats the japanese name,

Angieness happy.gif how much? buy it and send it to me and i'll sned you back my exrta riza and winry character figures?
TheVileOne
Well I finally got my FMA figures at Suncoast today. I had $15 worth of gift certificates due to the gaff last week. So I basically got one for free. The packaging is awesome. I'm going to be traveling soon, so the convenient, non-ripping, non-tearing packaging will it easier for me to pack and store the figures. The package art is really cool with the rule of equivalent exchange.

The back of the box lists the figures as no. 1, 2, and 3. The first series is figures is so awesome, but I want more. I want figures of Roy, Greed in his human shield form, Lust, Gluttony, Robo-Tucker. EVERYONE! So I hope these aren't the only FMA figures we get.

Al is great. Lots of articulation and the joints are pretty tight for the most part. Al comes with an extra set of hands and the kitten he found in episode 13. His front armor is removeable along with his head. So you can keep the kitty inside. I wish Al came with a few more things though like Ed did.

The detail on Al is fantastic. His armor paint job has a sort of light brown rust finish on certain areas. And he even has the blood seal on the inside of his armor! The eye sockets of his armor even have his white pupils. The figure is also huge.

I'll be back later with my review for Ed. Haven't opened him just yet.
Kyo_Umerio
QUOTE(TheVileOne @ May 1 2005, 05:00 PM)
Well I finally got my FMA figures at Suncoast today.  I had $15 worth of gift certificates due to the gaff last week.  So I basically got one for free.  The packaging is awesome.  I'm going to be traveling soon, so the convenient, non-ripping, non-tearing packaging will it easier for me to pack and store the figures.  The package art is really cool with the rule of equivalent exchange. 

The back of the box lists the figures as no. 1, 2, and 3.  The first series is figures is so awesome, but I want more.  I want figures of Roy, Greed in his human shield form, Lust, Gluttony, Robo-Tucker.  EVERYONE!  So I hope these aren't the only FMA figures we get. 

Al is great.  Lots of articulation and the joints are pretty tight for the most part.  Al comes with an extra set of hands and the kitten he found in episode 13.  His front armor is removeable along with his head.  So you can keep the kitty inside.  I wish Al came with a few more things though like Ed did. 

The detail on Al is fantastic.  His armor paint job has a sort of light brown rust finish on certain areas.  And he even has the blood seal on the inside of his armor!  The eye sockets of his armor even have his white pupils.  The figure is also huge. 

I'll be back later with my review for Ed.  Haven't opened him just yet.
[snapback]164690[/snapback]

Are you serious? THATS AWESOME!!! Al really has a blood seal? now i actually want them XD!!!
TheVileOne
Ed's also got a cool figure. A lot of articulation including ankles. I'm worried about removing the arms because there's this white powder in his sockets. Well his red coat arms and red coat are removeable. He has 2 sets of white gloved hands. Closed fisted, and open-handed. So you can basically do his alchemical hand clap, which is cool.

He has 3 sets of automail hands. Closed fisted, open fist, and open-handed. So he can do the clap with the auto-mail hand as well. He also has the set of his black over-shirt arms. And of course his auto-mail arm. The auto-mail arm has a removable alchemized blade that Ed uses frequently as his weapon of choice in the series. He also has a long spear lance that he used in the first episode of the show. The spear though doesn't really fit or stay in his hand very well.

The sculpt and likeness is good, though Ed's face is kind of plain and expressionless. Wish he could've had like his wicked smile or confident look. Or angry look.

I like the Red coat, good paint job and finish, vinyl. It has Ed and Al's alchemy symbol on it.
Edo-mame
When I took his arms off there was also white powder... but I've been switching his arms and nothing seems to be affected. It's probably there to make the joint more grippy or something. When I was disassembling him some chips of the paint came off from the joints though but luckily it didn't come off the actual figure. The lance doesn't hold well though sad.gif but if you have him holding it up it can rest on the surface you put him on and it won't fall out of his hands tongue.gif . Edo is so fun to pose, right now hes standing on my computer table posed with his automail blade along with my Squall and Yuna (FF8,FF10-2) statues. It's a bit hard to get him to stand though when he wears his red coat, too much weight in the back. The only thing I felt cheated on was the flamel (alchemy symbol) on his red coat, its missing some things.

The Al one sounds really good too especially since he even has the blood seal. But the Winry one is kinda weird because... she has a removable head, one with a bandana and one without blink.gif I hope that they make more figures (Roy!)
Kyo_Umerio
QUOTE(TheVileOne @ May 1 2005, 08:22 PM)
Ed's also got a cool figures.  A lot of articulation including ankles.  I'm worried about removing the arms because there's this white powder in his sockets.  Well his red coat arms and red coat are removeable.  He has 2 sets of white gloved hands.  Closed fisted, and open-handed.  So you can basically do his alchemical hand clap, which is cool. 

He has 3 sets of automail hands.  Closed fisted, open fist, and open-handed.  So he can do the clap with the auto-mail hand as well.  He also has the set of his black over-shirt arms.  And of course his auto-mail arm.  The auto-mail arm has a removable alchemized blade that Ed uses frequently as his weapon of choice in the series.  He also has a long spear lance that he used in the first episode of the show.  The spear though doesn't really fit or stay in his hand very well. 

The sculpt and likeness is good, though Ed's face is kind of plain and expressionless.  Wish he could've had like his wicked smile or confident look.  Or angry look. 

I like the Red coat, good paint job and finish, vinyl.  It has Ed and Al's alchemy symbol on it.
[snapback]164827[/snapback]

what if the white powder is anthrax? XD!!! j/k anyways i actually really want Winry and Al the most. but i kinda want ed too... i guess i'll have to buy them even though they dont have roy ~_~
angieness
Kyo, sure I can pick up the figure for you as long as no one buys it before I get paid which I highly doubt heh

One thing that amused me about the FMA figures was the instructions for Al say for 14 and up. I mean why? I guess there are so many parts someone younger would lose them but still, I thought it was weird. And yep, my Ed also had white powder, I have no idea why! Maybe to keep moisture from getting in there and letting mold grow? That's the only reason I can think of but if that were the case I imagine they'd do it to all the figures. Ed is the one I've had the most issues with getting the arms off! It's insane how hard it is to get them off! It also would have been really cool if Ed and Al both came with extra heads like Winry did, Ed could have had a grin or a pissed look and Al could have had his cutesy face. But other than those few issues I'm still very happy with the figures and they better do the military next!

I imagine if they did the military next they'd do Roy, Riza, and Hughes or Armstrong. Then they could do the sins which they'd probably do Envy, Lust, and Greed. Then they could go bust out with all the other characters and we could have a big army
Kyo_Umerio
QUOTE(angieness @ May 2 2005, 12:30 PM)
Kyo, sure I can pick up the figure for you as long as no one buys it before I get paid which I highly doubt heh

One thing that amused me about the FMA figures was the instructions for Al say for 14 and up. I mean why? I guess there are so many parts someone younger would lose them but still, I thought it was weird. And yep, my Ed also had white powder, I have no idea why! Maybe to keep moisture from getting in there and letting mold grow? That's the only reason I can think of but if that were the case I imagine they'd do it to all the figures. Ed is the one I've had the most issues with getting the arms off! It's insane how hard it is to get them off! It also would have been really cool if Ed and Al both came with extra heads like Winry did, Ed could have had a grin or a pissed look and Al could have had his cutesy face. But other than those few issues I'm still very happy with the figures and they better do the military next!

I imagine if they did the military next they'd do Roy, Riza, and Hughes or Armstrong. Then they could do the sins which they'd probably do Envy, Lust, and Greed. Then they could go bust out with all the other characters and we could have a big army
[snapback]165108[/snapback]

do you know how much the Kanti was?

it would be soo awesome if they did develop the sins and the military, but i somehow doubt they will.
angieness
Kyo, at the moment the figure is 25% off of 17.99 and unfortunately I can't get my employee discount on clearance items so is it okay if I wait until the price goes down further? We've had the figure for more than a year so I doubt it's going anywhere

In merchandise news, all you people who thought you were lucky to have gotten the FMA manga early at Borders and Waldenbooks but you were wrong! On Monday we apparently got in a shipment of free Edward keychains to give to people who buy the manga

IPB Image

sorry for the hideous image editing, I just got home and didn't feel like making it all pretty. He's about 2 inches tall and 1 inch wide and he's one of those plastic keychains you see for Inu Yasha and Trigun. I'm not sure if all the stores will have them so call ahead, I imagine if you buy something else FMA related you could also get it
Glam
O.O I so want that keychain!! *pouts* I went to barnes and nobles today and they didn't have the new manga, so then i made my mom drive me to borders and then i got the manga, but it took me a while to find it >.<, but i didn't get that keychain! *grabs for keychain and runs away*
Kyo_Umerio
QUOTE(angieness @ May 4 2005, 07:53 PM)
Kyo, at the moment the figure is 25% off of 17.99 and unfortunately I can't get my employee discount on clearance items so is it okay if I wait until the price goes down further? We've had the figure for more than a year so I doubt it's going anywhere

In merchandise news, all you people who thought you were lucky to have gotten the FMA manga early at Borders and Waldenbooks but you were wrong! On Monday we apparently got in a shipment of free Edward keychains to give to people who buy the manga

IPB Image

sorry for the hideous image editing, I just got home and didn't feel like making it all pretty. He's about 2 inches tall and 1 inch wide and he's one of those plastic keychains you see for Inu Yasha and Trigun. I'm not sure if all the stores will have them so call ahead, I imagine if you buy something else FMA related you could also get it
[snapback]166554[/snapback]

my Suncoast seems to love me, so maybe they will give it to me for free anyways XD!!
angieness
Fear not! I imagine as long as your Suncoast has the keychains (call and make sure, not all of them get the same promo stuff) and you buy something anime, even if it's just pocky or the new issue of Animerica that has shirtless Ed on the cover, they'll give you one if you ask. We got a big pack of them and I already grabbed 6 of them (1 for me 5 for friends) so it'd be unfair if I grabbed anymore. But yeah I doubt other stores will run out in a day since they probably got a yellow envelope full of them from Viz as well

And apparently hell froze over and we have a few anime titles on sale for 7.99, of course none of them are spectacular! heh I know RG Veda, Tokyo Babylon, Battle Arena Toshinden, and that's all I remember are in the sale. (they're regular priced 9.99)
Kirara
Ah I want one of those. The people at suncoast do know me so maybe they will give me one. I'd be willing to pay if neccessary (well a reasonable price for a keychain. )
miss_neko
is the keychain a limited item? glad i didn't buy my manga yet lol
Kyo_Umerio
QUOTE(miss_neko @ May 5 2005, 03:57 PM)
is the keychain a limited item? glad i didn't buy my manga yet lol
[snapback]167112[/snapback]

i'm guessing for as long as supplies last.
Kirara
I got the Keychain. I bought a Newtype magazine and Rurouni Kenshin 13 and the clerk was nice enough to give me the keychain.
Jellybean
QUOTE(angieness @ May 4 2005, 08:53 PM)

[snapback]166554[/snapback]

DOH! I already bought it at Waldenbooks. dry.gif
But that Animerica with shirtless Ed on the cover sounds interesting, maybe I'll get it with that.
angieness
Yeah it's as supplies last, we only have 2 left since I used the FMA manga as my trump card on all the helpless anime fans XD I was all you know...if you buy the first FMA manga you get this COOL keychain! heh But yeah as long as you buy something anime related you should be fine. I imagine after a while Viz will market them for sale along with Al (had several people ask if we had Al). Just got shipment today and nothing new FMA wise. All we got this week in shipment was the Hitchhiker's Guide figures (if you're a fan, we got the 10 inch Marvin), more stupid LOTR figs that no one buys anyways, and the ultimate in geekdom, the official $100 fullsized Star Wars Anakin and Darth Vader light sabers. I'm going to die when we sell those laugh.gif
miss_neko
actually the keychains are already out in the market to buy n.n
AlphonseRules
I was at Suncoast today buying a DVD and asked if I could get the keychain even thought I already bought the manga and they didn't have any problem with that. They couldn't find any though so I gotta pick it up the next time I go in.
Kyo_Umerio
QUOTE(miss_neko @ May 6 2005, 09:04 PM)
actually the keychains are already out in the market to buy n.n
[snapback]167824[/snapback]

yea i saw that, they have Ed and Al on RSC
angieness
Just got another poster in!

http://www.fullmetal-alchemist.com/gallery...php?image_id=98

it's this picture and it has a red border and the FMA logo on it, same size as the other poster we got in
Glam
Oooh! I just got that poster at suncoast 3 days ago! ^^; I wanted the poster at hot topic but they didn't have it so I went to suncoast and they had posters! XPP But i got no keychain! T.T (again)
Kyo_Umerio
i'm going to Suncoast tomorrow happy.gif hoepfully they'll still have the keychains.... anything else new Angieness?

Edit: o.O;;;; i went today.... they hadn't even opened them yet, they didn't know what they were for *blinks*
ymsg
I'm going tomorrow. I can't wait to get to suncoast; they always have something new and the new DVD comes out this month. *hopes they have anime insider*. I live for that store. It's gonna be like my home til September.
miss_neko
^ *blinks* wow you must love that store.
Kyo_Umerio
QUOTE(miss_neko @ May 11 2005, 02:57 PM)
^ *blinks* wow you must love that store.
[snapback]171031[/snapback]

o.o my store isn't all that great... i would spend months in there though if i could just watch anime and read Manga happy.gif;;;;
AlphonseRules
I got the keychain today when I picked up a Wolf's Rain DVD, so it's obvious that they don't really care what you buy. Just ask for it. Ed has a menacing look on his face, I like it.
Kyo_Umerio
QUOTE(AlphonseRules @ May 11 2005, 08:39 PM)
I got the keychain today when I picked up a Wolf's Rain DVD, so it's obvious that they don't really care what you buy.  Just ask for it.  Ed has a menacing look on his face, I like it.
[snapback]171203[/snapback]

they have an Alphonse one too... but no ones giving it away.

http://store1.yimg.com/I/rsc-online_1845_8569835
angieness
Yeah Viz only sent us Edwards, I was surprised we didn't get Al

BTW hope you all saw this

http://animenewsnetwork.com/article.php?id=6625

The FMA manga is #1 in graphic novels sales, #13 on fiction trade paper back list, and #58 on overall fiction
Kyo_Umerio
QUOTE(angieness @ May 12 2005, 12:49 PM)

The FMA manga is #1 in graphic novels sales, #13 on fiction trade paper back list, and #58 on overall fiction
[snapback]171386[/snapback]

it'll probably be that way for a while.... Angieness you and i really need to talk cause now i'm obsessed with Naruto and FMA WOOO!!! YAY! SASUKE AND GAARA!!! *falls over* too much sand.....*coughs*
angieness
QUOTE(Kyo_Umerio @ May 12 2005, 10:32 PM)

it'll probably be that way for a while.... Angieness you and i really need to talk cause now i'm obsessed with Naruto and FMA WOOO!!! YAY! SASUKE AND GAARA!!! *falls over* too much sand.....*coughs*
[snapback]171510[/snapback]

hehe sure sure! The best way is to email me because I rarely get on AIM, you can reach me at angieness@gmail.com
Kyo_Umerio
QUOTE(angieness @ May 13 2005, 02:58 PM)
QUOTE(Kyo_Umerio @ May 12 2005, 10:32 PM)

[snapback]171510[/snapback]

hehe sure sure! The best way is to email me because I rarely get on AIM, you can reach me at angieness@gmail.com
[snapback]171889[/snapback]

i added you to my MSN like you told me to a long time ago but you never came on,

anyways is anything else FMA being released here soon?
miss_neko
^ dvd volume 3 in 2 1/2 weeks! XD
Kyo_Umerio
QUOTE(miss_neko @ May 15 2005, 09:29 AM)
^ dvd volume 3 in 2 1/2 weeks! XD
[snapback]172852[/snapback]

lol thanx happy.gif you are always ontop of the new FMA stuff, when the 2nd Manga? anyone know?
Glam
^^; according to my 1st fma manga, it comes out july something...
miss_neko
well since it's out bi-montly.. i'm gueessing july 28
Lust and Envy
Im so looking forward to the Lust and Envy figurines!! biggrin.gif
Kyo_Umerio
QUOTE(Lust and Envy @ May 15 2005, 05:26 PM)
Im so looking forward to the Lust and Envy figurines!! biggrin.gif
[snapback]173110[/snapback]

those ones are coming out here? i already got a silver and collred envy
miss_neko
hmm... i think they are already out.. right? o.0
Kyo_Umerio
QUOTE(miss_neko @ May 17 2005, 06:19 PM)
hmm... i think they are  already out.. right? o.0
[snapback]174314[/snapback]

*_*!!!!! SHOW KYO!!!
angieness
Sorry for my lack of updates, just we haven't gotten in much new stuff, but yesterday was an explosion anime merchandise wise!

We just got in the first set of DX figures

IPB Image

you know, these sexy thangs! I wasn't going to get them but I broke down and got them. They're each only $11.99 which is a steal compared to the $17.99 I spent on my Riza DX. They're each VERY nice, the only difference iis they don't come with stands but they stand on their own very well. And the Al is huge! He's also very solid he feels like he weighs several pounds.

As for other anime merchandise we just got in the Shippo and Human InuYasha plushes. And for the Fruits Basket fans we got mini Kyo beanie baby type plushes and a bigass Shigure. Also some plush Inu Yasha keychains, Chobits large figures, Knuckles from Sonic plush, and that was about all we got in this week. I got paid today so I'm already broke because I bought a bunch of manga, the three figures (we got 2 in of each), and the book Fast Food Nation
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.